Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morales Looking at Another Showdown...or two.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/erik-morales-ma...sse-more--53164

According to the article, Morales' chances to face Garcia (again), Khan, and Marquez, are no longer an option. He look to face Maidana again (soon) or he can wait around for the winner of Soto/Matthysse on June 23rd.

It's likely that he will fight Maidana again, and the winner of that fight will face the winner of Soto/Matthysse before the end of this year. It would cool for that fight to be on the Alvarez/Williams PPV card, but Im sure GBP is smart enough to know that they can make money off of that fight on another date.

It's likely that Morales has two fights left with GBP in the Unites States, according to Schaefer. Hopefully he he waits for a couple of months before taking any fight, so he can at least get himself in some type of shape.
Franchize
I wouldnt mind seeing him fight Marquez. I know it won't be what it would be if they were in their primes but I'm sure it would still be exciting.
mitukczuk
I like Morales, but he really disappointed me with coming in overweight against Garcia. I'd definitely like to see the rematch with Maidana though. But Erik really needs to get in shape.

Morales/Marquez ? Yes please ! Too bad it's too late for it to be a high profile fight.
Cshel86
Newsflash folks...Morales/Marquez AINT happenin'! Let it go. He has a choice to face Maidana, or wait for the winner of Soto/Matthysse. I wouldn't even lose anymore sleep over the Marquez fight, especially since Bob is involved.

There's no way Bob is doing business with Oscar, and he wont put Marquez in another slugfest, especially since he's saving him for a 4th Pacquiao fight in November. No need to put more miles on the man before the end of the year. Besides, Erik will still be fat by July. laugh.gif
checkleft
The first fights/options you posted sound legit to me chels. He ain't fighting marquez guys we can forget about that
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 23 2012, 12:54 PM) *
Newsflash folks...Morales/Marquez AINT happenin'! Let it go.

Of course it is not happening, man. We all know that. It would just be good, nothing more nothing less.

Damn Arum, rly. In the house technique is starting to piss me off.
pesticid
If you ask Arum, he'll tell you that Morales vs Marquez has to marinate a little more so they can make a little more money blah blah. We could've had Gamboa vs Lopez. We won't have Donaire vs Rigo cause Donaire will get outclassed 8 out of 12.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 23 2012, 02:21 PM) *
The first fights/options you posted sound legit to me chels. He ain't fighting marquez guys we can forget about that

Im glad I stumbled upon that article, because after he lost the Garcia fight, I thought he was going to be on the backburner for a while.

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 23 2012, 03:02 PM) *
Of course it is not happening, man. We all know that. It would just be good, nothing more nothing less.

I had to go through some heartbreak when I saw it not happening. Arum will either give JMM a soft touch in July and Manny in November, or JMM will sit out until November...no way Arum puts that unnecessary mileage on him.

QUOTE (pesticid @ May 23 2012, 06:44 PM) *
If you ask Arum, he'll tell you that Morales vs Marquez has to marinate a little more so they can make a little more money blah blah. We could've had Gamboa vs Lopez. We won't have Donaire vs Rigo cause Donaire will get outclassed 8 out of 12.

I agree wit this post. Arum would say some bullshit about letting the fight marinate...as if it hasn't been marinating for damn near 10 years.
daprofessor
jmm/em needs to happen. damn bob arum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.