Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ShoBox Card (Jhonson vs Nelson)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I just read the description on my television and it read, "Jhonson vs Hernandez". I saw weigh-in pics, and no sign of Hernandez, so Willie Nelson it is. After last weekend's event, I figured I could make it through this weekend without boxing and wait until the 19th, but all thanks goes to Lamont for those plans falling through.

I haven't been interested in PPV replays since I've had DVR, so no fun there. I guess the decent fight begin on June 2nd (Tarver/Kayode quadruple-header), Bradley/Pac the following weekend, Chavez/Lee the week after that, then Berto/Ortiz on the 23rd.

No FNF tonight either...thanks the punk ass NBA, no hating there. Guess we can chop it with the Jhonson/Nelson fight later. Who knows, it could be a barn burner, since Showtime Championship Boxing and ShoBox never fail to disappoint.
Cheesey1
Since my Knicks are out of the playoffs, I'm not interested in the playoffs either. After some intense negotiations, I'm being allowed to watch boxing. The lady giveth and the lady taketh...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 09:09 PM) *
After some intense negotiations, I'm being allowed to watch boxing. The lady giveth and the lady taketh...

Looks like you took the smaller split of the purse, huh? laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Looks like you took the smaller split of the purse, huh? laugh.gif

Yeah, she's the draw, so gotta be humble....

I thought that it started at 10, but it starts at 11.
Cheesey1
Oh shit, Tyson's walking out with Badou Jack. Cool.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Oh shit, Tyson's walking out with Badou Jack. Cool.

Yep, straight up looking like he's on Spring Break laugh.gif I wonder how it was hanging out with Tyson back in the day...drugs, prostitutes, fame, etc.

FYI: I totally missed the first round...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Yep, straight up looking like he's on Spring Break laugh.gif I wonder how it was hanging out with Tyson back in the day...drugs, prostitutes, fame, etc.

FYI: I totally missed the first round...

Yup, spring break and a few shots of patron in his system...

Badou Jack won the first round. Some nice jabs, didn't hurt Brand, but definitely made him retreat.

Martinez' trainer's a popular guy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Yup, spring break and a few shots of patron in his system...

Badou Jack won the first round. Some nice jabs, didn't hurt Brand, but definitely made him retreat.

Badou's right hand seems a bit monsterous, but it hasn't bit home yet.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:19 PM) *
Badou's right hand seems a bit monsterous, but it hasn't bit home yet.

True. Some decent movement from Brand.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:22 PM) *
True. Some decent movement from Brand.

I agree! I like his movement when he avoid punches, NOT when he throws them. When he throws, he looks like a kid fighting on the playgorund...leaving his head straight up.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:23 PM) *
I agree! I like his movement when he avoid punches, NOT when he throws them. When he throws, he looks like a kid fighting on the playgorund...leaving his head straight up.

Fo sheezey!
Cshel86
Jack's looking a bit sloppy and allowing Brand to get confident in there.
Cshel86
Well...good round for Jack.

Jesus! That ring girl was hot!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:31 PM) *
Well...good round for Jack.

Jesus! That ring girl was hot!

Yes, better by Jack, but so far Brand's got the edge. Awkward style, but he's looking more effective.

She definitely was, grill was a tad bit off, but my name's Cheesey1, not Picky1...(I stand corrected, re. her grill, maybe it was just the angle).

Jack's jab's clearly superior (as it should be, taller guy), but I guess that Brand's activity and wacky movement is messing that up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:35 PM) *
She definitely was, grill was a tad bit off, but my name's Cheesey1, not Picky1...

laugh.gif

Good one!

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:35 PM) *
but I guess that Brand's activity and wacky movement is messing that up.

Reminds me a bit of Carlos Maussa
Cheesey1
Nice 8th round.
Cshel86
That left by Jack is fuckin' nasty!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:39 PM) *
laugh.gif

Good one!

Reminds me a bit of Carlos Maussa

I don't think that I've ever watched Carlos Maussa.

Definitely a close match. Either Brand by a whisker, or a draw. I preferred the boxing style of Jack, but didn't like his inactivity and lack of combos early on.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:43 PM) *
I preferred the boxing style of Jack, but didn't like his inactivity and lack of combos early on.

Brand was supposed to sweep this guy...but shit happens in boxing. Like you said, his inactivity in the part of the fight may have played a part.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:48 PM) *
Brand was supposed to sweep this guy...but shit happens in boxing. Like you said, his inactivity in the part of the fight may have played a part.

Is the 'Il Santo' endorsed Henny kicking in already, because did you mean to say that Jack was supposed to sweep Brand instead of what you typed?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:52 PM) *
Is the 'Il Santo' endorsed Henny kicking in already, because did you mean to say that Jack was supposed to sweep Brand?

Just judging by the entrance and the hype, one would think that Jack was supposed to get Brand out of there. I know that utter of the word "sweep" has gotten you northerners all uptight! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
Hey Willie, where's Julio?

"To all the girls I've loved before, who've traveled in and out my door"
"I'm glad they came along, I dedicate this song.."
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 11 2012, 11:57 PM) *
Just judging by the entrance and the hype, one would think that Jack was supposed to get Brand out of there. I know that utter of the word "sweep" has gotten you northerners all uptight! laugh.gif

Ha!!! Technically it wasn't a sweep. We were depleted by injuries, damn it!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 11 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Ha!!! Technically it wasn't a sweep. We were depleted by injuries, damn it!

Yeah, that possible sweep had you northerners sweating under your necks like an unanticipated 6-hour service at a Baptist church.
Cshel86
He hurt Jhonson with that left!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:02 AM) *
Yeah, that possible sweep had you northerners sweating under your necks like an unanticipated 6-hour service at a Baptist church.

Ha! I stand by my "depleted by injury" comments, so I'm just glad that we actually won one (lowered expectations).

Damn, this second round's nice. The first wasn't bad, but the second's all action.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:04 AM) *
He hurt Jhonson with that left!

Yeah. Great second round.

The knockdown was from a right.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 12 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Yeah. Great second round.

The knockdown was from a right.

Both of them were hurt, but Jhonson actually folded and showed it.
Cshel86
SHIT!!!
Cheesey1
This time Willie gets sent to the canvas! Ay caramba, that left landed flush!

Good stuff so far. Very entertaining and some nice technique so far. Not perfect, but I like both of their styles.

Things have slowed down quite a bit.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:13 AM) *
SHIT!!!

Yup. Explosive!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 12 2012, 12:14 AM) *
This time Willie gets sent to the canvas! Ay caramba, that left landed flush!

Good stuff so far. Very entertaining and some nice technique so far. Not perfect, but I like both of their styles.

Man that shot blew my buzz...time to get tipsy again!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Man that shot blew my buzz...time to get tipsy again!

Ha! What, the I.V got disconnected?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 12 2012, 12:21 AM) *
Ha! What, the I.V got disconnected?

Yup!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:24 AM) *
Yup!

Nice! Efficiency at its finest.
Cheesey1
I've got Nelson ahead. Close match, but Nelson's pulling ahead.
Cshel86
Nice 8th round by Nelson (mid-way through)...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:30 AM) *
Nice 8th round by Nelson (mid-way through)...

Nelson's impressed me since he got knocked down. Jhonson's been looking for that left a bit too much and not taking Nelson out of his comfort zone.

Definitely, nice 8th round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 12 2012, 12:32 AM) *
Nelson's impressed me since he got knocked down. Jhonson's been looking for that left a bit too much and not taking Nelson out of his comfort zone.

Yep, that "one big shot" syndrome...something Berto has a big case of.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Yep, that "one big shot" syndrome...something Berto has a big case of.

Indeed, but I'd watch Jhonson again because of his accuracy.
Cshel86
Man these last-minute opponents are showing their asses this year! Campillo, Nunez, Nelson....just to name a few.
Cheesey1
Nicely done by Nelson. No way did Jhonson win tonight, but by no means is he a bum.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:36 AM) *
Man these last-minute opponents are showing their asses this year! Campillo, Nunez, Nelson....just to name a few.

Definitely.

I'm out and on behalf of my Knicks "next season NBA, next season..."
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 12 2012, 12:39 AM) *
Nicely done by Nelson. No way did Jhonson win tonight, but by no means is he a bum.

Man, what did I tell you about these last-minute opponents? Good job for Nelson...I almost forgot that they were even with those knockdowns that they traded earlier in the fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2012, 12:41 AM) *
Man, what did I tell you about these last-minute opponents? Good job for Nelson...I almost forgot that they were even with those knockdowns that they traded earlier in the fight.

Yup. Good stuff because if the last minute opponent was always a bum then the sport would suffer.
daprofessor
sounds like a typical showtime card. good shit. i missed it. sad.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 03:10 PM) *
sounds like a typical showtime card. good shit. i missed it. sad.gif

We gotta get you on here on a Friday night man, lol. It's usually me and Cheesey for the most part, with a guest appearance by BFF laugh.gif Yall are crazy about that BFF stuff, but FightFan is my dude ok.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.