Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley/Pacquiao Face-Off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86

Sigh...

Thoughts?
p4pcrown
Boring....Bradley tried to make it interesting but there was too much friendly laughter. However i am looking forward to the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ May 13 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Boring....Bradley tried to make it interesting but there was too much friendly laughter. However i am looking forward to the fight.

Yep, as short on interesting words as Bradley was, he just couldn't break the ice. Roach just kills me with the whole idea that he moonlights on speaking for Manny, since Manny cant think of his opponent as nothing but "handsome" and he hopes to "give the fans a great fight".

I mean seriously, Kellerman is known for asking bogus questions at times, but he actually made a gallant effort to improve, and these guys' level of excitement could easily be compared to watching a sleepy old man in a rocking chair, rock back and forth until all momentum is gone.

Kellerman was asking the same questions, but rewording them, and these guys still had nothing to offer. Tim's constant rebuttal and packages of "ya know", "I dont know man", and "we'll see"...got boring quick.

Fighting and possibly beating a top (marketable) fighter, comes with great responsibility and expectations...especially if he wins. Diaz did nothing more than draw more clouds of "point at my fighter and laugh", with all of those dumb comments he made about starting slow so Tim wont get caught cold and KO'd. That shit happens to all fighters if they aren't careful, so another answer would've been suitable, especially for a fighter that's been saying a bunch of "ifs" and "we hopes" the whole time.

Anytime fighters and their trainers have to be present during a Face-Off, it usually spells "boring" and "my fighter has no wordplay"...why did I expect anything different? Kellerman was okay this time...
MaxPayne
As I watched this installment, all I could think of is, "They're seriously going to have a full 4 episode 24/7 show for these 2 ?"

Sitting in court, waiting for jury duty is less boring than the bullshit we witnessed right here. I mean, come on man, this was downright horrendous in terms of building any kind of excitement.
Run and Gun Game Calls
One thing I have always been curious about though, and after watching that it brought it back to mind, What is Pacquio really thinking. I dont know if its an act, Pacs culture and upbringing or what, but alot of times his smile and kind words do not fit what i see in his eyes. Watching that I get the feeling Pac was looking at Bradley with bottled rage, and I have seen Pac like that many times.

IS he a Phoney as far as the nice guy act goes? I dont know, but look at the mans eyes, sometimes his words do not meet the expression.

Hotsauce
i hate when they bring the trainers
pimpfighterROQ
At least Kellerman didnt make them stand up and do a role play of how theyre going to punch each other like last time...
xxxxxx
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ May 13 2012, 04:16 PM) *

Yeah I concur. Not much excitement thus far, but still looking forword to the fight.
Jhill47
Man I really hate Freddie Roach. Let him tell it they're going to knock out everybody.
Franchize
This was wack.

Roach did his typical "we're gonna knock him out" line.

Manny made it completely suspect.

Bradley made a concerned effort to not be the Bradley he was when the fight was 1st announced. He wanted everyone to know he wasn't going to just get a check which was comforting but ultimately, he couldnt muster the anger enough to make it compelling.

I can't take Joel Diaz' eyes. Cocked like a pistol lol I cant even focus when he talks but he did seem to not be feeding into the love fest.

Max was struggling but giving a valiant effort to make the whole situation compelling but to no avail.

All in all, I think this just showed everyone that it's going to be a boring 24/7
BigFightFan
I see it different from you guys, I actually think Bradley will add some entertainment to the 24/7. His dad seems like an interesting character who they can focus on in the series. If the Mayweather/ pacquia fight ever happens I wonder how manny will handle the confrontation and trash talk from Mayweather during the face off.
iKeNjiro
Yea Bradley had that look in his eye's
and that kept me watching, He seemed like he wants to hurt Manny

Anyone else catch those looks he was giving Manny and Freddy?
mrchitown
It was pure trash. Roach is Geppetto and Pacquiao is pinocchio. If he had one original thought in his life it would be the first, and Bradley needs to stop sucking Floyd's dick. Everytime he gets interviewed, it's like clockwork, he drops a Mayweather line. "28 have tried, and 28 have failed" And this is comng from a guy who a year or so ago I believe made a statement to the effect that he didn't even like Mayweather. I believe Bradley pulls off the upset in the fight, but I wish June 9th could just get here already instead of listening to these zombies talk
checkleft
Bradley is acting like a fool. Completely not himself, his face off he had with devon I thought he did a awesome job of completely mind Fucking Alexander. This character hes tryin to play is wack, he should have never switched up from his completely focused dedicated and confident demeanor I thought it fit his whole backstory and fighting style very well.
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 13 2012, 11:27 PM) *
It was pure trash. Roach is Geppetto and Pacquiao is pinocchio. If he had one original thought in his life it would be the first, and Bradley needs to stop sucking Floyd's dick. Everytime he gets interviewed, it's like clockwork, he drops a Mayweather line. "28 have tried, and 28 have failed" And this is coming from a guy who a year or so ago I believe made a statement to the effect that he didn't even like Mayweather. I believe Bradley pulls off the upset in the fight, but I wish June 9th could just get here already instead of listening to these zombies talk

LMAO that's become the new thing. Take Floyd quotes and adopt them as your own.

Adrien Broner: "All work is easy work"
Tim Bradley: "28 have tried and 28 have failed" (actually doesn't he have a no contest? lol)
Bradley: "We just gotta go in there and execute the gameplan"
sduck
Everyone wants to be Floyd, he's the Ali of this era.

I won't be watching 24/7. Only exciting part about Pacquiao are his fights, boring dude. Bradley is trying to calm his demeanor because hes in the spotlight now against a highly respected athlete.
Jovi
Bradley looks like he really wants to be at the top, and he knows he has to pac to do it.....Before i was skeptical about Bradley before watching the face-off, he looks serious. On top of that, i will agree with roach on how this will be a war, hopefully Bradley can take some hits and FIGHT BACK, i dont wanna see no more clotteys. Pac better come to fight!, i really really wanna see Mayweather/pacquiao, atleast a face-off if they dont fight haha.

Bradley does jock floyd a lot, i heard him say his lines even in the same tone haha. Shits lame...I like how Pacquaio said "I will pray for you", but i wish it was more aggressive. Manny never looks like he wants to box anymore sad.gif, he only said like 5 sentences.

Hotsauce
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2012, 09:15 AM) *

Tim Bradley: "28 have tried and 28 have failed" (actually doesn't he have a no contest? lol)

i wouldn't be surprised if another boxer says "hard work, dedication"
Franchize
Pacquiao called his opponent handsome and told him he's going to pray for him. If that doesn't get you hyped about the fight...well then join the club lol

I was watching the new Lampley show and I thought Arum kinda took an underhanded jab at Pacquiao. Maybe Pacquiao's lifestyle will make him less ferocious but far be it from me to begrudge a man from wanting to better himself. He was talking about Pacquiao's praying regimen like it was a drug addiction.
Cshel86
Why did I even watch this again? I'm somewhat ready to will see how the first 24/7 plays out though. I honestly believe that a fight of this caliber, came a bit too soon for Tim (in regards to him being established as a draw, or at least a guy with a personality)...but yet, there's no opportunity like the present, so it is what it is.

If Bradley does some "deep-cutting" trash talk, for example, talking about Manny's hypocrisy or inflated nice guy image, then we'll have a show. Sadly, Timmy is jus one of those lethargic, boring, no-personality-having fighters, with the "I just wanna fight" attitude.

That's a suitable attitude to have if you're headlining a B.A.D. card, but c'mon Timmy, this is PPV and obviously it's your time to give the world a chance to become familiar with who you are...before the first bell rings.

I know it may seem like Im bashing Tim, but honestly, Im not. All of this is coming from frustration of an African American fighter not taking full advantage of camera time and promotion...since African American fighters dont have the market in boxing, that they once did. He doesn't have to act uneducated and so forth, but c'mon Timmy...it's PPV daawwg.

Tim is a determined fighter with a bunch of heart, but I dont make predictions based off of the intangibles. He looks to want to hurt Manny, but if he tries too hard, then his 15 minutes of fame are up. I still cant get over his seemingly doubtful words when the fight was signed...which may be contributing to reluctance to talk trash.

Again, this is a fight that people are paying for, so Tim needs to step on the gas a bit. You cant have that "I just wanna fight" attitude, when you're in a huge PPV fight...which undoubtedly requires Face-Offs, pressers, 24/7 segments, and more exposure than usual. I mean seriously, this 24/7 needs to only be 2 episodes if Timmy keeps this up.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2012, 01:15 PM) *
Why did I even watch this again? I'm somewhat ready to will see how the first 24/7 plays out though. I honestly believe that a fight of this caliber, came a bit too soon for Tim (in regards to him being established as a draw, or at least a guy with a personality)...but yet, there's no opportunity like the present, so it is what it is.

If Bradley does some "deep-cutting" trash talk, for example, talking about Manny's hypocrisy or inflated nice guy image, then we'll have a show. Sadly, Timmy is jus one of those lethargic, boring, no-personality-having fighters, with the "I just wanna fight" attitude.

That's a suitable attitude to have if you're headlining a B.A.D. card, but c'mon Timmy, this is PPV and obviously it's your time to give the world a chance to become familiar with who you are...before the first bell rings.

I know it may seem like Im bashing Tim, but honestly, Im not. All of this is coming from frustration of an African American fighter not taking full advantage of camera time and promotion...since African American fighters dont have the market in boxing, that they once did. He doesn't have to act uneducated and so forth, but c'mon Timmy...it's PPV daawwg.

Tim is a determined fighter with a bunch of heart, but I dont make predictions based off of the intangibles. He looks to want to hurt Manny, but if he tries too hard, then his 15 minutes of fame are up. I still cant get over his seemingly doubtful words when the fight was signed...which may be contributing to reluctance to talk trash.

Again, this is a fight that people are paying for, so Tim needs to step on the gas a bit. You cant have that "I just wanna fight" attitude, when you're in a huge PPV fight...which undoubtedly requires Face-Offs, pressers, 24/7 segments, and more exposure than usual. I mean seriously, this 24/7 needs to only be 2 episodes if Timmy keeps this up.

I'll be curious to see if they do the whole 5 hr lead up to this one lol Cold be the biggest waste of money ever. Fast forward to Manny trying to perform Communion or something on Tim.
daprofessor
i enjoyed that. bradley looked intense and u can tell he's ready to go. pac's whole...'i'll pray for u' thing seemed kind of cold too! this is going to be a great fight. i cannot wait!!!

i thought diaz kind of gave up some of the strategy....not good. but it won't matter because it's like freddie said...these guys are who they are....and when the shit hits the fan...they're going to do what they normally do and that's fight.

i can't believe all u guys are shitting on this. huh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 02:15 PM) *
i can't believe all u guys are shitting on this. huh.gif

Yeah I know my very first post was a basher, but my recent post was simply out of frustration that Timmy isn't taking proper advantage of this newly-granted exposure. Like I said, I'll check out the 24/7 segments to see if he steps on the gas.

I know that every fighter isn't the best self-promoter, but isn't this what they work for? The big fights? How in the hell can one not market himself properly up to this point? As far as I've read and seen, Timmy "just wanted to be promoted"...not good. The only people that should be "promoted", are guys like Cotto, Pacquiao, and could of other silent killers out there.

Timmy is a decent trash talker, but I still believe there are shades of doubt here. As Run & Gun stated, Timmy looks like he wants to hurt Manny, but to me, he may play on that emotion waaay too much and make some "undisciplined-driven" mistakes that we aren't used to seeing from him make. Sometimes, it's the things that a fighter doesn't say or do, that speaks volumes. Who knows though...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2012, 02:50 PM) *
Yeah I know my very first post was a basher, but my recent post was simply out of frustration that Timmy isn't taking proper advantage of this newly-granted exposure. Like I said, I'll check out the 24/7 segments to see if he steps on the gas.

I know that every fighter isn't the best self-promoter, but isn't this what they work for? The big fights? How in the hell can one not market himself properly up to this point? As far as I've read and seen, Timmy "just wanted to be promoted"...not good. The only people that should be "promoted", are guys like Cotto, Pacquiao, and could of other silent killers out there.

Timmy is a decent trash talker, but I still believe there are shades of doubt here. As Run & Gun stated, Timmy looks like he wants to hurt Manny, but to me, he may play on that emotion waaay too much and make some "undisciplined-driven" mistakes that we aren't used to seeing from him make. Sometimes, it's the things that a fighter doesn't say or do, that speaks volumes. Who knows though...

cotto and pac are prime examples of guys who don't need to sell anything. i think tim is in that category as well. his fighting does that for him. everyone will know who this guy is come fight night. smile.gif

exciting fights....or fighters...don't need to sell themselves. that should be the promoters job. where's don king when u need him!?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 02:57 PM) *
cotto and pac are prime examples of guys who don't need to sell anything. i think tim is in that category as well. his fighting does that for him. everyone will know who this guy is come fight night. smile.gif

exciting fights....or fighters...don't need to sell themselves. that should be the promoters job. where's don king when u need him!?

I dont remember the last exciting Bradley fight, but I CAN recall some exciting fights that Manny and Miguel have been in...but Timmy's in the same "dont need to sell anything" category.

I agree that it's the promoter's job to build a fighter's image, but its up to the fighter as to how far he wants his career to go and how he wants to be remembered. I dont think most of these guys stood in the mirror as kids and imitated their favorite fighters and watched their fights, JUST to sign with Arum and see what he has to offer, lol.

As we discussed on the radio show last week, the boxing market isn't so inviting for an African American fighter as it once was. Hispanic fighters have the largest following in the boxing market nowadays. Peterson will find out just how unforgiving it is (due to the PED scandal), having no following, and most of all, not having a promoter in such a situation as that.

With that said, Bradley needs to take full advantage of this camera time and of course back it up in the ring, because honestly, when I think of Pacquiao and Cotto, Bradley's name fails to cross my mind.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2012, 09:15 AM) *

That is definitely true. I just don't like biting in any way, shape, or form. Broner is at least fun to watch, I guess you could say that he's building a fan base for hisself. I'm definiely a Broner fan but I think some time down the road he's going to have to carve out his own lane. Same thing with Bradley, I like him, he's a winner and he does it in any way he can get it. But he's fucking lame. I'd love for anyone on this board to name what's exciting about him. He should where a paper bag over his head until fight night, maybe he'll become a draw then. And last year he said he ddin't care for Floyd but yet he bites his lines. Shit's digusting
checkleft
Broner is a showman even before he started trying to act like Floyd. I've been to a few of his fights before he got big and he used to do crazy shit like backflips after he would get a ko.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2012, 07:29 PM) *
I dont remember the last exciting Bradley fight, but I CAN recall some exciting fights that Manny and Miguel have been in...but Timmy's in the same "dont need to sell anything" category.

I agree that it's the promoter's job to build a fighter's image, but its up to the fighter as to how far he wants his career to go and how he wants to be remembered. I dont think most of these guys stood in the mirror as kids and imitated their favorite fighters and watched their fights, JUST to sign with Arum and see what he has to offer, lol.

As we discussed on the radio show last week, the boxing market isn't so inviting for an African American fighter as it once was. Hispanic fighters have the largest following in the boxing market nowadays. Peterson will find out just how unforgiving it is (due to the PED scandal), having no following, and most of all, not having a promoter in such a situation as that.

With that said, Bradley needs to take full advantage of this camera time and of course back it up in the ring, because honestly, when I think of Pacquiao and Cotto, Bradley's name fails to cross my mind.

come june 9th....bradley's name will forever be linked to pacquiao's. laugh.gif

u do the radio show?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2012, 08:47 PM) *
come june 9th....bradley's name will forever be linked to pacquiao's. laugh.gif

u do the radio show?

June 9th just need to get here quick. Thanks to Lamont, my boxing withdrawl is going to be ridiculous up until then. As for the radio show, I tune in every week and speak when they give me a chance to.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 14 2012, 06:29 PM) *

yep and thats why i don't see somebody like andre ward being a big ppv star
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 14 2012, 10:37 PM) *

Sad to say this, but I agree. Guys with skills like that, would make one think that the world would be demanding his fights...but fans want something else. We as hardcore fans appreciate him without a doubt, but you have waaay more casual fans out there who only want to see KO's and controversy.

Bad enough the economy is still jacked up, so that makes casual fans (even us hardcore fans) hesitant about purchasing fights that aren't deemed "action-packed".
Franchize
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 14 2012, 10:37 PM) *

Andre is skilled and one of the top 5 smartest fighters in the sport. Unfortunately, he's ike the spurs. Tons of skills and intelligence but lacks a dominant personality and elite athleticism. I can't see him selling out his squeaky clean persona for he sake of being a PPV attraction (which is a good thing). That said, maybe the next best thing is to get in the ring WITH some assholes. If you can't sell tickets being an asshole. People may pay to watch you beat up a few. Also, him training at Mayweather's gym should be something he embraces and runs with. Mayweather has readily endorsed him, Dawson, Broner and even Tim Bradley (dickhead) in the past. Mayweather has ade no secret that he wants to see young African American fighters start making their mark like he did. There's nothing wrong with piggybacking off of that, een if your personality is a polar opposite from his. Furthermore, I can't mention it enough. This guy is incredibly good as a commentator! Amazing personality. Even though I hate when Lampley always says it because it's incredibly suspect, he does have an infectious smile as well.
checkleft
It will be hard but I could see him getting big numbers over seas or in Canada, they have good smw and lhw divisions.

But he just doesn't have someone like dlh like Hopkins did to make a name off of.
But the guy seems like the whole package, intelligent, good personality, very skilled, and he's has a nice image.

I take that back, he could probably do big numbers in Oakland. They have die hard local fans: if the warriors always have a packed stadium he should have no problem getting fans lol
Cshel86
Im reading that Bradley is calling Roach "retarded" for comparing his fighting style to Ricky Hatton's. Good start Timmy! Bradley has ever been the best trash talker, but he needs to go for the jugular on this one, and attack Manny personally.

I know people are asking, "Damn CShel, why in the hell are you sweating Bradley so hard about trash-talking Manny and building this fight?" I simply want Tim to seize this opportunity and make me want to spend my money on this fight (though I already plan to).

I believe his dad will play a big role in the segments...dammit that dude is funny as shit. I dont want to see a bunch of bullshit from Timmy feeding his kids and walking the dog or some other dull shit like that. Surely he's granted this opportunity for a reason, and to not seize it is foolish.

This message goes out to all of the fighters that are complaining and want boxing to either be a "gentlemen's sport" or they "care less about all of the out-of-the-ring attention and trash-talking"....PS: Stop being boring as hell when you get the same opportunity, but yet, decide to talk down on the next man---> (Mayweather in particular) who takes full advantage of it, and gets paid BIG because of it!!!

Honestly, that shit is worse than a guy getting a shot at a woman like Halle Berry, and fails to impress...but yet, he gets mad and badmouths the next guy who fucks her like a porn star and gets the better end of the deal. Just doesn't makes sense to me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.