Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute vs Froch Predictions
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
i will be covering this fight for the blog saturday night so remember and add your scores on fighthype and i will add to the blog along with all the other scores i collect.

Regarding the fight , most forums are pretty split on who they think will win the fight although in just about all of them Bute is the Favorite.

I think that Bute has all the questions to answer in this fight...he is away from home in a big fight for the 1st time and Froch is by far the best opponent he has faced.

Froch has beat and fought the much better opposition although many dont know how much he has left..too many hard fights.

Can i just say this...Arthur Abraham did what Bute has done....he stayed at home fighting decent although NOT elite fighters BUT when he eventually did fight the elite HE was found out...BIGTIME.

Froch to me has always been the favorite in this fight and i give Bute respect for taking this in Nottingham. Saying that though Froch is tested against the elite and Bute isnt thats why i think Froch will win on points around the 8-4 , 7-5 mark.
mgrover
i havent seen enough of bute to give a fair assessment but i know froch will be there with something to prove, nobody likes to be humiliated like that, and he'll be giving everything he has in this fight to earn another against Ward even thought i don't think he'll ever beat Ward
Cheesey1
Agreed about Froch having faced superior competition.

The only thing that is stopping me from expecting a clear victory by Froch is that Bute seems to be the naturally bigger/taller guy and technically is no slouch. For me, whenever you're taller, have power and know how to use the height/length advantage, then on paper, you've definitely got the upper hand.

Nonetheless, I'm picking the Cobra.
BoxingEinstein

The Cobra is going to put The Boot on Bute. War Froch!!! 11th Round TKO.
daprofessor
i'm thinking bute has the style to beat froch...but what remains to be seen is how bute can deal with the rowdy hometown crowd of nottingham. we'll see.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 24 2012, 08:54 PM) *
The Cobra is going to put The Boot on Bute. War Froch!!! 11th Round TKO.

The Boot on Bute. Ha!
Franchize
I think Bute by a wide decision.
Cshel86
Froch gets hit way too much for my liking...Bute by decision (he may just stop him).
Franchize
As impressive as Andre Ward was, the story of that night for me was how suprisingly slow Froch looked.

This fight is on EPIX right?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 25 2012, 09:28 AM) *
As impressive as Andre Ward was, the story of that night for me was how suprisingly slow Froch looked.

This fight is on EPIX right?

Yup.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 25 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Yup.

Is it me or is EPIX really dark. I watch it on SD or HD and it's the same shit. Everything looks like it's filmed in a cave...especially that segment with Dan Rafael and Freddie Roach.
checkleft
Hmm toss up to me, a guy who gets hit way too much against an untested guy who has shown he has a questionable chin...
Franchize
I think this is going to be a really good fight. I think Bute will beat him convincingly but Froch will put in a valiant effort.
Jack 1000
Sup all?

I'll go with Bute around 116-112 (twice.) and 114-114. There is an outside chance that Andrede I, where Andrede confused Bute for the majority of the rounds could show up. However, I think Bute has improved since that fight. Bute is just a little too fast with moving and countering. Froch likes to wrestle and clinch and maul. He needs an inside game, but Lucien has the skills to not invite him into an in-fight trap.

Why 114-114? We have a British judge according to Eastside boxing: (also a Canadian judge.) Here you go:

Ref will be Earl Brown from N.J., same guy who did the Johnson-Froch fight.

Judges will be Howard Foster from England, Benoit Roussel from Canada and Steve Weisfeld from the U.S.

Howard Foster is the ref that was at least noted for giving Ricky Hatton extra time when he was in trouble to tie his shoes!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400547

Jack
mrchitown
I'd like nothing more then for Froch to win this fight but I got Bute beating him by decision. Although Bute could possibly stop him. Bute throws some vey good body shots, I'd like to see him work in combinations and hit Froch downstairs because it will definitely pay off down the road. In the many fights I've seen of Froch he's all ways there, giving it his all but he gets gassed too often. And I believe he didn't beat Andre Dirrell when they fought, Dirrell was schooling him, Froch just made the fight look ugly but he was bested that night in my obsevation. He gets hit too frequently and most of them are clean shots. Bute will win this fight decisively
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 25 2012, 11:46 PM) *
I'd like nothing more then for Froch to win this fight but I got Bute beating him by decision. Although Bute could possibly stop him. Bute throws some vey good body shots, I'd like to see him work in combinations and hit Froch downstairs because it will definitely pay off down the road. In the many fights I've seen of Froch he's all ways there, giving it his all but he gets gassed too often. And I believe he didn't beat Andre Dirrell when they fought, Dirrell was schooling him, Froch just made the fight look ugly but he was bested that night in my obsevation. He gets hit too frequently and most of them are clean shots. Bute will win this fight decisively

I thought dirrell won that fight too.

Good point about the body shots and great observation about froch losing steam late in fights. Sometimes he just sets a really fast pace and it catches up to him.
mgrover
I think everybody but the judges thought dirrell won that fight
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 26 2012, 08:08 AM) *
I think everybody but the judges thought dirrell won that fight

I actually had Froch ahead by a point or two against Direll. But of the 12 rounds, they were so close and hard to score that 9 of them could have went either way.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.