Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looks like Haye/Chisora is on...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ck-Chisora.html

Okay guys, Im new to reading The Sun... so let me know if this credible or not...
The Original MrFactor
I think its a good fight. Picking Chisora to stop Haye late.
mgrover
Supposedly it is but the sun isn't what id call credible at times
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 8 2012, 08:06 AM) *
Supposedly it is but the sun isn't what id call credible at times

Thanks for the update MG!
Cheesey1
Boxrec also mentioned this about a week ago, but they made sure to clarify that it's a very unsubstantiated rumour. The Sun's claim to fame is the half naked woman on Page 3 (ahh Samantha Fox....shows how old I am), but maybe there's some truth to this. Thanks for posting anyway. I really, really hope that this happens.
Cshel86
I've been reading several article over at the scene, and it looks to be the truth. Check it out...

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-haye-chi...-presser--52659

These pics are a bit comical...

Im not sure who to go for in this one. Haye is quick enough to get to Chisora's chin, but Chisora took a lot of Vitali's punches in stride. Who knows???
Cheesey1
Wow! Great news. Congrats to both camps for making this happen! Nice one!

I'm picking the Hayemaker. The HW division is coming along nicely. Let Bryant Jennings get some more exposure, Tyson Fury, Seth Mitchell etc. Welly nice!
Run and Gun Game Calls
I Hops Chisora wins for the simple fact he plans on fighting for a while. We need to build up the division
checkleft
A guy who backed up his talk and pre fight hype against a klitchko against a guy who just talked. I hope chisora messes Haye up because I don't want to see Haye near another klitchko!!!
Hotsauce
he glassed me
Cshel86
Man Team Klitschko is pure trash. Just how in the hell are they going to share their thoughts about the this fight being a disgrace and a freak show, seriously? This fight will have more buzz than any of those lathargic snoozefests that these two streetlamps have put on over the past year. Hell, before the Haye fight last July, the Klitz were still boring as shit.

Last time I checked, Chisora smacked Wlad and spit water in his brother's face, and ALL Wlad managed to do in the fight was get on his fuckin' bike most of the time. Now the British Boxing Board is pissing and moaning about the Chisroa/Haye fight moving forward. Boo hoo! Get your thumbs outta your asses! Please.

Again, this has got to be one of the more biggest HW fights this year (that doesn't involve the Klitz bros) and now they want to whine about it. What's so wrong about guys duking it out at a press conference and inadvertently promoting possibly one of the biggest HWs fight this year? That aint a disgrace to boxing, that's promotion! I love it it!

Boxing has gotten soft over the years, and it's sickening. It's almost as jacked up and as they've made the NBA and they're slowly, but surely, systematically emasculating the NFL. The Klitz can continue being sissies elsewhere...boxing fans want drama! This aint no gentlemen's sport baby!
mgrover

personally i want haye shot biggrin.gif
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 9 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Man Team Klitschko is pure trash. Just how in the hell are they going to share their thoughts about this fight being a disgrace and a freak show, seriously? This fight will have more buzz than any of those lathargic snoozefests that these two streetlamps have put on over the past year. Hell, before the Haye fight last July, the Klitz were still boring as shit.

Last time I checked, Chisora smacked Wlad and spit water in his brother's face, and ALL Wlad managed to do in the fight was get on his fuckin' bike most of the time. Now the British Boxing Board is pissing and moaning about the Chisroa/Haye fight moving forward. Boo hoo! Get your thumbs outta your asses! Please.

Again, this has got to be one of the more biggest HW fights this year (that doesn't involve the Klitz bros) and now they want to whine about it. What's so wrong about guys duking it out at a press conference and inadvertently promoting possibly one of the biggest HWs fight this year? That aint a disgrace to boxing, that's promotion! I love it it!

Boxing has gotten soft over the years, and it's sickening. It's almost as jacked up and as they've made the NBA and they're slowly, but surely, systematically emasculating the NFL. The Klitz can continue being sissies elsewhere...boxing fans want drama! This aint no gentlemen's sport baby!

word

fuck that humble shit

boxing is built for good guys and bad guys
Jack 1000
According to the BBBOC Press Release, anyone who participates in the show will have their boxing licenses REVOKED: (They also say the sanctioning bodies support this ruling:)

Story here: (Fightnews)-

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bbbc-conde...-chisora-115016

Jack

Franchize
The should have it on a card with another big fight here in the US. Open the Barclays center in BK with THAT fight!Get Paulie and Devon on the undercard.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 10 2012, 08:22 AM) *
According to the BBBOC Press Release, anyone who participates in the show will have their boxing licenses REVOKED: (They also say the sanctioning bodies support this ruling:)

Story here: (Fightnews)-

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bbbc-conde...-chisora-115016

Such bullshit! A bunch of dude's walking around with lace underwear. Im sure if Chisora generated money like the Klitz bros, then they would've granted him a boxing license by now. Hell, Mike Tyson was a bit loose upstairs and he was still able to fight, but he generated money though.
checkleft
^^ well earlier I read on boxingscene maybe? That they have already sold 17,000 tickets.
bnoles4life
This is turning out to be quite interesting. I'm wondering who is going to win this....not the actual fight, but having the "right" to fight. I agree w/ Shelly.....the K bros need to fall back and let stuff play out. I mean think about it, any buzz NOT involving them, only helps the HW division, right?
wolterb
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 11 2012, 07:03 AM) *
This is turning out to be quite interesting. I'm wondering who is going to win this....not the actual fight, but having the "right" to fight. I agree w/ Shelly.....the K bros need to fall back and let stuff play out. I mean think about it, any buzz NOT involving them, only helps the HW division, right?

I completely agree. Shocked to see such an interesting, potential fight is actually being developed. This is great news...any division, especially the heavyweight division, goes up in stock when a real grudge match like this gets signed

Jack 1000
What are the odds of Haye/Chisora dicking around with the fans, and we get a ZZZZZZZZ fest instead of a fight if it happens?

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 11 2012, 12:21 PM) *
What are the odds of Haye/Chisora dicking around with the fans, and we get a ZZZZZZZZ fest instead of a fight if it happens?

Jack

Also don't see what brought Haye-Chisora's trash talking to such a level that the BBC would threaten a ban on those participating in the fight. Tony, Mayweather, Ali, especailly Tyson, talked and did shit like this before fights. So why are Haye-Chisora's antics such a big deal to the BBBOC? Trash talk does not violate boxing bi-laws. Impose a fine maybe for misconduct. But hey, let em fight.

Jack
Cheesey1
I think that this one will deliver. Obviously there might be some concern on either guy's side about getting KTFO'd and looking like a fool, but I think this one will live up to any reasonable boxing fans expectations. Some people are never satisfied, but I think that this one will be solid.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I think that this one will deliver. Obviously there might be some concern on either guy's side about getting KTFO'd and looking like a fool, but I think this one will live up to any reasonable boxing fans expectations. Some people are never satisfied, but I think that this one will be solid.

It's about time that Heavyweight Boxing had some sort of passion or drama leading up to a fight. It could even help create some sort of relevance for Boxing as a whole. The Klit Bros. and BBBOC need to STFU and let this one run its course. I'm with you on this fight delivering Cheesey. These men genuinely do not like each other and will be very eager to make an example of one another with a memorable KO! Let em duke it out!
bMaK
Great, they had to do it after the press conference. It's going to be a huge fight, and an entertaining fight. Fuck the Klitschko's for all the bitching they did about it. These jokers fucked around and stole the all the attention away from the Klitschko-Chisora fight, which was a good fight mind you, just with their press conference beef.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 11 2012, 04:16 PM) *
It's about time that Heavyweight Boxing had some sort of passion or drama leading up to a fight. It could even help create some sort of relevance for Boxing as a whole. The Klit Bros. and BBBOC need to STFU and let this one run its course. I'm with you on this fight delivering Cheesey. These men genuinely do not like each other and will be very eager to make an example of one another with a memorable KO! Let em duke it out!

Yup. I grew up viewing boxing as a gentleman's sport i.e. you settle your differences in the ring, where there are rules and I don't think that this tarnishes it at all. Whoever is trying to pull that angle is full of it. These guys are doing the honorable thing and settling their differences in the ring (and getting paid a shit load of money..), so more power to them.
bMaK
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 05:27 PM) *
Yup. I grew up viewing boxing as a gentleman's sport i.e. you settle your differences in the ring, where there are rules and I don't think that this tarnishes it at all. Whoever is trying to pull that angle is full of it. These guys are doing the honorable thing and settling their differences in the ring (and getting paid a shit load of money..), so more power to them.

All due respect, that's bullshit. It's called a gentlemen's sport because it was run by Mob guys in suits who made deals on handshakes back in the day. That's why I hate when people talk about it's a gentlemen's sport, guys should be classy, blah, blah, blah. It's a fucking fight! These guys don't actually have differences, they're put into the ring by rich people who control the money.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 9 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Man Team Klitschko is pure trash. Just how in the hell are they going to share their thoughts about the this fight being a disgrace and a freak show, seriously? This fight will have more buzz than any of those lathargic snoozefests that these two streetlamps have put on over the past year. Hell, before the Haye fight last July, the Klitz were still boring as shit.

Great post. I was thinking the exact same thing. I like this fight...ALOT...brings some interest back to which was once the gratest divsion in sports...the Heavyweight Divison. I obviously don't agree with the postfight incident, but things happen and here we are. Make the fight...should be a barnburner. Chisora is tough...this could be interesting.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2012, 12:31 PM) *

Thanks for posting the press conference.

Frank Warren and Adam Booth said everything that I would've said, especially when Adam Booth let them have it. Stupid journalists and the rest of the self righteous ponces. As Adam said, this is exactly where any issues should be sorted out, in the ring! You don't want to watch it then don't, yet each of those clowns will be there with their press passes in July. Pathetic.
Sunni6Killer
Del Boy by KO...
Unfortunately, Haye will taste some power and put on his track shoes.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bMaK @ May 11 2012, 05:42 PM) *
All due respect, that's bullshit. It's called a gentlemen's sport because it was run by Mob guys in suits who made deals on handshakes back in the day. That's why I hate when people talk about it's a gentlemen's sport, guys should be classy, blah, blah, blah. It's a fucking fight! These guys don't actually have differences, they're put into the ring by rich people who control the money.

No offense taken, but boxing isn't just an American sport. In other countries it was generally viewed the way that I said it was. The whole concept behind the Queensberry rules, was exactly what I said. That's why there's this false sense of outrage with the U.K journalists.

I agree with what you said about the dynamics in American boxing with the mafia and there was also a racial element to the exploitation of the boxers too.
bMaK
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 06:09 PM) *
No offense taken, but boxing isn't just an American sport. In other countries it was generally viewed the way that I said it was. The whole concept behind the Quensberry rules, was exactly what I said.

All good, I'm not a subscriber though. Like I said, not knocking you, just the mantra that boxing is, and should be, a "gentelmen's sport."

No on enjoyed the Pacquiao/Mosley tap glove/hugfest.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bMaK @ May 11 2012, 06:12 PM) *
All good, I'm not a subscriber though. Like I said, not knocking you, just the mantra that boxing is, and should be, a "gentelmen's sport."

No on enjoyed the Pacquiao/Mosley tap glove/hugfest.

Cool.

Yeah, I agree re. the Mosley/Pacquaio thing, but that was a farce. Once you enter the ring, it's a war, but the rules are to be followed and once the battle is over, everything's cool. Being a gentleman doesn't mean that you have to be a punk, you just know the right time and place to kick someone's ass.
Cheesey1
Interesting that the Sun is sponsoring this. They're owned by News Corp., who own Fox and Fox just signed that deal with GB for Fox Deportes etc. Even though I'm not a fan of News Corp. good to see them making some nice investments in the Sweet Science.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2012, 12:31 PM) *

LOL! Dang MG...you can deal with Haye AFTER the fight. As Jack mentioned, it could be a snoozer (with Haye being the blame), so wait until afterwards, you may have some culprits who want to stone him death. No need to take that criminal charge alone, lol.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 11 2012, 01:21 PM) *

This never left the back of my mind. Haye doesn't like to be hit, but yet, who does? He's just serially known for stinking up the joint, so I'll leave this in my memory bank to reduce disappointment later.

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 11 2012, 05:48 PM) *
Great post. I was thinking the exact same thing. I like this fight...ALOT...brings some interest back to which was once the gratest divsion in sports...the Heavyweight Divison. I obviously don't agree with the postfight incident, but things happen and here we are. Make the fight...should be a barnburner. Chisora is tough...this could be interesting.

Same here. If they let Tyson lose his shit in the Lewis presser, and still allowed him to fight, then by all means, humanity has nothing more to be ashamed of after the Haye/Chisora fight. I think people had genuine fear of Mike, but they just think that Chisora is just stupid enough to pull off those dumb threats that he made.

Funny how nobody cried a tear after Barrera snuffed Morales in one of their pressers (cant remember which one)...maybe they knew that Erik deserved every bit of that knuckle sandwich that he more than likely asked for, due to his big mouth. laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 02:09 AM) *
LOL! Dang MG...you can deal with Haye AFTER the fight. As Jack mentioned, it could be a snoozer (with Haye being the blame), so wait until afterwards, you may have some culprits who want to stone him death. No need to take that criminal charge alone, lol.

am pissed at the wlad fight still, that money could of been spent else were
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 11 2012, 09:28 PM) *
am pissed at the wlad fight still, that money could of been spent else were

I take it that it was a PPV over there, in which is painfully obvious that you bought. laugh.gif Sorry about that, I saw it for free on this side. Money can be refunded in most cases, but lost time can never be recovered. I believe we were all losers in that fight, because Haye got broke off (financially).
mgrover
pretty much and now hes getting another payday he doesnt really deserve. hes a boring fucker no matter whats happened, most the hype for that fight was done by chisora with the whole am going to shoot you...
Jack 1000
Frank Warren is threatening legal action if the BBBOC stops the fight according to Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/warren-thr...-lawsuit-115231

Jack
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 12 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Frank Warren is threatening legal action if the BBBOC stops the fight according to Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/warren-thr...-lawsuit-115231

Jack

Nice one Frankie!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 12 2012, 05:08 AM) *
pretty much and now hes getting another payday he doesnt really deserve. hes a boring fucker no matter whats happened, most the hype for that fight was done by chisora with the whole am going to shoot you...

Well I can guess who you want to lose this fight!

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 12 2012, 03:08 PM) *

FINALLY! Somebody with some balls steps in and makes his presence known. Tired of those panty-wearing losers trying to make such a nicely- organized barbaric sport into sparring matches and fashion show press conferences.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.