Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs Garcia
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
I saw an article where merchant put the idea of this fight out there. It seems like an interesting match up and Garcia carries a lot of the same qualities Peterson does.

What do you guys Think?
leonthegee
I think its a shit fight but at least it can be a unification. Doesnt Garcia carry the WBC belt? The IBF is gonna give the title back to Khan and I cant imagine the WBA not getting in on it too.
checkleft
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 11 2012, 01:36 PM) *
I think its a shit fight but at least it can be a unification. Doesnt Garcia carry the WBC belt? The IBF is gonna give the title back to Khan and I cant imagine the WBA not getting in on it too.

Why so? I do see a possibility of a stinker because of cans reach and ahem.... Running. But lets not forget Khan now has a history of overlooking fighters ie Prescott Peterson
Cheesey1
I'd watch it. Who wins...dunnno? How good will it be...doubtful that it'll be on par with Peterson/Khan, but hey, maybe they'll surprise me.
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 11 2012, 10:42 AM) *
Why so? I do see a possibility of a stinker because of cans reach and ahem.... Running. But lets not forget Khan now has a history of overlooking fighters ie Prescott Peterson

Were talking about Danny Garcia right? I just wasnt that impressed by his last performance. I thought he looked tiny in the ring too. He needs to kick his dad to the curb and get a real trainer.
checkleft
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 11 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Were talking about Danny Garcia right? I just wasnt that impressed by his last performance. I thought he looked tiny in the ring too. He needs to kick his dad to the curb and get a real trainer.

Fair point. He did resemble a lightweight rather than a welterweight in that fight
Franchize
Am I in the minority that still wants to see Khan v Bradley?
daprofessor
easy win for khan. clear up this madness surrounding peterson and schedule that rematch soon.
Sunni6Killer
Too dangerous, fight won't happen.
Khan will take a stay busy fight, then move up.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 11 2012, 03:16 PM) *

That will probably happen right after they make the pac mayweather fight. And donaire fights mares. Or broner fights rios...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 11 2012, 04:16 PM) *

Dont worry, you'll get that, hopefully sometime after Bradley/ Pac. Well, fuck...that BobFather dude is still breathing and he hates Garter Belt Promotions, so nah...you may not get that one. Sorry bro...
Cshel86
If this fight happens, then it needs to happen soon. I hate to be pessimistic, but chances are, it wont happen. Khan doesn't have much at 140 to stick around for, so he may move up after this upcoming fight.

According the plans in his Hello Kitty planner, he was supposed to run through Lamont, then move up to WW and chase Floyd...we see how that turned out. The only reason Khan's still at 140 is because of the Peterson rematch, but again, he may move up after this upcoming fight.

Golden Boy will do it's best to preserve Garcia, so putting him in there with Khan (which is risky), is a no-go. Besides, we all saw how Danny took 2 days to engage with an old Morales, so he will have to think and engage A LOT quicker against Amir...something we haven't seen with Danny in his last couple of fights.

checkleft
After thinking about it I could see Danny Garcia being used as a stepping stone for broner to make his entrance into the welterweight scene. He's a relatively small welter and it seems like a good challenge for both, I'm sure gbp wouldn't mind sacrificing Danny for their pbf doppleganger. Just let them build a little more hype
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 12 2012, 03:25 AM) *
After thinking about it I could see Danny Garcia being used as a stepping stone for broner to make his entrance into the welterweight scene. He's a relatively small welter and it seems like a good challenge for both, I'm sure gbp wouldn't mind sacrificing Danny for their pbf doppleganger. Just let them build a little more hype

They'll make sure Garcia steers clear of anymore difficult fights, since he just Holt and Morales. No way they use Garcia as a stepping stone for Broner, especially since Broner is fighting at 130 and may soon move up to 135.

By the time a Broner/Garcia bout is even discussed, Broner will just be moving up to 140 and Garcia may very well find better opportunities at 147.
Cheesey1
Alright, so this one is happening. Cool. This is a chance for either boxer to look good. Obviously more upside for Garcia if he wins, as Khan is clearly the bigger name, but if Khan wins, not a bad scalp to have.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 23 2012, 07:57 AM) *
Alright, so this one is happening. Cool. This is a chance for either boxer to look good. Obviously more upside for Garcia if he wins, as Khan is clearly the bigger name, but if Khan wins, not a bad scalp to have.

Wow, I juuuust read that. Glad GBP is willing to put their best guys in there against each other (whether they have a name or they're tough as nails looking for a big fight).

I have to tip my hat off to Golden Boy...they have the toughest fighters on their roster, and those guys are willing to fight whoever...Alexander, Maidana, Morales, Garcia (who is looking in the face of another tough fight), Khan (simply fights whoever's put in front of him), Malignaggi, and a few others.

Can we get a Morales/Maidana rematch so Erik wont have sit back and twiddle his thumbs while everybody else fights?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 23 2012, 09:17 AM) *
Wow, I juuuust read that. Glad GBP is willing to put their best guys in there against each other (whether they have a name or they're tough as nails looking for a big fight).

I have to tip my hat off to Golden Boy...they have the toughest fighters on their roster, and those guys are willing to fight whoever...Alexander, Maidana, Morales, Garcia (who is looking in the face of another tough fight), Khan (simply fights whoever's put in front of him), Malignaggi, and a few others.

Can we get a Morales/Maidana rematch so Erik wont have sit back and twiddle his thumbs while everybody else fights?

I agree. Not siding with any promotional company, but so far GBP has done a pretty good job.

Morales/Maidana, possibly, but I'd rather see Maidana/Matthyse.
Franchize
I have to say I'm very impressed. I don't like De La Hoya but fights like this, I have to give him his props. He's putting guys, who are potential stars for his company, against each other instead of hooking Amir up with some cheesy replacement. I thought for sure we'd see a Nate Campbell, Victor Cayo , Lovemore Ndou, Michael Katsidis kinda guy in there. I wish they could have done the same with Victor but I get the concern with setting him back yet another training camp.
xxxxxx
I like this fight. I'm curious to see what the WBA & IBF decides with their belts because this fight could possibly have the WBA, IBF & WBC Belts on the line. Also if THE RING decides to move Bradley up to the welterweight divison & drop Peterson out of the Rankings because of the failed drug test we could realisticly see THE RING Belt on the line also because that would automaticly move Khan & Garcia to the #1 & #2 spots in the Jr. Welterwiehgt Divison according to THE RING. Should be interesting to see. The winner of this fight(especially Khan) could set himself up with a megafight with Mayweather in December. Mayweather-Khan in England would be huge.
wolterb
only garcia fight i've caught was the morales bout...does he have a solid chance against khan? from what i saw, garcia looked tense and apprehensive to throw. think he'll have a better outing against a fighter he may not respect as much?
xxxxxx
QUOTE (wolterb @ May 25 2012, 07:51 AM) *
only garcia fight i've caught was the morales bout...does he have a solid chance against khan? from what i saw, garcia looked tense and apprehensive to throw. think he'll have a better outing against a fighter he may not respect as much?

Garcia is a decent fighter, but he don't win this fight unless he KO's Khan which I don't see happening.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 25 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Garcia is a decent fighter, but he don't win this fight unless he KO's Khan which I don't see happening.

I agree. Im not sure how he'll do that, because he isn't ring savvy enough to get on the inside w/o brawling and he starts engaging well, but then stops in midstreak for some odd reason. Khan moves too much and punches in volumes, this fight will be nothing more than Khan circling Garcia all night.

It all depends on how Khan decides to fight. If he decides to fight head-up, then we'll get a treat. If he does the usual run, throw combinations, and run again, then let's not be surprised.
Franchize
I think its sad that Khan isnt better than he is. Freddy hasnt developed his skills. His raw talent..yes. Khan has no ring savvy though. Him and Manny are like the Clippers. Tons of explosiveness and raw talent, but when you get a few guys in there that can withstand their initial attack and slow things down (Spurs); when it becomes a battle of the minds instead of physical attributes, they struggle. When Khan throws his arsenal, he looks ultra impressive. When hes done, hes lookin around like ok whats next. Thats when he gets to that running around the ring like a circus act.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 25 2012, 08:35 PM) *
I think its sad that Khan isnt better than he is. Freddy hasnt developed his skills. His raw talent..yes. Khan has no ring savvy though. Him and Manny are like the Clippers. Tons of explosiveness and raw talent, but when you get a few guys in there that can withstand their initial attack and slow things down (Spurs); when it becomes a battle of the minds instead of physical attributes, they struggle. When Khan throws his arsenal, he looks ultra impressive. When hes done, hes lookin around like ok whats next. Thats when he gets to that running around the ring like a circus act.

I like the comparison, definitely agree. I don't think Garcia can slow it down to that popavich pace though, if anything I think this will be like the time Khan fought Paulie.
Cshel86
Still cant believe this fight was made. Are they working on unifying the titles? Any word back Amir's belts?
Sunni6Killer
Khan by schooling.
Garcia will be shock, this isn't an old Morales.
Cshel86
I dont know how much of this you guys can actually sit through, but here it goes...

Sad shit, but this is what happens when people get money. Why in the fuck did I even go to college? rolleyes_anim.gif

I wonder if Khan happens to have a rap video out there. He seems to think he's "down" from time to time. Look like he wears big chains, fitted hats, and says the 'N' word on his spare time too. cool.gif
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 30 2012, 08:37 AM) *
Still cant believe this fight was made. Are they working on unifying the titles? Any word back Amir's belts?

I'm with you Cshel. I was surprised Golden Boy made this one also, but with Peterson failing the drug test it really through a curve ball at Golden Boy and they had to get a legit guy in here for Khan. Last I heard about the World Titles is the WBA was gonna prolly vacate the Title and put it on the line, but the IBF may stay with Peterson. We should know by Mid June.
Franchize
Regardless of the outcome, I have a lot of respect for GBP for making this fight. This move was full of balls. Putting 2 guys against each other in their ascend to notoriety...guys who have a legit shot at killing each other's buzz...that's big time. That's what boxing needs! I think GBP does some shady shit, especially in the state of Texas, but this fight makes me happy lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2012, 10:22 PM) *
I dont know how much of this you guys can actually sit through, but here it goes...

Sad shit, but this is what happens when people get money. Why in the fuck did I even go to college? rolleyes_anim.gif

I wonder if Khan happens to have a rap video out there. He seems to think he's "down" from time to time. Look like he wears big chains, fitted hats, and says the 'N' word on his spare time too. cool.gif

the videos kids make these days...i don't think they realize this shit stays in cyber space. there's no retracting any of this shit. laugh.gif

as for this fight being made....everyone is cashing out because the world is going to end in december. sad.gif
The Original MrFactor
Hey boxing GODS at TOP Rank and GoldenBoy... This fight sucks!!! Not one I want to see. Why wasnt the matchup made between Ortiz and Khan?? Last weeks card with Tarver also sucked!! Was looking forward to Peterson/Khan 2 and Ortiz/berto 2. 2 guys fucked that up. I have no interest in this fight or the fight that Ortiz has coming up. It jut made too much sense that a fan friendly fight between 2 known fan friendly fighters be made. How fucking stupid is boxing these days. To top it off, Showtime let Froch and Bute fall between the cracks ti the Epix network. Its been a frustrating month. Thank you Floyd Mayweather for putting a decent PPV worthy card together a few weeks back.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 5 2012, 05:55 AM) *
I'm with you Cshel. I was surprised Golden Boy made this one also, but with Peterson failing the drug test it really through a curve ball at Golden Boy and they had to get a legit guy in here for Khan. Last I heard about the World Titles is the WBA was gonna prolly vacate the Title and put it on the line, but the IBF may stay with Peterson. We should know by Mid June.

Im glad that they're "giving the fans what they want", but I hope it doesn't backfire on them (business-wise). Hopefully Khan and Garcia makes it a nasty fight that makes both of them look good, regardless of the winner. That way, they can go their separate ways in good fashion and make GBP more money before they rematch...thats IF this first fight is worth watching again.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 5 2012, 07:01 PM) *
the videos kids make these days...i don't think they realize this shit stays in cyber space. there's no retracting any of this shit. laugh.gif

as for this fight being made....everyone is cashing out because the world is going to end in december. sad.gif

Tell me about it, lol. Hopefully promoters are trying to make up for this terrible first half of 2012...well, we cant say its terrible yet...let's see how this Saturday's main event goes.
Cshel86
Khan:
H: 5'10
R: 24 1/2 in

Garcia:
H: 5'8 1/2
R: 23 in

Im giving this one to Khan. I dont necessarily agree with his style of fighting (circling turns to flat-out running), but he does start faster than Garcia. The only time I've actually seen Garcia mount an offense is when his guy is against the ropes or in the corner. He's a decent counter puncher, but he sometimes waits too long to counter...this is something that Khan will take advantage of.

Unless Garcia has this wild ass game plan that consists of swamping Khan with activity, Khan will easily outpoint him and impress the judges with his pitty-pat punches. Peterson attempted (and was mostly successful) with keeping his head in Khan chest all night, and going to the body...again, I haven't seen Garcia implement an effective gameplan in fights...he just stands there and waits to counter.

Khan by wide decision...unless Danny can walk/run him down without working against himself.
checkleft
Why am I getting thanked?? Haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2012, 08:51 PM) *
Why am I getting thanked?? Haha

Lol, because you opened the thread. I just added a poll...didn't want ya to think I hijacked your thread. laugh.gif
checkleft
I forgot I even did that lol. Good looking out though
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2012, 09:37 PM) *
I forgot I even did that lol. Good looking out though

Anytime Check! You gotta be on the board Saturday night to talk some shit with us. Speaking of talking shit...where's PimpfighterROQ??? That motherfucker is the king of shit-talking on fight night! The most hilarious shit ever!
checkleft
I'll try but idk if I'm gonna make it home in time for the fight, gotta bball tournament in sonora most of Saturday. I was real interested in watching how Garcia would come out too
Jack 1000
Khan by close decision,

I don't think Garcia is the pushover that people think he is! Khan wins, but he better not be overlooking this guy. And Khan, rematch Maidana, whom I believe and many others, you should have lost that war!

Jack

PS. The judges may have it close because of Garcia being undefeated, and how willing will they be to let that "O" go? Could Garcia get close rounds because of this?
Jack 1000
Shoot!

I messed up a merger. The other stuff on the Khan-Garcia fight should be here. Sorry!

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...10&start=10

Jack
Cshel86
Messed up a merger??? Are you losing your edge Mr. Plato? cool.gif

Seriously though, Im not sure if the scorecards will favor Garcia in this one, if it comes to that. Khan is the one whose supposed to be a star here, Garcia just got his hand raised in his recent fight against Morales, and was supposed to be somewhat protected and built up by GBP. Wait a minute, Garcia DID just get his hand raised against Morales in TEXAS....okay I get your point about the scorecards favoring Danny.
Jack 1000
Here is the Khan-Garcia video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_yozKPALNE...player_embedded

I am bringing the comments over here to correct the merger issue. CShell made the following comments about the video:

Khan's portion wasn't bad either. Im so used to seeing documentaries on him, that's why it sparked no interest the first time around. However, after watching it, I was actually entertained by a few things:

1. Khan's secret feeling of disdain towards Roach giving Manny more time than him. He acknowledged the obvious reason why Roach gives Manny more time, but he still seemed a bit bothered by it. (Check that part out)
2. Khan just seemed like he had a lot of shit bottled up, and is ready to explode at any moment. (Very interesting)
3. He seemed to be getting tired of being away from home, and not being recognized as the fighter that he pushes to be.

Overall, good stuff!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 13 2012, 05:58 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_yozKPALNE...player_embedded

Here is the Khan-Garcia video

I am bringing the comments over here to correct the merger issue. CShell made the following comments about the video:

Khan's portion wasn't bad either. Im so used to seeing documentaries on him, that's why it sparked no interest the first time around. However, after watching it, I was actually entertained by a few things:

1. Khan's secret feeling of disdain towards Roach giving Manny more time than him. He acknowledged the obvious reason why Roach gives Manny more time, but he still seemed a bit bothered by it. (Check that part out)
2. Khan just seemed like he had a lot of shit bottled up, and is ready to explode at any moment. (Very interesting)
3. He seemed to be getting tired of being away from home, and not being recognized as the fighter that he pushes to be.

Overall, good stuff!

DaProfessor says about the video:

i saw the khan piece. i took a few things from it...

1. who are the clowns working with him? zero knowledge...he obviously doesn't respect what they ask of him.

2. he seemed to be very intent on sitting in the pocket and trading with his sparring partner who looks much smaller than garcia and actually fights nothing like him.

3. he was getting hit with plenty of shots and seemed to be loading up on everything he threw.

4. when u go for the knock out...u get knocked out.

i get the feeling he's tired. 2 camps....1 fight. the disappointment of his last fight falling out. traveling the world...uk...philippines....back to the u.s. it can all be very draining. ask linares. freddie has stated that he wants amir to go forward more and that khan needs to knock garcia out because he feels they're going to cheat them out of a decision. i believe he's setting khan up for failure. if khan boxes...he may score a very easy victory. if he chooses to stay in the pocket and bang....he's going to get put to sleep. he has let garcia's dad get under his skin. that was one of the main things i noticed in the video. it's not looking good for khan.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 13 2012, 06:02 PM) *
DaProfessor says about the video:

i saw the khan piece. i took a few things from it...

1. who are the clowns working with him? zero knowledge...he obviously doesn't respect what they ask of him.

2. he seemed to be very intent on sitting in the pocket and trading with his sparring partner who looks much smaller than garcia and actually fights nothing like him.

3. he was getting hit with plenty of shots and seemed to be loading up on everything he threw.

4. when u go for the knock out...u get knocked out.

i get the feeling he's tired. 2 camps....1 fight. the disappointment of his last fight falling out. traveling the world...uk...philippines....back to the u.s. it can all be very draining. ask linares. freddie has stated that he wants amir to go forward more and that khan needs to knock garcia out because he feels they're going to cheat them out of a decision. i believe he's setting khan up for failure. if khan boxes...he may score a very easy victory. if he chooses to stay in the pocket and bang....he's going to get put to sleep. he has let garcia's dad get under his skin. that was one of the main things i noticed in the video. it's not looking good for khan.

CShel Says:

I have no reason to disagree with you Professor. Didn't Ortiz just have two camps and got in there looking crazy against Lopez? I also noticed how he didn't even listen to his corner people (S & C coach, and Roach's assistant), and yes, he was getting wacked by the smaller sparring partner. It was almost like he was trying to convince himself of something that he didn't have to prove.

Something just doesn't seem right about Amir nowadays, as well as his camp situation. I remember somebody here (could've been you) that said Khan needs a trainer that will give him all of his time, and bring out the skills in him to help him fight like the bigger fighter (something along those lines). Just listening to him talk and the circumstances in which this fight was announced, may play a BIG role in the outcome.

If anything, Khan's segment raised more questions than answers. I may not be the biggest Khan fan, but I would hate to see this dude's career fall short because of some bullshit. He's destined to be a big star in the sport (to some degree), and that's desperately needed in this sport full of personality-deficient fighters.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 13 2012, 06:03 PM) *
CShel Says:

I have no reason to disagree with you Professor. Didn't Ortiz just have two camps and got in there looking crazy against Lopez? I also noticed how he didn't even listen to his corner people (S & C coach, and Roach's assistant), and yes, he was getting wacked by the smaller sparring partner. It was almost like he was trying to convince himself of something that he didn't have to prove.

Something just doesn't seem right about Amir nowadays, as well as his camp situation. I remember somebody here (could've been you) that said Khan needs a trainer that will give him all of his time, and bring out the skills in him to help him fight like the bigger fighter (something along those lines). Just listening to him talk and the circumstances in which this fight was announced, may play a BIG role in the outcome.

If anything, Khan's segment raised more questions than answers. I may not be the biggest Khan fan, but I would hate to see this dude's career fall short because of some bullshit. He's destined to be a big star in the sport (to some degree), and that's desperately needed in this sport full of personality-deficient fighters.

Franchize Says: (about the video)

Thanks alot Cshel. Both docs were brilliantly done. Unlike your typical HBO ones, they didnt try to mold your opinion about either guy. At first, I thought Khan was going to outclass Garcia but now Im not so sure. I think Khan having two trsining camps may hurt him in this fight. He looks like he is becoming bored and he is practicing bad habits. He was taking some thunder from that sparring partner. I know one shouldnt take too much from a sparring session because you dont know what the fighter n trainer are working on. One problem tgat has always worried me about Khan however is, while I love his lightning quick attack, when hes done firing, he pulls str8 back to seperate. So many fighters dont know what to do when theyre done dishing it out to where they almost accept receiving punishment as the norm. He is the biggest culprit. I also saw Garcia being patient n setting his man up to get the punch he wanted to get off. He paid dividends by being focus in his attack. When he targeted the body for instance, he made sure to wait for said opening and when it presented itself, he delivered. I think this fight will come down to which fighter is more intelligent when theyre at rest. In other words, which fighter handles themselves responsibly when they ARENT throwing. I also see body punching, especially from Garcia, playing a huge role in this fight. I think the body shots wilk open up both fighters respective hooks. Am I alone in this observation or did you guys see some of the same things?
Jack 1000
Daprofessor says:

just watched danny's video. good shit. i know a lot of ppl were offended by a lot of the shit danny's pops talked...but they have to understand...this is what puerto ricans do...talk shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

danny is a solid dude. he's nothing special or flashy...but he's getting the job done. i'm not counting him out in this fight. i think he has a very good chance of winning. hearing him and his pops story makes u wanna root for them. they're not bad ppl but to read some of the posts on some of these websites..where ppl are wishing death on this man. c'mon!? really? it's a fight man! danny is NOT very vocal. his pops can't be quiet. he's proud of his son and he helped to mold the kid. i'd be pretty loud and obnoxious too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Jack 1000
Da Proessor Says:

i've said similar things about linares and other fighters in that stable. the same holds true for khan. it's a blessing and a curse. u want to have a world class trainer like freddie or even manny steward...but these guys are in high demand and have very limited time. unfortunately, high caliber fighters suffer as a result. i can go down a very long list of guys who thought they'd be getting first class training...and end up working with "assistants" who have absolutely no clue.

i think everyone has great intentions....and yes, amir has star qualities....but not everyone is meant to be a star. these things cannot be forced. they have to happen in their time. we'll see if amir is meant to be a star or not.

CShel Responds:

Good stuff!

Its just something about Khan. In his biggest fights, he always seems to come up short, or almost lose grip.

Kotelnik - Cant really remember this fight, but obviously he won. Credit to him
Malignaggi - Credit to him, he won that won with ease
Maidana - Dude controlled the fight until the 10th round, and almost blew it.
McCloskey - just didn't look all that great
Judah - he beat a short, shot, fighter who couldn't get off. Credit to him making the most of the situation.
Peterson - Biggest fight of his career, and he came up short.

It's just something about his fights that doesn't seem "complete". Again, he starts well, then it seems like he runs out of shit to do from middle rounds on. He has what it takes, but Freddie needs to find a way to bring it out of him, or somebody else does.

After the Prescott fight, he went straight to Roach, but didn't appear to do anything different...he just reaped the benefits of the stardom from Roach and Pac. It seems like they never took enough time with this guy, and he has waaaay too much potential to be put on the backburner. The Maidana fight saved his rep in regards to his chin, but everything else in his arsenal seemed to remain stationary.
Jack 1000
Da Professor Says:

very good assessment.

kotelnik was tailor made for amir.

paulie didn't bring any real pop...amir was faster and stronger.

maidana was another tailor made guy for amir but he was very determined and didn't stop coming.

mcloskey...he didn't have alex ariza...he looked pretty flat.

judah...i actually thought judah could have beat him but he was too defensive in that fight. plus he chose to act instead of fight. that lowblow wasn't that bad.

peterson beat him and exposed a lot of what i already knew.

khan is very limited and ripe for the taking.

if my memory serves me correctly....he went to freddie before the prescott fight and ended up choosing to work with the cuban instead. i thought it was a mistake back then because most of the cuban coaches that defected had little or no experience in the pros. he came back after the loss. in the beginning...i was seeing the little things they were adding to his arsenal to get him back on track...and he was very inclined to listen because he was coming off that embarrassing loss. i believe his success with freddie has been more about careful opponent selection than any increase in skill set. he stopped adding to his arsenal and seems to rely on the little skill he has and mainly on his physical gifts. the thing about the wildcard....it's a lion's den....a snake pit. eyes are always watching....so u have to stay on top of ur game. everyone wants to be noticed or make their name off of one of freddies guys...or they are hoping to be chosen by freddie. as a result, there isn't a lot of going back to the drawing board to square one to teach a guy important lessons he may have missed along the way. doing that would make a high caliber guy like amir vulnerable to the vultures standing by. freddie has to protect what i believe to be a very fragile ego so that isn't an option for amir. the things that he needs to learn cannot be mastered in an 8 week camp. it takes year round focus and dedication. at some point....they run out of perfect opponents and the fighter faces defeat. he needs to go back to school to get the lessons he missed.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 13 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Messed up a merger??? Are you losing your edge Mr. Plato? cool.gif

Seriously though, Im not sure if the scorecards will favor Garcia in this one, if it comes to that. Khan is the one whose supposed to be a star here, Garcia just got his hand raised in his recent fight against Morales, and was supposed to be somewhat protected and built up by GBP. Wait a minute, Garcia DID just get his hand raised against Morales in TEXAS....okay I get your point about the scorecards favoring Danny.

Yes, WBC might want to make a push for the next developing star, just because Danny is undefeated. Khan's got those loses, although the Peterson one was controversial, there is still the Prescott bliz from the first fight. Danny has no blemishes and the powers that be often like undefeated fighters to stay that way.

Jack
mgrover
Khan looks very ripped, I wonder how that will effect him fight time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.