Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comments Thread for Mayweather/Cotto 24/7 (Ep. 1-4)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
Im surprised nobody opened this thread yet, but oh well. Please leave all comments concerning the 24/7 segments, in this thread.
mitukczuk
You got an epic signature, C' !

Still haven't seen the first episode :/
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 15 2012, 12:36 PM) *
You got an epic signature, C' !

Dude I swear I cried laughing when I saw him dancing last night. I HAD to hurry up and make this sig. Moments like that should always be captured!
Gambit808
Just Floyd being Floyd, I hope i'm not the only 1 saying "what the hell is that" to some of the training methods Pedro diaz has Cotto doing, i'm looking at it like compared to the training Floyd is Putting in makes Miguel look as though he's on vacation. I mean so far that quote from Miguel saying he's gonna work harder doesent seem as though it adds up to what i saw... but i guess 24/7 doesent show you everything.

Floyd Sr. seems as though he was only there for show... BOOM
cuzzo707
Where can I get a Roger Mayweather shirt at??? You don'r know shit about boxing shirt?
mitukczuk
QUOTE (cuzzo707 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Where can I get a Roger Mayweather shirt at??? You don'r know shit about boxing shirt?

Nothing easier than put it on a t-shirt yourself, man.

BTW - Just watched the face-off again....I kind of like Floyd being respectful like that. Cotto did earn his position to fight him the hard way. I don't see Floyd being intimidated or anything. Can't wait to see him 'dance' again....all business.
Cshel86
Honestly, at this point, I prefer watching Mayweather train and fight. This Money Mayweather persona is starting to kill me. He's saying that it's a persona, but something leads me to believe that he's vicariously trying to live that lifestyle.

I mean damn, he is a rich so he can buy whatever he pleases, but the whole "hood" mentality is starting to get out of hand. I think I liked his persona, pre Marquez, in which he was more of his flashy self, and less "hood like", or attempting to be.

No matter what people say about 50 Cent, you always have to respect his take on reality issues. I think the bromance with 50 is starting to go to Floyd's head a bit. It sort of reminds me of how 2Pac was this mild mannered, philosophical guy (pre prison term), then he started hanging out with more street cats and started gangbanging in his 20's laugh.gif

mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *
Honestly, at this point, I prefer watching Mayweather train and fight. This Money Mayweather persona is starting to kill me. He's saying that it's a persona, but something leads me to believe that he's vicariously trying to live that lifestyle.

I mean damn, he is a rich so he can buy whatever he pleases, but the whole "hood" mentality is starting to get out of hand. I think I liked his persona, pre Marquez, in which he was more of his flashy self, and less "hood like", or attempting to be.

No matter what people say about 50 Cent, you always have to respect his take on reality issues. I think the bromance with 50 is starting to go to Floyd's head a bit. It sort of reminds me of how 2Pac was this mild mannered, philosophical guy (pre prison term), then he started hanging out with more street cats and started gangbanging in his 20's laugh.gif

lol, I prefer watching him fight from the very begining. Hearing him talk is painful to watch and I bet its painful for him to do as well. People seem to confuse his 'what is the word I want to say' face with intimidation.....but he is just trying to think....

Man...but he sure as hell can box! I can't wait to see this fight. TBH, i have not been looking forward to any recent fight like this...

P.S. Still can't get enough of your sig..Gotta see that fight...
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 02:34 PM) *

what lifestyle?

he doesn't act hood to me
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 15 2012, 05:28 PM) *
lol, I prefer watching him fight from the very begining. Hearing him talk is painful to watch and I bet its painful for him to do as well. People seem to confuse his 'what is the word I want to say' face with intimidation.....but he is just trying to think....

Man...but he sure as hell can box! I can't wait to see this fight. TBH, i have not been looking forward to any recent fight like this...

P.S. Still can't get enough of your sig..Gotta see that fight...

Sometimes I feel that way...just hoping that he looks at what he puts out there. I know that at some point, people get bored with money (i.e. 50 Cent) and they just do whatever. Difference is, 50 has been through some street shit, unlike Floyd...for the most part.

I liked him back in the day, even when I cringed at the upcoming words that were coming out of his mouth. Difference is, he talked more about boxing back then...now he has this whole street persona, that he seems to be quietly pursuing.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 15 2012, 07:06 PM) *
what lifestyle?

he doesn't act hood to me

laugh.gif

Hotsauce...you gotta check the signs in this. All of this, "I dont give a fuck" attitude that comes from him, is more than the norm. He had that attitude, and put it work in order to reach the pinnacle (after the Oscar fight). When he got that fame that he longed for, you suddenly started hearing shit like, "If you violate, we'll demonstrate".

Thats street shit, and its the quote of street gangs/big gangs known as BMF. BMF took over Atlanta for a while, and Im not sure that its over. That shit stood for Black Mafia Family, or Big Meech Flenory, which was a huge drug trafficking gang down here, and they "demonstrated" when anybody opposed to what they were doing.

Again, Floyd is a millionaire..but hanging around guys like 50 (who grew up in the streets), is rubbing off on him a bit too much. I love to watch him train and fight, but he seems to be getting too involved in this "Money Mayweather" character. Money Mayweather should be kicking ass and collecting...not portraying a street mentality.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 06:50 PM) *
Hotsauce...you gotta check the signs in this. All of this, "I dont give a fuck" attitude that comes from him, is more than the norm. He had that attitude, and put it work in order to reach the pinnacle (after the Oscar fight). When he got that fame that he longed for, you suddenly started hearing shit like, "If you violate, we'll demonstrate".

Thats street shit, and its the quote of street gangs/big gangs known as BMF. BMF took over Atlanta for a while, and Im not sure that its over. That shit stood for Black Mafia Family, or Big Meech Flenory, which was a huge drug trafficking gang down here, and they "demonstrated" when anybody opposed to what they were doing.

Again, Floyd is a millionaire..but hanging around guys like 50 (who grew up in the streets), is rubbing off on him a bit too much. I love to watch him train and fight, but he seems to be getting too involved in this "Money Mayweather" character. Money Mayweather should be kicking ass and collecting...not portraying a street mentality.

eh i don't see that

its just floyd being floyd
mgrover
Seems like that's how people thought of him and he's just committing to the part
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 15 2012, 08:28 PM) *
eh i don't see that

its just floyd being floyd

However you want to look at it, is cool with me. I just see a rich guy (bored with money), who's trying to be street all of a sudden. Nothing against him and how he trains/fights, but it appears that he's starting to try and live his persona.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 07:52 PM) *
However you want to look at it, is cool with me. I just see a rich guy (bored with money), who's trying to be street all of a sudden. Nothing against him and how he trains/fights, but it appears that he's starting to try and live his persona.

i just don't see him being street.

i see him being a prick.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 15 2012, 01:05 PM) *
Just Floyd being Floyd, I hope i'm not the only 1 saying "what the hell is that" to some of the training methods Pedro diaz has Cotto doing, i'm looking at it like compared to the training Floyd is Putting in makes Miguel look as though he's on vacation. I mean so far that quote from Miguel saying he's gonna work harder doesent seem as though it adds up to what i saw... but i guess 24/7 doesent show you everything.

Floyd Sr. seems as though he was only there for show... BOOM

That bullshit excuse he gave for comin' by the gym in the 1st place was... I meant, "is" comical. When he was explainin' him and Floyd's reconciliation, it sounded like he was tryin' to make that part of the show all about him. I could be reachin', though.
Franchize
I prefer the 24/7 Floyd over the Face Off Floyd. Faceoff was him trying to be marketable. 24/7 was raw and uncut. I love the part where he says, "Cotto is a HOF fighter. I'm not stupid. I know he's coming in there to fuck me up." and 50 said he leaned to Flyod b4 the Ortiz fight and said "He's tryna stop you from being able to feed your kids." I don't mind shit talking and brashness...as long as it's not scripted. FaceOff seemed premeditated and scripted. Almost like Adrian Broner. 24/7 was just guys with tons of talent and confidence, who know they've been to the mountain top, and whoever wants to knock them off, is going to have to be great doing it. I was disappointed in FaceOff, even though he did show Cotto his much do respect. In 24/7, it looks like he's gonna give Cotto respect but also let him know "You gonna have to make me respect you in the ring with me"

As for Floyd Sr, I think he did want to be a part of the show. And I do think there is some substance to the accusations of him being jealous. That said, I think more than anything though, he is truly hurt that hs relationship with his son is how it is. I think both guys are and both love each other more than they like to portray publicly but are both too proud to admit their wrongs and reconcile. I think that hald hearted hug was actually a way to say "Let's let it go" without actually discussing it. Me and my dad bickered for years. It took some dramatic events in my life to change how we acted toward each other.At the end of the day, we never realy apologized to one another. We just knewin our heads that both of us wanted to put it behind us. "90% of communication is non verbal"
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 16 2012, 10:48 AM) *
I prefer the 24/7 Floyd over the Face Off Floyd. Faceoff was him trying to be marketable. 24/7 was raw and uncut. I love the part where he says, "Cotto is a HOF fighter. I'm not stupid. I know he's coming in there to fuck me up." and 50 said he leaned to Flyod b4 the Ortiz fight and said "He's tryna stop you from being able to feed your kids." I don't mind shit talking and brashness...as long as it's not scripted. FaceOff seemed premeditated and scripted. Almost like Adrian Broner. 24/7 was just guys with tons of talent and confidence, who know they've been to the mountain top, and whoever wants to knock them off, is going to have to be great doing it. I was disappointed in FaceOff, even though he did show Cotto his much do respect. In 24/7, it looks like he's gonna give Cotto respect but also let him know "You gonna have to make me respect you in the ring with me"

As for Floyd Sr, I think he did want to be a part of the show. And I do think there is some substance to the accusations of him being jealous. That said, I think more than anything though, he is truly hurt that hs relationship with his son is how it is. I think both guys are and both love each other more than they like to portray publicly but are both too proud to admit their wrongs and reconcile. I think that hald hearted hug was actually a way to say "Let's let it go" without actually discussing it. Me and my dad bickered for years. It took some dramatic events in my life to change how we acted toward each other.At the end of the day, we never realy apologized to one another. We just knewin our heads that both of us wanted to put it behind us. "90% of communication is non verbal"

They are so much alike which causes friction plus Sr. was absent for six years at a crucial time in young Floyd's life. Plus you can't forget how Senior and Floyd's mother wasn't the greatest. All that still simmers. As time moves on hopefully both men realize that their relationship for each other is more important than the past hurts.

The best quote from 24/7 was his PETA rant! Classic. Cotto's bathroom shot was outstanding too. 50 has aged and he said some interesting things, like commenting on the jail sentence. I love Cotto's trainer he is like a Jedi, very calm and relaxed and focused. Cotto seemed very comfortable in his role.

The confidence and never say die attitude Cotto has can and will be problematic for Mayweather. How do you stop a guy that isn't afraid to get hit or be beaten? I think this fight has all the makings of a classic. Mayweather will walk away with the W but his face will tell a story of a fight. Good show... Roger looks ten times better. It seems he has been taking care of himself not only that but he did not curse...
CDeezFoo
QUOTE (cuzzo707 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:24 AM) *

haha I thought that shirt was awesome too...As far as Floyd acting street...I don't see that either...just looks like a guy that nobody can tell shit too so he says and does what he feels. I was crackin up when he got on them PETA bums..I remember them messing with Mike Tyson a couple years ago so it makes me wonder why exactly he talked about them..I have much respect for Floyd an 50 and both brothaz are smarter than any of us will ever be so I think everything is calculated. Floyd's only down talk on Cotto was that he was gonna chop his ass up...I hope Miguel responds to that next episode because if he does...all this sorta half assed nice guy from Money will go out the window.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 15 2012, 03:34 PM) *

that's exactly what it reminds me of!!!

i had a cousin get locked up for outstanding traffic tickets. he was in county for a month. dude was raised in the suburbs and was proper as shit! think carlton banks. he came out talking big and had become gangsta as fuck! laugh.gif "is wayne brady gonna have to choke a bitch!?" i laughed so hard at the punk muthafucka...but the sad part...he had everyone else fooled...including himself. he's a crackhead now. it's all tragic. hopefully floyd wakes the fuck up. let jeff and floyd sr tell it...floyd is zero parts hood and actually let all this hip hop gangsta shit get to his head.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 16 2012, 11:48 AM) *
"90% of communication is non verbal"

You're absolutely correct! As men, it can be hard for us to apologize to each other, because some men take that as a sign of submission. The egos of Jr. and Sr. is definitely the answer to their estranged relationship, on top of past events that they seem to not have gotten to the bottom of.

QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Apr 16 2012, 03:03 PM) *
I have much respect for Floyd an 50 and both brothaz are smarter than any of us will ever be so I think everything is calculated.

C'mon man, listen to yourself. Floyd and 50 are "smarter than any of us will ever be"??? Dude, seriously...sit the crack pipe down. You may want to open your mouth and remove Floyd and 50's testi...sigh...nevermind.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2012, 03:28 PM) *
that's exactly what it reminds me of!!!

i had a cousin get locked up for outstanding traffic tickets. he was in county for a month. dude was raised in the suburbs and was proper as shit! think carlton banks. he came out talking big and had become gangsta as fuck! laugh.gif "is wayne brady gonna have to choke a bitch!?" i laughed so hard at the punk muthafucka...but the sad part...he had everyone else fooled...including himself. he's a crackhead now. it's all tragic. hopefully floyd wakes the fuck up. let jeff and floyd sr tell it...floyd is zero parts hood and actually let all this hip hop gangsta shit get to his head.

That's usually how it goes. I just noticed that he seems to be getting waaay into his character, and he's starting to believe he really is. That's just my observation though. Whether somebody is really street, pretending, or simply wannabes...that on them. I just hate to see them become a victim of it.

Floyd and 50 are crazy rich, and its obvious that 50 has been bored with money for at least the past 5 years now. laugh.gif I do give them credit for the money that they've made and their ways of making it...cant knock 'em for that at all.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:50 AM) *
Sometimes I feel that way...just hoping that he looks at what he puts out there. I know that at some point, people get bored with money (i.e. 50 Cent) and they just do whatever. Difference is, 50 has been through some street shit, unlike Floyd...for the most part.

I liked him back in the day, even when I cringed at the upcoming words that were coming out of his mouth. Difference is, he talked more about boxing back then...now he has this whole street persona, that he seems to be quietly pursuing.

laugh.gif

+1 to Cshel's

I do cringe when I hear him say 50's name every 20seconds
and then the money act is getting whack.
Love it however when he talks shit and is confident and the training
but the two things I mentioned above...he needs to consider ditching
Cshel86
I still cant believe everybody's looking past Miguel, as if one punch just wont change shit in the fight...What's even worse is that people are using a Face-Off and 4-part series to predict the outcome of the fight no2.gif What has the world come to?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 01:43 PM) *
I still cant believe everybody's looking past Miguel, as if one punch just wont change shit in the fight...What's even worse is that people are using a Face-Off and 4-part series to predict the outcome of the fight no2.gif What has the world come to?

I noticed that shit, too, but I didn't even bother speakin' on it laugh.gif. Even Floyd once said, "My job is similar to bein' a police officer. All it takes is 1 shot and it could all be over." With that bein' said, I expect Floyd to win, but I don't expect him to look too good doin' it. If Cotto can sneak in a few of his signature body shots, it could be a long (or short laugh.gif) night for Floyd. 1 more thing I noticed 'bout Floyd that could lead to his demise, is the fact that he seems to be under-estimatin' Cotto's size. If you pay attention enough, you'll hear Floyd emphasize a point like "I've been in the ring with guys that are bigger than Cotto. Ortiz is bigger than Cotto." Every time I hear him mention shit like that, I silently think to myself, "Is Floyd really under-estimatin' Cotto's size? He's downplayin' Cotto's size, but that could end up bein' 1 of the main things he needs to focus on."
pesticid
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:10 PM) *
I noticed that shit, too, but I didn't even bother speakin' on it laugh.gif. Even Floyd once said, "My job is similar to bein' a police officer. All it takes is 1 shot and it could all be over." With that bein' said, I expect Floyd to win, but I don't expect him to look too good doin' it. If Cotto can sneak in a few of his signature body shots, it could be a long (or short laugh.gif) night for Floyd. 1 more thing I noticed 'bout Floyd that could lead to his demise, is the fact that he seems to be under-estimatin' Cotto's size. If you pay attention enough, you'll hear Floyd emphasize a point like "I've been in the ring with guys that are bigger than Cotto. Ortiz is bigger than Cotto." Every time I hear him mention shit like that, I silently think to myself, "Is Floyd really under-estimatin' Cotto's size? He's downplayin' Cotto's size, but that could end up bein' 1 of the main things he needs to focus on."

Floyd may not be bigger than Cotto but he is stronger and he might bully Cotto around. Floyd like Ward is very strong despite that he doesn't have this big physique. He is like Bhop, Zaghe strong and it took him a while to get this strenght.
neophyte7
people forget that Mayweather opponents land at 16% on average. Cotto is slow and will not land much clean effective punches to win.. aggression on his part will be rewarded with the fastest and precise counters he has ever be\en hit with... Cotto has a low blows' chance...
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:43 PM) *

its been like that for years
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:10 PM) *

i have not heard this...but i agree...this can be a problem.
neophyte7
Cotto is not a giant...please stop...Cotto 5"7 with a 67 inch reach Mayweather is 5"8 with a 72inch reach. Cotto just moved up to 154.. Mayweather has been there aleady.. there is not size disparity and I would not be surprised to see mayweather physically handle Cotto without much problem..
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:13 AM) *
Cotto is not a giant...please stop...Cotto 5"7 with a 67 inch reach Mayweather is 5"8 with a 72inch reach. Cotto just moved up to 154.. Mayweather has been there aleady.. there is not size disparity and I would not be surprised to see mayweather physically handle Cotto without much problem..

I dont remember Mayweather weighing in at 154. I remember him signing for 154, but weighing in at 150 or 151. Cotto has made the 154 limit for the past 2 years, but I agree that there isn't going to be a huge size difference.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:28 PM) *
I dont remember Mayweather weighing in at 154. I remember him signing for 154, but weighing in at 150 or 151. Cotto has made the 154 limit for the past 2 years, but I agree that there isn't going to be a huge size difference.

That's correct. Floyd weighed in at 150 lbs. for the De La Hoya fight.

Cotto is definitely the larger fighter at this point in time, even without rehydration.

Having said that, I think people are going to find out that the 5 inch reach and speed advantage that Floyd has is going to be a motherfucker in this fight.

Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 19 2012, 12:46 PM) *
That's correct. Floyd weighed in at 150 lbs. for the De La Hoya fight.

Cotto is definitely the larger fighter at this point in time, even without rehydration.

Having said that, I think people are going to find out that the 5 inch reach and speed advantage that Floyd has is going to be a motherfucker in this fight.

Yep! Fuck that!...Im going for Cotto in this one...just off of the "1 punch can change a fight" and the element of surprise. laugh.gif NOBODY's giving Cotto a chance, and some are going with the safe answer of Cotto doing good in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

As a paying customer, I just want to believe that some shit will happen! Maybe the booze and herb will help me along the way though laugh.gif Really though, Im hearing people say that Floyd is going to give Cotto the "Gatti treatment" and so forth....PLEASE! I doubt it.

Fact is, Mayweather does get hit, and all it takes is one punch. Am I hoping for him to lose? No. Am I expecting Cotto to just go in there, get jabbed once, go down, and not make the 10 count? Nope. Are people making it sound that way? Yep! Why? I have no idea.
sduck
The only thing Cotto has going for him is skill...somewhat. He's decent at boxing, and is a solid counter-puncher. It's just his lack of speed, no footwork, no head movement. Someone like Marquez is very slow, but he has the footwork and timing to back up his speed. Cotto doesn't. He'll hit standstill targets at will, but people with movement (see Pacquiao) are typically able to pick him apart, because Cotto's counter game won't work for him. If Cotto tries to box with Floyd, he's going to get picked apart like Marquez. Cotto's best chance is to try to bully Floyd, pressure, go to the body, like he used to do. Now he likes to box and headhunt. That's not a solid plan against Floyd, especially when you're slow and get hit so easily. The only thing Cotto has for himself defensively is that he likes to keep his hands up in front of his face, which would make it difficult for Floyd to consistently land the jab... Other than that it's more-likely a solid victory for Floyd. I know people ALWAYS like to bring up "Puncher's Chance" everyone has that. But Cotto is slow, not the hardest puncher around, easily hittable. I'm not saying it's going to be an easy fight, but it's a definite win for Floyd. And based upon Floyd's attitude like in 24/7... I'm starting to think HE thinks it'll be an easy fight. He probably wants a more impressive performance than that what Pacquiao did, even though of course he won't come out and say it. He wants the smaller gloves because he wants a quicker knockout.

Also, the most we know Floyd has weighed is 150. He's been weighing that in all his recent fights that we know of like with Ortiz. I doubt he's going to literally try to make the 154 limit. He'll be comfortable at that weight, just like Cotto will be.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Yep! Fuck that!...Im going for Cotto in this one...just off of the "1 punch can change a fight" and the element of surprise. laugh.gif NOBODY's giving Cotto a chance, and some are going with the safe answer of Cotto doing good in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

As a paying customer, I just want to believe that some shit will happen! Maybe the booze and herb will help me along the way though laugh.gif Really though, Im hearing people say that Floyd is going to give Cotto the "Gatti treatment" and so forth....PLEASE! I doubt it.

Fact is, Mayweather does get hit, and all it takes is one punch. Am I hoping for him to lose? No. Am I expecting Cotto to just go in there, get jabbed once, go down, and not make the 10 count? Nope. Are people making it sound that way? Yep! Why? I have no idea.

lmao i been hearing that everywhere.

im like floyd was in his prime in 05, he is past his prime now.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 19 2012, 04:41 PM) *
lmao i been hearing that everywhere.

im like floyd was in his prime in 05, he is past his prime now.

It could very well happen, but folks should show Cotto a bit more respect than that, seriously. I agree that he was in his prime in '05, and he still appears to be, but the better term for his current state, would be something along the lines of "well preserved", I guess.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:56 PM) *

Everyone has a puncher's chance, but as far as the bold part goes, I've been hearin' that as well. Although I don't expect that to happen, I wouldn't be mad if it does. Like someone mentioned in a different thread concernin' the Mayweather-Gatti fight, "A lot of people knew this was gon' happen, but to actually see it happen was amazin' and heart-breakin' at the same time." laugh.gif

QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 19 2012, 12:57 PM) *
The only thing Cotto has going for him is skill...somewhat. He's decent at boxing, and is a solid counter-puncher. It's just his lack of speed, no footwork, no head movement. Someone like Marquez is very slow, but he has the footwork and timing to back up his speed. Cotto doesn't. He'll hit standstill targets at will, but people with movement (see Pacquiao) are typically able to pick him apart, because Cotto's counter game won't work for him. If Cotto tries to box with Floyd, he's going to get picked apart like Marquez. Cotto's best chance is to try to bully Floyd, pressure, go to the body, like he used to do. Now he likes to box and headhunt. That's not a solid plan against Floyd, especially when you're slow and get hit so easily. The only thing Cotto has for himself defensively is that he likes to keep his hands up in front of his face, which would make it difficult for Floyd to consistently land the jab... Other than that it's more-likely a solid victory for Floyd. I know people ALWAYS like to bring up "Puncher's Chance" everyone has that. But Cotto is slow, not the hardest puncher around, easily hittable. I'm not saying it's going to be an easy fight, but it's a definite win for Floyd. And based upon Floyd's attitude like in 24/7... I'm starting to think HE thinks it'll be an easy fight. He probably wants a more impressive performance than that what Pacquiao did, even though of course he won't come out and say it. He wants the smaller gloves because he wants a quicker knockout.

Also, the most we know Floyd has weighed is 150. He's been weighing that in all his recent fights that we know of like with Ortiz. I doubt he's going to literally try to make the 154 limit. He'll be comfortable at that weight, just like Cotto will be.

That's true, but a lot of people don't realize how often Floyd goes to the body. He's a sneaky body-puncher, an effective one, too.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 04:52 PM) *
It could very well happen, but folks should show Cotto a bit more respect than that, seriously. I agree that he was in his prime in '05, and he still appears to be, but the better term for his current state, would be something along the lines of "well preserved", I guess.

+1
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 03:52 PM) *

i would love for floyd to put on a performance like that again but i don't see it
neophyte7
ROUND 4 of his fight with Ortiz.. Floyd opened up and let his hands go hitting Victor with damn near 15 punches ... he was really beginning to punish the younger and bigger Ortiz... I see Floyd opening up in similar fashion on the slower and not so defensive Cotto...
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 12:56 PM) *

Yeah, that's a good point. It's kind of like what Vito said, that we as boxing fans in general, want to see Floyd in a precarious position and having to dig himself out of a hole. Cotto's one of the few fighters of the last 20-30 years that I've seen, has transformed himself from a brawler to a true boxer - puncher. He has a lot of skills and I honestly believe that if he fought Pacquiao at a comfortable weight (even 150 lbs. at this point), that he would outbox him and beat him up. I might be in the minority on this one, but something just tells me that would be the case.

My personal hope for Cotto is that I'd like to see him very well conditioned, to the point where he doesn't seem as though he's gassing out towards the end of the fight. I'm expecting a good contest and feel as though we're going to see one.
neophyte7
The way I saw Cotto taking punishment in victory from the slow Margarito tells me he is going to get sliced and diced by Mayweather's accurate and sharp punches...
mrchitown
Cotto sleepin in the same bed with his friend was weird to say the least but those damn pajama pants he had on sealed the deal LOL
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 22 2012, 01:32 AM) *
Cotto sleepin in the same bed with his friend was weird to say the least but those damn pajama pants he had on sealed the deal LOL

Ya know?! I didn't even know what to say after that...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2012, 12:38 AM) *
Ya know?! I didn't even know what to say after that...

Me and you both. Then he goes for the trifecta and grabs his ass, wtf ? Lol. This was a weird episode all around
Hotsauce
im not watching no more 24/7. smh
neophyte7
LMAO.... there was talk of Floyd being Homo.. but damned... I didn't see the 24/7 mentioned above and thanks to those comments above I will take a pass...
Cshel86
I was a bit plastered last night. so I'll have to watch it again.

Im still tripping on the fact that Bryan got gastric bypass surgery. Really?! I could tell that he lost some weight, but it looks awful because his head is still big as if he weighed 400+ pounds.

I mean seriously man, he's been around Miguel forever, no reason for him to get that surgery. He can run and do the same shit as Miguel when he trains, and lose weight that way. I see that he was running with Cotto on this episode though. Just my opinion though...

sduck
Watched 2nd episode... Mad homo, Cotto didn't slap his friend's ass he grabbed that shit!! And Ms Jackson and Floyd's relationship looks so fake to me. Either they're really against public affection, or she's just fake, in it for somethin else.
neophyte7
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 24 2012, 01:49 AM) *
Watched 2nd episode... Mad homo, Cotto didn't slap his friend's ass he grabbed that shit!! And Ms Jackson and Floyd's relationship looks so fake to me. Either they're really against public affection, or she's just fake, in it for somethin else.

LMAO.... COTTO grabbing ass-- maybe ms jackson is not good in front of the camera..I mean she has been thrust into the limelight after being pretty much before Floyd an uknown beautiful piece of flesh!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 24 2012, 05:23 PM) *
maybe ms jackson is not good in front of the camera..

Pleeeease! She's a model for God's sake and has been damn near nude is some of her shots...I doubt that she's not good in front of the cameras.
sduck
Lol she even promoted her movie on the Live Stream. I'm telling you she in it for something else. She only with Floyd because he's a star with money. But damn she look like a goddess, I can't blame him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 24 2012, 08:30 PM) *
Lol she even promoted her movie on the Live Stream. I'm telling you she in it for something else.

She was asked about her career...probably one of the best questions from that bimbo of a reporter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.