Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nazim Richardson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Megadeth
Does anyone know if Nazim is training both Bernard and Shane for their fights. It seems interesting that Bernard is fighting on the 4/28 and a week later Shane is fighting. I know that Nazim is also working Badr.

I wonder if this is going to have any effect on the fighters. I am surprised I have not seen anything written about this.
daprofessor
bhop is a vet in the game....so is shane. i'm sure it's easy for him to train them both simultaneously...or for bhop to prep on his own and join up with nazim later.

side note...who is this badr guy? never heard of him except for on this forum...
Thickback
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2012, 01:15 PM) *
bhop is a vet in the game....so is shane. i'm sure it's easy for him to train them both simultaneously...or for bhop to prep on his own and join up with nazim later.

side note...who is this badr guy? never heard of him except for on this forum...

He was the bad boy of kick boxing. Talented fighter,and one of the best. He should make a pretty good transition to boxing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 12 2012, 01:48 PM) *
He was the bad boy of kick boxing. Talented fighter,and one of the best. He should make a pretty good transition to boxing.

any footage? there have been plenty who were bad asses in kick boxing that never made it in boxing....what separates him from the rest?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2012, 12:15 PM) *

Badr Hari is NO EFF'N JOKE!!! He gave it to Allistair Overeem!!!! 6'6 and mean as eff!!!!
mgrover
i've seen a bit of badr and he doesn't seem all that bad, dedicated to his craft, he could easily climb the ranks of the current crop of heavyweights.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 12 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Badr Hari is NO EFF'N JOKE!!! He gave it to Allistair Overeem!!!! 6'6 and mean as eff!!!!

never heard of him. dntknw.gif
flazi
they both gave it to each other. Badr won by KO and Ovreem won by KO.
mgrover
the first fight with overeem he was getting caught with some pretty heavy hands, i mean boxing wise it didn't seem up to par, haven't had a chance to see anything else, plus the fight was only 1 round.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 12 2012, 05:01 PM) *
they both gave it to each other. Badr won by KO and Ovreem won by KO.

True story
Cshel86
Damn that was a good question...but as someone already mentioned, Hopkins is a vet, so he should do good with minimal training with Naz. The fact that these fights are 3 weeks away, is more of a surprise to me.
Megadeth
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 12 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Damn that was a good question...but as someone already mentioned, Hopkins is a vet, so he should do good with minimal training with Naz. The fact that these fights are 3 weeks away, is more of a surprise to me.

But if you read the interview with shane from the front page there are several interesting things. Shane always trains in Big Bear, I believe Bernard always trains in florida. Shane was asked who is there with him and he said Badr, Cunningham, dynamite and a couple of others but no mention of hopkins. He also didnt mention nazim either.
Is nazim in florida with bernard?
Franchize
I think Bro Naz's training methods are better suited for Hopkins anyway. Shane is a veteran but he doesn't always fight like one. Richardson's training seems predicated on his fighter being a thorough student of the game. While a borderline HOFer, Shane isn't as cerebral a fighter as some people give him credit for.
Cshel86
Im sure that if Naz had to choose between Shane and Bernard...then the decision wouldn't be hard. Anyway...Shane floors Canelo in 4!!! WAR MOSLEY!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 03:04 PM) *
Im sure that if Naz had to choose between Shane and Bernard...then the decision wouldn't be hard. Anyway...Shane floors Canelo in 4!!! WAR MOSLEY!!!

whoa! that is a bold prediction my friend.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 13 2012, 04:03 PM) *
whoa! that is a bold prediction my friend.

I know, right! Im more ready to pumped about this fight, than the main event!
neophyte7
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 13 2012, 10:13 AM) *
I think Bro Naz's training methods are better suited for Hopkins anyway. Shane is a veteran but he doesn't always fight like one. Richardson's training seems predicated on his fighter being a thorough student of the game. While a borderline HOFer, Shane isn't as cerebral a fighter as some people give him credit for.

"borderline hall of famer".... no way is Shane a borderline hall of famer if Kosta tszu is in there... no way in hell
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 06:32 PM) *
I know, right! Im more ready to pumped about this fight, than the main event!

i believe the main event will be a foty candidate. smile.gif
pesticid
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2012, 06:16 PM) *

Shane is getting knocked out even if Nacho were to train him, same as DLH, DLH sold the fight though. Shane, he just took it cause of the money.
Mayweather took any confidence he had left and now he's ready to be buried in cement. I just hope he doesn't decide to run the first time he gets hit flush.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2012, 07:16 PM) *

I wont knock you on this. Im just hard pressed to see why nobody's giving Cotto a chance. The crazy thing is, people are giving him a chance by saying that "the first 4 rounds will be competitive", but hell, those "competitive rounds" are grounds for 1 punch changing the pace of the fight...or ending it for that matter.

I find it funny how people forget about those "filling out" rounds in the Mosley fight, where Shane landed some punches that could've made May 1st a special day in th history books.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 10:49 AM) *
Shane is getting knocked out even if Nacho were to train him, same as DLH, DLH sold the fight though. Shane, he just took it cause of the money.
Mayweather took any confidence he had left and now he's ready to be buried in cement. I just hope he doesn't decide to run the first time he gets hit flush.

Wouldn't you take the fight for the money? Dont all fighters do that for a living? Mayweather may have taken Shane's confidence away, but let's face it, Canelo's no Mayweather.

If Shane runs after the first punch lands flush, then thats pretty much expected. Now, if Canelo cant cut off the ring and stopped Shane's survival mode technique, then what does that say about Canelo?
Franchize
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 16 2012, 04:25 PM) *
"borderline hall of famer".... no way is Shane a borderline hall of famer if Kosta tszu is in there... no way in hell

I had no idea Tszu was a HOFer lol I guess theyre givin that title out liek Gov't cheese huh lol
neophyte7
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 17 2012, 11:45 AM) *
I had no idea Tszu was a HOFer lol I guess theyre givin that title out liek Gov't cheese huh lol

lol.... correct you are.. that is how I see it. Curious as to your rational on Mosley being borderline? I am not bashing it..hell I think the boxing hall of fame should be more exclusive like the BASEBALL HALL... the baseball hall just doesn't let anyone in...
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:56 AM) *
I wont knock you on this. Im just hard pressed to see why nobody's giving Cotto a chance. The crazy thing is, people are giving him a chance by saying that "the first 4 rounds will be competitive", but hell, those "competitive rounds" are grounds for 1 punch changing the pace of the fight...or ending it for that matter.

I find it funny how people forget about those "filling out" rounds in the Mosley fight, where Shane landed some punches that could've made May 1st a special day in th history books.

Wouldn't you take the fight for the money? Dont all fighters do that for a living? Mayweather may have taken Shane's confidence away, but let's face it, Canelo's no Mayweather.

If Shane runs after the first punch lands flush, then thats pretty much expected. Now, if Canelo cant cut off the ring and stopped Shane's survival mode technique, then what does that say about Canelo?

That he is no better than Floyd and Pacman cause they couldn't do much when Shane was in survival mode. Yeah I would take it for the money, but let's not believe that Shane is back to his old self. He did look good against Tony but his last three fights were the worst. I think Winky beat him the most decisively but Floyd really hurt him with some fot eh shots and afterwards he no longer had the heart and confidence to go through punishement and pain. At least that's my theory.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 17 2012, 11:45 AM) *

they gave stallone one...fuck it, why not? laugh.gif

it's like the wbc with their belts. laugh.gif
Slumpage
QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 02:45 PM) *
That he is no better than Floyd and Pacman cause they couldn't do much when Shane was in survival mode. Yeah I would take it for the money, but let's not believe that Shane is back to his old self. He did look good against Tony but his last three fights were the worst. I think Winky beat him the most decisively but Floyd really hurt him with some fot eh shots and afterwards he no longer had the heart and confidence to go through punishement and pain. At least that's my theory.

Wouldn't say that, I mean by round 10 against Floyd I recall Nazim telling Shane he was considering stopping it. Which would indicate that shane's "survival mode" was barely working...

As for Manny, well Shane just exposed what Nacho, Nazim, Marquez and many of us already knew, dude doesn't seem to understand how to cut the ring off. Watch Buboy tryna frantically explain it to him inbetween rounds during the 3rd Marquez fight. Wanna avoid Pacquiao punches, then circle to your left... Floyd consistently tagged Shane flush all night, Manny was all rushing in off balance just tryna land another decent blow. So if Shane's survival mode act against Canelo allows him to remain relatively unscathed as in the Manny fight, well to me that'd show that Mr Alvarez needs to learn how to cut off the ring, especially considering he's more of a plodding fighter than someone like Manny. I'd reccomend to him watching how Floyd just walked Shane down the whole fight. Shane was retreating a lot, but he wasn't avoiding too many punches...
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 17 2012, 02:45 PM) *

Actually Floyd was able to land on Shane at will, even in the later rounds....cant say the same about Manny after the 3rd round knockdown that he scored against Shane. Manny's shots were getting blocked all night long, and Shane ended up showing us that Manny struggles with cutting the ring off.

As for Mosley's last 3 fights...in two of them (FMJ and Pac), it's almost expected to not look good...and that Mora fight, boy did Sergio run for the whole fight. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.