Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pimpfighterROQ
Since Berto is blasted out of existence...Ortiz is out of a dance partner once again. Leaving him out of the ring for quite some time now. Marquez on the other hand is looking for a south paw partner to prepare him for Pacquiao. What do you guys think? I think it'll be a good match up and only obstacle I see is Top rank and Golden Boy fiasco.

Ortiz has a good enough name than Gesta. Might not produce the same uproar as Morales and Marquez but it suits a fight to be held in Cowboys Stadium.
bull6599
Ortiz is way too big for JMM
checkleft
Yea too big. Plus marquez is top rank right now
Cshel86
Yeah, waaaay too much weight in favor of Victor. NOW, if Ortiz was still at 140, then this could be some type of argument. Even when he was at 140, he was stil rehydrating to about 155, so it still would've been a stretch.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 20 2012, 12:22 AM) *
Yea too big. Plus marquez is top rank right now

Holy crap, really ? He signed with TR ?
Man, he wants Pacquiao so bad....

Ortiz vs. Marquez is a joke. Ortiz could compete in MW if he wanted to. Too big...
bnoles4life
The only way I want to see this fight is if it's for BIG $$$$. Marquez deserves it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 20 2012, 06:10 AM) *
Holy crap, really ? He signed with TR ?
Man, he wants Pacquiao so bad....

Yes he did, where have you been? Lol. Mosley did the same shit...sold his share of GBP and ran to Arum for a payday. Shane has always been a sucker when it came to his money, so we shouldn't be surprised by that.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 20 2012, 12:58 PM) *
The only way I want to see this fight is if it's for BIG $$$$. Marquez deserves it.

Yes he does deserve it. Had this been brought up before Victor busted through the WW division (much needed), then I would've been excited. Do you think he'll make more if he fights Ortiz or Judah?
Thickback
If Marquez wouldn't fight Judah, he definitely isn't fighting Ortiz bis ass.
pimpfighterROQ
Looks like he's leaning towards Gesta but Arum isn't too keen about it. Probably the first time I agree with the Bobfather lol. What is up with his severe obsession fighting southpaws for Pacquiao? He seems really sure to get that 4th fight with Pacquiao hmm...

Not happy how he chooses no name good fighters though. Way too waste his last remaining hurrahs at 38 yrs old. If Ortiz is too big then he should fight Judah then. Not a fucking Gesta.. Marquez wants Pac bad lol.

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2012, 12:09 PM) *
Yes he did, where have you been? Lol. Mosley did the same shit...sold his share of GBP and ran to Arum for a payday. Shane has always been a sucker when it came to his money, so we shouldn't be surprised by that.

Yes he does deserve it. Had this been brought up before Victor busted through the WW division (much needed), then I would've been excited. Do you think he'll make more if he fights Ortiz or Judah?

Tough to say; as long as Top Rank is involved, he's gonna get raped to some degree (GBP, too). I think Ortiz, mainly b/c it's an all Mexican affair.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 20 2012, 04:23 PM) *
Tough to say; as long as Top Rank is involved, he's gonna get raped to some degree (GBP, too). I think Ortiz, mainly b/c it's an all Mexican affair.

Makes sense. I just figured that a Judah fight would be a bit abnormal, which spells curiosity, which ultimately leads to mass viewers. I believe that Mayweather milked that "Ortiz is Mexican" cow last year, so I dont know how they'll use that push a Marquez/Ortiz fight...though people will watch regardless.
Cheesey1
I have to agree with the comments that Ortiz now is a natural 147, maybe even a 154lb boxer and Marquez is a natural 140lb guy so it wouldn't be a good match up. Marquez/Judah would be excellent, but if Judah's own promoter doesn't think that it'll happen....
Franchize
I think Arum is keeping Marquez on the shelf to fight either Bradley or Pacquiao. Despite Marquez publicly voicing his displeasure with Arum, Bob still has him by the nuts.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2012, 01:09 PM) *

Man, you tell me. That bombshell somehow totally missed me. Damn that's bad. That's just wrong!! Signing with the hell itself just because of Pacquiao...I am shaken to my very core. lol

pimpfighterROQ
Looks like Marquez ain't fighting July. Looks like he'll have to spar in a private gym or somewhere else rather than in Cowboys Stadium LOL.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2012, 03:55 PM) *
Makes sense. I just figured that a Judah fight would be a bit abnormal, which spells curiosity, which ultimately leads to mass viewers. I believe that Mayweather milked that "Ortiz is Mexican" cow last year, so I dont know how they'll use that push a Marquez/Ortiz fight...though people will watch regardless.

That fight gets a lil' "pub" based on:

1. People (read: casual fans) know Marquez as the guy who likely got robbed in the latest Pac fight

2. People recognize Victor Ortiz, as the guy who got "sucker punched" by Floyd (while totally ignoring the head butt).

3. Both are Mexican

The reason the fight will NOT happen:

1. Ortiz, is NOT w/ Top Rank and Arum isn't accustomed to putting $$$ in someone else pockets especially when....

2. Ortiz is w/ GBP, who, next to Floyd and Al Haymon, is THE last person, Arum wants to share any $$$$ with.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 21 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Man, you tell me. That bombshell somehow totally missed me. Damn that's bad. That's just wrong!! Signing with the hell itself just because of Pacquiao...I am shaken to my very core. lol

Sad, but true. Why do you think Oscar fed him to Canelo for a $650k payday? Oscar wanted Shane to go out bad....sadly he didn't get his wish because Mosley's never been KO'd, so he had to settle for the beatdown that he witnessed.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 21 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Sad, but true. Why do you think Oscar fed him to Canelo for a $650k payday? Oscar wanted Shane to go out bad....sadly he didn't get his wish because Mosley's never been KO'd, so he had to settle for the beatdown that he witnessed.

Yeah, Oscar did. Hard to NOT see his point though. Admitted to using PEDs to beat him, left the company to sign w/ The Bobfather.....
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 21 2012, 09:11 PM) *
That fight gets a lil' "pub" based on:

1. People (read: casual fans) know Marquez as the guy who likely got robbed in the latest Pac fight

2. People recognize Victor Ortiz, as the guy who got "sucker punched" by Floyd (while totally ignoring the head butt).

3. Both are Mexican

The reason the fight will NOT happen:

1. Ortiz, is NOT w/ Top Rank and Arum isn't accustomed to putting $$$ in someone else pockets especially when....

2. Ortiz is w/ GBP, who, next to Floyd and Al Haymon, is THE last person, Arum wants to share any $$$$ with.

I get it from that standpoint, and I have to constantly remind people of why fights seem oh-so appealing to us hardcore fans, but the casual fan wouldn't have a clue. Cant forget that the BobFather gave Victor his walking papers a loooong time ago.

Those last two reasons are instrumental as to why a lot of these good fights dont happen. If we get anything close to a good fight that doesn't involve TR, then fighters suddenly cant pass a drug test to save their lives. Sound familiar?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 21 2012, 08:16 PM) *
I get it from that standpoint, and I have to constantly remind people of why fights seem oh-so appealing to us hardcore fans, but the casual fan wouldn't have a clue. Cant forget that the BobFather gave Victor his walking papers a loooong time ago.

Those last two reasons are instrumental as to why a lot of these good fights dont happen. If we get anything close to a good fight that doesn't involve TR, then fighters suddenly cant pass a drug test to save their lives. Sound familiar?

I think Victor left the Bobfather, hence, why he talks so badly about him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 21 2012, 11:01 PM) *
I think Victor left the Bobfather, hence, why he talks so badly about him.

If you ask Bob, then more than likely, he gave Victor the boot. From what I remember (dont quote me), they gave Ortiz the boot because he obviously wasn't what they thought he would be...guess they didn't have enough to promote him.
Franchize
People talk about Bob's strangle hold on Pacquiao. What about Marquez? He literally said out his own mouth that Bob told him after he last Pacquaio fight "don't worry about it, it's business." Yet, he still considers fighting for this guy. I'd retire before I take punishment in a ring with no shot at winning.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 21 2012, 10:28 PM) *
If you ask Bob, then more than likely, he gave Victor the boot. From what I remember (dont quote me), they gave Ortiz the boot because he obviously wasn't what they thought he would be...guess they didn't have enough to promote him.

Actually, he filed for bankruptcy, thus allowing him out of his TR contract. He, Ortiz, immediately signed w/ Golden Boy.

http://www.15rounds.com/4833-120408/
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 22 2012, 09:22 AM) *
Actually, he filed for bankruptcy, thus allowing him out of his TR contract. He, Ortiz, immediately signed w/ Golden Boy.

http://www.15rounds.com/4833-120408/

Good read! From the 24/7 clips for his last fight, Team Ortiz made it seem like Arum just kicked him to the curb, but again it was believable because Arum is a scum and Team Ortiz is known for lying (or fabricating a story).

From what I read about Victor having more debt than income...sounds like Ortiz could've just sued for being a "broke ass, disgruntled, TR fighter"...at least he would've had a leg to stand on.

It cant be all of Arum's fault though...it's his job to pay Ortiz, not to manage his debts that Im sure he made for himself, outside of the obligatory shit that he has to pay for. Filing bankruptcy appeared to have just have been a way out for Vitctor, but how many times have we seen him "find a way out" of a situation that he cant handle?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Good read! From the 24/7 clips for his last fight, Team Ortiz made it seem like Arum just kicked him to the curb, but again it was believable because Arum is a scum and Team Ortiz is known for lying (or fabricating a story).

From what I read about Victor having more debt than income...sounds like Ortiz could've just sued for being a "broke ass, disgruntled, TR fighter"...at least he would've had a leg to stand on.

It cant be all of Arum's fault though...it's his job to pay Ortiz, not to manage his debts that Im sure he made for himself, outside of the obligatory shit that he has to pay for. Filing bankruptcy appeared to have just have been a way out for Vitctor, but how many times have we seen him "find a way out" of a situation that he cant handle?

Yeah, it's not all the Bobfather's fault. Hey, I gotta question for you: have you ever heard that, for the DLH/Tito fight, Arum made more money than both DLH & Tito? I've been trying to research that, but comin' up blanks. You have any ideas where to search?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 22 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Yeah, it's not all the Bobfather's fault. Hey, I gotta question for you: have you ever heard that, for the DLH/Tito fight, Arum made more money than both DLH & Tito? I've been trying to research that, but comin' up blanks. You have any ideas where to search?

Like I said about all of that incriminating shit about Pacquaio...more than likely, after Floyd mentioned that Arum made more money off of Oscar and Tito's fight than the both of them...any trace of info alluding to that, probably got shipped into No Man's Land.

Floyd also said that he wasn't sure if it was rumor or not, but he was probably being an asshole and really knew what happened. laugh.gif I believe he was with TR back in '99 (cant really remember), so he could've known something. That's a good question to ask on the radio show though...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 09:41 AM) *
Like I said about all of that incriminating shit about Pacquaio...more than likely, after Floyd mentioned that Arum made more money off of Oscar and Tito's fight than the both of them...any trace of info alluding to that, probably got shipped into No Man's Land.

Floyd also said that he wasn't sure if it was rumor or not, but he was probably being an asshole and really knew what happened. laugh.gif I believe he was with TR back in '99 (cant really remember), so he could've known something. That's a good question to ask on the radio show though...

I emailed Vivek, Ben & Danny, but no one has gotten back to me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 22 2012, 10:46 AM) *
I emailed Vivek, Ben & Danny, but no one has gotten back to me.

Yeah man, you'll have to ask them that on the show...probably the only way you'll get a quick answer.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Yeah man, you'll have to ask them that on the show...probably the only way you'll get a quick answer.

I don't think I'll get that answer, mainly b/c that's probably not the type of thing any of them want to commit to text.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 22 2012, 11:17 AM) *
I don't think I'll get that answer, mainly b/c that's probably not the type of thing any of them want to commit to text.

Who would?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.