Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FNF: Mayfield vs Seranno
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Since there wont be any big fights this weekend, I may as well get my boxing with FNF. Mayfield stopped Steve Forbes sometime last year, so I know a bit about him. As for Seranno, I would say that I've never seen him fight, but hell, I've seen too many FNF shows to say that. With that said, I may have seen him by accident.

*Guess we have to wait for the softball ( laugh.gif ) game to end. Looks like its wrapping up and I must admit, it wasn't too bad. Not a big baseball fan unless Im there chugging down hotdogs and beer in the sun.

Yo Cheesey, where ya at?
Cshel86
Rooney is down (2nd round)...2nd knockdown of the fight.
Cshel86
Better round for Rooney in the 3rd. I believe those solar pleuxus (sp) shots were hurting Jones. There's only one round left, so Rooney better step on the gas.
Cshel86
Good round for Rooney and he may have taken the fourth and final round, but those knockdowns by Jones in round 1 and 2 may have won him the fight with a doubt.
Cshel86
Brinson has been more fluent in the first two rounds, but neither guy has much power. Escalera is failing to use his jab...
Cshel86
Escalera had a good moment in the 2nd...landed a left hand towards the end, that gave him a chance to be the bully. He didn't capitalize on it though.
Cshel86
Nice see-saw round...both guys had some good moments. Escalera is the come-forward bully, but he gets got countered a few times by Brinson (who has no power).
Cshel86
Looks like Escalara is wearing Brinson down by walking him down.
Cshel86
Brinson is winning, but he cant hurt Escalera for shit.
Cshel86
Damn he hurt Brinson with an overhand right...glad it was the end of the 6th.
Cshel86
Brinson in big trouble in the 7th...

Wow he survived the WHOLE round. Im sure Escalera will be kicking himself in the ass for not going to the body (as Atlas mentioned).
Cshel86
Man I gotta give it to Brinson...he bit down, survived, and shoe-shined for the last 3 rounds. He was tired as HELL. Being the fact that he made it out of this fight, will force him to watch the tape and work on his conditioning.
Cshel86
A Draw??? I would've at least gave it to Brinson by 1 point. Oh well...
Cshel86
Damn these dudes are like pitbulls when they're in the clinch...they HATE eachother.
Cshel86
I gave the 1st to Seranno...landed 2 big shots and kept his composure.
Cshel86
Not much happened in the 2nd, but I gave it to Mayfield because he set up a lot of shit (though he didn't thoroughly follow through) and made Seranno think more than usual and not do much.
Cshel86
Seranno went down in the 3rd...right hand.

Mayfield is winded and couldn't finish what he started. Serrano is cut over the right eye, and that last-minute clash of heads opened a cut over Mayfield's left eye.

Getting interesting...
Cshel86
SHIT! Mayfield FLOORS Seranno at the bell! The fuckin' corner is wasting time! WTF??? What are they arguing about in his corner?
Cshel86
Mayfield stops him in the 5th. What tha fuck was going on in his corner??? Dude never even got a chance to it down...
mrchitown
The dance at the end by Mayfield was hilarious
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 18 2012, 11:17 PM) *
The dance at the end by Mayfield was hilarious

Isn't it? I cant stand him though.
Hotsauce
i need the video of the dance
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 18 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Since there wont be any big fights this weekend, I may as well get my boxing with FNF. Mayfield stopped Steve Forbes sometime last year, so I know a bit about him. As for Seranno, I would say that I've never seen him fight, but hell, I've seen too many FNF shows to say that. With that said, I may have seen him by accident.

*Guess we have to wait for the softball ( laugh.gif ) game to end. Looks like its wrapping up and I must admit, it wasn't too bad. Not a big baseball fan unless Im there chugging down hotdogs and beer in the sun.

Yo Cheesey, where ya at?

Hey man. The golden years are a biatch. I went to the gym completely intending to watch FNF, took a nap when I got back and only woke up after 1 am.

Sounds like FNF came through, as it seems to regularly do.

I think that there was a potentially interesting HW bout on Telefutura (Odlanier Solis), or that could be on Saturday.

There's an anticipated HW match on in the U.K tomorrow afternoon (David Price vs. Sam Sexton - Sexton looked decent in a losing effort against Dereck 'Del Boy' Chisora a year or two ago). Ashley Theophane (decent Lt. WW, with a possibly bright future) is also on.

First Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich and then some decent HW action to top it off.

I'm slippin'. I forgot about Kessler vs. Green.
checkleft
Pretty good card .

Mayfield has some power for a little guy
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 18 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Isn't it? I cant stand him though.

Why not?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 19 2012, 02:06 AM) *
Hey man. The golden years are a biatch. I went to the gym completely intending to watch FNF, took a nap when I got back and only woke up after 1 am.

I think that there was a potentially interesting HW bout on Telefutura (Odlanier Solis), or that could be on Saturday.

There's an anticipated HW match on in the U.K tomorrow afternoon (David Price vs. Sam Sexton - Sexton looked decent in a losing effort against Dereck 'Del Boy' Chisora a year or two ago). Ashley Theophane (decent Lt. WW, with a possibly bright future) is also on.

First Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich and then some decent HW action to top it off.

I'm slippin'. I forgot about Kessler vs. Green.

I forgot about the Solis fight. I do plan on watching Kessler vs. Green
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 19 2012, 05:49 PM) *
I forgot about the Solis fight. I do plan on watching Kessler vs. Green

I missed the Lt. WW match. today (Ashley Theophane), which sucks because I was interested in that one. I couldn't take my eyes off of Champions League final. Nice one Chelsea.

I hope that you were able to watch Kessler vs. Green, definitely a nice statement by Kessler. Green showed that he's probably done the best with his career that he can. Kessler just started to look like the better boxer and eventually caught Green. Too bad for Green because that knockdown that he got made him seem more than capable of leaving Denmark with a 'W.'

The British HW match was okay (KO). Price is still wet behind the ears and Sexton's definitely nowhere near the upper echelon of HW's.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Solis has to offer on Telefutura.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 19 2012, 03:06 AM) *

Of course it came through...it had no choice. We were robbed of a quality fight this weekend, so something had to make up for that. Golden years? Ever year is golden sir! Im only 26, so Im still considered a baby...with that said, I still FIGHT my sleep! laugh.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 19 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Why not?

It's just something about him. He gives me that same feeling that I get when I watch Bradley fight. Of course he's more exciting, but that "extra aggressive" style to make up for the size deficiency, only makes for nasty fights which produce cuts and causes the opponent to be reluctant to engage without getting butted.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 19 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Of course it came through...it had no choice. We were robbed of a quality fight this weekend, so something had to make up for that. Golden years? Ever year is golden sir! Im only 26, so Im still considered a baby...with that said, I still FIGHT my sleep! laugh.gif

It's just something about him. He gives me that same feeling that I get when I watch Bradley fight. Of course he's more exciting, but that "extra aggressive" style to make up for the size deficiency, only makes for nasty fights which produce cuts and causes the opponent to be reluctant to engage without getting butted.

Thank goodness for FNF. Telefutura (Solis) starts at midnight. With the European stuff, this weekend wasn't a complete bust

Good for you youngster. I was in that age group a decade ago!!! Good times, good times..
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 19 2012, 06:57 PM) *
I missed the Lt. WW match. today (Ashley Theophane), which sucks because I was interested in that one. I couldn't take my eyes off of Champions League final. Nice one Chelsea.

I hope that you were able to watch Kessler vs. Green, definitely a nice statement by Kessler. Green showed that he's probably done the best with his career that he can. Kessler just started to look like the better boxer and eventually caught Green. Too bad for Green because that knockdown that he got made him seem more than capable of leaving Denmark with a 'W.'

The British HW match was okay (KO). Price is still wet behind the ears and Sexton's definitely nowhere near the upper echelon of HW's.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Solis has to offer on Telefutura.

I caught the Kessler vs. Green fight. I thought Green looked good in the first few rounds, particularly the first round when he scored the knockdown. But something that I saw that didn't sit well with me was his footwork during the fight. It was sloppy and he stopped being busy. But I got to give Kessler is credit, that's how you put an exclamation mark on a fight.

That KO was brutal. I wonder who he wants to fight next? I think Green should seriously take a long look at retirement, he hasn't looked impressive in his last 4 or 5 fights, he's been dominated by upper echelon fighters, and he's taken some wicked shots in those fights as well. I don't want to see him end up this era's Riddick Bowe, wth him slurring his words and needing captions to be understood. Green is good against C and D level fighters, he's an ESPN FNF fighter and that's all he'll ever be
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 19 2012, 09:37 PM) *

Ok, I've only seen him fight twice including this past friday and I like what I saw but now that you put it that way, I'll definitely be looking for those traits.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 20 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Ok, I've only seen him fight twice including this past friday and I like what I saw but now that you put it that way, I'll definitely be looking for those traits.

I will give credit though, dude has NASTY pop in his punches!
checkleft
Hey I did not know mayfield was the guy that put it on pac during that sparring sesh that was released.. this guys got some skill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.