Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15(ET)/7:15(PT)-Hopkins vs. Dawson II-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jovi
bernard is dirty, i can see why people dont really see his fights as entertaining. he just holds people and punches them. I cant f*** with him. I hope Dawson knocks him out....Bullshit accidental headbutt
iKeNjiro
I fucking HATE bhop cheating lame ass
BigFightFan
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Man...FUCK BERNARD.....THAT IS SOME DIRTY ASS SHIT.

I agree
Cshel86
Damn these ring girls are hot!!!

Hopkins took the 4th round. That cut is gonna bring ALL of the estrogen out of Chad. Dawson just isn't doing enough...
KOpower
49-46 Dawson. Easy 5th round for Dawson.
Cshel86
Mr. Emotional (Chad) is fighting against himself and Hopkins. As his trainer is saying, he is holding back...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Damn these ring girls are hot!!!

Hopkins took the 4th round. That cut is gonna bring ALL of the estrogen out of Chad. Dawson just isn't doing enough...

NO SHIIIIIT!!! Those ring girls, from what I could see, were stellar.

Chad took the 5th.
KOpower
I guess you give the 6th to aBernard....but it is close. Almost a tie. 58-56 Dawson.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:23 PM) *
NO SHIIIIIT!!! Those ring girls, from what I could see, were stellar.

Chad took the 5th.

Man I almost thought it was HBO Late Night when they showed them getting in the ring!

Chad wants to give it to Hops, but he still looks confused and frustrated. He's trying to get it in there though...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Man I almost thought it was HBO Late Night when they showed them getting in the ring!

Chad wants to give it to Hops, but he still looks confused and frustrated. He's trying to get it in there though...

LMAO!!! Yeah, I was thinking, "HBO is showing REAL SEX in b/t rounds?"

Chad isn't so fazed by this shit at the moment. Interesting that Nazim just said, "This is where the young boy fades out."
KOpower
Easy Dawson for round 7. Dawson up 68-65.
Cheesey1
That straight left of Dawson's seems to be a sure thing. What makes it interesting is that Hopkins has been moving to his right.
mgrover
the fucks wrong with Dawson? He started out so confident coming forward but he just seems happy to sit back now, maybe he'll pick it up for the 8th
BigFightFan
Bernard is trying to punch that cut during the clinch now
Cshel86
Why in the hell does Dawson still looked surprised? Dude, you're in there with a vet, deal with it. Then Chad's landing shots, but backing up with his hands down like an amateur. He's doing okay, but he steps on the gas, then just fades out...something like Garcia did against Morales.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:30 PM) *
LMAO!!! Yeah, I was thinking, "HBO is showing REAL SEX in b/t rounds?"

Chad isn't so fazed by this shit at the moment. Interesting that Nazim just said, "This is where the young boy fades out."

Yep!

Does Dawson have TWO cuts now?
KOpower
Easy 8th for Dawson. 78-74 Dawson.
bnoles4life
Nazim is an excellent trainer/motivator...I mean, while he was mic'd, he almost had me think Bernard was walking away with that round...lucky I have eyes.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:35 PM) *
Nazim is an excellent trainer/motivator...I mean, while he was mic'd, he almost had me think Bernard was walking away with that round...lucky I have eyes.

laugh.gif

Chad is bullshittin'. He's letting Hopkins take some of these rounds. Well, not take the rounds, but have moments of looking good in 'em.
bnoles4life
Anyone else noticed what seemingly was 45 secs of ZERO commenting from the Grumpy Old Men +1?
KOpower
Dawson wins round 9, but not quite as easily as the last few. 88-83 Dawson.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:36 PM) *
laugh.gif

Chad is bullshittin'. He's letting Hopkins take some of these rounds. Well, not take the rounds, but have moments of looking good in 'em.

To some degree, you're right. However, I think Chad is clearly ahead....though, Harold Lederman just potentially jinxed it with, "the judges shouldn't have much trouble with this fight." <------- famous last words
KOpower
Easy round 10 for Dawson. 98-92 Dawson.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 28 2012, 11:34 PM) *
Easy 8th for Dawson. 78-74 Dawson.

Sounds about right to me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:40 PM) *
To some degree, you're right. However, I think Chad is clearly ahead....though, Harold Lederman just potentially jinxed it with, "the judges shouldn't have much trouble with this fight." <------- famous last words

Just listening to Scully, you would think Dawson wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing. Anyhow, he's been keeping his own pace, until it gets into the inside. Dawson better end this one well, or he may look to get screwed in this one...still more time left though.
KOpower
Max is trying too hard to give the judges a pass if they somehow give this to Bernard.
KOpower
Round to 11 to Hopkins. 107-102 Dawson.
Cshel86
The fact that those first tow rounds are in the air, gives me this nervous feeling that some fuckery is about to take place.
BigFightFan
Dawson might get robbed tonight. We will see in 3 minutes
bnoles4life
This ending is gonna be interesting....I wonder exactly what these cards will read.....oh yeah....

FUCK BERNARD
Franchize
I used to admire Hopkins tactics as they were very savvy. Now, he is crossing the line to being dirty. He is showing his age n these little tricks that were once brilliant accessories to a tactical boxing masterpiece, are now his go to weapon. Chad isnt just beating him like Taylor by outworking him. Hes outboxing him. Fight is going exactly how I expected. The only problems he would have is when he fights pissed off. I said weeks ago, if he fights with his head and not his heart, he will win.
KOpower
Dawson takes the 12th. 117-111 for Dawson.

Dawson wins on my card 117-111.
The Original MrFactor
Chad seems to find himself in position many time, just doesn't throw the punch and its frustrating watching that. I think he won, but frustratingly.
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 28 2012, 11:50 PM) *
I used to admire Hopkins tactics as they were very savvy. Now, he is crossing the line to being dirty. He is showing his age n these little tricks that were once brilliant accessories to a tactical boxing masterpiece, are now his go to weapon. Chad isnt just beating him like Taylor by outworking him. Hes outboxing him. Fight is going exactly how I expected. The only problems he would have is when he fights pissed off. I said weeks ago, if he fights with his head and not his heart, he will win.

+1
mgrover
i couldnt really hear the commentators over the ref saying stop...
Cheesey1
There's no way that they can rob Chad at this point. Not only did he win, but he isn't a no name like Campillo. If he get's robbed, I'll be beyond shocked.

Oh shit, I was almost "beyond shocked." That draw score was ridiculous.

Congrats to Chad. While I would've liked to have seen more 'Bad,' Hopkins didn't make it easy for him.
Franchize
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 28 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Max is trying too hard to give the judges a pass if they somehow give this to Bernard.

I thought the same thing. I was like uh oh, is robbery in the air.
Plah
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 28 2012, 11:51 PM) *
Dawson takes the 12th. 117-111 for Dawson.

Dawson wins on my card 117-111.

Yeah 9-3 sounds about right. As Bnoles said, Fuck Bernard.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 28 2012, 10:51 PM) *
i couldnt really hear the commentators over the ref saying stop...

No doubt, Grover.
bnoles4life
How in THE blue FUCK did that dude have the fight even?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:52 PM) *
No doubt, Grover.

No sir...it's "MG Rover"...don't piss him off!
BigFightFan
Bernard please don't act surprised! Get your ass out the ring bitch! I don't want to see a rematch either
BoxingStill#1
Please refer to my first post page 1.

....... now back to this jack...gn
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 29 2012, 04:53 AM) *

haha nice nice, that judge must of been high
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:53 PM) *

LOL. My fault.
KOpower
Dawson wins 117-111 on 2 cards....someone had in 114-114 somehow.Easy win for Dawson all things considered.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 28 2012, 11:51 PM) *
Chad seems to find himself in position many time, just doesn't throw the punch and its frustrating watching that. I think he won, but frustratingly.

Yeah, it was a bit frustrating, but I had to give credit to crafty old BHop.

Damn, Dawson called out Andre Ward. Nice!!
mrchitown
I still fuck with B hop but he should've threw more in those middle rounds. Dawson outboxed but he didn't do much either. Ward will fuck Chad up and Andre Dirrell will kill him as well
The Original MrFactor
OOPs!!! Was he supposed to say Andre Wards name on HBO??
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 28 2012, 11:55 PM) *
haha nice nice, that judge must of been high

laugh.gif

It was funny as hell how you checked that dude..."Oh and it's fuckin mg rover". Classic!

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:56 PM) *
LOL. My fault.

You've been officially warned sir...laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.