Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roach talks Floyd vs Cotto 'Floyd's leg are gone, he needed to brawl'
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BlueMercury
leonthegee
Floyds not the one cramping up in fights. Im sick of Pactards living in the past. Manny hasnt had an exciting fight since Cotto and its obvious Mannys legs are gone. Stop hiding behind Slob Arum and put the nun in the ring. Bobblehead muthafucka.
mgrover
the man can really say some outright wrong shit
BoxingStill#1
Honestly, and Im sure Ill be chastised for saying this,..but in my opinion he's half right.

Not about the part about his legs, but about the part how Floyed HAD to brawl....I dont think he had as much control as he says he did in that fight. Cotto walked him down and did a beautiful job of cutting the ring off. I think Floyed did try to move in the middle rounds and Cotto stepped the pressure up..

Anyone who has ever fought or boxed can agree...

Cotto took the fight to him, Floyed didnt willing turn it into a fight because "fuck it, lets give the fans what they want"....
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 24 2012, 07:07 AM) *
Honestly, and Im sure Ill be chastised for saying this,..but in my opinion he's half right.

Not about the part about his legs, but about the part how Floyed HAD to brawl....I dont think he had as much control as he says he did in that fight. Cotto walked him down and did a beautiful job of cutting the ring off. I think Floyed did try to move in the middle rounds and Cotto stepped the pressure up..

Cotto took the fight to him, Floyed didnt willing turn it into a fight because "fuck it, lets give the fans what they want"....

Box, I can get behind that (pause). I think it's a fair assessment.
Cshel86
I dont believe anybody just suddenly gives the fans what they want" in a fight against Cotto. We all know that one punch can change a fight (as I was preaching during my prediction of this fight), so no way in hell Mayweather just decided to go that route for that reason alone.

He could have just ran and circled Cotto all night (or when things got rough), so in a sense, I agree with him about biting down and fighting, but I couldn't roll with the "giving the fans what they want to see" statement.

Roach has done a beautiful job of making Manny look bad, so this statement came as no surprise. The kettle pretty much called the pot black. Since Manny moved up from 135, Roach has been crying about fighters being "too big" for Manny and so forth, so they've been "upping" those guys' handicap meter before the fight.

As I mentioned earlier this week, Manny's legs have been cramping in fights, but he claims that it's his conditioning...when really, his legs only seem to cramp up when he's getting his ass kicked or when he doesn't look "superhuman" in a fight.
Franchize
I never thought Floyd stood in the pocket because he wanted to give the fans a good fight. Like Cshel said, you don't play to the fans in a fight vs Cotto. However, I also don't think Floyd had no choice either. I think in his last few fights, Floyd is pretty much challenging himself. Much like Roy Jones did going heavyweight. Despite Floyd's brash, nonchalant persona, I'm sure it's gotta be demeaning and disrespectful to him that people have the audacity to call him scared of another fighter or say he runs. The man has dominated the sport yet so much focus goes on everything negative he does or doesn't do (ironically similar to his life outside the ring). Therefore, I think he looked at Cotto, a bigger man with unquestioned HOF credentials, who's come to resurrect himself as a dominant fighter and as he said "fuck [him] up", and said "challenge accepted." You might THINK you want war with me but I'm gonna show you just how bad you really don't. You might THINK all you have to do is get to my body and stop me from moving but I'm going to show you that's just the beginning of your problems.

You don't maintain an undefeated record, make all that money and still want to get in the ring without a fire to challenge yourself. It's a foregone conclusion at this point that Floyd could outbox anyone from the outside for 12 rounds. I think the challenge now in Floyd's head is "can I not only win but beat guys at their own game?" I think it started even before he started brawling more. I think it started when he fought Marquez.

Marquez, you're considered a great counter puncher?...I'm going to show you I'm a greater one.
Shane Mosley wants to stand in the pocket an throw bombs?... I'm going to do the same and do it better.
Victor Ortiz wants to walk me down and be the aggressor?...I'm going to turn the tables, walk him down and make HIM back up.
Miguel Cotto wants to fight a physical fight and throw wicked combinations?...I'm gonna do that too and STILL win!
karmine20
Freddie "cock man" roach, he is a complete idiot. his comments are always so far left field its unbelieveable sometimes. Manny cramping in damn near his last three matches obviously isnt a issue. Ha ha ha he is so laughable.
Jovi
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 24 2012, 08:07 AM) *

(as a boxer) true, during this cotto brought the fight to him. It looked like Mayweather wasnt strong enough to push cotto back when he was coming in, I remember yelling when i was watching this because he wouldn't get off the ropes, cotto was catching him too. Not all the time, but more than others have, his only advantage was on the ropes and his jabs were pretty serious.....If mayweather just kept that right hook coming and boxed from a distance, the 12th round wouldve probably been the 9th or 10th..
Jovi
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 24 2012, 09:22 AM) *
I never thought Floyd stood in the pocket because he wanted to give the fans a good fight. Like Cshel said, you don't play to the fans in a fight vs Cotto. However, I also don't think Floyd had no choice either. I think in his last few fights, Floyd is pretty much challenging himself. Much like Roy Jones did going heavyweight. Despite Floyd's brash, nonchalant persona, I'm sure it's gotta be demeaning and disrespectful to him that people have the audacity to call him scared of another fighter or say he runs. The man has dominated the sport yet so much focus goes on everything negative he does or doesn't do (ironically similar to his life outside the ring). Therefore, I think he looked at Cotto, a bigger man with unquestioned HOF credentials, who's come to resurrect himself as a dominant fighter and as he said "fuck [him] up", and said "challenge accepted." You might THINK you want war with me but I'm gonna show you just how bad you really don't. You might THINK all you have to do is get to my body and stop me from moving but I'm going to show you that's just the beginning of your problems.

You don't maintain an undefeated record, make all that money and still want to get in the ring without a fire to challenge yourself. It's a foregone conclusion at this point that Floyd could outbox anyone from the outside for 12 rounds. I think the challenge now in Floyd's head is "can I not only win but beat guys at their own game?" I think it started even before he started brawling more. I think it started when he fought Marquez.

Marquez, you're considered a great counter puncher?...I'm going to show you I'm a greater one.
Shane Mosley wants to stand in the pocket an throw bombs?... I'm going to do the same and do it better.
Victor Ortiz wants to walk me down and be the aggressor?...I'm going to turn the tables, walk him down and make HIM back up.
Miguel Cotto wants to fight a physical fight and throw wicked combinations?...I'm gonna do that too and STILL win!

i like this, i just hope he doesnt fight Martinez then, i dont want him fighting with his hands down.....against martinez
mrwigi
HA!
leonthegee
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 24 2012, 06:22 AM) *

Floyd has something these other fighters dont have and thats versatlity. Floyd fought Hatton on the inside. Are you gonna say Floyds legs were shot then? Hell no. Floyd fights toe to toe because he can. He goes to the ropes because he can but its always on his term not the other fighters. Against Cotto he had to go to the ropes because he couldnt land many clean blows with those 10oz gloves. So in order to get Cotto to exchange he went back to the ropes. When Cotto throwing punches his hands arent up protecting his face. Cotto still barely landed 20% of his total punches. You guys are acting like Floyd was Apollo Creed and Cotto was Drago. LMAO
Cshel86
One thing I do like about Freddie is that he's usually honest when answering questions about his fighter. If Manny's distracted and having a not-so-good camp, then he admits it.

He's dropped some honest shit about Manny over the years, that most trainers would want to keep under wraps...especially about Manny's money and tendency to be hard-headed.

If you ask any other trainer about their fighter, then most likely they'll keep the "everything's going fine" act in full swing...
daprofessor

this is exactly why i want to see the rematch. smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 24 2012, 08:56 AM) *
I dont believe anybody just suddenly gives the fans what they want" in a fight against Cotto. We all know that one punch can change a fight (as I was preaching during my prediction of this fight), so no way in hell Mayweather just decided to go that route for that reason alone.

He could have just ran and circled Cotto all night (or when things got rough), so in a sense, I agree with him about biting down and fighting, but I couldn't roll with the "giving the fans what they want to see" statement.

Roach has done a beautiful job of making Manny look bad, so this statement came as no surprise. The kettle pretty much called the pot black. Since Manny moved up from 135, Roach has been crying about fighters being "too big" for Manny and so forth, so they've been "upping" those guys' handicap meter before the fight.

As I mentioned earlier this week, Manny's legs have been cramping in fights, but he claims that it's his conditioning...when really, his legs only seem to cramp up when he's getting his ass kicked or when he doesn't look "superhuman" in a fight.

disagree with the first bold.

totally agree with the second.
daprofessor

sounds good in theory...but i think it's more of what he has to do than anything. when shane buckled him with that shot...giving movement and boxing was an option that probably would have worked...but taking it right back to shane was more effective. as for the fight with marquez...there was no need to give him movement. marquez is zero parts aggressive. ortiz...that kid was mind fucked before the fight ever happened. floyd is a guy who accepts challenges and pushes himself to very high heights. i believe if he could have made the cotto fight easier...he would have. nothing in his body language suggested that he accepted any challenges imo. if anything...he looked very uncomfortable throughout. to his credit...he found what worked in the last couple of rounds and he closed the show but even then...i saw uncertainty which is why he didn't step in when he hurt cotto momentarily. i want the rematch. it's the best fight out there to be made.
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 24 2012, 11:39 AM) *
Floyd has something these other fighters dont have and thats versatlity. Floyd fought Hatton on the inside. Are you gonna say Floyds legs were shot then? Hell no. Floyd fights toe to toe because he can. He goes to the ropes because he can but its always on his term not the other fighters. Against Cotto he had to go to the ropes because he couldnt land many clean blows with those 10oz gloves. So in order to get Cotto to exchange he went back to the ropes. When Cotto throwing punches his hands arent up protecting his face. Cotto still barely landed 20% of his total punches. You guys are acting like Floyd was Apollo Creed and Cotto was Drago. LMAO

are u using the 10oz gloves as an excuse? it sounds like it.
mrwigi
OK. I don't think Cotto is getting the credit he deserves. I dont think Floyds legs are gone, i think he fought a strong smart fighter. If you have no legs, then when you get hit with a hard flush shot, your going down, or at least going to be wobbled. Where was Floyd hurt in this fight? I think Cotto is a smarter fighter than most give him credit for. I think if the Pac was to fight Cotto at 154 fair and square right now, it would be a different fight than what we saw the 1st time around.

The truth of the matter is, nobody adjust like FLoyd does. And someone mentioned mosley, ortiz, cotto, and marquez, but they forgot hatton. Thats just what he's been doing lately..
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrwigi @ May 24 2012, 01:25 PM) *
OK. I don't think Cotto is getting the credit he deserves. I dont think Floyds legs are gone, i think he fought a strong smart fighter. If you have no legs, then when you get hit with a hard flush shot, your going down, or at least going to be wobbled. Where was Floyd hurt in this fight? I think Cotto is a smarter fighter than most give him credit for. I think if the Pac was to fight Cotto at 154 fair and square right now, it would be a different fight than what we saw the 1st time around.

The truth of the matter is, nobody adjust like FLoyd does. And someone mentioned mosley, ortiz, cotto, and marquez, but they forgot hatton. Thats just what he's been doing lately..

exactly! great post.
MaxPayne
I don't understand what the fuck kind of shit people are on.

Riddle me this: so Floyd's legs are dead, but he spends ROUNDS NINE THROUGH TWELVE DANCING WITH COTTO and slapping the shit out of him from the outside ?

That's usually the time when an aging boxer whose legs are REALLY gone is simply looking to hold on, because he can't escape barrages of punches !

Floyd is not the Floyd from 2005, when he beat the dog shit out of Arturo Gatti. However, his legs still have more juice than practically any boxer out there.

The asshole in Floyd wanted to let Cotto get in a position to brawl, so he could beat him at his own game. Show him that no matter what the fuck he tried, he was going to get bashed.
Cshel86
Wanna see some bad legs? Anybody remember Vargas vs Mayorga? Man...Fernando's legs were no good in that fight, not to mention that he was probably close to 180lbs on fight night. Looked like he had an inner tube around his waist, or a floatie...whatever you wanna call it. Anyway, his legs weren't anything impressive in that fight...
Franchize
In both the Ortiz and Cotto fight, everytime Floyd decided to turn the table and be the one pressing the fight, there was nothing either fighter could do. Say what you will about his legs, his movement or whatever. That is an absolute fact. When Floyd came forward against those guys, they were defenseless. When he went to the ropes and/or ducked nd dodged in the pocket, he gave them a chance, allbeit unnecessarily. Nobody will ever know except for him why. That being said, when he came forward is when he showed just how much better than those guys he was. That's one thing I know for a fact. So if a guy who can dominate coming forward in that fashion, I find it hard to believe he was forced into any style of fight. The only thing Floyd was forced into was competition!
karmine20
I honestly believe until this fairy tale fight is made between Mayweather and pac roid. Floyd just wont get his just dues. He is bar none the best fighter out right now. Dont get me wrong Pac is another GOOD fighter but not GREAT. Here is the reason why he is a good fighter versus a great elite fighter. Where was he when floyd was fighting gattie, beating the hamster shit out of diego corales. #2 pac cannot adjust within a fight and he damn sure can't fight going backwards. #3 he gets hit more than Floyd and has absolutley no DEFENSE. He just takes on too much damage. You def can tell when he is frustrated. Marquez made him look very ordinary versus when floyd fought him he couldnt land a damn punch in the first 5 rounds.. Riddle me that.. Dont get me wrong i love to watch paq because he is an exciting fighter but he's not great. He takes to many advangtages going into a fight. Ie their either was coming off of a bad LOSS, they had to give up weight in order to make the fight ie mr catch weight king. When is the last time pac fought someone coming off a terrific win. Hmmmmmmmmmmm i think mr Timothy bradley is the last i can remember, and his last win is very SUSPECT. To make a long story short, each fight is different and there is no blue print on beating floyd. So he can either take it to you or box circles around you . I do believe if and when the fight happens Floyd is goign to box pac into a coma. He wont take those same risk he took against cotto because pac obviously only has a PUNCHERS chance. and its clear pac is a far better puncher than cotto unless it was the roids giving him the extra effort.. but who really knows aside from freddie "cock man" roach and Builder the bob arum.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 24 2012, 02:17 PM) *
In both the Ortiz and Cotto fight, everytime Floyd decided to turn the table and be the one pressing the fight, there was nothing either fighter could do. Say what you will about his legs, his movement or whatever. That is an absolute fact. When Floyd came forward against those guys, they were defenseless. When he went to the ropes and/or ducked nd dodged in the pocket, he gave them a chance, allbeit unnecessarily. Nobody will ever know except for him why. That being said, when he came forward is when he showed just how much better than those guys he was. That's one thing I know for a fact. So if a guy who can dominate coming forward in that fashion, I find it hard to believe he was forced into any style of fight. The only thing Floyd was forced into was competition!

he pressed against ortiz and was taggin the shit out of him with those right hands. i missed the part where floyd came forward against cotto and he was defenseless. feel free to give me the rounds and i'll check them out.
daprofessor
QUOTE (karmine20 @ May 24 2012, 02:25 PM) *
I honestly believe until this fairy tale fight is made between Mayweather and pac roid. Floyd just wont get his just dues. He is bar none the best fighter out right now. Dont get me wrong Pac is another GOOD fighter but not GREAT. Here is the reason why he is a good fighter versus a great elite fighter. Where was he when floyd was fighting gattie, beating the hamster shit out of diego corales. #2 pac cannot adjust within a fight and he damn sure can't fight going backwards. #3 he gets hit more than Floyd and has absolutley no DEFENSE. He just takes on too much damage. You def can tell when he is frustrated. Marquez made him look very ordinary versus when floyd fought him he couldnt land a damn punch in the first 5 rounds.. Riddle me that.. Dont get me wrong i love to watch paq because he is an exciting fighter but he's not great. He takes to many advangtages going into a fight. Ie their either was coming off of a bad LOSS, they had to give up weight in order to make the fight ie mr catch weight king. When is the last time pac fought someone coming off a terrific win. Hmmmmmmmmmmm i think mr Timothy bradley is the last i can remember, and his last win is very SUSPECT. To make a long story short, each fight is different and there is no blue print on beating floyd. So he can either take it to you or box circles around you . I do believe if and when the fight happens Floyd is goign to box pac into a coma. He wont take those same risk he took against cotto because pac obviously only has a PUNCHERS chance. and its clear pac is a far better puncher than cotto unless it was the roids giving him the extra effort.. but who really knows aside from freddie "cock man" roach and Builder the bob arum.

i don't believe floyd will ever get credit. he should have fought pac by this point. i believe he would have beat him the same way he beat gatti. floyds style is all wrong for pac. unfortunately, bradley is going to be the one to knock pac off the pedestal. i take nothing away from pac. his victories over barrera, morales and marquez1 were impressive. i thought he lost the 2nd and 3rd fight against jmm.
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 02:27 PM) *
he pressed against ortiz and was taggin the shit out of him with those right hands. i missed the part where floyd came forward against cotto and he was defenseless. feel free to give me the rounds and i'll check them out.

I haven't watched the fight in a while but the last round and the 4th round for sure. He nearly KO'd Cotto in the last round. Then he let the foot off the gas
Cshel86
QUOTE (karmine20 @ May 24 2012, 02:25 PM) *
I honestly believe until this fairy tale fight is made between Mayweather and pac roid. Floyd just wont get his just dues.

Check this out, if Manny looks bad against Bradley and Marquez (at the end of this year), and the big fight happens next and Floyd wins...guess what we'll hear...

"Oh, Mayweather waited until Pacquiao slowed down, THEN he decided to take the fight." I think it's safe to say that Floyd will NEVER get his just due. The only thing he needs to worry about is getting paid, because that "just due" that he's waiting on, will surely outlast him.
karmine20
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 01:52 PM) *
i don't believe floyd will ever get credit. he should have fought pac by this point. i believe he would have beat him the same way he beat gatti. floyds style is all wrong for pac. unfortunately, bradley is going to be the one to knock pac off the pedestal. i take nothing away from pac. his victories over barrera, morales and marquez1 were impressive. i thought he lost the 2nd and 3rd fight against jmm.

I totally agree with you on the Jmm fight #2 and #3. However, Iím a little hesitant about this timothy Bradley fight. I believe he has all the natural abilities to beat paq and frustrate him a lot. However he can go into any exchanges throwing wide punches like he is accustom of doing. Otherwise it will be a quick night for him. If he can control his aggression and throw more crisp short punches pac will be in for a long night. Shane and Marquez already showed if you give him any lateral movement he a done for. Iím actually really hoping he loses, so this whole mayweather paq fight can finally go to rest. Faucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 24 2012, 02:53 PM) *
I haven't watched the fight in a while but the last round and the 4th round for sure. He nearly KO'd Cotto in the last round. Then he let the foot off the gas

fighters that are nearly ko'd don't attack the way cotto was right after floyd landed that shot. he stunned cotto, no doubt...but cotto took the fight right back to him which is why floyd gave him movement. like cshel said...u don't move like that in the 11th and 12th if ur legs are gone.
daprofessor
QUOTE (karmine20 @ May 24 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I totally agree with you on the Jmm fight #2 and #3. However, Iím a little hesitant about this timothy Bradley fight. I believe he has all the natural abilities to beat paq and frustrate him a lot. However he can go into any exchanges throwing wide punches like he is accustom of doing. Otherwise it will be a quick night for him. If he can control his aggression and throw more crisp short punches pac will be in for a long night. Shane and Marquez already showed if you give him any lateral movement he a done for. Iím actually really hoping he loses, so this whole mayweather paq fight can finally go to rest. Faucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

i'm picking bradley to win...and maybe even by stoppage. i think cotto showed that pac doesn't know how to cut a ring too. pac will be an after thought after june 9th and the pac/may talk will cease. bring on the cotto rematch...or maybe even bradley/mayweather.
karmine20

I donít even know why we entertain anything Freddie "the cock man" roach says. He clearly is off his rocker. I never hear/listen to anything roach says, itís just pure blasphemy. He says anything for attention. Or could he be using this as a way to get to Floyd and secure another ass whooping for Manny. Because we all know if Lil ole Timmy donít give it to him Floyd sure in the hell will as long as he takes the appropriate share. hmmmmmmmmmmm good tactic if that indeed is the reason for his blatant bs ass comment.
leonthegee
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 09:50 AM) *
are u using the 10oz gloves as an excuse? it sounds like it.

An excuse for what?
mrchitown
Roach is full of shit. This is what he does, he heaps praise upon fighters in his gym and he degrades other boxers. I've all ways liked Roach but people have no common sense these days. This guy was a mediocre trainer for 95% of his training career and now that Manny is some kind of legend which is bullshit in my opinion, Roach is now a HOF trainer and the best in the sport. I call bullshit. He trains all fighters one way, none of them have great defense and his best fighter after Manny, which is Khan, fights like an amateur. Sometimes I think Roach thinks he's the star. His comments on mayweather are laughable
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 24 2012, 03:26 PM) *
An excuse for what?

u said:

"Against Cotto he had to go to the ropes because he couldnt land many clean blows with those 10oz gloves."

as if to suggest the 10oz gloves were the reason floyd couldn't land...
mitukczuk
Alright.

First of - Roach can say whatever the f he wants. I wouldn't expect him to do anything else than bashing on Floyd. He knows the truth, so he must give himself and the public the confidence to believe that Manny is capable of something he is actually not capable of. (Anyone knows what that is? ;-) ) Sadly, he does it by talking nonsense.

Second - Floyd is 35. Of course he is not using his legs as he used to. It's natural. If anything, just appreciate the fact he was able to adapt even to the good ol' aging process.

Third - Can't believe this discussion even exists.

BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 24 2012, 06:19 PM) *
Alright.

First of - Roach can say whatever the f he wants. I wouldn't expect him to do anything else than bashing on Floyd. He knows the truth, so he must give himself and the public the confidence to believe that Manny is capable of something he is actually not capable of. (Anyone knows what that is? ;-) ) Sadly, he does it by talking nonsense.

Second - Floyd is 35. Of course he is not using his legs as he used to. It's natural. If anything, just appreciate the fact he was able to adapt even to the good ol' aging process.

Third - Can't believe this discussion even exists.

Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 05:20 PM) *
u said:

"Against Cotto he had to go to the ropes because he couldnt land many clean blows with those 10oz gloves."

Its not a excuse but if you don't think 10 oz Grants help yor defense, then you arent paying attention. Grants are HUGE gloves. Ultimately, Floyd adjusted and just looped the right hand around his guard. Non issue
leonthegee
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 24 2012, 02:20 PM) *
u said:

The 10oz gloves were a factor. Floyd averages 46% connect percentage through out his carreer and his connect percentage was about 29% against Cotto. Those huges ass gloves definetly were a factor. That said Floyd still won convincetly.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 24 2012, 01:07 PM) *
Wanna see some bad legs? Anybody remember Vargas vs Mayorga? Man...Fernando's legs were no good in that fight, not to mention that he was probably close to 180lbs on fight night. Looked like he had an inner tube around his waist, or a floatie...whatever you wanna call it. Anyway, his legs weren't anything impressive in that fight...

I hadn't seen legs that bad since Bruce Lee broke down Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 24 2012, 11:06 PM) *
I hadn't seen legs that bad since Bruce Lee broke down Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon

Oh how heartbroken I was during that scene laugh.gif At least the Bowflex commercials saved his career...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 24 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Oh how heartbroken I was during that scene laugh.gif At least the Bowflex commercials saved his career...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzQ2qrtBeg

Around the 5 min. mark, things start to get ugly for ol' Chuckles
Cshel86
MAN! Why did you post this shit...tryin to fuck up my night, lol. Chuck didn't stand a chance, and he wore the right color belt (white), cause thats exactly how bad he fought. no2.gif

PS: I never understood the random moment with the cat in that scene. I was like, "What tha fuck for?" laugh.gif
p4pcrown

Agreed
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 24 2012, 10:33 PM) *
MAN! Why did you post this shit...tryin to fuck up my night, lol. Chuck didn't stand a chance, and he wore the right color belt (white), cause thats exactly how bad he fought. no2.gif

PS: I never understood the random moment with the cat in that scene. I was like, "What tha fuck for?" laugh.gif

My fault, my dude. LOL!!! ...and about that cat...TRUE STORY. I was like, "Oookaaay. There's a cat. Who's cat is that? Why does that cat happen to be there, at that one spot, among all of the possibilities? Why is that cat NOT startled by this ass whippin' Bruce is so generously giving out and simultaneously, Chuckles seems pretty damn happy on accepting?"
Franchize
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 25 2012, 01:15 PM) *
My fault, my dude. LOL!!! ...and about that cat...TRUE STORY. I was like, "Oookaaay. There's a cat. Who's cat is that? Why does that cat happen to be there, at that one spot, among all of the possibilities? Why is that cat NOT startled by this ass whippin' Bruce is so generously giving out and simultaneously, Chuckles seems pretty damn happy on accepting?"

One of the gr8 mysteries in movies lmao

#1 That cat
#2 WTF was in the case in Pulp Fiction
#3 WTF was going on with that person and the bear in The Shining?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 25 2012, 01:18 PM) *
One of the gr8 mysteries in movies lmao

#1 That cat
#2 WTF was in the case in Pulp Fiction
#3 WTF was going on with that person and the bear in The Shining?

1. That damn cat!!!!

2. I've heard it was supposed to be the Holy Grail

3. Yeeeeaaaah, the bear....I'm gonna be honest w/ ya....I saw that flick as a kid and it scared the shit outta me...to the point, if I ever were to meet Jack Nicholson in person, I'd kill 'em, just on the off chance that he's really that crazy fuck in that movie!!!! In short, I don't worry about what was the meaning w/ that bear, mainly b/c my eyes are peeled directly on ol' Mr. Nicholson...IF that's REALLY his name. nono.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 25 2012, 05:18 PM) *
1. That damn cat!!!!

2. I've heard it was supposed to be the Holy Grail

3. Yeeeeaaaah, the bear....I'm gonna be honest w/ ya....I saw that flick as a kid and it scared the shit outta me...to the point, if I ever were to meet Jack Nicholson in person, I'd kill 'em, just on the off chance that he's really that crazy fuck in that movie!!!! In short, I don't worry about what was the meaning w/ that bear, mainly b/c my eyes are peeled directly on ol' Mr. Nicholson...IF that's REALLY his name. nono.gif

I didnt see the movie until I was an adult. I remember the day like it was yesterday. My and my boy were at my crib chillin, flicking through the channels. He looks on the cable guide and says "Oh shit The Shining is on." Realizing Im not as enthusiastic as him, he asked me why I don't like it. I told him I never saw it. He yell "what, you never saw it? we gotta watch it right now." I agreed and began watching it. Jack Nicholson's psychotic paranoia was jaw dropping to say the least. Then the scene with the bear happened. wtf.gif After saying whaaaaaat theeeee fuuuuuuuuuck under my breath and my body being completely frozen for about 5minutes, I looked to my friend and said "Take this demonic shit off my TV right now!" It totally fucked my head up for he rest of th day. Maybe even the week. Hands down the strangest shit I've ever seen in a movie. And I've seen all the Jackass movies
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 25 2012, 05:41 PM) *
I didnt see the movie until I was an adult. I remember the day like it was yesterday. My and my boy were at my crib chillin, flicking through the channels. He looks on the cable guide and says "Oh shit The Shining is on." Realizing Im not as enthusiastic as him, he asked me why I don't like it. I told him I never saw it. He yell "what, you never saw it? we gotta watch it right now." I agreed and began watching it. Jack Nicholson's psychotic paranoia was jaw dropping to say the least. Then the scene with the bear happened. wtf.gif After saying whaaaaaat theeeee fuuuuuuuuuck under my breath and my body being completely frozen for about 5minutes, I looked to my friend and said "Take this demonic shit off my TV right now!" It totally fucked my head up for he rest of th day. Maybe even the week. Hands down the strangest shit I've ever seen in a movie. And I've seen all the Jackass movies

LMMFAO!!!!!! I KNOW! I KNOW! THAT is why I will kill Jack Nicholson, should I ever be in his company!!!! However, here's the "kicker" about that scene...did you notice it was a cross b/t a pig and a bear? These MF's had this hybrid Pigear (Pig/Bear) blowin', who looks to be a butler!!!!! Jus' sick shit! Dammit.....i'm not waitin' on Jack...I'm seek'n this MF out!!!
JammyJam

Naw you are right, I agree with you Floyd had no choice but to stay in the pocket and brawl, in the early rounds he would get trapped on the ropes, counter and get out.... but those middle rounds cotto put his head in Floyds chest and would grab and hold so he couldnt leave. Pac wouldn't be able to that though.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (JammyJam @ May 25 2012, 07:43 PM) *
Naw you are right, I agree with you Floyd had no choice but to stay in the pocket and brawl, in the early rounds he would get trapped on the ropes, counter and get out.... but those middle rounds cotto put his head in Floyds chest and would grab and hold so he couldnt leave. Pac wouldn't be able to that though.

Not that he couldnt, but he wouldnt....

IMO Pac doesnt have that type of ring intelligence.. He moves just because...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.