Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sat. afternoon boxing:McCloskey/Corley & Huck/Afolabi
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
An afternoon of boxing:

Paul "Dudey" McCloskey vs. DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley @ 140lbs. - McCloskey's got one loss and Chop Chop's still a decent veteran test. If Corley gets beaten up, maybe it's time for him to retire.

Marco 'Captain' Huck vs. Ola 'Kryptonite' Afolabi @ 200lbs - This is a rematch. Huck is defending his belt and Afolabi wants revenge for his loss to Huck a couple of years ago. The highlight of the afternoon.

Robert Stieglitz vs. Nader 'Lionheart' Hamden @ 168lbs- Said it once and I'll say it twice 168/175 is a great part of the boxing world, but Stieglitz doesn't really impress me and it looks like his opponent won't be that much of a threat. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Cheesey1
So, one K.O so far. Not listed above, but Alexander Dimitrenko vs. Kubrat Pulev. Kubrat Pulev wins by K.O.
Cheesey1
Also not listed above, but some 175lbrs are on and Dustin Dirks' is throwing a left jab that keeps catching Ulrich flush. Dirks is undefeated and that jab is sharp and powerful. (Dustin Dirks vs. Thomas Ulrich).

So, 2nd K.O of the afternoon. Dirks K.Os Ulrich, but Ulrich was the much older, shop worn boxer here. Dirks, undefeated light heavy. Could be worth watching in the future.
Cheesey1
Huck vs Afolabi - boxers are walking to the ring. Afolabi looks relaxed. Huck's made a name for himself recently and apart from being the champ, he's definitely the favourite.
Cheesey1
Round 1: Steady early part of the round. Huck's got the clamshell D, Afolabi's hands are a bit lower.
Both guys are warming up, but Afolabi's been more active. Working cautiously behind the jab.
Cheesey1
Decent right by Huck. So far the right seems to be Huck's weapon. It's still early, but first round to Afolabi.
Cheesey1
Round 2: Afolabi's jab has more purpose. Following up with the right hand.

Huck throws another monster right, which seems to have landed, but Afolabi survives and keeps it up.
Cheesey1
Did Huck just slip, or was that a knock down? Ruled as a slip.

Will Afolabi's lowered hands and Huck's monster overhand rights be a match made in heaven?

Afolabi won the second.
Cheesey1
Round 3: The bad intentions are obvious in this round. Some bombs thrown and Afolabi showed some decent body work. Huck looked a bit on the scary side there -as in big dangerous scary guy-, but Afolabi looks ready (unless he gets caught flush by one of those evil right hands).

I can't see any reason why 'Kryptonite' hasn't won the first three rounds.
Cshel86
Damn...so I scratch my ass and look up, just to see Huck fight again. He JUST fought recently...Dude wastes no time, I see.
Cheesey1
A nice uppercut and pretty impressive movement from Afolabi. Huck is still dangerous, but Afolabi seems up for the task.

Huck trying to land the uppercut and being very physical.
Cshel86
Cool arena...kinda reminds me of that "Tuff Man" competition from back in the day. laugh.gif

My bad, I was actually tuned into the McCloskey card...

Now Im on the Huck card...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:32 PM) *
Cool arena...kinda reminds me of that "Tuff Man" competition from back in the day. laugh.gif

Ha! That was back in the day. I think that I was in university the last time that I saw one of those things on T.V.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:32 PM) *

My bad, I was actually tuned into the McCloskey card...

Now Im on the Huck card...

I'm stuck on the Afolabi/Huck match. I should check out the other one.

Just checked it. The undercard on the McCloskey/Corley is average, so no need to miss any of the Huck/Afolabi clash. These guys have K.O power, so don't look away and Huck is definitely trying for the K.O.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 05:34 PM) *
I'm stuck on the Afolabi/Huck match. I should check out the other one.

Just checked it. The undercard on the McCloskey/Corley is average, so no need to miss any of the Huck/Afolabi clash. These guys have K.O power, so don't look away and Huck is definitely trying for the K.O.

Blood Diamond has some decent power, but he's a sucker for Huck's straight right and that nasty uppercut.
Cheesey1
Afolabi should keep up his hands. His movement's not bad at all, but Huck's dangerous.
Afolabi should keep on doing what he's doing, but keep up the hands.

Again, no reason to give Huck a single round so far.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:36 PM) *
Blood Diamond has some decent power, but he's a sucker for Huck's straight right and that nasty uppercut.

Yup, and he's shown the better offensive technique so far, but the straight right and uppercut are wicked.

Huck won that round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 05:39 PM) *
Yup, and he's shown the better offensive technique so far, but the straight and uppercut are wicked.

Man those lefts by Huck got some shit started in the 6th. Too bad Blood Diamond's right eye is swelling, and that uppercut by Huck had him in trouble. He's still coming forward though..
Cshel86
They're right, BD is fighting off of pure egotism no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:41 PM) *
Man those lefts by Huck got some shit started in the 6th. Too bad Blood Diamond's right eye is swelling, and that uppercut by Huck had him in trouble. He's still coming forward though..

Yup. Huck's looking like the fresher fighter now.
Cshel86
This is about the 3rd Huck fight that I've seen, and Im actually impressed.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:45 PM) *
They're right, BD is fighting off of pure egotism no2.gif

Yup.
Cshel86
DAMN!!! Great round for Huck...almost had his ass outta there...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:49 PM) *
This is about the 3rd Huck fight that I've seen, and Im actually impressed.

Huck unloaded with vicious effect there. The ref needs to do a better job of stopping the action when the bell rings.

Cheesey1
Huck looks like he could be a bit gassed and Afolabi shouldn't let him just relax until he's ready to bring the pain.

Afolabi should just keep throwing those body shots for the next round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 05:53 PM) *
DAMN!!! Great round for Huck...almost had his ass outta there...

Yup.

I think that it's close. Huck definitely has the edge, but if Afolabi can put it together in this last round, then I could see a draw.
Cheesey1
Great 12th round so far!

Nice one, gents, nice one!!!

I'd like to see a draw. I can see them giving it to Huck and no complaints from me, but I could also easily justify a draw.
Cshel86
Better round for BD, but damn, he's notoriously known for just leaving head down and backing up with his head and hands down...tighten up man!

DAMN! That last round was nasty! I have Huck edging that round because Afolabi's stance is soooo shitty and he leaves himself open to get hit with shit that he doesn't need to get hit with. Reminds me of how bad Hamed's stance was in the Barrera fight. He wasn't getting hurt that bad, but his stance gave people that idea that he was.

Those championship rounds were close though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Better round for BD, but damn, he's notoriously known for just leaving head down and backing up with his head and hands down...tighten up man!

DAMN! That last round was nasty! I have Huck edging that round because Afolabi's stance is soooo shitty and he leaves himself open to get hit with shit that he doesn't need to get hit with. Reminds me of how bad Hamed's stance was in the Barrera fight. He wasn't getting hurt that bad, but his stance gave people that idea that he was.

Those championship rounds were close though...

Yup.
Cheesey1
A draw's fair. They should make it a trilogy.

Now onto McCloskey vs. Corley.
Cshel86
A Draw? I missed the first few rounds, so I cant say much. At least that leaves Afolabi a chance for a possible rematch. I want to see Tarver/Huck in the near future.

End of the 1st for McCloskey/Corley.
Cheesey1
Rd. 2: Close stuff so far. Both guys using the jab.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 06:11 PM) *
A Draw? I missed the first few rounds, so I cant say much. At least that leaves Afolabi a chance for a possible rematch. I want to see Tarver/Huck in the near future.

End of the 1st for McCloskey/Corley.

Yeah, Afolabi won the first four. His jab and the odd uppercut did their job. Huck wasn't busy at all in those rounds.

Tarver/Huck, interesting, but if he looks crappy against Kayode, then I don't know if I'd be interested in that one.
Cshel86
That nose looks bad on McCloskey no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 06:18 PM) *
That nose looks bad on McCloskey no2.gif

Yup. Chop Chop gonna getcha. If McCloskey loses, his rep has to take a big hit.
Cheesey1
Corley's looking decent, landing pesky jabs and that nice right - but is that because McCloskey sucks?
Cheesey1
McCloskey seems to have regained his footing. Youth.

Still a close match, but Corley probably has the edge.
Cheesey1
Rd. 7 - McCloskey did some nice body work just now. He's definitely looking better now.

That right jab by McCloskey's backing up Corley.

Corley holding his ground,but McCloskey's first to the punch.
Cshel86
Dude sounds like a British Hapold Lederman. Im missin most of it because Im running back and forth trying to clean up. Corley still looks composed, but that wild swinging is gonna get him served with a left from Paul.
Cheesey1
Couldn't pay attention to 8 and 9, but so far in 10 Corley's being active.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 06:44 PM) *
Dude sounds like a British Hapold Lederman. Im missin most of it because Im running back and forth trying to clean up. Corley still looks composed, but that wild swinging is gonna get him served with a left from Paul.

Haha,who the Scottish guy? Only difference is that he actually boxed, while I don't know if Lederman did.

Wow!!! The referee stopped the fight!! Seems premature. Very premature.
Cshel86
Damn Paul was dazed, but he could've give him another shot at redemption.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 06:48 PM) *
Damn Paul was dazed, but he could've give him another shot at redemption.

Definitely.

Okay man, don't burn down the house with the fight party. Have fun and I'm 5000 (haha, old school).

Huck/Afolabi was a great start to the evening. Tonight's going to be even better!

Oh shit, i forgot about Stieglitz. Haha, looks like I'm not going anywhere just yet. Watching that one now.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 5 2012, 06:50 PM) *
Definitely.

Okay man, don't burn down the house with the fight party. Have fun and I'm 5000 (haha, old school).

Huck/Afolabi was a great start to the evening. Tonight's going to be even better!

Oh shit, i forgot about Stieglitz. Haha, looks like I'm not going anywhere just yet. Watching that one now.

As always, its cool choppin' it up with ya Cheesey! In the meantime, I'll catch yall in a couple of hours...gotta make this house look like somebody lives here and pays bills.
Cheesey1
Stieglitz vs. Hamden - Rd. 7

These rounds have been sort of even. I might even have Hamden very slightly ahead (although I missed the first half of the match).
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 5 2012, 06:56 PM) *
As always, its cool choppin' it up with ya Cheesey! In the meantime, I'll catch yall in a couple of hours...gotta make this house look like somebody lives here and pays bills.

Nice one. I won't be online, I don't think that I get a signal in the AMC, but if I do I'll definitely be online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.