Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarver's Still the Man!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86

(Tarver's portion starts at 5:15)

Im getting a bit excited about this fight, as well as the Quillin/Wright fight (which will be on the card). Cant forget to mention Austin Trout vs Delvin Rodriguez and Santa Crus vs Maligna on the card too.

So yes, this is a quadruple header! I'm hoping that all of it will be televised. I didn't like Antonio Tarver for a while after he Ko'd RJJ, but you gotta love this guy when he talks trash and perform in the ring.

Check it out!

PS: A Starfleet translator may be needed for Kayode's portion in the beginning. The video has "meltdown" in the title, but that may be referring to Kayode's accent or the viewer's mood when listening to it (your choice). Very interesting though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2012, 12:16 PM) *

(Tarver's portion starts at 5:15)

Im getting a bit excited about this fight, as well as the Quillin/Wright fight (which will be on the card). Cant forget to mention Austin Trout vs Delvin Rodriguez and Santa Crus vs Maligna on the card too.

So yes, this is a quadruple header! I'm hoping that all of it will be televised. I didn't like Antonio Tarver for a while after he Ko'd RJJ, but you gotta love this guy when he talks trash and perform in the ring.

Check it out!

PS: A Starfleet translator may be needed for Kayode's portion in the beginning. The video has "meltdown" in the title, but that may be referring to Kayode's accent or the viewer's mood when listening to it (your choice). Very interesting though...

Tarver has earned 100% of my respect, even though as you said, he was public enemy #1 in my book after he beat RJ Jr. Will he beat Kayode? Dunno, probably.
I''m much, much more interested in the Trout/Rodriguez bout! Then the Quillin\Wright match.
checkleft
When is this card?
MaxPayne
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 26 2012, 12:46 PM) *
When is this card?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Saturday, May 25th. The Ring Magazine site always has a great schedule that is also linked on Yahoo.

My favorite moment was, "When you're in there by yourself and Freddie Roach cain't do anything but hand you some water, you're gonna find out that it's completely different".

Classic !
Cshel86
It actually airs on June 2...

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 26 2012, 01:04 PM) *
My favorite moment was, "When you're in there by yourself and Freddie Roach cain't do anything but hand you some water, you're gonna find out that it's completely different".

That line did it for me!
MaxPayne
My bad...they have it listed there twice for some reason and I ran with the first one by mistake. June 2nd it is.
neophyte7
tarver went to australia at 40 plus and wins cruiser weight title... people were shitting on him relative to being a hall of fame candidate and even said that Kosta Tszu was more deserving than he to be in hall??? LMAO... love or hate him Tarver has some good accomplishments and is headed to the hall.. Still can punch to...
daprofessor
i've always been a tarver fan. i followed him since the amateurs and actually met him the day he called out roy jones at the jones/ruiz fight. i love his confidence. he's a great commentator. i'll be rooting for him when he fights kayode. it won't be an easy task....but i think he can get the job done. kayode is crude...and lacks skill. i have been in the gym watching him do his thing in the past and saw all that tarver commented on. we'll see if tarver still has the ability to capitalize on his mistakes.
mitukczuk
Although Tarver did catch Roy in the right time in his career, I somehow grew to like the guy anyway. Some of his performances were sluggish (vs. Hopkins) but lately, he seems solid. I'll be rooting for him as well !! I can imagine him calling fights for living after hes done with boxing...
sduck
lol I'm pretty sure Tarver is still satisfied as the first man to not only beat Roy Jones but to knock him out. Interesting that they both do commentary except for separate rival networks.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 26 2012, 04:13 PM) *
tarver went to australia at 40 plus and wins cruiser weight title... people were shitting on him relative to being a hall of fame candidate and even said that Kosta Tszu was more deserving than he to be in hall??? LMAO... love or hate him Tarver has some good accomplishments and is headed to the hall.. Still can punch to...

Kostya Tszu over Tarver in the boxing hall of fame? I'm glad that I never paid attention to that discussion otherwise I would've probably lost all faith in humanity (for the 100,000th time).
Cshel86
The HOF has gone to shit, so any damn body can be inducted. It's all about "Legendary Status" nowadays, and I believe that holds more weight than being a HOFer (due to the standards being so low).

Shit like, Stallone seriously being inducted into the HOF, does little to restore my faith in humanity.
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 27 2012, 02:26 AM) *
lol I'm pretty sure Tarver is still satisfied as the first man to not only beat Roy Jones but to knock him out. Interesting that they both do commentary except for separate rival networks.

did u know that tarver is thee most decorated u.s. amateur ever?

i think he's also a superior commentator.
sTotheR
Tarver is that dude, glad he is still in the game. I haven't seen too much of Lateef, I just know one of the coaches at the gym talks about him like crazy cause apparently he used to train him long ago. Don't know if he ready for AT though.
Cshel86
I dont know about you guys, but Im ready for this card! Im getting more and more excited about the Quillin/Wright and the Trout/Rodriguez bouts for the most part!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.