As for Robert Garcia...Im still hard pressed to understand why anyone considers him a great trainer. I honestly believe that he's a poor's man Freddie Roach.
1. Margarito sucks from a technical standpoint, and all he knows how to do is take punishment (in a good fashion), and go balls to wall in every fight.
2. Rios made it painfully obvious last night, that he doesn't know how to make adjustments. I mean, he dug a deeper hole for himself as the rounds passed. I laughed at him from the couch, and Abril laughed at him in the ring.
3. Donaire is just athletic as hell and has great power, but boxing wise...Vasquez made him look like a bit "amateurish" at certain points of the fight. Donaire struggles with making adjustments, and is often a victim of eating jabs, and cutting off the ring from time to time. I dont see the chemistry between him and Robert, but he does make Robert look good when he wins in an impressive fashion.
4. Pavlik... Im still laughing at this, somebody help me stop. Please...
5. Maidana...*sigh* Seriously?
6. Mikey Garcia - This has to be Robert's best fighter to date. He's disciplined when it comes to sticking to the game plan. They better take their time with him, because the rest of the fighters are already on the downside (aside from Donaire).
I've been feeling this way for a while, not just after last night. Does anybody see his instructions between rounds effective? How good is he, really?