Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did another high profile fighter just get caught?!?!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
http://www.boxingscene.com/quillin-wright-...on-brews--53304

Is the Quillen-Wright fight in jeopardy?? The article is somewhat confusing as to what happened. It certainly implies that someone got caught and the parties involved are willing to just say fuck testing...
bnoles4life
To quote Boxing#1: "Ain't this about a bitch?"
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 27 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Yep!

Didn't I say that in the Berto thread? I knew it was gonna get to a point where fighters will try to throw the tests/tests results out, in order to not mess up a fight...translation: to not mess up their payday.

Looks like these motherfuckers will never learn no2.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 27 2012, 12:20 AM) *

Bahahahahahhhahahahahaaa.....

It most certainly is....

And as Cshell just said, MONEY may be BIGGER than the fighters willingness to get in there with someone who may be juiced....

Shit is getting sad if this can be confirmed..
dhoward126
Don't worry about this, there are plenty of reasons why this probably came to light none of which suggest PED usage. For example:

1. Why start testing 10 days from a fight? How can you draw conclusive results from two samples basically separated days apart?
2. The initial bout contract may have included USADA testing, but the fight was cancelled when it was scheduled for the May/Cotto undercard when NSAC denied Winky a license. When it was rescheduled, there may have been a restructured contract without USADA and just a matter of confusion.
3. A certain writer is just giving lip service to get more information from an already biased source about certain fighters on the juice and to generate a witch hunt that gets more people to read their site (or sites). This is the most likely explanation.

Honestly, if it was a big deal at all, why isn't Winky demanding the tests be re-instated or he walks out? It's not a big deal and it's just someone trying to make a fire out of a puff of smoke.

In the meantime, check out "From Pillar to Post" on youtube if you haven't already. That's my shameless plug for the evening.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ May 28 2012, 01:07 AM) *
Don't worry about this, there are plenty of reasons why this probably came to light none of which suggest PED usage. For example:

1. Why start testing 10 days from a fight? How can you draw conclusive results from two samples basically separated days apart?
2. The initial bout contract may have included USADA testing, but the fight was cancelled when it was scheduled for the May/Cotto undercard when NSAC denied Winky a license. When it was rescheduled, there may have been a restructured contract without USADA and just a matter of confusion.
3. A certain writer is just giving lip service to get more information from an already biased source about certain fighters on the juice and to generate a witch hunt that gets more people to read their site (or sites). This is the most likely explanation.

Honestly, if it was a big deal at all, why isn't Winky demanding the tests be re-instated or he walks out? It's not a big deal and it's just someone trying to make a fire out of a puff of smoke.

In the meantime, check out "From Pillar to Post" on youtube if you haven't already. That's my shameless plug for the evening.

I can generally agree with your assessment...

But the notion of Winky walking away from a fight?? Now who the world would ever remotely think Winky of all people would back out a fight?

The absolute nerve... lmao..
checkleft
I thought usada cancelled their testing not the fighters.. and from what I understood nsac was still doing the testing.
dhoward126
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 28 2012, 02:12 PM) *
I thought usada cancelled their testing not the fighters.. and from what I understood nsac was still doing the testing.

The fight isn't happening in Nevada, it's going to be in Cali.
Cshel86
Whew...I almost blew my top and pointed the finger at one of these two. Glad the fight still appears to be on. Its funny how most people scoffed at the idea of this fight being on the Mayweather/Cotto undercard, and when Forbes/Vargas got shoved down our throats, we actually wanted to see this fight on the card instead. laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 28 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Whew...I almost blew my top and pointed the finger at one of these two. Glad the fight still appears to be on. Its funny how most people scoffed at the idea of this fight being on the Mayweather/Cotto undercard, and when Forbes/Vargas got shoved down our throats, we actually wanted to see this fight on the card instead. laugh.gif

I wanted to see it all along. I couldn't believe people were rolling their eyes on this one. They did the same at the notion of Paulie fighting Guerrero. Really? As a low priority undercard? This is a GIFT!
dhoward126
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 29 2012, 09:29 AM) *
I wanted to see it all along. I couldn't believe people were rolling their eyes on this one. They did the same at the notion of Paulie fighting Guerrero. Really? As a low priority undercard? This is a GIFT!

You wanted to see it all along? A gift? You must be a masochist or something lol. In all seriousness, I'm not a big fan of this fight but Peter isn't able to get anybody else in the ring. I'm just hoping he makes the best of his opportunity and stops Winky but I don't think that'll happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.