Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ortiz...Hating? Fishing for a fight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Ortiz had a few words about the recent Alvarez/Mosley fight, check it out...

http://www.boxingscene.com/victor-ortiz-no...sley-win--52881

Here's a bit of the dialogue...

"I was not impressed with him and Shane," said Ortiz smugly. "Don't get me wrong, Canelo, he's a good guy. But speaking boxing and anybody who knows boxing, I'm sure they would agree with me. Mosley, I love Mosley, he's a great idol to me and always has been and I will never talk any gibberish towards Mosley.

I have respect and love his style of boxing, but come on, let's be real," Ortiz added. "Canelo is being set up just perfect. What happens when the young cub Canelo meets a lion like me?"

"Canelo, has to prove himself," said Ortiz. "He hasn't fought any of the top ten contenders in his weight class. I'm sure all of those guys are pretty upset too. More than anything, I'm just like 'Wow, that's not really boxing'."

Thoughts?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 15 2012, 06:28 PM) *

Thoughts?

My 1st one was "..hhmmm...now, where in the fuck did I put that bottle at?".....

2nd... "I would pay a lot of my hard earned mula to see this fight"....
p4pcrown
He's right...Canelo hasn't fought any legit contenders. Not to say that he can't beat any challenger, but to be the best you have to beat the best.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 15 2012, 06:39 PM) *
My 1st one was "..hhmmm...now, where in the fuck did I put that bottle at?".....

2nd... "I would pay a lot of my hard earned mula to see this fight"....

laugh.gif

Only you Box...only you. I wanted to get the violin for Victor, but this shit WOULD be worth watching!...and my money!

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ May 15 2012, 06:43 PM) *
He's right...Canelo hasn't fought any legit contenders. Not to say that he can't beat any challenger, but to be the best you have to beat the best.

Victor has been a bit "hit & miss" with the top contenders, but in the same breath, his resume is a bit better than Canelo's. I just think Victor is hating a bit, because if Im not mistaken, Oscar & Schaefer were doing the same for him, until he missed his street and ended up in the land of "Maidana".
mitukczuk
Since the Mayweather fight, I could care less about Ortiz. Guys like him should not be licensed. Such a mental case...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 15 2012, 06:52 PM) *
laugh.gif

Only you Box...only you. I wanted to get the violin for Victor, but this shit WOULD be worth watching!...and my money!

Victor has been a bit "hit & miss" with the top contenders, but in the same breath, his resume is a bit better than Canelo's. I just think Victor is hating a bit, because if Im not mistaken, Oscar & Schaefer were doing the same for him, until he missed his street and ended up in the land of "Maidana".

Awww shux Cahel..give the poor kid a break..(just dont letem apologize) bahahaha

Na but seriously,.. IF he gets past a hungry Berto,...Perfect PPV... both fighters marketable..I see good scrap potential....

Winner gets Cotto in Dec,.... should he get past him,.. the Money shot..

What say u?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 15 2012, 05:28 PM) *

Thoughts?

To answer his question of, "what happens when the young cub meets a lion like me?"...I dunno, maybe he'll quit in the match like, another "young cub who has been set up perfectly?"
bnoles4life
So....no one else finds it a bit ironic that Victor Ortiz, who was once TR/GBP's "up and coming" fighter, who was "set up perfectly", is questioning what will Canelo do once he meets a REAL fighter? I mean, Canelo can't do any worse than call it quits mid-fight, right?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 15 2012, 05:52 PM) *
laugh.gif

A bit better competition? Cmon chels. Waaaaaay better competition

The outcome of the fight idk, but I do think victor hurts him and hurts him bad. The outcome will be on whether Canelo folds or digs deep.

But I would definitely watch this fight, unless one of them gets shell shocked it will be a war.
Jovi
haha who is ortiz to talk shit? he acts like he actually puts in work. If berto actually had DEFENSE, ortiz would just have been that kid who keeps getting knocked out. tell his cheating ass to relax!!
Kratza
To me it seems people are forgetting Canelo is only 21, and hes already a great fighter, he would destroy Ortiz easy, Ortiz is all talk and Canelo is alot better than Maidana
Franchize
QUOTE (Kratza @ May 16 2012, 02:04 AM) *
To me it seems people are forgetting Canelo is only 21,

I was thinking the same thing! It's like Canelo gets ripped more for his competition than JCC Jr. and that cocksucker is 26 lol

I like Canelo and as long as he doesn't have lapses with his defense, I think he can outbox Ortiz easily. I don't think Ortiz is going to want any parts of getting hit with quick, but still powerful combinations.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 15 2012, 06:28 PM) *

Thoughts?

I think it would be a good fight. I'd watch it. What about Berto and Canelo?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 16 2012, 10:24 AM) *
I think it would be a good fight. I'd watch it. What about Berto and Canelo?

That has a ring to it also
mgrover
the only way i could see ortiz winning is by TKO, i think canelo takes it by wide margin
leonthegee
Ortiz would get beat to death @ 154 lbs.
daprofessor
ortiz just got to 147...i seriously doubt he steps up to 154 to take on a guy like canelo.

more than anything...ortiz' comments sound like good ol' fashioned jealousy. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 15 2012, 08:09 PM) *
Awww shux Cahel..give the poor kid a break..(just dont letem apologize) bahahaha

Na but seriously,.. IF he gets past a hungry Berto,...Perfect PPV... both fighters marketable..I see good scrap potential....

Winner gets Cotto in Dec,.... should he get past him,.. the Money shot..

What say u?

laugh.gif

Im quite sure he'll get past Berto again, especially since he's fought a faster Mayweather since then and Berto will more than likely prove to us that his defense is nothing to brag about. Im not sure how Victor fairs at 154...possibly good against Cotto, but a Canelo fight may hurt him because he isn't a natural 154 lber. I see him coming into the fight a bit flabby.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 15 2012, 09:13 PM) *
So....no one else finds it a bit ironic that Victor Ortiz, who was once TR/GBP's "up and coming" fighter, who was "set up perfectly", is questioning what will Canelo do once he meets a REAL fighter? I mean, Canelo can't do any worse than call it quits mid-fight, right?

Not ironic at all...his ass is probably hurting a bit because he cant ever seem to follow though with the assignments in front of him. He nearly lost the Berto fight in the 6th, though he finished the fight strong, NOBODY has forgot about the Maidana fight, and he completely blew the Mayweather fight.

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 15 2012, 09:58 PM) *
A bit better competition? Cmon chels. Waaaaaay better competition

The outcome of the fight idk, but I do think victor hurts him and hurts him bad. The outcome will be on whether Canelo folds or digs deep.

But I would definitely watch this fight, unless one of them gets shell shocked it will be a war.

Yeah you may be right, now that I think about it. Victor's 3 biggest fights are Maidana, Berto, and Mayweather. Let's not forget that he fought some old guys who were on their way out of the sport too, but Canelo has had by far the worst selection. His biggest fight to date would HAVE to be the Mosley fight, difference is, he hasn't blown it yet. Ortiz got the same treatment as Canelo (being labeled the next Oscar, getting fights on PPV undercards, getting HBO dates, etc).

QUOTE (Kratza @ May 16 2012, 02:04 AM) *
To me it seems people are forgetting Canelo is only 21, and hes already a great fighter, he would destroy Ortiz easy, Ortiz is all talk and Canelo is alot better than Maidana

Yeah he's 21 and people are using that as an excuse to keep his competition light, while GBP makes money off of him. Good idea, I must admit....smart business move. He's undefeated, he's a big draw, he's the champ at 154, there's money attached to his name...perfect recipe for people to rush him into these big fights.

At some point, he'll HAVE to get in there with somebody tough. I dont knock their business strategy, but I would like for Golden Boy to stop trying to shove him down our throats in the meantime.
checkleft
Let's not forget that victor also fought Peterson. A close fight but one I thought he won
Franchize
I think Victor will lose to Cotto but it won't be because of the weight. I think he could eventually go as high as 160. As Lampley said "he's an aircraft carrier, look at that back" laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 17 2012, 04:52 PM) *
I think Victor will lose to Cotto but it won't be because of the weight. I think he could eventually go as high as 160. As Lampley said "he's an aircraft carrier, look at that back" laugh.gif

Idk about one sixty hes too short and his power won't be a difference maker at that weight. But I've always said he's perfect for 154. I think he can beat cotto but not because of boxing skill I don't think cotto can take a punch from him and he's a decent boxer. But the Canelo fight would be good
Cshel86
Okay, so it looks like this Ortiz/Lopez is in black and white now. At least we still have Soto/Matthysse to look forward to. I'll be watching regardless...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.