Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the hardest fight(s) that you've tried to score?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I would've made a poll about this, but I want to hear everyone's take on this. The reason I opened this topic, was because of the Barrera/Morales trilogy. Between the first two fights, I dont know which one's harder...but the rubber match was an easy call in favor of Marco.

What's your take on this? What is your hardest fight(s) that you've tried to score?
Hittman25
For me the Barrera Morales first two fights and paciqauo marquez last two fights were really tough to find a winner. I think the last fight between pac and marquez was a draw, way to even. Lucas martin maythsse fights recently have been tough to score as well the judah and alexander fights being the examples
mgrover
marquez pac was hard
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 14 2012, 04:49 PM) *
marquez pac was hard

Which one?
Cshel86
Barrera/Morales was the hardest for me. Marco would control the first 90 seconds of a round, and Morales would pick up the last half of the round. Then they obviously switched places, with Morales being first in some of those rounds.

There were SEVERAL close, see-saw rounds, that could've gone either way. I actually gave the first fight to Erik (which was highly disputed). Marco was the harder puncher of the two, and you can tell by Erik's reaction when he got hit...problem was, Barrera wasn't busy enough...especially in those middle rounds where he seemed to just stop punching.

He has several explosive moments during rounds, whether he was winning the round or not. Morales was just busier throughout the whole fight, and only hurt Barrera on a couple of occasions...opposite of the effect that Marco's punches had on him.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, I gave the fight to Erik, but I seriously gave respect to Barrera. There were rounds when he hardly did shit, then came back and hurt Morales at the end of the rounds.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Which one?

the third
Cheesey1
A poll is a must for a person like me. The tough thing with a poll is that you'll probably have to list at least 30 matches 'cause there've been a lot of good, close encounters of the boxing kind.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 14 2012, 05:12 PM) *
the third

Oh okay...I would've leaned more towards the 2nd fight. The rubber match did have some close rounds though, so I cant knock you for that.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 14 2012, 05:16 PM) *
A poll is a must for a person like me. The tough thing with a poll is that you'll probably have to list at least 30 matches 'cause there've been a lot of good, close encounters of the boxing kind.

That's the reason I didn't do one. If you have 10 matches off the top of your head, then PM them to me so I can hook up a poll.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Oh okay...I would've leaned more towards the 2nd fight. The rubber match did have some close rounds though, so I cant knock you for that.

That's the reason I didn't do one. If you have 10 matches off the top of your head, then PM them to me so I can hook up a poll.

That requires more processing power than my brain possesses. Off the top of my head Tavoris Cloud / Glen Johnson and RJ Jr vs. Antonio Tarver I.
flazi
definitely the first two barrera morales, castillo corrales 1 was super hard for me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 15 2012, 02:23 PM) *
castillo corrales 1 was super hard for me.

You can only appreciate fights with endings like that! I usually pray for a stoppage when every rounds becomes a see-saw round.
mrwigi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 02:44 PM) *
You can only appreciate fights with endings like that! I usually pray for a stoppage when every rounds becomes a see-saw round.

+1
I remember actually scoring that fight as it was happening and getting to round 7 i believe and thinking "How in the hell are the judges going to find a winner in this fight"
neophyte7
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 14 2012, 05:12 PM) *
the third

lmao.. mr. grover-- no disrespect sir... but YOU MUST HAVE HAD WEED, HENNESY AND COCAINE... Pac barely won three rounds!!! LOL
mgrover
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:08 AM) *
lmao.. mr. grover-- no disrespect sir... but YOU MUST HAVE HAD WEED, HENNESY AND COCAINE... Pac barely won three rounds!!! LOL

nah i was sober that night, tired but still logical i had it a close draw, i havent rewatched it since, with all the controversy am pretty certain I'll want Marquez to win. Then again this weekends dead

also Hopkins vs Calzaghe the first time I watched it I gave it to Cal but a lot of his flurries missed, it seemed like he was landing and I still some understand how people gave it to Cal after clearly watching it again
pesticid
DLH vs Whitaker
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Apr 20 2012, 05:03 PM) *
I remember actually scoring that fight as it was happening and getting to round 7 i believe and thinking "How in the hell are the judges going to find a winner in this fight"

I still get the same feeling when I watch it today. That see=saw shit in fights, in NOT my cup of tea, but I cant knock the excitement that comes along with it.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 20 2012, 09:12 PM) *
nah i was sober that night

LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.