Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anthony Dirrell injured in accident...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-dirrell...-out-six--52775

According to the article, Dirrell has been hurt in a motorcycle accident and has broken a leg and an arm. It looks that he will be out for about 6 months, and that's unfortunate, being the fact that he missed 2 years due to a serious illness.

Anyway, it looks that he is okay after his surgery...

Thoughts?
checkleft
This year has been terrible for boxing..
Hotsauce
that sucks
Cshel86
The Dirrell brothers have had the worst of luck lately. Well, let me rephrase that...Anthony Dirrell has had the worst of luck lately. As I mentioned, his illness kept him out of the ring about 2 years, then this shit happens. His brother pretty much made his own bed by faking an injury to avoid fighting his friend (Andre Ward).
daprofessor
damn! that sucks. what is it with fighters and motorcycle accidents!? corrales, julio gonzales...and now dirrell. thank god he's alive.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 03:02 PM) *
damn! that sucks. what is it with fighters and motorcycle accidents!? corrales, julio gonzales...and now dirrell. thank god he's alive.

Yeah those motorcycles are no jokes. I bought a mountain bike last weekend, and almost took myself out while trying to change a song on my iPod in mid motion...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2012, 07:15 PM) *
Yeah those motorcycles are no jokes. I bought a mountain bike last weekend, and almost took myself out while trying to change a song on my iPod in mid motion...

i ride a motorcycle very often and i credit my prior boxing experience with being a great rider. i don't get how these athletes are crashing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 08:54 PM) *
i don't get how these athletes are crashing.

Hell, who knows. I believe Chico had been drinking, if Im not mistaken. I remember them mentioning his blood alcohol level, and I dont know if it was over the limit or what. I guess the whole excitement of an adrenaline rush that comes with riding, usually exceeds a rider's sense of caution. Surely that's not the case with every rider, but damn...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.