Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Losses that are hard to watch...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Gambit808
Man there's so many that i can name but for 1 that stands out to me, no matter how much time i watch it is Roy Jones vs. Antonio Tarver 2... I don't know whats worst actually seeing 1 of the greatest being knocked out or hearing the joy in larry merchant's quote by saying "Roy is out, and Roy may be out of boxing"... Truth hurts (smh) and in case your wondering, yup just got done watching that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHiEI74-lpA
Cshel86
I hope I dont lose my man card for this, but as long as I've been watching contact sports, Miguel Cotto is the only fighter that has the ability to make me feel bad for him when he loses a fight. He just goes out on his shield, regardless of how bad he's getting beat.

His first fight against Margarito still messes with me from time to time, then to actually know what Margarito was possibly doing makes it worse. That beating that he took against Manny wasn't as bad, but damn.

The last two beatings that Morales took against Pacquiao are hard to watch 6 out of 7 days of the week. As for Larry Merchant...Im just used to seeing him on HBO, thats why I dont mind watching him commentate, but Im honestly waiting for his memorial 10-count.
mitukczuk
I got you, C'. And I agree. Miguel Cotto's face when hes getting beat up is not only bloody and messy, but kind of sad as well. Maybe it's the Porto Rican pride in him, that is hard to watch when it's getting tossed around. I wish him all the best, really.....sadly, I can't see him victorious in his next fight though.

Jones/Tarver does it for me more than the other two fights. No KO, but you just can see it's not there anymore in Roy. Seeing such an athlete and performer getting pushed around like a leaf by a fighter few levels below his, is painful. Second fight is terrifying, but Roy should have seen it coming...you simply can't play with your weight like that...
Thickback
Roy/Tarver II and Tyson/Douglas. I refuse to watch those fights.
flazi
trinidad loses were hard for me. he never gave up.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Man there's so many that i can name but for 1 that stands out to me, no matter how much time i watch it is Roy Jones vs. Antonio Tarver 2... I don't know whats worst actually seeing 1 of the greatest being knocked out or hearing the joy in larry merchant's quote by saying "Roy is out, and Roy may be out of boxing"... Truth hurts (smh) and in case your wondering, yup just got done watching that fight.

This was it for me. No other fight (even Roy's other losses) were worse imo.

Yes, I understood this entire muscle mass loss deal in their first fight..I get it...I've been there..but in this fight i felt he had ample time for his body to adjust. I was actually about to bet $500 on him ( I was at a house party and everybody knew he was my guy and this loudmouth drunk was talking shit) Roy was getting his groove on and I was like this will be a complete shutout..............then BOOM....even the Roy haters were like "Did he slip, WTF?".....as soon as I saw him stumble to his feet, I couldn't believe it.

I went from tipsy to complete sober just that quick. My wife told me later she never saw me so sad. LOL. I didn't say a word on the way home.
Kratza
In a way, watching Margarito lose to pac and cotto was kinda sad, he never gave up and would rather die than lose as he said in the face off. Even if he cheated, i think hes still a good boxer and has true heart and an iron chin
mgrover
ali vs berbick

and for some reason Prescott vs Alvarado
pimpfighterROQ
Trinidad vs Vargas. He didn't need to fight him that soon. Poor guy was never the same.
mrchitown
All of Tyson's loses were hard for me to watch but the one that is the toughest for me was his loss against Lewis. He was and always will be my favorite fighter. Good or bad I always respected the things he did in and outside of the ring. The people I admired the most coming up was 2pac and Tyson. Given the incident that happened between Lewis and Tyson, and the remarks being made about Mike by some fans and the media, I really wanted him to get the win.

I didn't order the fight, so ESPN was how I found out how it played out. And after I saw his post fight interview, I knew he would never challenge for a title again, I just knew that it was all over for him as far as boxing. I didn't say much that night my girlfriend at that time tried to cheer me up but I didn't want to be bothered. It was a sad moment and a sobering moment as well
mrwigi
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 15 2012, 07:39 PM) *
Trinidad vs Vargas. He didn't need to fight him that soon. Poor guy was never the same.

I agree. And the low blows sure didnt help either
Franchize
Ali losing to Holmes was sad. Holmes losing to Tyson was sad. Even though I never liked Holyfield and I used to be a big James toney fan, watching toney beat up Holyfield was kinda sad too. Tyson losing to that big white guy (can't even remember his name) was sad... especially the post fight interview where he admitted he didn't even want to fight and he was doing it to get himself out of debt. I think the saddest fight I've ever watched most recently was when Gatti got beat by Gomez. Arturo was never the most skilled fighter but he had the heart to keep him in most fights. Gomez wasn't even that skilled and he completely embarassed Gatti. Beat him bad and Gatti just looked helpless.
wolterb
Mike Alvarado v. Bredis Prescott . Both guys fought their hearts out and it didn't matter who came out the victor, each guy deserved it.
mgrover
QUOTE (wolterb @ Apr 16 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Mike Alvarado v. Bredis Prescott . Both guys fought their hearts out and it didn't matter who came out the victor, each guy deserved it.

seemed to me prescott dominated and then gassed
Cshel86
Anybody find it hard to watch Judah get dismantled by Cotto? That shit went from bad to worse...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 15 2012, 11:43 AM) *

+1. Since I watched it live, I NEVER have watched it again. To be honest, short of someone putting a gun to my family's or my head, I can't think of a scenario that will make me view it again.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 01:39 PM) *
Anybody find it hard to watch Judah get dismantled by Cotto? That shit went from bad to worse...

I find it hard, for the ONLY reason I look at Cotto "sideways". Zab had Cotto on "roller skates" a bit and Miguel resorted to the "Tito tactic". While I give Cotto (some) credit for winning that fight, I know that he opted to use a cheap tactic to control Zab. Anyone who knows the how quickly the game changes, should your nuts get clanged like wind chimes....and make no mistake about it: those shots found their intended destination
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 16 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I find it hard, for the ONLY reason I look at Cotto "sideways". Zab had Cotto on "roller skates" a bit and Miguel resorted to the "Tito tactic". While I give Cotto (some) credit for winning that fight, I know that he opted to use a cheap tactic to control Zab. Anyone who knows the how quickly the game changes, should your nuts get clanged like wind chimes....and make no mistake about it: those shots found their intended destination

Yeah we can never rule out the low blows. Honestly, low blows weren't Judah's primary issue that night. Karma was is the building with a purpose, and that purpose was served.

The same way Cotto went low when he got in trouble (as Tito used to do laugh.gif), Zab did the same thing to Floyd in his prior bout when he was getting his jenga blocks pulled.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 16 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Yeah we can never rule out the low blows. Honestly, low blows weren't Judah's primary issue that night. Karma was is the building with a purpose, and that purpose was served.

The same way Cotto went low when he got in trouble (as Tito used to do laugh.gif), Zab did the same thing to Floyd in his prior bout when he was getting his jenga blocks pulled.

True Story...karma like a MF!!!!
jvo1800
Jones Jr. losing to Tarver was the worst thing in sports history
jvo1800
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 16 2012, 05:30 PM) *

damn u got my fav boxer and rapper all on the same page......u must be a pretty cool dude
Sunni6Killer
Kostya vs Vince Phillips.
Junior Jones vs Mckinney.
E.C.LEGEND
I refuse to Watch Jones vs Cal. I made up to the 4th round and changed the channel.
Cshel86
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 10:17 AM) *
I refuse to Watch Jones vs Cal. I made up to the 4th round and changed the channel.

Was it sad, or did it just piss you off? I choose the latter...
sduck
Pacquiao vs Hatton. Seeing Hatton gape like a fish is always hard to watch.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 09:42 AM) *
Was it sad, or did it just piss you off? I choose the latter...

Both! I was more sad than mad. I couldn't watch my favorite fighter get thrashed. I also felt bad for Gatti in the Mayweather and Baldomir fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 10:52 AM) *
Both! I was more sad than mad. I couldn't watch my favorite fighter get thrashed. I also felt bad for Gatti in the Mayweather and Baldomir fights.

I was more pissed than anything, because I felt that he could've done more. He didn't take that cut very well though. As for Gatti...I only felt bad for him in the Baldomir fight.

The Mayweather fight was an obvious style matchup nightmare for Arturo. In the Baldomir fight, it went from bad to worse, especially after Carlos was able to take his punch, then he hurt his hand no2.gif...
Franchize
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 10:52 AM) *

I felt the same way. I was in this pub in Manhattan watching it with my boy. Everyone wanted Calzaghe to win. It was sad because you could tell Roy was far more skilled than Calzaghe but he just couldn't take a punch anymore. He was punch drunk. He couldn't let his hands go because he was too scared to get hit. It didn't even have to be a power punch. Jabs stunned Jones at that point in his career.

I also felt bad for Gatti vs Mayweather. But I also LOVED that fight. It was one of, if not THE most billiant display of techinical boxing and ring generalship I've ever seen. I felt bad for Gatti though. He was a warrior but, as Roy Jones said, at no point in his career should he have been put in the ring with Floyd. It was embarassing because Floyd beat him up in front of a HUGE pro-Gatti crowd in Atlantic City. It was embarassing from the moment he left the dressing room. Anyone remember him getting scared by the pyrotechnics? lmao Then, watching Buddy McGirt hug him and tell him he has to stop the fight was gutwrenching because you know Gatti isn't a quitter. The worst image of that night was watching Buddy try and pull out the mouthpiece that was stuck in Gatti's mouth because it was so swollen.
Cshel86
I think I was more pissed at Roy, because he made Calzaghe look good that night. Those slapping punches by joe, and Roy's inability or unwillingness to fire back was more annoying than anything.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 10:05 AM) *
I was more pissed than anything, because I felt that he could've done more. He didn't take that cut very well though. As for Gatti...I only felt bad for him in the Baldomir fight.

The Mayweather fight was an obvious style matchup nightmare for Arturo. In the Baldomir fight, it went from bad to worse, especially after Carlos was able to take his punch, then he hurt his hand no2.gif...

When Cal started putting his head in Jones guard, that was it. I thought I was watching Doomsday kill Superman. Gatti was the modern day Rocky so I always hoped he won his fights.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 17 2012, 10:43 AM) *
I felt the same way. I was in this pub in Manhattan watching it with my boy. Everyone wanted Calzaghe to win. It was sad because you could tell Roy was far more skilled than Calzaghe but he just couldn't take a punch anymore. He was punch drunk. He couldn't let his hands go because he was too scared to get hit. It didn't even have to be a power punch. Jabs stunned Jones at that point in his career.

I also felt bad for Gatti vs Mayweather. But I also LOVED that fight. It was one of, if not THE most billiant display of techinical boxing and ring generalship I've ever seen. I felt bad for Gatti though. He was a warrior but, as Roy Jones said, at no point in his career should he have been put in the ring with Floyd. It was embarassing because Floyd beat him up in front of a HUGE pro-Gatti crowd in Atlantic City. It was embarassing from the moment he left the dressing room. Anyone remember him getting scared by the pyrotechnics? lmao Then, watching Buddy McGirt hug him and tell him he has to stop the fight was gutwrenching because you know Gatti isn't a quitter. The worst image of that night was watching Buddy try and pull out the mouthpiece that was stuck in Gatti's mouth because it was so swollen.

I never want to see the hometown hero destroyed in front of his fans like that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Apr 17 2012, 12:38 PM) *
I thought I was watching Doomsday kill Superman.

God, how tragic that was. Seeing Superman killed as a kid, was worse than finding out that Santa wasn't real.
daprofessor
there are soo many for me....

duran/leonard 2 (seeing duran quit...and leonard celebrate when he really didn't do shit to make him quit)

douglas/tyson (i had mixed feelings on this one. i idolized tyson back then...but i was happy for buster after watching his story)

duran/hearns (just hard to watch a legend get ko'd like that)

holmes/tyson (passing of the torch...a new era...i grew up watching holmes do his thing)

holmes/ali (same deal...passing of the torch..)

trinidad/hopkins (hard to watch because he just kept doing the same shit over and over and over...)

gatti/mayweather (i knew what was coming...but actually seeing it happen, i felt really bad for arturo.)

mayweather/corrales (did not expect this one sided beat down..and like trinidad...diego just kept doing the same shit)

margarito/cotto (i said before that fight that it would be the kind of fight that neither guy would recover from)

vasquez/marquez (all of them....very little defense...neither guy was ever the same)

gatti/ward (all of them...same as vasquez/marquez)

flazi
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 04:22 PM) *

damn as a young panamanian kid, that was really tough for me. I think i might have cried. the ko was brutal. Buster and Tyson was also difficult for me. Another night i cried, i can't even believe but i thought buster cheated and the ref cheated lol. Sugar Ray Norris. damn sugar was my favorite back then and even now i am just starting to see every single facet in his game.
The vazquez marquez was tough after the 2nd one. It was just wrong for them to have a 3rd or 4th. They left it all in the ring and neither are the same. Vazquez much worse. One of my current favorite cause he brought it ever night.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 17 2012, 05:31 PM) *
damn as a young panamanian kid, that was really tough for me. I think i might have cried. the ko was brutal. Buster and Tyson was also difficult for me. Another night i cried, i can't even believe but i thought buster cheated and the ref cheated lol. Sugar Ray Norris. damn sugar was my favorite back then and even now i am just starting to see every single facet in his game.
The vazquez marquez was tough after the 2nd one. It was just wrong for them to have a 3rd or 4th. They left it all in the ring and neither are the same. Vazquez much worse. One of my current favorite cause he brought it ever night.

duran is my all time favorite fighter behind srr. i idolized him as a kid. i watched all his fights and tried to emulate his style. great fighter.

i liked ray prior to the duran fight...but i viewed him as a fighter who had the way paved for him. sure he had talent...but i found myself rooting against him more than anything...so when he lost to norris...i really didn't care. when he got ktfo'd by camacho, i laughed. i know it's wrong....but camacho pulled a leonard on leonard imo. he had that coming.

vasquez definitely brought it. i used to watch him train at the wildcard. he doesn't even look the same anymore and his speech is pretty bad. i pray for the dude. like most fighters....he gave more than he received that's for sure.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 15 2012, 12:43 PM) *

I bet Larry Merchant gets on his knees every night and pray for the opportunity to be around long enough to say that 'bout Floyd. If that ever happened, he'd probably nut all over himself.

QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 15 2012, 02:28 PM) *

Tyson-Douglas was a tough pill to swallow.

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 15 2012, 04:03 PM) *
This was it for me. No other fight (even Roy's other losses) were worse imo.

Yes, I understood this entire muscle mass loss deal in their first fight..I get it...I've been there..but in this fight i felt he had ample time for his body to adjust. I was actually about to bet $500 on him ( I was at a house party and everybody knew he was my guy and this loudmouth drunk was talking shit) Roy was getting his groove on and I was like this will be a complete shutout..............then BOOM....even the Roy haters were like "Did he slip, WTF?".....as soon as I saw him stumble to his feet, I couldn't believe it.

I went from tipsy to complete sober just that quick. My wife told me later she never saw me so sad. LOL. I didn't say a word on the way home.

Had you made that $500 bet, the loud-mouth drunk would've been talkin' a lot more shit after the fight was over. Y'all probably would've come to blows behind that shit laugh.gif. You know it's bad when the trip home is silent laugh.gif.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 15 2012, 11:39 PM) *
All of Tyson's loses were hard for me to watch but the one that is the toughest for me was his loss against Lewis. He was and always will be my favorite fighter. Good or bad I always respected the things he did in and outside of the ring. The people I admired the most coming up was 2pac and Tyson. Given the incident that happened between Lewis and Tyson, and the remarks being made about Mike by some fans and the media, I really wanted him to get the win.

I didn't order the fight, so ESPN was how I found out how it played out. And after I saw his post fight interview, I knew he would never challenge for a title again, I just knew that it was all over for him as far as boxing. I didn't say much that night my girlfriend at that time tried to cheer me up but I didn't want to be bothered. It was a sad moment and a sobering moment as well

Man, it's funny how we get so emotional over our idols' mishaps. I know for a fact Mosley almost made my heart stop (TWICE!!!) in round 2 of his fight against Mayweather.

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 16 2012, 06:32 PM) *
Jones Jr. losing to Tarver was the worst thing in sports history

"You got any excuses tonight, Roy?" Damn! That fight had history/classic written all over it from the get-go.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 05:22 PM) *
there are soo many for me....

duran/leonard 2 (seeing duran quit...and leonard celebrate when he really didn't do shit to make him quit)

douglas/tyson (i had mixed feelings on this one. i idolized tyson back then...but i was happy for buster after watching his story)

holmes/tyson (passing of the torch...a new era...i grew up watching holmes do his thing)

holmes/ali (same deal...passing of the torch..)

trinidad/hopkins (hard to watch because he just kept doing the same shit over and over and over...)

gatti/mayweather (i knew what was coming...but actually seeing it happen, i felt really bad for arturo.)

mayweather/corrales (did not expect this one sided beat down..and like trinidad...diego just kept doing the same shit)

margarito/cotto (i said before that fight that it would be the kind of fight that neither guy would recover from)

vasquez/marquez (all of them....very little defense...neither guy was ever the same)

gatti/ward (all of them...same as vasquez/marquez)

Man, I'm pro-Mayweather, but even I felt bad for Gatti. That fight was downright brutal.
flazi
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 05:38 PM) *
duran is my all time favorite fighter behind srr. i idolized him as a kid. i watched all his fights and tried to emulate his style. great fighter.

i liked ray prior to the duran fight...but i viewed him as a fighter who had the way paved for him. sure he had talent...but i found myself rooting against him more than anything...so when he lost to norris...i really didn't care. when he got ktfo'd by camacho, i laughed. i know it's wrong....but camacho pulled a leonard on leonard imo. he had that coming.

vasquez definitely brought it. i used to watch him train at the wildcard. he doesn't even look the same anymore and his speech is pretty bad. i pray for the dude. like most fighters....he gave more than he received that's for sure.

I pray for vazquez too. I saw him at a fight a year ago. His eye was still swolen. We loved us some Duran in our house since my dad knew him but my dad always want me to fight like Eusebio Pedroza. When i was growing up i used to go to the broadway boxing gym and train as a kid lol. I continued the tradition with my boy but since i moved a bit further i haven't made it back. You in Cali too i see. I was going to join wildcard but something about it i didn't like, i think it was the parking.
Slumpage
I still don't like watching the way Cotto got bricked to bits in the first fight with Marg. Used to be a huge Cotto fan, still am, an that shit was upsetting to see. Not just the state of his face, which made me an all my boys recoil when they finally showed a close up shot. The way he had to jus retreat to the opposite corner, take a knee an quit. You could literally see him disintigrate mentally...

Was extremely pleased when Shane put that whoopin on Marg...

That said, I think this fight with Floyd may have Cotto getting a supreme ass whopping again, luckily Floyd makes it look so good it won't be as hard to watch. I mean Gatti got destroyed, but I found myself marvelling at Floyd's technique more than the damage being done. Whereas Cotto vs Marg was jus a straight ghetto beat down...
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 17 2012, 07:26 PM) *
I pray for vazquez too. I saw him at a fight a year ago. His eye was still swolen. We loved us some Duran in our house since my dad knew him but my dad always want me to fight like Eusebio Pedroza. When i was growing up i used to go to the broadway boxing gym and train as a kid lol. I continued the tradition with my boy but since i moved a bit further i haven't made it back. You in Cali too i see. I was going to join wildcard but something about it i didn't like, i think it was the parking.

vasquez looks like a totally different person. it's kind of sad. pedroza wasn't a bad guy to emulate either! broadway is a solid gym. i know them guys there. i take my guys to spar there occasionally. the wildcard is not what it used to be. i've worked out of there on and off since i moved out here in '02. it's hit or miss with the trainers and the place is pretty small so it's always hard to find parking...and most of the time u have to wait on a bag. there are a bunch of good guys there and once u get to know everyone...it's a pretty cool place.
sduck
I'm surprised no one agreed with me on Pacquiao vs Hatton. No love for Hatton lol?
Franchize
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 18 2012, 01:33 PM) *
I'm surprised no one agreed with me on Pacquiao vs Hatton. No love for Hatton lol?

If Hatton was on top of his game...YES. But he got schooled the fight before that. I also didn't like how disrespectful he was to Floyd Sr. I know he was stuck in his ways and Hatton isn't a pure boxer, but if you're going to employ the man, at least try some of his tactics. He took you through an entire training camp and showed you defense. Hatton didn't even know how to hit the pads. Then, you get to the fight, and Hatton through out EVERYTHING Sr had taught him within 1 round. After the fight, once his career was done, he tried to bad mouth Floyd Sr. Like it was Floyd's fault he ran in there, guns blazing,with no defense and Manny knocked him the fuck out.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 18 2012, 02:16 PM) *
If Hatton was on top of his game...YES. But he got schooled the fight before that. I also didn't like how disrespectful he was to Floyd Sr. I know he was stuck in his ways and Hatton isn't a pure boxer, but if you're going to employ the man, at least try some of his tactics. He took you through an entire training camp and showed you defense. Hatton didn't even know how to hit the pads. Then, you get to the fight, and Hatton through out EVERYTHING Sr had taught him within 1 round. After the fight, once his career was done, he tried to bad mouth Floyd Sr. Like it was Floyd's fault he ran in there, guns blazing,with no defense and Manny knocked him the fuck out.

totally agree.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Apr 18 2012, 08:19 AM) *
I still don't like watching the way Cotto got bricked to bits in the first fight with Marg. Used to be a huge Cotto fan, still am, an that shit was upsetting to see. Not just the state of his face, which made me an all my boys recoil when they finally showed a close up shot. The way he had to jus retreat to the opposite corner, take a knee an quit. You could literally see him disintigrate mentally...

Was extremely pleased when Shane put that whoopin on Marg...

That said, I think this fight with Floyd may have Cotto getting a supreme ass whopping again, luckily Floyd makes it look so good it won't be as hard to watch. I mean Gatti got destroyed, but I found myself marvelling at Floyd's technique more than the damage being done. Whereas Cotto vs Marg was jus a straight ghetto beat down...

Man, this is all that needs to be said 'bout those fights. I felt the same.
Franchize
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 18 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Man, this is all that needs to be said 'bout those fights. I felt the same.

Ditto. It wasn't Cotto's physical state that was so sad. He looked broken and exhausted mentally. It was his 1st loss but he looked like he may retire after that.

I feel the same way about Floyd vs Gatti. Part of me wanted them to stop it way earlier because Gatti was taking a beating and there was no way he was goin to win. The other part of me was just captivated by the brilliant display of boxing. It was text book.

Just to add on to the OP, I thought watching Corrales lose to Floyd was a little sad. He was undefeated (if I'm not mistaken) and actually the favorite by many to win. He got embarassed and he fueded with his dad afterwards. He was talking retirement and he had tears in his eyes. One thing I'm going to really miss about Chico. Almost all of his fights, win or lose, were filled with passion and emotion. He put his heart in to the sport.
pesticid

Ok, I don't remember Hatton saying anything disrespectful. I remember hearing that Floyd Sr was always late for the training sessions. And after the fight, while Hatton was unconscious Sr was laughing and chatting with friends while walking out of the arena by himself. That was DISRESPECT. FLoyd SR is a punk, no class punk.
pesticid
To me it was Margarito after the Pacquio fight, that was brutal!
Extant
QUOTE (Thickback @ Apr 15 2012, 11:28 AM) *

I second that motion as you've just said it for me. Just looking at those fights posted rubs me the wrong way.
Extant
To this day I can't bare to rewatch the Tyson/Douglas fight.

But with Sup (That's what I call him), I sometimes find myself rewatching that 2nd fight with Tarver and actually hoping for a different outcome. I went through the FOUR stages of grief with that fight.

1. Denial: When Sup slumped back like he did after that "lucky lick", I didn't even flinch. I actually tricked my brain into believing that the knockdown didn't happen.

2. Anger: Immediately, I viewed Tarver as the typical tattle-telling cousin from the suburbs who "snucked" me and then ran and snitched. (He didn't even see the ko punch he threw with his eyes closed as he was clearly losing the fight)

3. Barganing: "Please god... Tell me this isn't happening!!!"

4. Depression: You could literally tell who all the RJJ fans were by the body language and the look on the faces at work the following monday.
sduck

Well I don't fully look at it that way. Just seeing someone you know get knocked the f out, out of no where is hard enough. Roy Jones, Paul Williams, Ricky Hatton... Those built up knock-outs aren't as difficult to me, because you usually see them coming.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Extant @ Apr 19 2012, 12:58 PM) *
To this day I can't bare to rewatch the Tyson/Douglas fight.

But with Sup (That's what I call him), I sometimes find myself rewatching that 2nd fight with Tarver and actually hoping for a different outcome. I went through the FOUR stages of grief with that fight.

1. Denial: When Sup slumped back like he did after that "lucky lick", I didn't even flinch. I actually tricked my brain into believing that the knockdown didn't happen.

2. Anger: Immediately, I viewed Tarver as the typical tattle-telling cousin from the suburbs who "snucked" me and then ran and snitched. (He didn't even see the ko punch he threw with his eyes closed as he was clearly losing the fight)

3. Barganing: "Please god... Tell me this isn't happening!!!"

4. Depression: You could literally tell who all the RJJ fans were by the body language and the look on the faces at work the following monday.

laugh.gif

Good shit! I like how you broke down the 4 stages. Thats the feeling most fans get during an upset. #2 had me rollin'..."tattle-telling" cousin from the suburbs. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.