Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing or UFC this weekend? Jones vs Evans or Mares vs Morel???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Quick question...which fight is gonna trump the other this weekend (in your book)? Will you be ordering/streaming UFC 145 and DVR'ing Mares/Morel? Maybe Im just that big a fight fan, but Im definitely ordering the UFC card.

The Jones/Evans fight is actually here (Atlanta), but the low priced tickets didn't last long. Now all I see is $430 (been like that for a while), and above...not happening. Im going to make my way to the weigh-in on Friday and see if they're giving away free tickets, or selling the remainder of them at a low price.

Again...for you this weekend, which is 1A and 1B on your list...UFC or boxing?
Cheesey1
CShel, my brother, I normally never comment on these boxing vs. MMA things and I'm glad that boxing trainers are being hired by MMA fighters and the ongoing overlap between the two, plus I'm not trying to be a douche (which is hard for me) but are you serious.....?
My mind can't even fathom/comprehend/compute/process/grasp/entertain/envision watching MMA over boxing.
Hotsauce
ufc 145>>>>
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 17 2012, 12:42 AM) *
CShel, my brother, I normally never comment on these boxing vs. MMA things and I'm glad that boxing trainers are being hired by MMA fighters and the ongoing overlap between the two, plus I'm not trying to be a douche (which is hard for me) but are you serious.....?
My mind can't even fathom/comprehend/compute/process/grasp/entertain/envision watching MMA over boxing.

I normally dont choose MMA over boxing, but ay man, Rashad Evans is one of the many guys in the UFC that I will watch any day of the week. This Jon Jones fight has been building for a while, and I definitely ready to see it.

Now, if it was a huge boxing PPV this weekend at the same time as this UFC card, then I'll truly be torn. Mares is a good fighter, and I've never seen Morel fight before (possibly by accident), so they'll get the DVR treatment this weekend. laugh.gif
Franchize
Not a fan of MMA at all but this might be the 1st MMA fight I pay to watch. The only reason I might miss it is because I'm taking my old lady out for our anniversary. (Berto vs Ortiz was on our wedding night =/) I have to admit, the MMA card is better.
Sunni6Killer
laugh.gif ufc , didn't realize that garbage is still around.
All about Boxing this weekend.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 17 2012, 09:59 AM) *
(Berto vs Ortiz was on our wedding night =/)

Ha! Take her to the rematch and tell her, "baby, this was a historic fight that took place on our happy union". Nothing wrong with trying dntknw.gif
daprofessor
never heard of or saw the ufc guys and i have absolutely zero interest in the sport.

mares/morel is a showcase bout...i'll be rooting for an upset because morel is a homie.

i still think it's corny that a boxing website covers mma...but that's just me.
pesticid
I want to see the Rashad fight but I can't stand MMA fans , I really can't. The bar where I go to watch fights, they are not going to have Mares. I don't know. I won't pay though but if I am not seeing a girl I might go to see it.
Cshel86
UFC > Boxing...this weekend.
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2012, 06:59 PM) *

I like Rashad and I want him to win. I dislike Bones but I think his skills on a Fedor level and he is too big and too far in the learning curve for anybody to give him a challenge. I hope Rashad coudl take him down and ground and pound him, I hope.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 18 2012, 07:07 PM) *
I like Rashad and I want him to win. I dislike Bones but I think his skills on a Fedor level and he is too big and too far in the learning curve for anybody to give him a challenge. I hope Rashad coudl take him down and ground and pound him, I hope.

I agree, he's a more skilled version of Phil Davis, so we'll see what happens. I wish I knew a little more about Morel, if so, then I would've been a bit more pumped about the Mares fight on Showtime.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2012, 06:59 PM) *

ohmy.gif blasphemy!!!! mad.gif
HaydelHammer
I've never been a fan of UFC's wwe format which is basically feed the public with quantity while HOPING for quality...it's a great business model though b/c majority of their fans are not fight purist anyway.

Jones vs Evans will be a complete snooze fest. Only UFC fight i'm remotely interested in viewing is Sonnen vs Silva II in Brazil. The stream will be in full effect.
haqtiq
As I usually do on fight weekend, I watch the UFC live while DVR'ing, or downloading every boxing event I missed. It's just the way I do things so I don't ever end up missing a good fight, or upset.
Cshel86
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 18 2012, 08:27 PM) *
As I usually do on fight weekend, I watch the UFC live while DVR'ing, or downloading every boxing event I missed. It's just the way I do things so I don't ever end up missing a good fight, or upset.

I dont like to miss ANY action! So yes, Mares will get the DVR treatment this Saturday. I've downloaded many bouts, and now Im able to rip them from my DVR and save them on my computer in HD!
thehype
Gotta go with Jones vs. 'Shad and DVR Mares/Morel...one of the few times that I would actually pick a UFC card over any boxing, but I've been waiting a long time for this one and the bad blood between those guys makes it worth it in my opinion.

But no...MMA (note, the sport is MMA while UFC is simply an org) is NOT > boxing...not even close.
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 19 2012, 03:32 PM) *
Gotta go with Jones vs. 'Shad and DVR Mares/Morel...one of the few times that I would actually pick a UFC card over any boxing, but I've been waiting a long time for this one and the bad blood between those guys makes it worth it in my opinion.

But no...MMA (note, the sport is MMA while UFC is simply an org) is NOT > boxing...not even close.

Yes, the backstory with this fight, makes it that much more interesting, on top of the fact that I watched both of their previous fights. You can tell how much I actually watch it, as evidenced by the fact that I called it UFC, rather than MMA. laugh.gif
Run and Gun Game Calls
Ill be watching the Jones v/s Evans fight, Guess that doesnt make me a purist, lol since i watch and appriciate both sports. Guess I missed out on that snobby gene that says you have to choose one or the other
Run and Gun Game Calls
inbox any streams plz to the ufc card
Cshel86
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Apr 21 2012, 08:42 PM) *
inbox any streams plz to the ufc card

Give me a sec...
Thegreatequalizer
i like boxing over mma this weekend, but that doesn't mean i'm not interested in a stream if anyone's got one
Run and Gun Game Calls
Anyone who watched the UFC card has to be pleased, vicious Ko's of established fighters. Beautiful night for the sport
daprofessor
the mares/morel fight was pretty good. i think a prime morel would have whooped mares. the young gun had too much for him. mares isn't all that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.