Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 198 of 211 fans and press had Mayweather beating Cotto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
I collected 211 scores this week for my fightscorecollector blog (link is in the signature).

198 had Mayweather winning , most common scores 115-113 , 116-112 and 117-111

8 had Cotto winning (none from fighthype)

5 had the fight a draw (1 from fighthype - jacks1000 the main man had it 114-114)

i was able to collect 27 press scores from both sides of the Atlantic. Of this 26 had Mayweather winning but this time by wider margins 116-112 , 117-111 - not many 115-113s , only 1 member of the press Mr Suge Green of the excellent onthegrind boxing radio scored the fight a draw at 114-114.

My scorecard read 115-113 Mayweather and i was able to get 9 scores on Fighthype 8 who all thought Mayweather won.

Thanks for all your scores and please check out the blog as i have tried to explain a wee bit how i scored the fight.
BigFightFan
I think the people who scored it a draw, counted every punch cotto threw against Mayweather while he was in the ropes. The people who had cotto winning are just ignorant
leonthegee
The night of the fight I had it 8 to 4 Floyd. Watching it yesterday I scored it 9 to 3 for Floyd.
fightscoreollector
The ones that scored for Cotto i think were fans that gave him every close round. But 2 guys on another site must obviously hat Mayweather as they scored 118-110 and 117-111 Cotto , it was never anything near that score.
Franchize
Even Cotto's trainer said it was even before the 11th. Then Cotto clearly lost the last 2 rounds. I had it 9-3 for Floyd.
Kratza
I had it 117 - 110 for Mayweather
daprofessor
i had it 8-4 for floyd. i could see 7-5. i'll watch it again to see if my score changes.

daprofessor
funny how everyone was shitting on this fight and it actually turned out to be pretty good and competitive.
bMaK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2012, 04:39 PM) *
i had it 8-4 for floyd. i could see 7-5. i'll watch it again to see if my score changes.

I had it 9-3 or 10-2 both times, but more definitively the 2nd (and 3rd) time watched.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ May 7 2012, 06:08 AM) *
I think the people who scored it a draw, NEED TO PUT THE CRACKPIPE DOWN.

There you go, I fixed it for you.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2012, 04:40 PM) *
funny how everyone was shitting on this fight and it actually turned out to be pretty good and competitive.

Tell me about it. I was clearly plastered the night of the fight, so I had to go back and watch it again the next day...Im sure EVERYBODY was somewhat in a similar situation on fight night. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2012, 03:40 PM) *

That's what boxing is about

9-3 was my scorecard 8-4 is reasonable anything closer is pretty much someone who thinks bloody noses count extra. Shots to the back and elbows don't count as shots landed. But that activity won him the rounds I gave him
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 8 2012, 12:53 PM) *
That's what boxing is about

9-3 was my scorecard 8-4 is reasonable anything closer is pretty much someone who thinks bloody noses count extra. Shots to the back and elbows don't count as shots landed. But that activity won him the rounds I gave him

there weren't a lot of clean shots landed so activity is the next thing u go to. ring generalship counts as well. i don't believe floyd was on the ropes because he wanted to be and he looked very uncomfortable in comparison to what i am used to seeing. i don't think 7-5 is a stretch...but again, i scored it 8-4. floyd being bloody should count as extra. when was the last time u saw him bleed?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2012, 08:33 PM) *
There you go, I fixed it for you.

Tell me about it. I was clearly plastered the night of the fight, so I had to go back and watch it again the next day...Im sure EVERYBODY was somewhat in a similar situation on fight night. laugh.gif

i got tired of waking up with olgres so i stopped drinking. laugh.gif i thought i recorded the shit...but apparently i didn't. sad.gif
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2012, 03:40 PM) *

thats how boxing is

a fight can be looked upon as a mismatch but ends up being a great fight.

a fight can be looked upon as a 50/50 fight but ends up being a boring fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 9 2012, 12:21 AM) *
thats how boxing is

a fight can be looked upon as a mismatch but ends up being a great fight.

a fight can be looked upon as a 50/50 fight but ends up being a boring fight.

trinidad/dlh and bradley/alexander come to mind immediately.

cotto/floyd reminded me of pac/jmm3. everyone was going on about what pac would do to jmm...i knew better.

but true...that's how it is.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2012, 05:32 PM) *
trinidad/dlh and bradley/alexander come to mind immediately.

cotto/floyd reminded me of pac/jmm3. everyone was going on about what pac would do to jmm...i knew better.

but true...that's how it is.

ward/dawson but showtime shut that shit down

i wanted too see that fight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.