Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weekend in Boxing-FNF, SHO-Taylor/Truax, Lara/Hearns
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Cheesey1
The weekend is almost here and while a lot of people will be getting 'jiggy with it' in the clubs/lounges/bars, I'll be watching the sweetest of sciences.
Here's some of what's on tap (there's a lot going on, but this is just what I'm planning on watching):

FRIDAY:
FNF-
Adonis Stevenson vs. Noe Gonzalez - 168lbs: A great division. Stevenson is another product of the proud, island nation of Haiti, by way of Canada (Berto and Pascal are two of Haiti's other prominent exports). Both fighters have one loss each and are probably going to do their best to keep it at that.

Eleyder 'Storm' Alvarez vs. Rayco "War"Saunders - 175lbs: Another division that always gets my attention. Alvarez is trying to remain undefeated against the (relatively), much more experienced Saunders

There will also be some heavyweight action, but I'm not sure if it'll be televised. Oscar "Kaboom" Rivas is the undefeated HW on the card. Never seen him fight, but if they do show it, hopefully he lives up to his nickname.

SHOBOX-
Jermain 'Bad Intentions' Taylor vs. Caleb 'Golden' Truax - 160lbs: Truax is undefeated, but Taylor's the favourite. I was never one of the people that thought that Taylor was as good as his press, but I have no idea if Truax's '0' is the result of fighting products from the "bum of the month" club.

Erislandy Lara vs. Ronald 'the Chosen One' Hearns -160lbs: One's the son of a legend and the other's yet another Cuban sensation. Lara arguably beat Paul Williams in his last bout. (Shout out to Ozzie Guillen. Batista's Jim Crow era country didn't produce the boxing talent that we're seeing from Cuba).

SATURDAY:
International (Denmark) approx. 3-4pm
James 'Chunky' DeGale vs. Cristian Sanavia - 168lbs for DeGale's European super middleweight title. Olympic Gold medalist James DeGale's one of my top boxers and I think that the one loss on his record shouldn't be there as, IMO, he won that match.

SHO-
Abner Mares vs. Eric 'Little Hands of Steel' Morel - 122lbs: Let's see how Mares looks after his last outing against Joseph Agbeko. Mares is moving up in weight.

Anselmo 'Chemito'Moreno vs. David 'Morita' De La Mora -122lbs: Both boxers have one loss. Nobody's trying to make it two.
checkleft
Didn't you say chunky was fighting? Degale right?
mitukczuk
I am really curious about the outcome of Lara/Hearns fight. I am expecting Lara to win, but careers of both of these guys are interesting to follow. Hearns is slowly becoming too old to make noise though but it would be good to see him in a good fight. Lara is force to be reckoned with and after what he did to P.Willy I would love to see him get a bigger payday and make a name for himself.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 19 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Didn't you say chunky was fighting? Degale right?

Yes man. I had accidentally posted it before I finished typing and I don't think that I had entered that bout. I edited it earlier today and now show his match's info. (Sat. afternoon)
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 19 2012, 05:12 PM) *
I am really curious about the outcome of Lara/Hearns fight. I am expecting Lara to win, but careers of both of these guys are interesting to follow. Hearns is slowly becoming too old to make noise though but it would be good to see him in a good fight. Lara is force to be reckoned with and after what he did to P.Willy I would love to see him get a bigger payday and make a name for himself.

Same here. He's also fighting at a heavier weight (if I'm not mistaken), so might we see a stoppage? Several interesting matches this weekend.

I was mistaken about Lara moving up in weight. Damn, what a hack of a poster I am.
pcraw
Damn good weekend of fights and I gott squeeze in UFC 145 Evans/Jones! Good weekend!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 19 2012, 05:12 PM) *
I am really curious about the outcome of Lara/Hearns fight.

Me too! Im more excited about this, than Jermaine Taylor. I'm sorry, but any guy that has had a brain bleed (Taylor), is definitely on grandfather time. Im not all that interested in seeing him "climb back into the ranks" due that serious injury, but hey, it's his career and it's boxing, so of course I'll be watching.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Me too! Im more excited about this, than Jermaine Taylor. I'm sorry, but any guy that has had a brain bleed (Taylor), is definitely on grandfather time. Im not all that interested in seeing him "climb back into the ranks" due that serious injury, but hey, it's his career and it's boxing, so of course I'll be watching.

Same here. I'm the most interested in the James DeGale bout, but Lara/Hearns is definitely a must see.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 19 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Damn good weekend of fights and I gott squeeze in UFC 145 Evans/Jones! Good weekend!

Yup. Not an MMA fan, so I doubt that I'll watch that one. Got nothing against it, it just isn't my cup of tea.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 19 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Same here. I'm the most interested in the James DeGale bout, but Lara/Hearns is definitely a must see.

Couldn't agree more. Pretty good boxing weekend chunky Lara mares and moreno who look like their heading for a clash. Good lineup
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 19 2012, 11:44 PM) *
Couldn't agree more. Pretty good boxing weekend chunky Lara mares and moreno who look like their heading for a clash. Good lineup

Fo' sheezy.
checkleft
Don't you mean "fo cheezy"?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 20 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Don't you mean "fo cheezy"?

Ha! I stand corrected.
Cheesey1
Yo moderators, are you guys creating a separate FNF thread?
Cheesey1
Okay, joining the action in the third round.

Only caught the ending of that round so no comment so far.

Cheesey1
Round four. Alvarez is putting some nice combinations together. Head, head, body.

Using the jab opportunistically.
Cheesey1
Alvarez' jabs are finding their mark.

Wazzup CShel?
Cshel86
...hope Alvarez doesn't think he has a mohawk...that shit is nothing short of a skid mark...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:30 PM) *
...hope Alvarez doesn't think he has a mohawk...that shit is nothing short of a skid mark...

Might be, but that left jab is shitting all over Saunders' face.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:31 PM) *
Might be, but that left jab is shitting all over Saunders' face.

Whats up!

Hell yeah, that jab is landing like clockwork. Isn't this that wack ass ref who saved Bute in the Andrade fight when he was gassed and dazed?
Cheesey1
Saunders is clearly losing and unless he pulls something out of his hat, he's losing to skid-mark head.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Whats up!

Hell yeah, that jab is landing like clockwork. Isn't this that wack ass ref who saved Bute in the Andrade fight when he was gassed and dazed?

Chillin'.

I didn't even pay attention to the ref. You're probably right.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:37 PM) *
Chillin'.

I didn't even pay attention to the ref. You're probably right.

Yeah I just tuned in a minute ago. These are some big ass LHWs (muscle wise). Saunder aint doin' shit coming forward and looking at Alvarez crazy.
Cheesey1
Saunders did land a right earlier that landed somewhat well. That lowered left hand of Alvarez' is the only weakness that he seems to be showing.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:39 PM) *
Yeah I just tuned in a minute ago. These are some big ass LHWs (muscle wise). Saunder aint doin' shit coming forward and looking at Alvarez crazy.

Yup.
Cshel86
At least it aint hard to score. Im ready for the ShowBox card...more so the Hearns/Lara fight. I love FNFs though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:43 PM) *
At least it aint hard to score. Im ready for the ShowBox card...more so the Hearns/Lara fight. I love FNFs though...

Agreed.

At least Alvarez was showing some decent technique, but Saunders made it easy.
Cshel86
I've seen Stevenson fight before, I believe. Again, I may have seen his by accident, but that usually happens when I watch FNFs, ShoBox, or the first undercard bout of a PPV card.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:47 PM) *
I've seen Stevenson fight before, I believe. Again, I may have seen his by accident, but that usually happens when I watch FNFs, ShoBox, or the first undercard bout of a PPV card.

Cool.
Cheesey1
The Sesame Street Announcer's in the house.

Preach Teddy, preach!!! A National Boxing Commission is a necessity, but because of the global nature of boxing, it needs to be something more along the lines of FIFA.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 09:52 PM) *
The Sesame Street Announcer's in the house.

Yep...that motherfucker needs to do leap frog videos. Gotta love Teddy for exposing shit in the sport, and accepting the fact that he will forever be stuck on FNFs for that reason alone.
Cheesey1
Ismayl Silakh is on next week. Nice!

I didn't know that Steward's in Stevenson's corner.

Too bad that William Shamar Whitt's not on T.V anywhere. I really need to try to catch some of the live matches in the area.
Cshel86
Not feeling Stevenson's half shirt, I guess that's how I should put it. Damn! Dude that he knocked out, looked epileptic when he hit the canvas...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Not feeling Stevenson's half shirt, I guess that's how I should put it. Damn! Dude that he knocked out, looked epileptic when he hit the canvas...

Ha! Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of the shirt island yup that was a vicious K.O.
Cheesey1
Cagey first round, but nice left by Stevenson.

Gonzalez should throw a left jab. Stevenson's right is low.
Cshel86
Stevenson looks like the dark-skinned member of H-Town that never got any camera time...good first round so far...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Stevenson looks like the dark-skinned member of H-Town that never got any camera time...good first round so far...

H-Town!

Quick stoppage, an 8 count would've been nice, but I think that it was understandable.

Adonis is still rough around the edges, but looks promising.
Cshel86
DAMN!!! Gonzalez couldn't hang! Sort of a quick stoppage, but damn, he wasn't answering back...
Cheesey1
What up BigFightFan? Not sure if you saw the last two bouts, but they were alright. Stevenson needs a bit of work, but I'd watch him again. Alvarez was also decent.
Cheesey1
I'd give that first round to Marie-Francoise. I think that he hurt Laham with some of those body shots.

Francoise is looking better than Laham, but he should use his height/reach advantage a bit more.

If Francoise wants to win comfortably and it looks like he can, he needs to stop giving Laham chances like he is.
Cshel86
Whaddup BigFightFan!!!
Cheesey1
Laham isn't showing anything intelligent.

I'm assuming that there's a separate thread for Showtime. I haven't checked

Looks like Laham's getting the dreaded "L" tonight unless he gets the KO.
Cshel86
Anywhere a fight is taking place, Pascal is always there to get his camera time. laugh.gif

I've missed most of the fight...my fuckin' dog is running around the house like a maniac...for some crazy reason, he only does this on Wednesdays and Fridays, smh...

Francois definitely has the faster hands...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 20 2012, 10:47 PM) *
I'm assuming that there's a separate thread for Showtime. I haven't checked

Open one up homie!
Cshel86
Uhhh Cheesey...where are ya bro? Girlfriend gotcha in a headlock? Yay? Nay?
Cshel86
Left hand by Lara, and Hearns is down...standing 8 count...he looks done...
Cshel86
That's it...it's over no2.gif Hearns is out cold in the first round...who didn't see this coming???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:12 PM) *
Uhhh Cheesey...where are ya bro? Girlfriend gotcha in a headlock? Yay? Nay?

Hey man, yup, I was forced to go outside to pick something up. Just came back and apparently I missed a lot.
HaydelHammer
what a blowout.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:13 PM) *
That's it...it's over no2.gif Hearns is out cold in the first round...who didn't see this coming???

I'm watching the replay and yeah Lara's back in the mix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.