Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weekend in Boxing-FNF, SHO-Taylor/Truax, Lara/Hearns
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Hey man, yup, I was forced to go outside to pick something up. Just came back and apparently I missed a lot.

Indeed you did no2.gif

Im ready to see Lara put K-9's ass out of boxing, then take on Trout, Martiosyan, Trout (maybe), then get either Kirkland or Canelo. More than likely he'll get James forst...just judging by his recent lackluster performances in "over the hump" fights...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 20 2012, 11:18 PM) *
what a blowout.

Yup.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 20 2012, 11:18 PM) *
what a blowout.

Yeah he's done...def has the chin of his pops...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Indeed you did no2.gif

Im ready to see Lara put K-9's ass out of boxing, then take on Trout, Martiosyan, Trout (maybe), then get either Kirkland or Canelo. More than likely he'll get James forst...just judging by his recent lackluster performances in "over the hump" fights...

All of those match ups are interesting. I'd pick him over Kirkland.

That card with Trout and Rodriguez is a must see.
Cshel86
Lara deserves to be out there at this point, despite only having 18 fights. He's ready to push guys to the limits, and Im ready to see him pushed a bit. Im sure guys will find ways around fighting him, bet that...

Is he a world beater? Yes and no. He does have the tools to disrupt some shit though...especially if a guy is trying to find the easy way to the top (by way of popularity and soft touches)...
Cshel86
Im sorrry, but if I was Taylor, I'd be mentally FUCKED UP right now! Those fights that he lost by KO, were in the late rounds, when he either had the fight in the bag (somewhat), or the fight was close (with him possibly edging it). That's got to be mentally taxing...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Lara deserves to be out there at this point, despite only having 18 fights. He's ready to push guys to the limits, and Im ready to see him pushed a bit. Im sure guys will find ways around fighting him, bet that...

Is he a world beater? Yes and no. He does have the tools to disrupt some shit though...especially if a guy is trying to find the easy way to the top (by way of popularity and soft touches)...

With some of these Cuban guys I think that the number of fights that they have can be misleading because of their v. solid amateur backgrounds.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:32 PM) *
Im sorrry, but if I was Taylor, I'd be mentally FUCKED UP right now! Those fights that he lost by KO, were in the late rounds, when he either had the fight in the bag (somewhat), or the fight was close (with him possibly edging it). That's got to be mentally taxing...

It'd affect me too, but if Taylor's a true warrior then maybe he can overcome it. I'm not Taylor's biggest fan, but he does have a nice jab.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:33 PM) *
With some of these Cuban guys I think that the number of fights that they have can be misleading because of their v. solid amateur backgrounds.

True...as evidenced by Rigondeaux's performances...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:35 PM) *
It'd affect me too, but if Taylor's a true warrior then maybe he can overcome it. I'm not Taylor's biggest fan, but he does have a nice jab.

Taylor does and always will have a great jab...and he looked strong in the first.
Cshel86
Goddammit Jermaine...the word is "specifically", not "pacifically" no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:38 PM) *
True...as evidenced by Rigondeaux's performances...

Taylor does and always will have a great jab...and he looked strong in the first.

Yeah, he won the first, but Truax was inactive. Maybe because of the jab? Truax did say that he would wait a bit as Taylor gasses in the later rounds.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Goddammit Jermaine...the word is "specifically", not "pacifically" no2.gif

I can see it now - guest hosts on The Tonight Show - Jermaine Taylor and the Sesame Street Announcer.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:41 PM) *
I can see it now - guest hosts on The Tonight Show - Jermaine Taylor and the Sesame Street Announcer.

Much needed...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Much needed...

Ha!

Taylor hasn't gone to the body once and Truax did land a little something to the body.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Ha!

Taylor hasn't gone to the body once and Truax did land a little something to the body.

This shit has been the battle of jabs...and Jermaine is ahead by a country mile. Truax seems a bit uncomfortable...
HaydelHammer
jermain must have one of the most punishing jabs...guy has always been a 1,2 guy..nothing dynamic about him ever but that jab sure keeps fighters at bay and gun shy (that is until he tires..then they have a field day on his head)
Cshel86
Man this ref sounds like one of those guys that talk fast as shit at car auctions...I dont understand ANY of his instructions...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 20 2012, 11:50 PM) *
jermain must have one of the most punishing jabs...guy has always been a 1,2 guy..nothing dynamic about him ever but that jab sure keeps fighters at bay and gun shy (that is until he tires..then they have a field day on his head)

Yup. Fighting ugly like BHop did also worked. Officially Taylor won, but IMO, Hopkins won both of those encounters.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:53 PM) *
Man this ref sounds like one of those guys that talk fast as shit at car auctions...I dont understand ANY of his instructions...

Ha! I wonder if he'll count quickly if there's a knockdown? Going once, going twice...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Ha! I wonder if he'll count quickly if there's a knockdown? Going once, going twice...

laugh.gif

In that case, the fight will be over at the count of 5...

Seems like Truax is making his mark, and Jermaine is avoiding an exchange...though he said he wanted to knock him out...
Cshel86
Jermaine is putting his shit together...
Cheesey1
Oh shit!!!!

After the right, Truax landed a decent left a little while ago.
Cshel86
Oh shit! Late round bullshit by Taylor...AGAIN...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:07 AM) *
Oh shit! Late round bullshit by Taylor...AGAIN...

That's Taylor.

He needs to incorporate some body work, take some of the energy out of his opponents.
HaydelHammer
jermain being jermain
Cshel86
Not good for Jermaine...and just when I thought he had the fight in the bag. His chin is tested, cracked, and not in good condition. Even if Jermaine wins this one...it still doesn't look good for him...
Cshel86
ALL of this fuckin' hugging by Jermaine...dude, just get Ko'd and leave the sport for good...your better days are remembered...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:13 AM) *
ALL of this fuckin' hugging by Jermaine...dude, just get Ko'd and leave the sport for good...your better days are remembered...

Yeah. He's done enough and should just ride off into the sunset.

He won tonight, but he doesn't bring anything new to the table.
HaydelHammer
yeah I agree...jermain..shut it down...any top guy would crush him at this point. Still has zero head movement....leans to the right still allowing rights to just land perfect upside his head...not young enough to over come it like he did when he was younger.

shut it down..it's over.
Cheesey1
"This was a tune up..."

Not a good look to get seriously knocked down in a tune up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 21 2012, 12:11 AM) *
jermain being jermain

Yep...being over aggressive and leaving himself open...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:15 AM) *
Yeah. He's done enough and should just ride off into the sunset.

He won tonight, but he doesn't bring anything new to the table.

I would hate to see him fight Martinez, Chavez, or even Lara for that matter.

Really man....this sport loves no one. This dude was on top of the world just 5 years ago, and since then, he's lost his spark and ended up on ShoBox, which is Showtime's equivalent of FNFs.
HaydelHammer
lol "I been knocked out FO times!"

this dude has lost his mind. Listen to him.
Cshel86
"Who gives a damn!" This shit is shamefully comical! laugh.gif D-R-U-G-S...

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 21 2012, 12:18 AM) *

laugh.gif

Hell yeah!

Twitching like hell, and insecure as shit!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 21 2012, 12:18 AM) *

Funny, yet very unfortunate and hopefully not tragic.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Yep...being over aggressive and leaving himself open...

I would hate to see him fight Martinez, Chavez, or even Lara for that matter.

Really man....this sport loves no one. This dude was on top of the world just 5 years ago, and since then, he's lost his spark and ended up on ShoBox, which is Showtime's equivalent of FNFs.

Was it Kenny Rogers who said that you've got to know when to fold 'em?
Cheesey1
Fight fans. Peace out and thanks for the commentary.
Hotsauce
smh, lol and wtf @ that post fight interview
mitukczuk
Come on, give Jermaine a break, guys.
So what he got KD ? I wouldn't see it as such a big deal. Yeah, he is damaged goods, yeah he is not the same and yeah he needs to do better body work, but he did some good work earlier and in mid of the fight and rightfully won. There are much worse fighters getting an opportunity to fight imo.

Lara is a BEAST !!! What a KO. Hearns really does have a chin of his father...but I think those lefts would put to sleep majority of fighters...

All in all, good night of and for boxing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.