Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friday in Boxing: Fox Deportes - No FNF
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
No FNF tonight, but Fox Deportes might have something decent on tap.

Daniel Ponce De Leon vs. Eduardo Lazcano
 @ 122lbs (or 126lbs, it's the small guys, same difference - although Ponce De Leon is a boxer worth watching, if you can, whenever he's on)

Ishe 'Sugar Shay' Smith vs. Ayi 'Bruce Lee' Bruce @ 160lbs. Seemingly worthwhile middleweight (Smith) vs. another boxer from Ghana.
Cheesey1
Rd. 3 Smith controlling the action with jabs and the odd combo.
Cheesey1
4th round stoppage by Ishe Smith. The ref stopped the bout. Very nice. Mixed in the jabs with some targeted punishers to the body and some good old fashioned bombs to the dome piece.
Cshel86
Damn what channel is it on? Streaming?

Nevermind, Im streaming it...looks like some ESPN shit is on right now...is the fight over already?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 4 2012, 11:28 PM) *

Nevermind, Im streaming it...looks like some ESPN shit is on right now...is the fight over already?

The Ishe Smith match is over and then they had a four rounder that ended in the 2nd, or something like that.
Smith looked sharp.
Cheesey1
Demetrius Andrade will be on ESPN tomorrow, but I think that I'll miss it because I want to get to the cinema early tomorrow to catch all of the undercard.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 4 2012, 11:46 PM) *
Demetrius Andrade will be on ESPN tomorrow

Yep...already missed...
Cheesey1
It's time for the main event!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 12:08 AM) *
It's time for the main event!

Man this stream has miss ESPN stuff on it, smh...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 12:13 AM) *
Man this stream has miss ESPN stuff on it, smh...

"Miss ESPN?"...ha! Does that mean it's only a matter of time before they have a Miss ABC?
Cheesey1
Ponce De Leon took the first, but Lazcano was no pushover in that round.
Cheesey1
2nd goes to Ponce De Leon. Lazcano's eaten a few solid lefts and has been outworked, but again he's had a few brief moments.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 12:17 AM) *
"Miss ESPN?"...ha! Does that mean it's only a matter of time before they have a Miss ABC?

laugh.gif

My bad, I meant "some" ESPN stuff on it. I was watching the 24/7 replay and I saw Ms. Jackson, so that "miss" was stuck in my head. My streamed is waaaay off...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 4 2012, 11:28 PM) *

Are you sure that your provider doesn't have Fox Deportes?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 12:24 AM) *
Are you sure that your provider doesn't have Fox Deportes?

I just checked, and its channel 635. Got excited and turned to it (thinking that it was the same channel that Judah/Paris came on), and nothing showed up. Looks like I need to call on Monday and threaten to cancel...just to see if they'll give me a few extra channels cool.gif
Cheesey1
Lazcano's understanding of movement seems to be only to plod forward. Ponce De Leon looks very comfortable in there. The straight right, then left is landing with ease.
Still though, Lazcano is a determined guy and is trying to hurt Ponce De Leon when he can.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 12:26 AM) *
I just checked, and its channel 635. Got excited and turned to it (thinking that it was the same channel that Judah/Paris came on), and nothing showed up. Looks like I need to call on Monday and threaten to cancel...just to see if they'll give me a few extra channels cool.gif

That sucks. Over here, on Time Warner, there's an HD and the normal one, they could at least have made sure that you had one of them.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 12:29 AM) *
they could at least have made sure that you had one of them.

Thanks for the encouragement Cheesey glare.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Thanks for the encouragement Cheesey glare.gif

Haha! Sorry man.
Cheesey1
Lazcano is really a limited boxer and is being boxed silly, but he makes the most of his chances, which means that he can be dangerous.

This is a pretty solid beat down. Ponce De Leon is landing more combos.

The Magic Man's in the crowd.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 12:36 AM) *
Lazcano is really a limited boxer and is being boxed silly, but he makes the most of his chances, which means that he can be dangerous.

This is a pretty solid beat down. Ponce De Leon is landing more combos.

The Magic Man's in the crowd.

Good stuff...I heard that Pauile could be fighting Zaveck soon...
Cheesey1
Malignaggi vs. Zaveck at 147. Got to favor Paulie in that one. It'll be interesting to see if he can score another TKO. Maybe 147 equals more power for the Magic Man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.