Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Shows Are You Guys Watching?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Cshel86
I hope Im not the only one addicted to this damn show dntknw.gif Since the first episode (in 2008), I've been glued to the television and waiting for every upcoming episode. Whoever said crack was addictive, is selling True Blood short by a longshot...

Anyway, Season 5 kicks off on June 10th...any fans from FH? Im sick of these 50 second preview clips, but from what I read, the trailer is supposed to premiere tonight, right before Game of Thrones. Anybody care to explain to others about TB? Any predictions on this upcoming season?

Surely Im not the only one...
aTYpicalTYrant
Far from homie! I can't believe how good the show is! Me n my chick watch it faithfully! I have yet to see the last 4 episodes of last season but I'm gonna watch them within the next week. Be real I like almost every show I have ever attempted to watch on HBO. Who's your favorite character?
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 14 2012, 07:44 PM) *
Far from homie! I can't believe how good the show is! Me n my chick watch it faithfully! I have yet to see the last 4 episodes of last season but I'm gonna watch them within the next week. Be real I like almost every show I have ever attempted to watch on HBO. Who's your favorite character?

Whew...I almost broke a sweat thinking that I was the only one that watched it. Lol. I have all 4 season downloaded on my drive, and I'll be sure to try and upload episodes weekly, for those who want to download them.

As for my favorite character, I actually like all of them. If I had to make a choice though, I would go for Sam Merlotte...dude has a gritty past, but he hides all of it well, and he doesn't take shit from anybody. He ALWAYS gets the hottest women, but that damn Luna (Janina Gavankar) is the hottest thing to ever grace that show...well, it comes down to her and Jessica.

Ready for Russell Edgington and The Authority? Looks like Chris Meloni (from Law & Order) has a big part in Season 5, and he may just tear some shit up!

Im sure that season 4 is On Demand, or you can check it out at HBOGo.
aTYpicalTYrant
Jessica is my boo son! I get a kick out Lafayette's Fruity wit..... But yeah you right Sam always has a full stable man lol. Let me know when you upload those vids. I need it in my life!
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 15 2012, 01:00 PM) *
Jessica is my boo son! I get a kick out Lafayette's Fruity wit..... But yeah you right Sam always has a full stable man lol. Let me know when you upload those vids. I need it in my life!

We may have to trade blows over Jessica...do it like they used to do it in the old school...fight over the woman and she leaves with the winner laugh.gif Lafayette's character makes the show funny as shit (though most men have a problem watching it because he's gay). He's tough as shit, especially in that first season where he seemed to have kicked everybody's ass.

According to the books, Lafayette and Tara were supposed to die waaaaay earlier in the storyline, but it appears that the writers and producers have found ways to extend their characters. From what I've read, the writers are going to get into detail about Eric turning Pam back in the day, as well as visiting more of Eric's past...deeper than the viking stuff from Season 3.

Man Im ready to see just how powerful the authority will be this season, especially with Chris Meloni's new character. I forgot that Russell Edgington "off'd" the other guy from the authority in the 3rd season. Lol. The dialogue all the up to the true death by Edgington was funny as hell

As for the video uploads...I can have something going by Thurs or not later than Fri. Whatever file sharing site I choose, I want to make sure that I pay for it of course, so that the upload and download speed will work for everybody, including me. I like free trials and stuff, but I also believe in, "You get what you pay for".
Cshel86
Oh yeah, if you want to catch those last few episodes from last season, then you can simply register on HBOGo.com for free. They'll ask what your cable provider is, and from that point, you will log on with the same info that you use to log in to your cable provider's site to pay your bill. Easy! ALL 4 seasons are on there as well.

Hope this helps in the meantime. We're working on a part of the board where we can post stuff to upload fights, etc.
Cshel86
I'm wondering what shows occupy your time other than boxing. Of course True Blood is #1 on my top 5 list. I wanted to see if there are any shows that I'm REALLY missing out on, and I'm also looking to expand my list of shows.

Sunday night television is a must around here, and as knee-deep as I am into certain shows...it's safe to say that I'll NEVER get rid of HBO and Showtime! laugh.gif

HBO:
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
*I gave up on trying to watch Entourage when I found out that I was about 7 seasons in the hole
*Can somebody help me with Game of Thrones...I REALLY want to get into this show, but I cant seem to sit through an episode.

Showtime:
Shameless!!!
House of Lies (Great show!)
Californication (I've missed several seasons except the recent one, so I'll try to get caught up)

I've been hearing this buzz about a show called, Scandal...anybody know about that? How good is the show "Dexter"? I'm also trying to get into "Homeland". What are your favorite shows, and PLEASE help me get into some new stuff.
Cheesey1
I'm not really a fan of a lot of the stuff that's on. I consider myself of a bit of a writer (you haven't heard of me yet, but you will, mark my words), so since the people that write for these programs are getting paid a lot of money for stuff that I think is pure crap, I'm greener than the Incredible Hulk with envy.

P.S. I'll forget that you admitted to liking True Blood.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 21 2012, 04:28 PM) *
I'm not really a fan of a lot of the stuff that's on. I consider myself of a bit of a writer (you haven't heard of me yet, but you will, mark my words), so since the people that write for these programs are getting paid a lot of money for stuff that I think is pure crap, I'm greener than the Incredible Hulk with envy.

P.S. I'll forget that you admitted to liking True Blood.

Whatever Cheesey! Stop acting so damn old. Im sure that you watch something on television, especially since your girl has you in the headlock on the weekends. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Whatever Cheesey! Stop acting so damn old. Im sure that you watch something on television, especially since your girl has you in the headlock on the weekends. laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't rate a lot of the stuff that's on TV. I pay attention to the news a lot, but not the mostly superficial news programs that are on TV, except for the Bloomberg channel. I can watch that all day, except when it gets to the point where I get jealous of all the millionaires and billionaires on there (hater!).

I can't tolerate BET anymore - I miss the days when it actually had some sort of news on there that wasn't on the other channels (it's only saving grace now is when they show repeats of "Everybody Hates Chris" - big fan of that series). TVOne's better than BET and I'm also getting into the Africa Channel, but their programming is extremely limited. 'The Mentalist' is pretty cool, as is "Let's Make A Deal." Basically the only things that are must watch on TV are boxing, soccer, Bloomberg and certain cartoons (the superhero stuff), sometimes the Knicks.
I almost forgot the cooking/cookery programs. BBC America's got some cool stuff (Gordon Ramsey FTFW) and Chopped on the Food Network.

If 'Scandal' is the Kerry Washington series, I hope it succeeds, because she's a talented actress and very gentle on the eyes, in person and on the screen.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 22 2012, 12:08 PM) *
Seriously, I don't rate a lot of the stuff that's on TV. I pay attention to the news a lot, but not the mostly superficial news programs that are on TV, except for the Bloomberg channel. I can watch that all day, except when it gets to the point where I get jealous of all the millionaires and billionaires on there (hater!).

I can't tolerate BET anymore - I miss the days when it actually had some sort of news on there that wasn't on the other channels (it's only saving grace now is when they show repeats of "Everybody Hates Chris" - big fan of that series). TVOne's better than BET and I'm also getting into the Africa Channel, but their programming is extremely limited. 'The Mentalist' is pretty cool, as is "Let's Make A Deal." Basically the only things that are must watch on TV are boxing, soccer, Bloomberg and certain cartoons (the superhero stuff), sometimes the Knicks.
I almost forgot the cooking/cookery programs. BBC America's got some cool stuff (Gordon Ramsey FTFW) and Chopped on the Food Network.

If 'Scandal' is the Kerry Washington series, I hope it succeeds, because she's a talented actress and very gentle on the eyes, in person and on the screen.

Yeah Im utterly disgusted with BET...absolutely sucks ass nowadays. Some people call it EBT (for obvious reasons), and truthfully, I dont even get mad when I read comments like that anymore. The quality shows have either gone to shit, or BET finished putting the stake in the coffin (i.e. The Game).

Now they aim for pleasing the younger crowds, which is a disaster in itself. When I skim through 106th & Park, and hear about them welcoming home Lil Wayne, and other rappers that have gone to prison, that's usually a huge sign that the world has stooped to lowest level of dignity. I pray that somebody comes and buy TVOne and BET for a 2-for1 deal...something has to be done.

Scandal is GREAT, from what I've been hearing...haven't watched it yet. Anybody get a kick out of the stupid snitches on the First 48??? Love it!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 12:46 PM) *
Yeah Im utterly disgusted with BET...absolutely sucks ass nowadays. Some people call it EBT (for obvious reasons), and truthfully, I dont even get mad when I read comments like that anymore. The quality shows have either gone to shit, or BET finished putting the stake in the coffin (i.e. The Game).

Now they aim for pleasing the younger crowds, which is a disaster in itself. When I skim through 106th & Park, and hear about them welcoming home Lil Wayne, and other rappers that have gone to prison, that's usually a huge sign that the world has stooped to lowest level of dignity. I pray that somebody comes and buy TVOne and BET for a 2-for1 deal...something has to be done.

Scandal is GREAT, from what I've been hearing...haven't watched it yet. Anybody get a kick out of the stupid snitches on the First 48??? Love it!

Re. BET, yup. The buffoonery was bad before, but as you said, this focus on the young audience is buffoonery at its finest. To my eyes, that change became more pronounced when Robert 'Uncle Tom' Johnson sold the company to Viacom. Robert Johnson was kept as CEO of BET even after the sale, but I'm not sure if his stupid ass is still CEO. I do know that he's still filthy rich though.
From what I've read of the CEO of Viacom, Sumner Redstone, he's yet another right wing media baron. Not as bad as Rupert 'the phone hacker' Murdoch, but he's still down for the 'right' cause.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 25 2012, 10:17 AM) *
Re. BET, yup. The buffoonery was bad before, but as you said, this focus on the young audience is buffoonery at its finest. To my eyes, that change became more pronounced when Robert 'Uncle Tom' Johnson sold the company to Viacom. Robert Johnson was kept as CEO of BET even after the sale, but I'm not sure if his stupid ass is still CEO. I do know that he's still filthy rich though.
From what I've read of the CEO of Viacom, Sumner Redstone, he's yet another right wing media baron. Not as bad as Rupert 'the phone hacker' Murdoch, but he's still down for the 'right' cause.

At least you know that much about this dead television network. I just know that it sucks, and Im ready to see it go. It's funny how you can watch a show on MTV or VH1, and when a song plays, the artist, song title, etc. appears at the bottom of the screen. What happens when a song plays during a show on Bet? Yep you got it...you have to go on an endless conquest of Google searches to find out who sings the song.
aTYpicalTYrant
I can't be the only one that watches that show Archer on FX. One of the most witTY comedies I've seen. By the way it's f'n hilarious! Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix if anyone cares.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 17 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Oh yeah, if you want to catch those last few episodes from last season, then you can simply register on HBOGo.com for free. They'll ask what your cable provider is, and from that point, you will log on with the same info that you use to log in to your cable provider's site to pay your bill. Easy! ALL 4 seasons are on there as well.

Hope this helps in the meantime. We're working on a part of the board where we can post stuff to upload fights, etc.

Just finished the last of season 4 today! I can't wait to see how this new season pops off cuz its bout to get real!
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 26 2012, 03:36 PM) *
I can't be the only one that watches that show Archer on FX. One of the most witTY comedies I've seen. By the way it's f'n hilarious! Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix if anyone cares.

Bro, Archer is some of the funniest shit that they've put on television in a while. Everybody on the show is sarcastic as hell, but Archer is definitely the funniest one on the show! I didn't catch all of Season 3, but the first two were funny as shit!
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 26 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Just finished the last of season 4 today! I can't wait to see how this new season pops off cuz its bout to get real!

I cant wait to see how gangsta this Vampire Authority will be this season.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 25 2012, 09:37 PM) *
At least you know that much about this dead television network. I just know that it sucks, and Im ready to see it go. It's funny how you can watch a show on MTV or VH1, and when a song plays, the artist, song title, etc. appears at the bottom of the screen. What happens when a song plays during a show on Bet? Yep you got it...you have to go on an endless conquest of Google searches to find out who sings the song.

What's ironic is that MTV, vh1 and BET are all owned by Viacom.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 27 2012, 11:57 PM) *
What's ironic is that MTV, vh1 and BET are all owned by Viacom.

Wow...not good. Not good for BET anyway. I mean seriously, people/companies that blow off upgrades to keep up with the changes in the world, usually says a lot about them. Change is good...somebody should tell BET that.

Think about it, music videos hit the internet before they even hit these stations nowadays. There's no need to wait for news, because of the internet, smart phones (w/ internet access), and social networks. Changes like this will put people out of business.

Anyway, Im looking to catch up Californication...this past season was great, but I hate trying to figure out whats going during the current season. laugh.gif
Cshel86

Cant wait 'til next weekend! FNF, Bradley/Pacquiao PPV, and to end the weekend properly...the season 5 premiere of True Blood! Cant wait! <Bart Scott voice>
aTYpicalTYrant
I know you've been watching son! 2 episodes in I'm loving most of it. I'm not feeling Tara though.....
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jun 18 2012, 01:38 PM) *
I know you've been watching son! 2 episodes in I'm loving most of it. I'm not feeling Tara though.....

You read my thoughts! Tara's new character is already chapping my ass with all of that wild shit. I'm feeling the whole backstory of Pam, and it totally forgot that she was a prostitute. laugh.gif

Why is Lafayette such a biotch this season and last season? Dude was completely gangsta on the first 3 season, lol. Dude...HOYT is gangsta as hell this season, I'm really feeling how his character just goes off for no reason.

Cant wait for these next few episodes to what happens with The Authority cool.gif
pacco_diablo
True True Blood fan here. I've seen every episode! I was hooked the minute Bill Compton dug himself out the ground and started banging Sookie right there in the dirt during season one. I was like okay. I'm digging this.

I do have to say that last season was horrible. The way they gayed up Eric was hard to watch. Now he's back to his bad ass self and the show is off to a great start this year.

Those fairy bitches are HOTTT!
Cshel86
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 5 2012, 04:26 PM) *
True True Blood fan here. I've seen every episode! I was hooked the minute Bill Compton dug himself out the ground and started banging Sookie right there in the dirt during season one. I was like okay. I'm digging this.

I do have to say that last season was horrible. The way they gayed up Eric was hard to watch. Now he's back to his bad ass self and the show is off to a great start this year.

Yes, you're among some True fans bro! You pinpointed some memorable moments for that show, and I honestly believe that last week's episode was the best this season! Hope Luna aint dead though...
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 5 2012, 03:26 PM) *

We in here son! I wouldn't be surprised if there were more of us on the site. You watch HBO at all n you KNOW the deal! BTW Russell ain't fucking around!
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jul 17 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Russell ain't fucking around!

"PEACE IS FOR PUSSIES!!!"
Musashi100
never saw true blood but im going to check it out soon. but some of the current shows im watching are falling skie, breaking bad, dexter(new season coming). also just recently bout the complete serie of smallville.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Jul 22 2012, 12:56 PM) *
never saw true blood but im going to check it out soon. but some of the current shows im watching are falling skie, breaking bad, dexter(new season coming). also just recently bout the complete serie of smallville.

I've heard so much about Breaking Bad...I heard it's official. How many seasons have I missed? I need to check it out, ASAP!
Musashi100
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 22 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I've heard so much about Breaking Bad...I heard it's official. How many seasons have I missed? I need to check it out, ASAP!

5th season just started and it's the last season.
Cshel86
Only 3 episodes left??? WTF? Where has time gone? Fuuuuuuck!!!
Cshel86
Bumped
Cheesey1
Started really paying attention to Dexter last season and got to say that Dexter's a bad man! Watched a few episodes of Homeland and that seems interesting. A couple of story flaws, but not enough for me to have my occasional fits of anger.
Gambit808
Boardwalk Empire's got me hooked.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 7 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Started really paying attention to Dexter last season and got to say that Dexter's a bad man! Watched a few episodes of Homeland and that seems interesting. A couple of story flaws, but not enough for me to have my occasional fits of anger.

Dexter is that shit! I started watching season 1 after downloading it, but I didn't finish, especially after I found out that I was 6 seasons in the hole. Homeland seemed good, I caught I few episodes last season, but I wanted to catch it from the beginning. I cant believe that you watch tv Cheesey...you turned a new leaf. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 7 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Boardwalk Empire's got me hooked.

I heard it was great as well Gambit!

What got you hooked on it? I need to try and sit down and get into it. I dont know what to look for to get into it though. Any help?
daprofessor
boardwalk empire, treme, daily show, colbert report....b.a.d, showtime boxing, espn 2 friday night fights, hbo championship boxing, sho-box....just to name a few.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 10 2012, 08:50 PM) *
Dexter is that shit! I started watching season 1 after downloading it, but I didn't finish, especially after I found out that I was 6 seasons in the hole. Homeland seemed good, I caught I few episodes last season, but I wanted to catch it from the beginning. I cant believe that you watch tv Cheesey...you turned a new leaf. laugh.gif

I heard it was great as well Gambit!

What got you hooked on it? I need to try and sit down and get into it. I dont know what to look for to get into it though. Any help?

Ha!! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.