Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seth Mitchel
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
Is it too early to get him together with Chris Arreola? Where should this guy go next. he's exciting, yet very raw. What happens when he fights someone who can negate his power with good defense?? Vitali will simply retreat and circle all while throwing the kitchen sink at him. Mitchel's lack of head movement will make him a sucker for Wlad's impaling jabs, rights and triple hooks. he's not ready for that level yet. Would like to see him against Amir Mansour or Chris Arreola next. Bring him along slowly. I liked the resilience he showed agains Non... I mean Witherspoon.
mrchitown
He's not beating Arereola. Thendifference between the two is Chris has power in both hands. I like Seth but I'm not really on the bandwagon yet. The biggest problem I see is he has mediocre defense which is highlighted by his non existent head movement and he telegraphs the right hand. A teenager can see it coming a mile away. Arreola will hurt him and when he does he will finish Seth. They need to keep bringing him along at a steady pace.nhes doing fine but a fight with the top dogs right now will be disastrous for him
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 28 2012, 11:45 PM) *
He's not beating Arereola. Thendifference between the two is Chris has power in both hands. I like Seth but I'm not really on the bandwagon yet. The biggest problem I see is he has mediocre defense which is highlighted by his non existent head movement and he telegraphs the right hand. A teenager can see it coming a mile away. Arreola will hurt him and when he does he will finish Seth. They need to keep bringing him along at a steady pace.nhes doing fine but a fight with the top dogs right now will be disastrous for him

I agree. Arreola is battle tested, where as Seth is Chazz-tested. He, Mitchell, needs a few more "tough" fights before even looking at the ring, w/ thoughts of Arreola, much less the K Bros.
HazConvictedFelonMane
HBO needs to stop it. They're going so hard with trying to drum up the "next Amwerican heavyweight". They're acting like crackheads over this American thing. Today's heavyweights are tangled up in other sports. They're trying to make something out of Mitchell but it's nothing more than a hypejob right about now. He did weather the storm of rd.1 and I have to respect that but they put him in there with a guy who was there to get knocked out. I hate when the powers that be try to make a fighter look better than he really is by putting fighters in there with guys who came to lose or get knocked out. If they want to impress me, they should put him in with Adamek. See how responds when he's getting his ears boxed off. I know he will crumble as soon as a puncher checks his chin.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about something. Why don't pair Seth Mitchell up with the other American heavyweight they're trying to trumpet and drum up. Big Seth said his team is working on something for Sept? Well there's his opponent. Bremaine Stiverne isn't that impressive to me but with heavyweights, one mistake can mean night night. We the people say who the stars are. HBO and it's announce team can't sway me into getting behind a fighter just because he's an American Heavyweight. I know the good folks over on 6th & 42nd would not like to hear this but the american heavyweight era is over.
mitukczuk
It was a good fight. I liked the recovery and body work of Mitchell in the second round. And a good referee stoppage for a change.
Plus the after-fight interview was quite good. Mitchell has some class in him. Good guy.

Klitschko's ? Not yet. Arreola ? Maybe after next two similarly difficult fights.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Apr 29 2012, 12:02 PM) *
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about something. Why don't pair Seth Mitchell up with the other American heavyweight they're trying to trumpet and drum up. Big Seth said his team is working on something for Sept? Well there's his opponent. Bremaine Stiverne isn't that impressive to me but with heavyweights, one mistake can mean night night. We the people say who the stars are. HBO and it's announce team can't sway me into getting behind a fighter just because he's an American Heavyweight. I know the good folks over on 6th & 42nd would not like to hear this but the american heavyweight era is over.

Stiverne wasn't that impressive when I saw him. He had many more holes than Mitchel. It would be a decent stepping stone for Mitchel on his climb. From the articles I read about Mansour, I'd love to see this guy on HBO against Mitchel. Mitchel and Adamek is a good bloody war. I don't see it as an easy fight for either guy. Mitchel's size, power and speed coupled with Adamek's tendency to stand fight and take punishment would be an awesome fight to watch.
sduck
I don't think Mitchell can beat the Klitschkos at all even if he gains more experience. You got to be athletic to beat the Klitschkos, I don't think most of these HWs now can beat them, if any. David Haye had a shot, but the dude was fightin scared.

I think Mitchell can definitely take on Arreola. Arreola is a come-forward fighter, likes to bang. That's exactly what Mitchell is built for. It will still be a challenging fight for him, because Arreola is a hard puncher, keeps his hands up, blocks punches. Adamek would be a tough fight for Mitchell. Adamek would try to box this dude, Mitchell didn't look too good in his last fight with Witherspoon in the first round, as long as Mitchell can catch Adamek he can control the fight, but if Adamek keeps the pace, wont be looking good for Mitchell. Mitchell has got a decent career ahead of him, but overall I don't see Mitchell becoming the next Heavyweight Sensation, like lets say Tyson... Not even close.
hitman
arreola is nothing special. i don't see why mitchell couldn't beat him.
daprofessor
they need to slow their roll with seth mitchell. continue to match him very carefully. he is years away from being ready for the klitschkos. by the time he is...they will be well into retirement. arreolla would destroy him at this point. he did a great job of coming back...but i believe a lot of his flaws have been exposed and they better select his next opponents very carefully.
Franchize
I'd like to see him fight Bryant Jennings. He's really the only Heavyweight prospect I'm impressed with.
Extant
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 29 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Stiverne wasn't that impressive when I saw him. He had many more holes than Mitchel. It would be a decent stepping stone for Mitchel on his climb. From the articles I read about Mansour, I'd love to see this guy on HBO against Mitchel. Mitchel and Adamek is a good bloody war. I don't see it as an easy fight for either guy. Mitchel's size, power and speed coupled with Adamek's tendency to stand fight and take punishment would be an awesome fight to watch.

I'd say slow down on the Mansour talks. Both of them are very solid prospects with star potential who would match up a little better after each one is well established.
Thickback
Very entertaining fight. Mitchell better get to moving that noggin before it gets taken off. Dude has good power and I like the body work he put in on Chazz. He sin't very fast but now a days, who is at HW? He is not ready for Arreola because if Chris catches him, its a wrap. But I'd love to see him vs Ademek. GBP is saying Michael Grant may be his next fight.
Franchize
It would be beautiful to see a Heavyweight fighter practice an ounce of defense/ head movement. Is that too much to ask for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.