Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taylor on a tight rope...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/jermain-taylor-...s-filed---53112

Wow, the boxing world...no, the world of combat sport is getting interesting by the day. Two failed drug tests in 2 weeks, an MMA fighter totals his new Bentley while under the influence of alcohol, fighters becoming saints again (for the 5th time), and now, rape?

According to the article, Taylor was supposed to meet a woman at a hotel for sex, in exchange for money (stay with me folks). Then, they began to argue, and Taylor allegedly raped her. This question has already been posed...how in the hell do you show up for sex (in exchange for money) and end up getting raped?

Surely it's possible, but Im still stuck on the fact that he was about to meet her for sex in exchange for money. Prostitution? A form of it? Weird...

No arrests were made, though the manager of the hotel confirmed that Jermain was there at the time of the incident.
Franchize
Sounds very Kobe-ish but still...isn't Jermaine married? I could have swore his family was featured in a number of his interviews/ documentary pieces. What seemed like a very promising year for boxing is becoming really ugly. Controversy sells but not spousal abuse, rape, steroids, drunk driving. Those are black eyes for the boxing world.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 22 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Sounds very Kobe-ish but still...isn't Jermaine married? I could have swore his family was featured in a number of his interviews/ documentary pieces. What seemed like a very promising year for boxing is becoming really ugly. Controversy sells but not spousal abuse, rape, steroids, drunk driving. Those are black eyes for the boxing world.

I believe he is married...hope not though. I agree, this year has had shit smeared all over it, but hopefully the last half will make up for it. The only thing I dont agree with is rape/sexual abuse...other than that, drugs, drunk driving, steroids, and spousal abuse have become the norm. That doesn't make it right though.

I was surprised when I read the article, but Im sure all of the facts aren't present yet. Im sure they'll go through with the testing to see if she was raped or not, but for Jermain to be confirmed at the location and both of them were behind closed doors...we can almost guess whose word will be taken in this situation.

You'd be amazed at the things that a fighter would do towards (or at) then end of his career, but truthfully, most of them do wild shit at the beginning of their careers...so it's safe to say that it can happen at anytime with any fighter.
Cheesey1
The charges haven't even been filed and they were meeting for paid sex. IMO, she has very, very little to no credibility. Rape is never a joke, but she'd better have some serious evidence, otherwise this one has to be filed under a money grab.

leonthegee
How could it be rape? It doesnt even say the fucked. They argued, she got scared, and that equals rape? What kind of shit is that?
pesticid
it's not so bad, mike tyson was in jail for rape he got out and he did record breaking numbers with mcneely
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 12:27 PM) *
I believe he is married...hope not though.

Not for loooooong....
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 22 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Sounds very Kobe-ish

Not unless, while questioned by the police, he snitched on a friend/training partner's extra marital episodes (that ironically, had NOTHING to do with his extra marital episode). lol
leonthegee
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 22 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Not unless, while questioned by the police, he snitched on a friend/training partner's extra marital episodes (that ironically, had NOTHING to do with his extra marital episode). lol

Kobe didnt snitch on Shaq. Shaqs mistress came out with a book. Now you might not of got the word in Idaho, Oklahoma, or where ever the fuck your at, but it was no secret in SoCal
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 22 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Kobe didnt snitch on Shaq. Shaqs mistress came out with a book. Now you might not of got the word in Idaho, Oklahoma, or where ever the fuck your at, but it was no secret in SoCal

kobe's bitch ass threw shaq under the bus. don't co-sign that bullshit.

oh yeah...the lakers suck....and kobe is not MJ. he'll never get that 6th ring. laugh.gif
Hotsauce
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 22 2012, 04:33 PM) *

bruh kobe snitched
bnoles4life
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 22 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Oh, Shaq's mistress came out w/ a book the SAME week Kobe got "pinched"? So, the cops "leaked" Shaq's mistress' book to the press?

Ironically, someone w/ "gee" as in "gangsta" in their handle, doesn't consider that "snitchin'. <---Where they do that at?
mrchitown
Yeah, Kobe a rat. He put all of Shaq's business out there and he was the one accused of rape. Never been a fan of Kobe and most of it is in part to his diva attitude. Boxing is taking a big beating in the first half of 2012. Let's hope it picks up this summer and finishes strong towards the end of the year. I truly hope Jermain didn't do this, he presents himself as a religious man and a family man. I will reserve judgement on him. Let's see what te facts are
Franchize
I was hoping someone posted that video of Shaq's rap dissing Kobe laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 23 2012, 09:22 AM) *

You ask and you shall receive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbilFAG7ac
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/woman-recants-r...n-taylor--53188

So she retracted her statement, but snitched about recent incidents. Oh yeah guys, this chick was a known prostitute and it appears that Taylor has done this with her before, except this time it went wrong. Looks like Jermain is still in a bit of hot water, since he DID "solicit a prostitute".
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 23 2012, 10:22 AM) *

i was hoping someone would post the video of kobe getting punched in the grill by dude from the knicks. laugh.gif
Franchize
You ask and you shall receive...

thank you very much sir! made my day

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 01:27 PM) *
i was hoping someone would post the video of kobe getting punched in the grill by dude from the knicks. laugh.gif

Chris Childs lmaoooo I'm a diehard Knicks fan and that moment made for an amazing day! Str8 2 pieced him

mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 12:27 PM) *

Chris Childs gave Kobe a good ol 1-2 combo hahaha. He didn't know what happened. Kobe be talking alot of shit but don't never swing. I remember when Artest was with Hoston and they played the Lakers in the playoffs and Artest ran up on him and he just folded up
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 12:27 PM) *

You, too sir; you ask and you shall receive

Kobe gettin' served a 2-piece w/ a biscuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObQLW28_Gv4
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 24 2012, 01:20 PM) *
thank you very much sir! made my day

Chris Childs lmaoooo I'm a diehard Knicks fan and that moment made for an amazing day! Str8 2 pieced him

Me, too.....life long Knicks fan!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.