Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revisiting JCC vs. Kostya Tzyu
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mitukczuk
So I just finished watching this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpnqT-tIQQ...32dFAAAAAAAAXAA
In case you are interested.

I hadn't had much knowledge about Tzyu, so I went for one of his most memorable fights. Conquering of an old legend.

It was a very dirty fight and although most of the low-blows and dirty tactics were JCC's fault, Tzyu had some pushes and elbows on his account as well.
The killer right hand with which Tzyu knocked Julio down was a BOMB and I see why Zab Judah went all stanky-leg after being hit with it. (Still one of the funniest scenes in boxing imo) I noticed that Tzyu is getting hit a lot and if I should compare him to a fighter from the current era, I'd go with Nonito Donaire. They have similar stance, both are getting hit a lot and both are tremendous punchers.

Anyways, I'd like to know what is the general opinion on Tzyu? Undisputed champ, former P4P...any other fights one should look for ?
Genius
Dude Chavez was shot as hell lol..
Genius
Oh and Kosta was good fighter not great. You take his shots and crowd him and he loses...very hittable mofo too...but decent chin. His 2 most entertaining bouts are with Phillips were he lost and Hurtado.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Genius @ Apr 17 2012, 05:39 AM) *
Dude Chavez was shot as hell lol..

That's why there is 'old legend'. ;-)
Cshel86
Tszyu did what he had to do in that fight. Thats how upcoming fighters make a name for themselves...by fighting legends, or guys with names who are on their way out of the sport.

As Genius mentioned, Chavez was shot and he had well over 100 bouts. I saw Chavez clinching more than a few times in that fight, which was very telling. I would have to say that the Phillips fight was one of Tszyu's better fights and the fact that he knocked Judah out, which was his only loss at 140 before moving up the 47.

Sometimes folks give guys too much credit for beating beating legends, i.e. Oscar's "victory" over Chavez and also his "victory" over Whitaker. laugh.gif
Genius
So Camachos wins over Duran and Leonard don't count? haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.