Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime: Mares vs Morel@9:30PM(ET)/6:30PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all the action and on-going reaction to tonight's championship double-header match on Showtime. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
The fight's in the wonderful fucked up boxing commission state of Texas, who loves to play against the rules more often than not to the advantage of Mexican/Latino/and Latin-American fighters. Nice article here:

http://saturdaynightboxing.blogspot.com/20...-texas-two.html

Let's see how many gift Mares may receive tonight for being Oscar Delahoya's "Golden Goose." Not to mention what the commission may do to protect him.

Jack
Cshel86
Gotta love Texas...
Cheesey1
Yet another reason for a national/international boxing commission.
Cheesey1
122lbs, I weighed that much when I was 15, but I still wouldn't pick a fight with these guys (now that I think about it more like when I was 12, or 13).

Let's get ready to rumble!
Cshel86
Dude's running like a dog is chasing him...then this idiot got dropped. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Ugly 1st round. Moreno got the knockdown.

Comparing this to the DeGale bout earlier is almost like apples to oranges.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 09:56 PM) *
Dude's running like a dog is chasing him...then this idiot got dropped. laugh.gif

Ha!
Cshel86
Ha! They're showing the "Texas Travesties"...
Cheesey1
Round 5, Moreno comfortably ahead.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Ha! They're showing the "Texas Travesties"...

They should've discussed it a bit more. If my man Teddy was there he would've gone in, but as you said, that's why he's on FNF.
Cheesey1
What on earth is De La Mora doing? So far it looks like he's a bit out of his league.

Moreno's doing some counter punching. Is he known as a counterpuncher?
Cshel86
Dammit man! I have a SERIOUS case of ADHD this tonight...this Showtime card is on, the MMA card (in which I ordered) is on, Mayweather/Cotto 24/7 comes on, then the Mayweather/Dyson interview comes on later.

Im sure my DVR is like, "Ay man, WTF are you doing?"

Nice body shot...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:12 PM) *
Dammit man! I have a SERIOUS case of ADHD this tonight...this Showtime card is on, the MMA card (in which I ordered) is on, Mayweather/Cotto 24/7 comes on, then the Mayweather/Dyson interview comes on later.

Im sure my DVR is like, "Ay man, WTF are you doing?"

Nice body shot...

I'm already in hot water over here with all of the boxing today, but damn it, it's worth every icy stare.

Yup, Moreno is doing some respectable body work, in the context of an ugly fight. Luckily there've been moments of decent boxing from Moreno.
Cheesey1
Those body shots did their job.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:15 PM) *
I'm already in hot water over here with all of the boxing today, but damn it, it's worth every icy stare.

Stand your ground Cheesey...stand your ground..
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Stand your ground Cheesey...stand your ground..

You know this (but I'm going to come back and edit my comments so that there's no evidence of my complaining).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:20 PM) *
Those body shots did their job.

Absolutely...

Fuck the crowd! I know they wanted their guy to win, but he didn't have shit to give. Fuck them! No need to boo because of it...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:23 PM) *
You know this (but I'm going to come back and edit my comments so that there's no evidence of my complaining).

The damage is done Cheesey...leave it be. You've said worse...

Is it me, or does Felix DeJesus just look crooked as hell? laugh.gif
Cshel86
Peter "Kid Chopped-tooth" Quillin...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Absolutely...

Fuck the crowd! I know they wanted their guy to win, but he didn't have shit to give. Fuck them! No need to boo because of it...

The damage is done Cheesey...leave it be. You've said worse...

Is it me, or does Felix DeJesus just look crooked as hell? laugh.gif

Yeah, the crowd is retarded. Ignorance in action.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Peter "Kid Chopped-tooth" Quillin...

Yeah, not a good look, but he's one of those cool cats that doesn't give a shit. Playa, playa!
Cshel86
Berto gets beat again...this flat-footed, towel-popping jab-having, no personality-having mofo, will feel the canvas again. Dude's boxing skills are sub par, and the most he will do is come into the fight fresher this time, that's it.

With bad habits like his...they dont stop, those people just find new ways to continue doing it. Ortiz by KO early in the fight...before the 4th round...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:40 PM) *
Berto gets beat again...this flat-footed, towel-popping jab-having, no personality-having mofo, will feel the canvas again. Dude's boxing skills are sub par, and the most he will do is come into the fight fresher this time, that's it.

With bad habits like his...they dont stop, those people just find new ways to continue doing it. Ortiz by KO early in the fight...before the 4th round...

"Towel popping jab having." Ha!

I don't know if Ortiz will pull it off though. I can't disagree too much with the flat footed and underwhelming jab part, but I picked Berto to win the rematch and I think that I'm sticking with that prediction.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:43 PM) *
I don't know if Ortiz will pull it off though. I can't disagree too much with the flat footed and underwhelming jab part, but I picked Berto to win the rematch and I think that I'm sticking with that prediction.

Hopefully the rematch will be as epic as the first fight...

I had no idea that this fight was for the WBC (We Be Crooks) title, and I also had no idea that Mares had problems making weight for this bullshit contracted weight of 120 lbs, when its for the 122 lbs title.
Cshel86
Mares needs to slow down...he looks uncomfortable right now. He set the pace in the Agbeko fight, but he doesn't seem to have that option in this one...
Cshel86
Damn I almost gave the first to Morel, but that last right hand landed for Mares, and Morel seemed hurt...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Hopefully the rematch will be as epic as the first fight...

I had no idea that this fight was for the WBC (We Be Crooks) title, and I also had no idea that Mares had problems making weight for this bullshit contracted weight of 120 lbs, when its for the 122 lbs title.

Yup.

I didn't know about the problems making weight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:51 PM) *
Damn I almost gave the first to Morel, but that last right hand landed for Mares, and Morel seemed hurt...

I agree, I think Mares won the first and took the second round in a more decisive fashion.
Cshel86
"Abner Mares is GROWING UP!" - Gus Johnson

laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Mares is executing better than Morel. His jabs aren't hurting, but they're strong enough to help him advance and build off of them. That left has been doing its job as has the right.
The body work's been good too. Not on par with what Peterson did to Khan, but not bad.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 10:59 PM) *
Mares is executing better than Morel. His jabs aren't hurting, but they're strong enough to help him advance and build off of them. That left has been doing its job.

Indeed. Im ready for him to put Morel out, so I can change the channel. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:01 PM) *
Indeed. Im ready for him to put Morel out, so I can change the channel. laugh.gif

If Mares keeps this up and Morel keeps looking like a deer caught in the headlights, then yeah you might be able to change the channel soon.

I wonder if all of the blue that Mares was sporting is a crip thing?
Cshel86
Mares nose aint lookin' too hot no2.gif

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:09 PM) *
I wonder if all of the blue that Mares was sporting is a crip thing?

Hell, who knows...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:10 PM) *
Mares nose aint lookin' too hot no2.gif

Hell, who knows...

That straight right by Morel was a nose cruncher (or was it a left? Sippin' on gin and juice)
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:11 PM) *
That straight right by Morel was a nose cruncher (or was it a left? Sippin' on gin and juice)

It was a left, and I'll be damned if it didn't put Mares' plans on pause. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:19 PM) *
It was a left, and I'll be damned if it didn't put Mares' plans on pause. laugh.gif

Morel's lack of activity has dug him a pretty deep hole, but then again Mares hasn't given him too much of a chance.
Cshel86
Im laughing at how Tarver keeps checking Gus for getting overly excited about punches that aren't even landing (body punches).
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:23 PM) *
Im laughing at how Tarver keeps checking Gus for getting overly excited about punches that aren't even landing (body punches).

I remember when Gus Johnson used to commentate on the Knicks games. He's making that Showtime paper now.
Cheesey1
These fans are some bums. Morel went out of his way to apologise for hitting Mares after the bell.
Cshel86
C'mon man, Mares hit him late, then had a taste of his own medicine. People need to stop defending Mares' every move...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:26 PM) *
I remember when Gus Johnson used to commentate on the Knicks games. He's making that Showtime paper now.

Yep!

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:27 PM) *
These fans are some bums. Morel went out of his way to apologise for hitting Mares after the bell.

Aren't they?! Motherfuckers boo over simple shit, and Im sure that half of them dont even know what they're watching anyway...
Cheesey1
I think that the 12th round is going to be insane.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:30 PM) *
I think that the 12th round is going to be insane.

Yep!
Cshel86
Great 12th round for both guys!
Cheesey1
Nice match! Morel lost and probably lost at least 9 rounds (most of them close), but an enjoyable match.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:35 PM) *
Great 12th round for both guys!

Yup.
Cshel86
Alright...MMA time! yahoo.gif
Cheesey1
How's this for irony, I can't watch the Mayweather interview. Ha!

I'm out.
sduck
Great fights. Good performances by Mares, Morel, and Moreno. Will have to watch 24/7 another time.
mrchitown
Good fight by Mares, he's looking better every time out now. I'd definitely like to see him in with Donaire at some point down the road
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.