Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Create a PPV card...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Okay guys, I've been thinking about this for a while and I HAD to see what you guys had to offer. I've been hearing guys on other sites complain about FMJ "stacking" his cards for better sales, but isn't that the fuckin' point? Isn't that what people pay for?

In this economy (depending on your situation), nobody wants to throw their money away on a bunch of unknowns on a card, just to wait for the main event. Personally, I like to see a couple of unknown fighters on a PPV card...they usually make for great fights and they fight like they have something to prove.

Anyway, let me see what you guys have! We can do the "pro GBPs" and "pro TR" cards if you wish. We can mix some GSP/GBP/DiBella Promotions cards as well. I want to see some creativity as well...dont wanna see some highly unlikely card with unlikely purses...let's be real. Fuck it, it can be a fantasy card...just be ready to explain it. laugh.gif

You can include the price of the card (HD price, and we'll assume that SD is $10 less), networks, purse splits, venues, glove sizes, press conference locations, fight dates, guest commentators...whatever!

- Fight #1
- Fight #2
- Co-feature
- Main event
(or there could be 5 fights, but be reasonable)
kej718
- Fight #1 Dmitry Pirog vs Peter Quillin @ 160
- Fight #2 Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia @ 140
- Co-feature Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Nonito Donaire @ 130
- Main event Mayweather vs Pacquiao @ 147
Cheesey1
Forget 'Ring Kings,' forget 'Star Power'...boxing fans of all ages, Cheesey1 Promotions proudly presents the real Clash of the Titans, a Tale of Two Heavyweights - CShel vs. Allmenjoi8!!!!!

Come on CShel, give the fans what they want. We'll even agree to a 95/5 split (that's right I'm her manager, so I can make those decisions - Allmenjoi, you'd better be a woman). Allmenjoi, if you need a good trainer, let me know, I'm sure that DaProfessor will hook us up. Just send me a message. We'll show the boards what's up!!!

Kratza
- Fight #1: Bradley vs Khan at 147.
- Fight #2: Broner vs Gamboa at 125-135.
- Co-feature: Canelo vs Chavez Jr, 154, Chavez only aloud to go up to 160 on fight night.
- Main event: Mayweather vs Pacquiao, 70-30 split, 8oz gloves and at 147.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 16 2012, 12:18 PM) *
Forget 'Ring Kings,' forget 'Star Power'...boxing fans of all ages, Cheesey1 Promotions proudly presents the real Clash of the Titans, a Tale of Two Heavyweights - CShel vs. Allmenjoi8!!!!!

Come on CShel, give the fans what they want. We'll even agree to a 95/5 split (that's right I'm her manager, so I can make those decisions - Allmenjoi, you'd better be a woman). Allmenjoi, if you need a good trainer, let me know, I'm sure that DaProfessor will hook us up. Just send me a message. We'll show the boards what's up!!!

laugh.gif

I want all of the PPV revenue and an 18-foot ring...just in case the half-woman half-kangaroo decides to bounce out of the ring. Cheesey1 Promotions in association with CShel Promotions and Mud Duck Ent. (Allmenjoi)!

I hope Professor gives her some good tips, 'cause Floyd Sr. is my trainer for this one. If you didn't know...he's the greatest of all time, he'll shock yo mind. He's the best in the East and the West, and for the rest, there's no contest!
Franchize
MY PPV card- "Greatness Personified"
Fight #1: Paulie Malinaggi vs Zab Judah @ 140
Fight #2 Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Adrien Broner @ 130
Co-feature: Miguel Angel Cotto vs Canelo Alvarez @ 154
Main Event: Mayweather vs Pacquiao @ 147

Explanation:
Covers the main boxing food groups: Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Filipinos, Blacks, Americans and die hard boxing fans interested in prospects. Has all the trimmings of a good card: Upcoming star prospects, former talents making a comeback, the talented vet vs hungry young star, the mega fight.Plus, with all the storylines, you could literally have a 24/7 episode for each fight in addition to the mega fight.

My free premium channel card
Fight #1: Seth Mitchell vs Bryant Jennings @ heavyweight
Fight #2: James Kirkland vs K9 Bundrage @ 154
Fight #3:Amir Khan vs Robert Guerrero @ 140
Co-Feature:Sergio Martinez vs Victor Ortiz @ 154
Main Event: Lucian Bute vs Andre Ward @ 168

Explanation
Has guys that are about as good as you can get without having to shell out $60+
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 16 2012, 02:05 PM) *
laugh.gif

I want all of the PPV revenue and an 18-foot ring...just in case the half-woman half-kangaroo decides to bounce out of the ring. Cheesey1 Promotions in association with CShel Promotions and Mud Duck Ent. (Allmenjoi)!

I hope Professor gives her some good tips, 'cause Floyd Sr. is my trainer for this one. If you didn't know...he's the greatest of all time, he'll shock yo mind. He's the best in the East and the West, and for the rest, there's no contest!

No you didn't just say Mud Duck Ent lmaoooooooooooooooooooo
Cshel86
Alright guys, we ALL know that the megafight is an obvious choice for a main event...so I'll do something on the lower end.

HBO PPV for $40 Linares vs DeMarco "Second Time Around" (a knock against Linares laugh.gif)

- Fight #1: (140) Jose Benavidez vs TBD (I dont care who the opponent is, I just wanna see Benavidez fight)

- Fight #2: (130 lbs) Juan Carlos Burgos vs Cristobal Cruz (rematch)

- Co-Feature: (126 lbs) Mikey Garcia vs Celestino Caballero

- Main Event: (135 lbs) Jorge Linares vs Antonio DeMarco (rematch)

Since there are mostly Hispanic fighters on this card (an intentional coincidence) it could either be held in Texas spiteful.gif or in L.A. (not the Staples Center)
mgrover
fight 1: margarito vs man with sledgehammer
fight 2: khan vs bradley
fight 3: ortiz vs berto
fight 4: cotto vs canelo
fight 5: martinez vs julio jr
fight 6: mayweather pac

this may of become a list of fights i want to watch, but if this card was made i would probably pay just about anything for it
JammyJam

HAHAHAHAHA!

pre televised fight available on espn3.com - Kimbo vs Dewey Bozella
Fight #1- Gary Russell Jr. vs TBD (cant think of anything off the top of my head haha)
Fight #2- Broner vs Gamboa
Co-Feature- Canelo vs. JCC jr.
Main Event- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

MGM Grand, December 22 (Early Merry Christmas)
leonthegee
fight 1: Broner vs Gamboa for the WBO Super Featherweight title
fight 2: Alexander vs Khan for the WBC Diamond Welterweight title
fight 3: Canelo vs Cotto for the WBC Super Welterweight title
Main Event: Mayweather vs Pacquiao for WBC, WBO Welterweight title

After party: G-Unit vs Black Eye Peas
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 16 2012, 02:05 PM) *
laugh.gif

No problem on the ring size because we won't be the one running, but damn all of the PPV? Okay, cool -done deal! As Don King would say "Only in America!!"

daprofessor

laugh.gif i'm in. worried_anim.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 16 2012, 03:03 PM) *
fight 1: margarito vs man with sledgehammer
fight 2: khan vs bradley
fight 3: ortiz vs berto
fight 4: cotto vs canelo
fight 5: martinez vs julio jr
fight 6: mayweather pac

this may of become a list of fights i want to watch, but if this card was made i would probably pay just about anything for it

by far the best ppv card ever!!!

i'd pay for this! btw...great way to open the show! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 16 2012, 02:41 PM) *

Explanation:
Covers the main boxing food groups: Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Filipinos, Blacks, Americans and die hard boxing fans interested in prospects. Has all the trimmings of a good card: Upcoming star prospects, former talents making a comeback, the talented vet vs hungry young star, the mega fight.Plus, with all the storylines, you could literally have a 24/7 episode for each fight in addition to the mega fight.

Explanation

so we'll have tacos, pastelles, lumpia, chitterlings and apple pie? unsure.gif
Plah
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 16 2012, 02:41 PM) *

Explanation:

Explanation

This!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 16 2012, 03:03 PM) *
margarito vs man with sledgehammer

Already starting off great MG...
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 17 2012, 01:50 AM) *
Already starting off great MG...

I like to give the people what they want
Cheesey1
All of the suggestions are solid, but if I had to pick only one, I'd have to pick Franchize' PPV.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2012, 07:41 PM) *

laugh.gif

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 17 2012, 06:56 AM) *
I like to give the people what they want

Indeed, you are doing just that...

I'd much rather see him in there with a damn Kangaroo and watch him get boxed to death.

QUOTE (Kratza @ May 16 2012, 12:55 PM) *
- Co-feature: Canelo vs Chavez Jr, 154, Chavez only aloud to go up to 160 on fight night.

Chavez would be dead at 154, and only being able to rehydrate 6 lbs would make him twice the dead meat that he was before he hit the scales. Canelo may have fought a bunch of old guys, but let's give him credit for pulling a "Pacquiao" with the weight issue.
Cshel86
Anybody have any other PPV suggestions? We ALL know about the megafight being a main event...too easy. Im wondering if anybody can come up with some convincing cards that will propel other fighters after the "big two" leave the sport...

Now that some of us have mastered the dream card, anybody got suggestions for possible PPV cards like; Khan vs Bradley, Bradley vs Berto, Khan vs Ortiz, Maidana vs Ortiz (rematch)? Any supporting undercard fights that could convince someone to possibly buy these?
mgrover
klit vs klit
daprofessor
opening bout: clubber lange vs ivan drago

co-main event: apollo creed vs mason dixon

main event: rocky balboa vs tommy gunn (in the ring this time! loser retires!!!)

brought to u by geritol. ppv attraction. check ur local cable provider or catch it in a theater for free.99. smile.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 17 2012, 05:54 PM) *
opening bout: clubber lange vs ivan drago

co-main event: apollo creed vs mason dixon

main event: rocky balboa vs tommy gunn (in the ring this time! loser retires!!!)

brought to u by geritol. ppv attraction. check ur local cable provider or catch it in a theater for free.99. smile.gif

"For free..?" I would've paid to watch the opening match and the co-main event. The main event is the weakest of the three.
Franchize

Not Chitterlings...and if you're black...it's Chitlinz lmao

I'd do some mac and cheese or collard greens though!

How about burritos,Puerto Rican Rum, lumpia (only had it once, not bad), Greens, and Philly Cheese Steak!?!?

All of the suggestions are solid, but if I had to pick only one, I'd have to pick Franchize' PPV.

Thanks. I tried to be somewhat realistic with mine. Guys like Canelo aren't going to be the 1st match on a card so I put guys where I thought they'd realistically fight on a mega card.

I,too, would love to see the Magarito vs Man with sledgehammer match.

BTW, just for you guys, I should also mention on my card you get to see:
Paulie's girl
Zab's wife (bad)
Melissa Cotto (and those gorgeous sweater puppets!)
Jinkee (not bad)
Miss Jackson (DIME!!!!!)
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 18 2012, 01:12 PM) *

How about burritos,Puerto Rican Rum, lumpia (only had it once, not bad), Greens, and Philly Cheese Steak!?!?

Thanks. I tried to be somewhat realistic with mine. Guys like Canelo aren't going to be the 1st match on a card so I put guys where I thought they'd realistically fight on a mega card.

Paulie's girl
Zab's wife (bad)
Jinkee (not bad)
Miss Jackson (DIME!!!!!)

You're welcome.

I strongly suggest that you replace Jinkhee with Rachel Donaire. No competition there, at all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 19 2012, 11:58 AM) *
I strongly suggest that you replace Jinkhee with Rachel Donaire. No competition there, at all.

Yep...Jinkee, fugly...as for Rachel...well, she's worthy of the "jizz face". No complaints there...
Cshel86
Can anybody come up with an undercard for a possible Alexander/Ortiz bout?
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Can anybody come up with an undercard for a possible Alexander/Ortiz bout?

Zab vs Maidana?

You know how promoters love to put potential matchups on the same card.

Alexander vs Zab or Maidana vs Ortiz II could be interesting.

Or any combination of Paulie, Zab and Guerrero would make sense.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 18 2012, 08:39 AM) *
"For free..?" I would've paid to watch the opening match and the co-main event. The main event is the weakest of the three.

they're fictional characters. laugh.gif u can pay if u want. unsure.gif inbox me ur credit card info. unsure.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 18 2012, 01:12 PM) *

Paulie's girl
Zab's wife (bad)
Jinkee (not bad)
Miss Jackson (DIME!!!!!)

i was waiting for someone to point that out! laugh.gif i'll have to hold off on the mac n cheese. i'm with the greens and cornbread though. philly cheese steak...hold the cheese please. lactose intolerant. laugh.gif

paulie's girl? huh.gif i don't believe i've had the pleasure. care to share a pic?
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2012, 01:51 PM) *
i was waiting for someone to point that out! laugh.gif i'll have to hold off on the mac n cheese. i'm with the greens and cornbread though. philly cheese steak...hold the cheese please. lactose intolerant. laugh.gif

paulie's girl? huh.gif i don't believe i've had the pleasure. care to share a pic?

I'm lactose intolerant too...but I don't give a damn! lol As long as I'm home and have some air freshener...I'm good to go! lmao

I can't find the pic of Paulie's girl. He was at some fight with her. I think it was May/Cotto.
Cshel86

I saw this shit as well, but it's was yall's convo, so I stayed out of it. The word "chitterlings" just gives me this painful memory of that red bucket with the white top...that shit is usually tucked away secretly in the grocery store, obviously to save the welfare of the store's image. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 21 2012, 03:18 PM) *
I'm lactose intolerant too...but I don't give a damn! lol As long as I'm home and have some air freshener...I'm good to go! lmao

I can't find the pic of Paulie's girl. He was at some fight with her. I think it was May/Cotto.

dang! now i have to watch the whole fight over again to see if i can spot her. laugh.gif

fabreze!!! why didn't i think of that!? unsure.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 21 2012, 03:54 PM) *
I saw this shit as well, but it's was yall's convo, so I stayed out of it. The word "chitterlings" just gives me this painful memory of that red bucket with the white top...that shit is usually tucked away secretly in the grocery store, obviously to save the welfare of the store's image. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

right next to the pickled pigs feet of course.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 21 2012, 01:48 PM) *
they're fictional characters. laugh.gif u can pay if u want. unsure.gif inbox me ur credit card info. unsure.gif

In case you hadn't noticed, I picked Mars as my location when I joined this forum...

But seriously, can you imagine if the Lang and Drago from back then could actually fight each other today? Haye/Chisora, CShel/Almenjoi8...forget about it!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 21 2012, 09:57 PM) *
CShel/Almenjoi8

Gatti/Mayweather...ALLLL over again. No matter what I hit her with, the trick is already brain dead and willing to take more.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 21 2012, 09:57 PM) *
In case you hadn't noticed, I picked Mars as my location when I joined this forum...

But seriously, can you imagine if the Lang and Drago from back then could actually fight each other today? Haye/Chisora, CShel/Almenjoi8...forget about it!

fuggetaboudit!!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.