Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO Classics: Cotto vs Mosley and Mayweather vs Corrales
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
While watching the Macklin/Martinez card end, Lampley mentioned that HBO will have a voting poll for fans to vote for the Cotto vs Mayweather HBO Classics bouts. He said that HBO would announce the fights that fans voted for, during the Morales/Garcia fight, but I dont remember them mentioning the winners.'

With that said, I checked the upcoming schedule, and it appears that they will be airing the Cotto vs Mosley (2007) bout in favor of Miguel, and they'll be airing the Mayweather vs Corrales (2001) bout in favor of Floyd.

This should take place on the week of the fight, but I have to check my DirecTV guide when I get home, since I saw that Mayweather/Corrales was airing at 3:30AM on the week of the fight.

Anyway, if you would, let's discuss the Cotto vs Mosley fight, since Mayweather has been done to death as of late. Will the 8 oz gloves favor Cotto more? What did he appear to learn to from the Mosley fight? Was it his toughest at WW?

Go for it...
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 17 2012, 01:36 PM) *
While watching the Macklin/Martinez card end, Lampley mentioned that HBO will have a voting poll for fans to vote for the Cotto vs Mayweather HBO Classics bouts. He said that HBO would announce the fights that fans voted for, during the Morales/Garcia fight, but I dont remember them mentioning the winners.'

With that said, I checked the upcoming schedule, and it appears that they will be airing the Cotto vs Mosley (2007) bout in favor of Miguel, and they'll be airing the Mayweather vs Corrales (2001) bout in favor of Floyd.

This should take place on the week of the fight, but I have to check my DirecTV guide when I get home, since I saw that Mayweather/Corrales was airing at 3:30AM on the week of the fight.

Anyway, if you would, let's discuss the Cotto vs Mosley fight, since Mayweather has been done to death as of late. Will the 8 oz gloves favor Cotto more? What did he appear to learn to from the Mosley fight? Was it his toughest at WW?

Go for it...

Toughest victory I would say Clottey but I thought it was a draw or Clottey win cause Clottey tore his face. But he got bead down bad by Pacman and Margarito so I don't know.
neophyte7
This was a draw at best. Cotto was able to time mosley with right hands... Shane always has been hittable with the right hand (Vernon Forrest showed that) Mosely though had Cotto in retreat mode late in that bout ... I thought it was a draw at best.
pesticid
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:29 PM) *
This was a draw at best. Cotto was able to time mosley with right hands... Shane always has been hittable with the right hand (Vernon Forrest showed that) Mosely though had Cotto in retreat mode late in that bout ... I thought it was a draw at best.

I thought he won it by a couple of rounds
daprofessor
a closer look will show u that mosley did nothing to force cotto to box in the end of the fight. imo, cotto made the decision to box when he realized he wasn't going to ko mosley. even though cotto was giving shane movement...shane did nothing to take over the fight. he simply followed cotto around and got out boxed. what lost that fight for mosley was his strategy. taking the fight to cotto played directly in to cotto's hands because shane didn't have a jab. he'd force the exchanges and cotto always seemed to get the best of him because he was throwing the more technically sound punches and shane offered very little head movement to prevent that.
BoxingEinstein

It was a draw to me and I wished they had a rematch. Cotto backed up most of the fight till he figured that he can outbox Mosley with his strong legs and straight rights. Mosley tried too hard to KO Cotto and I was a bit surprised that Cotto didn't go down once in that fight since Mosley landed a couple of bombs. Very close and action oriented fight.
checkleft
Boy what a fight, one of my favorites. Some shades of mosley dlh in those exchanges, but I had cotto winning by unam closely by two rounds and I might have been generous a round or two towards mosley. Gotta love a night of boxing like that though.
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 17 2012, 07:04 PM) *
It was a draw to me and I wished they had a rematch. Cotto backed up most of the fight till he figured that he can outbox Mosley with his strong legs and straight rights. Mosley tried too hard to KO Cotto and I was a bit surprised that Cotto didn't go down once in that fight since Mosley landed a couple of bombs. Very close and action oriented fight.

I agree mosley landed some atomic shots. But they both landed some sleepers, I remember being able to hear their shots landing vividly when they exchanged. Like I said great fight
bnoles4life
Personally, I thought Shane lost that fight. He had opportunities, but couldn't capitalize. Even if he had samurai sword, he couldn't have cut the ring off....he just followed Cotto, who was boxing on fumes.
Franchize
I just remember the announcers being on Cotto's nut sack. They were acting like he was dominating the fight and that Shane should retire or something. I thought it was a very close fight and I had it a draw the 1st time I watched it. I watched it again last week and I had Cotto by a round or something like that. VERY close fight though. I thought Shane was working him in the early rounds.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 19 2012, 08:05 AM) *
I just remember the announcers being on Cotto's nut sack. They were acting like he was dominating the fight and that Shane should retire or something. I thought it was a very close fight and I had it a draw the 1st time I watched it. I watched it again last week and I had Cotto by a round or something like that. VERY close fight though. I thought Shane was working him in the early rounds.

Really? See, I saw it the exact opposite. I thought Cotto swept most of the early rounds and it wasn't until about round 7 or 8 (coincidentally, when Cotto started to "gas"), did Mosley come on. Upon reading this thread, I youtubed the fight and I pretty much stand by my initial thoughts. Just an opinion.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 19 2012, 09:05 AM) *
I just remember the announcers being on Cotto's nut sack.

That's all I remember...
Cshel86
Okay the dates and times are set for these bouts...

They both air on 4/27

Mayweather/Corrales at 10:15 PM (EST)

Cotto vs Mosley at 11PM (EST)

I believe these fights are already On Demand, but my Direct Cinema connection kit isn't hooked up yet (needs another splitter), so somebody let me know.
Hotsauce
my tv guide says hbo 2
Franchize
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 19 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Really? See, I saw it the exact opposite. I thought Cotto swept most of the early rounds and it wasn't until about round 7 or 8 (coincidentally, when Cotto started to "gas"), did Mosley come on. Upon reading this thread, I youtubed the fight and I pretty much stand by my initial thoughts. Just an opinion.

I had Mosley winning like the 1st 3 or 4 if I'm not mistaken, Cotto got the middle rounds, then Mosley cameo n again late IMO. Kinda mirrored Pacquiao vs Marquez in a way.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:48 AM) *
Okay the dates and times are set for these bouts...

They both air on 4/27

Mayweather/Corrales at 10:15 PM (EST)

Cotto vs Mosley at 11PM (EST)

I believe these fights are already On Demand, but my Direct Cinema connection kit isn't hooked up yet (needs another splitter), so somebody let me know.

Yeah, they're already On Demand.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 25 2012, 12:08 PM) *
my tv guide says hbo 2

It's still HBO asshole! laugh.gif

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 25 2012, 01:20 PM) *
Yeah, they're already On Demand.

Well I guess that means I need to hook my shit up then...
Hotsauce
fuck u
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 25 2012, 10:21 PM) *
fuck u

laugh.gif
Hotsauce
i can't even find it on demand
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2012, 03:58 PM) *
a closer look will show u that mosley did nothing to force cotto to box in the end of the fight. imo, cotto made the decision to box when he realized he wasn't going to ko mosley. even though cotto was giving shane movement...shane did nothing to take over the fight. he simply followed cotto around and got out boxed. what lost that fight for mosley was his strategy. taking the fight to cotto played directly in to cotto's hands because shane didn't have a jab. he'd force the exchanges and cotto always seemed to get the best of him because he was throwing the more technically sound punches and shane offered very little head movement to prevent that.

just watched this again last nite and it was pretty much the way i recalled it. mosley landed a lot of right hands but none of them seemed to phase cotto. i didn't think either guy was hurt at any point during the fight. mosley actually started giving cotto movement first because he was getting out done in the exchanges. cotto couldn't do much when mosley gave him movent so he turned the tables on him by doing the same and mosley obliged. both max and steward got it totally wrong. cotto wasn't hurt at all. nor was he tired. it takes more energy to stick and move and that's precisely what he did for the last few rounds. lamps called every shot shane landed but didn't say much about the jabs, hooks and crosses that had mosleys' head twisting like the exorcist. laugh.gif
sduck
Mosley was lookin stupid throughout most of the fight, but he wasn't totally outclassed by Cotto, he was still landing good shots. I had Cotto winning the fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.