Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny comments commentators makin during fights.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
haqtiq
My favorite material comes from either George Foreman, or Lennox Lewis, to start of this thread..

Mayweather vs. Corrales

George on the left jab to the body from Mayweather..

George, Ohhhhh that left jab.. it's like a syringe... it'll just suck all the juice outta your body.

Me, literally laughing my ass off.

Keep the party going with some funny comments you've heard over the years.

ps. Sorry about topic, I am not normally up this early in the morning.
cuzzo707
Jim Lampley during the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight I believe when he kept saying "Bang" "Bang" LMFAO!!!
Cheesey1
Sorry man, got nothin.' I usually have my own commentary going on in my head when I'm watching boxing, or it could be that my memory sucks.
Cshel86
I still cant get past Steward's "OHHH MY GOD!!!" at the end of the 6th round of Berto/Ortiz. That shit will forever be classic! laugh.gif He sounded like a heavy-set southern woman who just got some bad news...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 25 2012, 12:23 PM) *
or it could be that my memory sucks.

Problem solved...
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 25 2012, 09:42 AM) *
My favorite material comes from either George Foreman, or Lennox Lewis, to start of this thread..

Mayweather vs. Corrales

George, Ohhhhh that left jab.. it's like a syringe... it'll just suck all the juice outta your body.

Almost all of George's comments on Mayweather when he fought Phillip N'dou had me in tears, but my personal (recent) favorite, is when Larry Merchant told Floyd...
"If I were 50 years younger, I'd kick your ass." laugh.gif... It was funny, 'cause I really do believe he meant every word of that shit, especially since he said it with so much conviction. He later had da nerves to say, "I probably wouldn't kick his ass, but I damn sure would have tried." I can't believe no one has mentioned that, yet.

QUOTE (cuzzo707 @ Apr 25 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Jim Lampley during the Pacquiao vs Margarito fight I believe when he kept saying "Bang" "Bang" LMFAO!!!
Nah, that was Pacquiao-Clottey.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2012, 12:25 PM) *
I still cant get past Steward's "OHHH MY GOD!!!" at the end of the 6th round of Berto/Ortiz. That shit will forever be classic! laugh.gif He sounded like a heavy-set southern woman who just got some bad news...

He was so passionate 'bout that shit, too. Too funny!
Franchize
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 25 2012, 09:42 AM) *

Mayweather vs. Corrales

I remember that! lmao I wasn't sure if he was talking about the fight or a Foreman Grill lol
Franchize
I pretty much have the same as most guys. Manny Steward's "oh my god" was hilarious because he sounded so country.

"Oh ma gaaaaaaaarrrrddd" I'm at work laughing hard as hell right now

Here's a few more:

Roy talking about Gatti's chances in the Mayweather fight, DURING THE FIGHT, was hilarious

I can't forget about Lampley and Floyd's NFL conversation mid-fight. That was epic.

Lampley's mosley, mosley, mosley after he rocked Floyd.

I forget what fight it was but Roy Jones put Merchant in his place about his lack of boxing knowledge.

I think my all time favorite was Teddy Atlas' rant after the Emmanuel Burton (Augustus) robbery. He was PISSSEEEEEDDDD lmao
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 25 2012, 01:03 PM) *
I pretty much have the same as most guys. Manny Steward's "oh my god" was hilarious because he sounded so country.

"Oh ma gaaaaaaaarrrrddd" I'm at work laughing hard as hell right now

Here's a few more:

Roy talking about Gatti's chances in the Mayweather fight, DURING THE FIGHT, was hilarious

I can't forget about Lampley and Floyd's NFL conversation mid-fight. That was epic.

Lampley's mosley, mosley, mosley after he rocked Floyd.

I forget what fight it was but Roy Jones put Merchant in his place about his lack of boxing knowledge.

I think my all time favorite was Teddy Atlas' rant after the Emmanuel Burton (Augustus) robbery. He was PISSSEEEEEDDDD lmao

I still remember that shit. It was in the middle of his fight against Henry Bruseles, I think. As far as George's "juice out'cha body" comment goes, he wasted no time to say that shit. If I remember correctly, he said it in the 1st round. Oh yeah, speakin' of Burton, I was just watchin' a recent interview where Floyd said Augustus was his toughest opponent thus far. He said, "his record didn't show, you know, his skillset. The guy was unbelievable."

(He speaks on him at 0:10-0:40)
BoxingStill#1
Ortiz/ Mayweather

Lamply: ".....Ortiz' back an aircraft carrier"...

Wait,.. this is FUNNY comments... not FAGGY comments... sry
mrwigi
Larry Merchant saying Lennox drowned in Oceans 11 after getting knocked out by Rahman.

Cant forget my man Harold... Hes gotta tell ya something.
daprofessor
"larry merchant...u don't know shit about boxing!!! hbo should fire ur ass!!!!"

well...he wasn't a commentator...and there was more truth to the statement than anything...but i found it funny. smile.gif
Jack 1000
I think it was during the PPV closed-circut telecast of Hearns-Roldan with Halgler, Gil Clancy, and Tim Ryan commentating. They were in-between fights, and Hagler, obviously unaware that his mic was turned on, asked the crew "If he could run to the mens-room real quick!" LOL!

I think it was on that same card, with Willaim-Czyz I, they were interviewing Prince Charles Williams after his great fight with Czyz, and as Charles was talking, his trainer came in to take out his mouthpiece and that came out along with his false teeth! LOL! Williams kept on talking, and the trainer put the Prince's teeth back in his mouth like nothing happened! CLASSIC!

Jack
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 25 2012, 03:07 PM) *
I think it was during the PPV closed-circut telecast of Hearns-Roldan with Halgler, Gil Clancy, and Tim Ryan commentating. They were in-between fights, and Hagler, obviously unaware that his mic was turned on, asked the crew "If he could run to the mens-room real quick!" LOL!

I think it was on that same card, with Willaim-Czyz I, they were interviewing Prince Charles Williams after his great fight with Czyz, and as Charles was talking, his trainer came in to take out his mouthpiece and that came out along with his false teeth! LOL! Williams kept on talking, and the trainer put the Prince's teeth back in his mouth like nothing happened! CLASSIC!

Jack

That, in itself, is PPV-worthy laugh.gif.
bMaK
"Joe Louis famously said, 'you can run, but you can't hide.' Mayweather is running, hiding, and hitting." - Larry Merchant, Mayweather vs. Corrales.
Cshel86
Anytime RJJ commentates a fight, there's always room for something comical to be said. He was funny when he called Morales/Pacquiao 1, simply because he wasn't sold on Manny and he checked Larry's ass during the fight.

Another one where RJJ had those funny moments is during the FMJ/Gatti fight and the Kirkland/Angulo bout. Anybody remember Roy during the Donaire/Navaez fight? "Ohh, he done PISSED Donaire off"!
sduck
Beginning of Pacquiao-Marquez III, when Lampley is announcing Pacquiao's accomplishments. The exaggeration and tone he put into was too funny to me, "He WALKED RIGHT THROUGH SHANE MOSLEY!!"
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 29 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Beginning of Pacquiao-Marquez III, when Lampley is announcing Pacquiao's accomplishments. The exaggeration and tone he put into was too funny to me, "He WALKED RIGHT THROUGH SHANE MOSLEY!!"

Hell yeah! Didn't Lampley say that Pacquiao "move up to 154" to fight Clottey? Shit, he fought Clottey at 147, not 154. Lampley was WAAAY too excited. laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 29 2012, 09:35 PM) *

There was a point in that fight where he said Manny landed a combination in the middle rounds that was his best of the fight. Manny was the one who got hit lmao and hit hard.
checkleft
Teddy atlas this last Friday. I loved it he blasted bob arum..

And I think he had money on the main event, he mentioned the odds and everything. Then when the ko came he went nuts!
haqtiq
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 30 2012, 02:32 PM) *
Teddy atlas this last Friday. I loved it he blasted bob arum..

And I think he had money on the main event, he mentioned the odds and everything. Then when the ko came he went nuts!

Yea, I must agree.. FNF was very good, and Atlas capped it off, and it was truth. I loved it.
neophyte7
LARRY MERCHANT:---- during ECHOLS (KID DYNAMITE) HOPKINS II

"KID DYNAMITE IS GETTING BLOWN UP"

larry merchant before Roy Jones vs Julio Gonzalez

"JULIO GONZALEZ recently MADE HIS FIRST EVER 100 DOLLARS picking Garlic.. "Boy did he pick that Garlic".. LMAO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.