Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime Plans June Tripleheader to Replace Ortiz-Berto II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
In light of the cancellation of Ortiz-Berto II, Showtime is planning what could be a very good tripleheader. Story here:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12477.html

I say could be, because it's going to depend if Arreola fights somebody half-way decent, or a bum. I hate those TBA opponents!!!

Jack
Cshel86
I hate those TBA opponents too, but as long as Arreola fights first, then I can give two shits who he fights. At least the second and 3rd fight will make up for it. laugh.gif Showtime is making things happen because the Kayode/Tarver fight will be a quadruple-header...hopefully all of them will be televised.
Cheesey1
That's cool, but they dropped the ball this weekend. How on earth can they not show The Cobra vs. Le Tombeur? Stoopid!!!

Next weekend's highlights for me are the Trout/Rodriguez and Quillin/Wright matches.
daprofessor
wait...showtime isn't showing bute/froch? where am i supposed to catch that!?
thefloatingmonkey
It's going to be on Epix. You can sign up for a free trial with no credit card info needed.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ May 24 2012, 10:02 PM) *
It's going to be on Epix. You can sign up for a free trial with no credit card info needed.

Thanks for the reminder re. Epix. I was going to stream it from elsewhere.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 23 2012, 09:55 PM) *
In light of the cancellation of Ortiz-Berto II, Showtime is planning what could be a very good tripleheader. Story here:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12477.html

I say could be, because it's going to depend if Arreola fights somebody half-way decent, or a bum. I hate those TBA opponents!!!

Jack

Matthyse vs. Soto's another must see on this triple header. Arreola...not that much of a fan.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 25 2012, 05:27 PM) *
Matthyse vs. Soto's another must see on this triple header. Arreola...not that much of a fan.

Matthyse, alone, is worth me watchin'.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 25 2012, 07:01 PM) *

Definitely. I'm still waiting for the Maidana/Matthyse grudge match.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 25 2012, 06:01 PM) *

Absolutely!

Jack
Cshel86
I actually dont mind watching the nipple man (Arreola) fight nowadays. They're actually doing a good job building him back after that terrible loss to Klitz, followed by the loss to Adamek.

As long as they keep him on a card to kill time or hope to see him improve, then Im fine with it. When he's the main event, I then have a problem with it. He's fighting these same bums as he was a few years ago, problem was, he was headlining cards and getting paid good money to do it.

Oh my bad, I forgot that Haymon is his manager...shame on me, huh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.