Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Rios/Abril-Marquez-Fedchenko@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
This thread is for all on-going and post-fight reactions to tonight's boxing PPV main event doubleheader. IMPORTANT: SOME SYSTEMS (NOT ALL) WILL BE CARRYING A PORTION OF THE UNDERCARD AN HOUR EARLIER THAN THE START TIME INDICATED. IF THIS APPLIES TO YOUR SYSTEM, REPLY WITHIN, EXPECTING SPOILERS 15 MINS INTO THE SHOW FOR THE 1ST FIGHT. If your system is not showing the undercard, the time zones above apply for your live coverage.

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
anybody got a live stream?
Cshel86
This commentary definitely sucks! If Brian Kenny is the man in charge, then thats saying a lot...and not in a good way.
Cshel86
Gesta has won the first two rounds, and Cuero has made his mark in the 3rd...to bad Gesta has figured it out already. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Cuero hasn't won a round, but he isn't going out like a punk. He walked to his corner SLOOOOW as shit after the 6th, which is a clear indicator that he's done. Im looking for a knockout in the 7th...
Cshel86
That right to the body dropped Cuero...and Im not sure he wants anymore. He looks done though...
Cshel86
Cuero's down with a right hand over the top, and his corner stops it. Gesta by TKO in the 8th....
Cshel86
Damn I gave the first to Herrera. Both guys are working at a high rate and Alvarado's stronger, but that uppercut by Herrera froze Alvarado in his tracks.
Cshel86
Alvarado's hurting him on the inside no2.gif
Cshel86
Herrera got his ass kicked at his own game in the second....and the 3rd is looking the same. Herrera's face is already lumped up, so this shouldn't last long...
Cshel86
Herrera is dead on his feet...but determined. Alvarado is pushing the gas on this ass-kicking that he's working on...
Cshel86
Goddamn! Why wont his corner just stop the fight? Herrera's eye is shut, and its obvious that he cant see anything no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Goddamn! Why wont his corner just stop the fight? Herrera's eye is shut, and its obvious that he cant see anything no2.gif

I was just wondering the same thing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 14 2012, 10:31 PM) *
I was just wondering the same thing.

Both of them hoes closed now no2.gif
Cshel86
Alvarado's gonna have to take some time off, like for real. That lip was starting to open again on the corner no2.gif
Cheesey1
Indeed. Is Rios/Abril next?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 14 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Indeed. Is Rios/Abril next?

Yep...
Cshel86
Cleavage!

*CShel stands up for the National Anthem of Mexico*

*serious moment*
C.Alarid1
Can someone please send me a live stream please?
C.Alarid1
Thanks Cshel!
Cshel86
"Bam Bam, wants to knock you out! All he wants to do is straight knock you out!!!!"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Cshel86
Vargas looks like somebody's fat ass uncle at a family bbq laugh.gif
Cshel86
Abril looks lanky and strong...using his jab well and keeping the distance....
sduck
Abril startin off with a good jab
Cshel86
Gave the first to Abril. He was controlling the pace and the style (as they mentioned) of the fight. Rios is following him around the ring and is reaching in order to land something...nothing landed.
sduck
i wish Rios would learn how to box at least. Jesus man you can't win every fight sluggin
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 14 2012, 11:04 PM) *
i wish Rios would learn how to box at least. Jesus man you can't win every fight sluggin

Yep...Abril looks sharp. Rios doesn't look comfortable at all. This aint no bum ass ground's keeper Murray that he's fighting...he's fighting a guy with some type of technique and works from a distance.

If he loses this fight...would it really matter?...being the fact that this is his last fight at 135?
Dlac
can i be sent the link to watch the fight please
Cshel86
Fuck that, Im NOT giving Rios shit...Abril has won the first 3 on my card. Rios DID start to land a few punches in the 3rd, but he didn't do enough to win.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Yep...Abril looks sharp. Rios doesn't look comfortable at all. This aint no bum ass ground's keeper Murray that he's fighting...he's fighting a guy with some type of technique and works from a distance.

If he loses this fight...would it really matter?...being the fact that this is his last fight at 135?

If Abril threw the jab more often and with venom I'd definitely give him a very good chance, but he's not doing that enough. Or at least he isn't for this round that I finally started paying attention to.
Cheesey1
I think this might be the first Brandon Rios match that I'm watching in full and I don't know, but if this is the future of the Holy Rank, I can understand why they protect Pacquaio so much.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:10 PM) *
If Abril threw the jab more often and with venom I'd definitely give him a very good chance, but he's not doing that enough. Or at least he isn't for this round that I finally started paying attention to.

Man Rios is leaving his head out there (expecting a phone booth fight), but Abril is giving up his height to set up a nasty right hand...which will land with force sooner or later.
Cheesey1
Rios is there to be hit. If Abril was a bit stronger and didn't mostly stand there, Rios is there for jab led combos and a move to the side. Even the body could be punished.
Cshel86
This shit reminds me of Cloud/Campillo. Rios has made NO adjustments, as evidenced by the fact that he still throws those useless overhand pitty pat punches that keep landing on Abril's glove when they're in a clinch. Rios isn't first AT ALL...
mrchitown
Rios has no head movement whatsoever
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 14 2012, 11:22 PM) *

And he doesn't seem fast to me either. So I guess that his plan is a straight line type of attack?
Hotsauce
i see a robbery coming
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:22 PM) *
This shit reminds me of Cloud/Campillo. Rios has made NO adjustments, as evidenced by the fact that he still throws those useless overhand pitty pat punches that keep landing on Abril's glove when they're in a clinch. Rios isn't first AT ALL...

Since this is my first live Rios match, I don't know if he always fights like this.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 14 2012, 10:22 PM) *

margarito 2.0
Cshel86
Man Abril looks like one of those Whoville characters from The Grinch movie laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Ha! Abril just looked at Rios as the round ended like "What!!"
Cshel86
Abril isn't going anywhere after this fight, believe that. Rios will just move up to 140, have a fan-friendly fight, and people will forget all about this fight. Sad truth, but thats how it goes...
sduck
Rios lookin like a amateur dude...
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 14 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Rios lookin like a amateur dude...

I agree. STILL, Im not sure is Gamboa would've been able to fight like Abril for a full 12 rounds though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:41 PM) *
Abril isn't going anywhere after this fight, believe that. Rios will just move up to 140, have a fan-friendly fight, and people will forget all about this fight. Sad truth, but thats how it goes...

It'll be interesting, because weight wise, he might be more powerful at 140, but technically, I think that the deep waters of the 140lb division might be a bit too much for Rios.
sduck
116 - 112 Abril

lol of course they give it to Rios
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 14 2012, 10:28 PM) *
margarito 2.0

Lol true. He's going to have to really tighten up defensively if he wants to keep fighting and make noise at 140. And his weight issues is a sign of lack of discipline
Cshel86
FUCKIN' ROBBERY!!! laugh.gif

Where's Hotsauce???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 14 2012, 11:47 PM) *
116 - 112 Abril

lol of course they give it to Rios

I can see it being scored closer than 116-112, but yeah, I also think that Abril did enough to win.
Hotsauce
lol this ain't funny
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.