Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Rios/Abril-Marquez-Fedchenko@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
They could've at least gave Abril some vaseline before they fucked him like that....

*I hate these damn Mexican circuits...what the hell is this clip of Marquez supposed to be doing? They do this shit with Canelo every time...3-5 minutes of highlights and dramatic music laugh.gif

Man these Tecate girls are hot!!!
Jhill47
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 10:47 PM) *
FUCKIN' ROBBERY!!! laugh.gif

Where's Hotsauce???

Will you send me the link please sir? I would reall appreciate it
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:59 PM) *
Will you send me the link please sir? I would reall appreciate it

Check your PM dawg!
Jhill47
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:08 PM) *
Check your PM dawg!

Thanks brotha
Cshel86
Fedchenko is fooling himself if he thinks that he can piss these rounds away by moving and not engaging. He's landed a few counters, but he hasn't done enough. Its safe to give marquez the first 4 rounds, or you can score it 3-1...just to be nice.
Cshel86
Marquez mixed his shit up in the 5th...dont see this lasting much longer. I see Chavez Jr.'s fat ass in the crowd...motherfucker's probably a cruiserweight right now laugh.gif
Cshel86
Man its damn near 40k people in this arena! Imagine how many asses will be in seats at the Cowboys Stadium (seats over 100k) if he fights Morales Erik Morales...
Cshel86
Fedchenko is starting to piss me off. I mean c'mon dude, either engage or circle the ring the whole time. Stop all of that bullshit feinting and that half-ass engaging.
Cshel86
God...Fedchenko just happens to be a fucked up mix of McCloskey and Dzinzurik rolleyes_anim.gif
Hotsauce
so rios vs jmm???
pimpfighterROQ
I'm really impressed how Marquez has been looking in this and the last fight with Pac. He looks bigger, powerful and stronger than ever. He actually looks like a welterweight.

I want to know how Hereda conditions Marquez. damn.
Cheesey1
That was an okay match, no real suspense. Marquez looked good, but Fedchenko was never a real threat.
pimpfighterROQ
Marquez is goin to have a festival with Margarito jr. if they fight next. I wonder if Bobfather would risk losing his undefeated brawler to Marquez. Like most people thought, Rios is amateurish when someone boxes him. Marquez is goin to counterpunch his ass all night.

I wanna see Mayweather vs Marquez II. I want to see this new improved Marquez against Floyd.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 15 2012, 12:58 AM) *
I'm really impressed how Marquez has been looking in this and the last fight with Pac. He looks bigger, powerful and stronger than ever. He actually looks like a welterweight.

I want to know how Hereda conditions Marquez. damn.

He's still working with Hereda? I thought that he dropped him after the Pacquaio match.
Cshel86
Okay, so somebody can shoot Fedchenko in the parking lot for all I care...never wanna see him again...dude is a clown. The Mexico crowd is a tough one, and that bullshit he pulled, was grounds for deadly force.

As for Abril...screw him! He HAD to know that he wasn't going to walk away from this as the winner, without a knockout. He practically begged and whored for this fight, and didn't close it in convincing fashion...which would've been by way of KO in this situation.

Rios will move up to 40 and forget all about this loss, and Abril will probably pull a Hopkins (post RJJ 1) and beg for a rematch for years to come. Decent card, but wasn't worth the money. It's boxing though...so no need to complain about it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 15 2012, 01:02 AM) *
Marquez is goin to have a festival with Margarito jr. if they fight next. I wonder if Bobfather would risk losing his undefeated brawler to Marquez. Like most people thought, Rios is amateurish when someone boxes him. Marquez is goin to counterpunch his ass all night.

I wanna see Mayweather vs Marquez II. I want to see this new improved Marquez against Floyd.

Yup. Based on what I saw of Rios today, definitely.

Not interested in Mayweather/Marquez II.
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:04 AM) *
Okay, so somebody can shoot Fedchenko in the parking lot for all I care...never wanna see him again...dude is a clown. The Mexico crowd is a tough one, and that bullshit he pulled, was grounds for deadly force.

As for Abril...screw him! He HAD to know that he wasn't going to walk away from this as the winner, without a knockout. He practically begged and whored for this fight, and didn't close it in convincing fashion...which would've been by way of KO in this situation.

Rios will move up to 40 and forget all about this loss, and Abril will probably pull a Hopkins (post RJJ 1) and beg for a rematch for years to come. Decent card, but wasn't worth the money. It's boxing though...so no need to complain about it.

Surprised it was a split decision win for Rios though lol. I expected a flat out ridiculous unanimous or a majority decision. I guess Bob only had enough time to quickly hand an envelope filled with money to one of the judges LOL.
Hotsauce
yea jmm has gotten bigger
Cshel86
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 15 2012, 01:13 AM) *
Surprised it was a split decision win for Rios though lol. I expected a flat out ridiculous unanimous or a majority decision. I guess Bob only had enough time to quickly hand an envelope filled with money to one of the judges LOL.

LOL!

Seriously, a split decision usually gives people an idea that the fight was close. With that said, I cant call it close, if Rios was on the inside tapping Abril's right gloves with those pitty pat punches, while he was in a shell.

Now, if Rios was able to land some uppercuts on the inside (which he elected not to do), then I would've given him a few rounds. He looked so dumb out there last night, and made it painfully obvious that he cant make adjustments.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 15 2012, 04:10 AM) *
yea jmm has gotten bigger

He was bigger in his last fight, and less ripped. He looked better last night, being the fact that the Pacquiao fight was pretty much a test drive (in regards to his new conditioning).
BoxingFan86
I missed both fights, but I was told I didn't miss much.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:23 AM) *
I missed both fights, but I was told I didn't miss much.

Nope, ya didn't miss much. You missed a blatant robbery, and some Ukrainian cat that was happy to be in Mexico. That's about it though! laugh.gif Check your PM please sir....
Jack 1000
Just a heads up on Jerry Roth who scored for Rios,

I can tell you a pattern of Jerry Roth scored fights. He almost always goes for the guy going forward whether his punches are effective or not. ("The busier guy.") He is less likely to favor slick counter-punchers. If Richard clinched and held a lot last night, Roth would see that as a negative.

Don't know enough about Glen Trowbridge to make a call on him.

Jack

mitukczuk
You are making me more and more sorry for missing the fight guys....
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:33 AM) *
Nope, ya didn't miss much. You missed a blatant robbery, and some Ukrainian cat that was happy to be in Mexico. That's about it though! laugh.gif Check your PM please sir....
This is exactly what I was told and ok.
un01
lmao, i havent seen the fight yet, but if its as bad as people say it was then this is hilarious laugh.gif

im just laughing at the fact that Brandon said he was a nobody and still got his ass whopped... shout out to Abril for doing what he said he was gonna do, prove that Rios is garbage... this should be the last time that anyone waist their money on a top rank event
checkleft
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 11 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Yea I can see an upset. That rios quote on the front page has jinx written all over it lol "I will never lose to a no name like abril" or something to that extent. I'll laugh so hard if his ass gets sparked up

I guess I didn't factor in that abril was fighting four people.

But I'm done w/ TR. Never watching one of their fights again, this is three fixes in less than a year(pac marquez, lopez salido, abril rios). I want to watch a sport not something scripted or fixed.
Cshel86
Man Checkleft...you were absolutely right! I had my reservations about the results of this card as well....

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Anybody smell an upset this weekend???

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2012, 12:34 PM) *
The PPV card could possibly have "upset" written over it. Im not sure how Abril will fair against Rios, who will probably have a significant weight advantage. With that said, I've seen Rios hurt by Acosta (on a few occasions) and Antillon (a couple of times).

Anybody that can move and punch with confidence, will give Brandon trouble...

checkleft
Yea a few people on the board were feeling the upset. Rios is basically a carbon copy of marg, he's just lucky abril didn't have more pop ala mosley or the judges wouldn't have been able to save him. Anyone with a little ability should be able to follow this blueprint and outbox rios. Sort of how Paulie got a hold of diaz after marquez gave it to him

But TR is dead to me. I might as well be watching wwe if I'm gonna watch them.
Jack 1000
I don't know if one can call fix, or incompetence, or whatever,

I say when there is a fucked up decision, it is not always incompetence, because if it was, the lesser fighter would get bad decisions, as well as the marketable one. The judges are smart enough to know that they are less likely to get a promoters big fight, if they go against his fighter.

Arum's now worse than King IMO.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 16 2012, 12:26 AM) *
I don't know if one can call fix, or incompetence, or whatever,

I say when there is a fucked up decision, it is not always incompetence, because if it was, the lesser fighter would get bad decisions, as well as the marketable one. The judges are smart enough to know that they are less likely to get a promoters big fight, if they go against his fighter.

Arum's now worse than King IMO.

Absolutely correct. Exactly what in the hell were they going to do with Abril, in regards to his image? That's the same question I had when Campillo was robbed in the Cloud fight.

I had to check myself for getting pissed about Marquez not getting the decision in the rubber match against Manny. JMM's nearly on father time, and is able to headline big fights at 140. Sad thing is, Manny is in the mix for a mega fight that people are losing sleep over. No need to lose the remaining luster of the big fight, by awarding Marquez the decision...
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 07:53 AM) *
Absolutely correct. Exactly what in the hell were they going to do with Abril, in regards to his image? That's the same question I had when Campillo was robbed in the Cloud fight.

I had to check myself for getting pissed about Marquez not getting the decision in the rubber match against Manny. JMM's nearly on father time, and is able to headline big fights at 140. Sad thing is, Manny is in the mix for a mega fight that people are losing sleep over. No need to lose the remaining luster of the big fight, by awarding Marquez the decision...

This is "suppose" to be a sport though. It's not suppose to be about popularity, its suppose to be about the better individual. Sports are built off of upsets, that's what makes them exciting. Ncaa basketball the nfl playoffs college football... And the list goes on
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2012, 07:57 PM) *
This is "suppose" to be a sport though. It's not suppose to be about popularity, its suppose to be about the better individual. Sports are built off of upsets, that's what makes them exciting. Ncaa basketball the nfl playoffs college football... And the list goes on

The difference between boxing and other sports, is that most of those other sports are a team effort and there are several known teams for people to choose from. Boxing isn't full "known" fighters that people can choose from. Those known fighters nowadays, may fight every 4-8 (even 12 months) apart.

With that said, promoters and networks spend so much time trying to build fighters, so losses (especially embarrassing ones) are not an option. If guys are undefeated, then that's better marketability for a causal (or clueless) fan who may not know the full scoop. Boxing is a brutal and unforgiving sport, so 1 loss has the ability to set a guy back, unlike other sports, where teams typically play weekly, so there are several chances for redemption.

Example: Canelo vs Mosley...on the May 5th card, most folks just know Cotto, Floyd, and Mosley. So when they Alvarez's record, they will say, "Hey, this red-headed kid is undefeated, so he must be a bad ass, and look, he's fighting Shane. Let's see what he can do".
Jack 1000
I was just wondering,

If these terrible decision fights are fixed in a way, where say just for an example that the house fighter or guy with the undefeated record, or the big name promoter is supposed to win against a visiting fighter with some loses, how do you think a promoter like Arum would be doing the fixing so as not to get caught? You would still almost have to have documented evidence like a video showing bribe money being exchanged between the two judges and King in the Cloud-Campillo fight, or Delahoya and the judges in the Williams-Laura fight, or the two judges who voted for Rios in the Abril fight. If there is dirty pool going down, how do you think it goes down?

Or does no bribe have to take place in a fight with a terrible decision, and the judges are just favoring the name fighter to get more assignments in the future? The fear of retributions from 80-something year old men.......Arum and King. Or even Oscar when his fighters get decisions they don't deserve?

What hasn't changed is the amount of people buying the PPV's because of bad decisions. I would like to see a massive Internet rally of concern against terrible judging where people are saying, "I am not buying Pacquiao-Bradley, because Bradley will never be treated fairly on the cards against Arum's cash cow.

What's really happening here? Answers could be varied and interesting. If Arum retires or dies, same with King, how much would that change the state of boxing?

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.