Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15(ET)/7:15(PT)-Hopkins vs. Dawson II-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all action and post-fight reaction to tonight's fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Bernard should have retired after Pascal II, to at least go out with his head held high.

Jack
Cshel86
*Photos courtesy of BoxingScene*

Sunni6Killer
Hopkins takes Dawson to school.
Wide decision.
BigFightFan
Dawson will beat the old man tonight.
HaydelHammer
Dawson should come out and not only be the boss, he should also push Bernard off the cliff.

That being said, I expect Dawson to only react with authority when he feels Bernard is trying to step up and be aggressive... Chad is going to go Chad.

I hope Bernard catches him mid counter and flattens him if he (Chad) goes into cruise control (which I know he will)
BoxingStill#1
My favorite boxer perhaps of all time... i think Hopkins losses tonight..

He looked his age in the last fight.. I think he was hurt but he also has a talent for doing things just at the right time to change the momentum of the fight... seems like it really has affected Chad and i think he may go in blazing...if this is tact, then Bernard is a Master mind....

This could play into his hands, the young eager to prove himself Dawson swinging away... fading late... folkes we could be watchin a genius move by the executioner

......or just an over due ass whoppin for an old man....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 28 2012, 08:28 PM) *
Dawson should come out and not only be the boss, he should also push Bernard off the cliff.

That being said, I expect Dawson to only react with authority when he feels Bernard is trying to step up and be aggressive... Chad is going to go Chad.

I hope Bernard catches him mid counter and flattens him if he (Chad) goes into cruise control (which I know he will)

I picked Dawson and while it's possible that he could fall back into his old not so 'Bad" habits, I'm going with what i saw in the last one. He jumped all over BHop. As long as he doesn't make any mistakes, Dawson will be victorious.
Cshel86
Funny how X elected NOT to do a Face-Odd segment with Dawson (and Kellerman)...straight robbing the fans of decent promotion. Bad enough that the promotion for the first fight stunk, along with the ugly ending, but to not want to do a Face-Off (after such a controversial fight) is weird...
Cheesey1
The HW's are in the ring. Could be good.

Mitchell's taller than Witherspoon (or at least he looks taller), could come into play.
Cshel86
Just knowing that Witherspoon has been stopped twice, gives us all that we need to know. Anything can happen though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:26 PM) *
Just knowing that Witherspoon has been stopped twice, gives us all that we need to know. Anything can happen though...

Yup.

Both guys are using the jab. Nice.

Mitchell also suffers from the apparent issues with keeping the left up.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 28 2012, 09:19 PM) *
My favorite boxer perhaps of all time... i think Hopkins losses tonight..

He looked his age in the last fight.. I think he was hurt but he also has a talent for doing things just at the right time to change the momentum of the fight... seems like it really has affected Chad and i think he may go in blazing...if this is tact, then Bernard is a Master mind....

This could play into his hands, the young eager to prove himself Dawson swinging away... fading late... folkes we could be watchin a genius move by the executioner

......or just an over due ass whoppin for an old man....

I feel you. I can see Dawson jumping on Bhop early also..then laying off to preserve a UD...he can't help it..it's his style.

This is the same guy who allowed PASCAL to push him to a defeat....we all know Pascal gasses in around 5-6 rounds yet he still let him out work him late.

If this Chad shows up...I hope BHOP dispatches him late. I get very frustrated with very young fighters who can't push the older guy over the edge. It makes no sense.

I see why Emanuel Steward was so pissed when he trained Jermain. Go in there and get rid of these guys for christ sakes. Like Terry Norris beat the shit out of Leonard. LOL
Cshel86
Steward is ALREADY making up words no2.gif It's "sparred", not "spared"...Ugh I hate that shit!
Cheesey1
Great first round.

Witherspoon took the first.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:26 PM) *

Fuck...nevermind...spoke too soon...

Again, as we all know...anything can happen...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Fuck...nevermind...spoke too soon...

Again, as we all know...anything can happen...

Yup.

Damn, that right in the first realigned Mitchell's jaw.

Nice body work from Mitchell.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Yup.

Damn, that right in the first realigned Mitchell's jaw.

Yep...he's getting his legs back, but his eyes are still a bit wide open, which proves that he's still trying to shake off the first round. Maybe the 1st round woke him up...
Cshel86
DAMN! Chazz visited the canvas!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:34 PM) *
DAMN! Chazz visited the canvas!

Yeah, he needs to go back to the jab.

Well, looks like he's going back to the changing room.

Great job by Mitchell, but he ate the jabs in rd. 1 and was hurt.
Cshel86
I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but hell, Witherspoon's been stopped 3 times in his career, so what should we expect in the future? I wont lie, Im impressed with Mitchell...

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:36 PM) *
Yeah, he needs to go back to the jab.

Well, looks like he's going back to the changing room.

laugh.gif

Love the transition there Cheesey!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 10:38 PM) *
I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but hell, Witherspoon's been stopped 3 times in his career, so what should we expect in the future? I wont lie, Im impressed with Mitchell...

laugh.gif

Love the transition there Cheesey!

Thanks. Mitchell needs to work on avoiding the jab, because that's what the Klitschkos will bring to the table (well that and clinching, at least with Wladimir).

A rematch, I could watch it, but I don't think there's a need for it. Mitchell has a nice jab and even though Witherspoon had the upper hand in rd. 1, Mitchell was also doing a decent job with his. There are other HWs that Mitchell could fight.
mgrover
to me this is probably more important to watch than the Mayweather fight, I used to dislike Hopkins and remember wanting him to get stopped by Calzaghe but after that fight, I saw the real winner, I can't see him winning and yes he has been unusually quiet, but maybe that's just a mind game? He's one of the few from that era still around.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 28 2012, 10:46 PM) *
to me this is probably more important to watch than the Mayweather fight, I used to dislike Hopkins and remember wanting him to get stopped by Calzaghe but after that fight, I saw the real winner, I can't see him winning and yes he has been unusually quiet, but maybe that's just a mind game? He's one of the few from that era still around.

I strangely enough feel that Calzaghe did enough to win that one. He didn't win hands down, but I do think that he won on points.
Cshel86
These motherfuckers at HBO talk WAAAAY too much during the entrances...save that shit or say it before the Tale of the Tape.

*steps off of the soapbox*
mgrover
am not here to argue that fight because i think you either see it one way or another
iKeNjiro
We here baby leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's go
Dawson

How everyone doing today
morning here in Tokyo

let's enjoy the fight I am amped
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 28 2012, 10:56 PM) *
am not here to argue that fight because i think you either see it one way or another

Yup.

Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Apr 28 2012, 10:59 PM) *
How everyone doing today

Crack open a beer Ken...we wont judge you. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 28 2012, 11:02 PM) *
Crack open a beer Ken...we wont judge you. laugh.gif

For real, it's 11.03 pm somewhere.
HaydelHammer
Dawson should demoralize and tire the old man right now out the gates with pure attrition. Drain him.

Dawson being Dawson.
Cheesey1
As said by Steward, Dawson needs to control the distance.
iKeNjiro
Hopkins moves good for 47
but he is running
rd1 Dawson
mgrover
no idea got that if i had to decide dawson round i guess, hopkins seems uneasy
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 28 2012, 11:04 PM) *
Dawson should demoralize and tire the old man right now out the gates with pure attrition. Drain him.

Dawson being Dawson.

I have to give Hopkins credit, he's giving Dawson something to think about, but I agree.
Cshel86
Looks like Chad is being challenged in there tonight...

This shit is turning into a thinking game, rather than a fight...which favors Bernard.
iKeNjiro
wow I am shocked at how Hopkins is landing nice punches
I give it to Hopkins
he stood his ground

1-1 tie
mgrover
hopkins seemed to land the more obvious shots round hopkins? meh
Cheesey1
Dawson should use that left more when Hopkins comes in.
KOpower
Dawson up 20-18

Hopkins isn't throwing
Cshel86
Uh ohhh...Chad's being a bitch already...signs that the veteran shit is working.
iKeNjiro
lol no comment
Dawson needs to relax and stay focused
Plah
Chad 3-0
KOpower
Dawson up 30-27 but Hopkins at least threw toward the end of round 3
BigFightFan
Chad let your hands go please
Cshel86
Here comes the cut...another bullshit way to nearly end the fight...let's see how this goes...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Apr 28 2012, 11:13 PM) *
lol no comment
Dawson needs to relax and stay focused

Yup, use the jab and catch BHop when he comes in with the uppercut. Also stop with the bending down crap.
HaydelHammer
Dawson simply is not showing that he is the dominant fighter. Bernard can pull this off IMO.
bnoles4life
Man...FUCK BERNARD.....THAT IS SOME DIRTY ASS SHIT.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 28 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Man...FUCK BERNARD.....THAT IS SOME DIRTY ASS SHIT.

Blatant and dangerous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.