Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO Classic Bouts for Pacquiao/Bradley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Alright guys, I was wondering if HBO would be showing classic bouts for Manny and Tim. I checked the schedule, and they happen to be showing Pacquiao/Barrera, followed the recent rubber match with Marquez. As for Timmy, I dont see SHIT on the schedule after searching.

How jacked up is that? I mean they could at least show the Alexander, Abregu (sp), or his recent bout with Casamayor. Were these bouts considered classic? Not really, but damn, at least act like Manny has an opponent for the 9th.

I dont have my On Demand stuff hooked up (thanks DirecTV), but if somebody could, please check and see if any prior Bradley bouts will be shown.
BigFightFan
What classics do Bradley have?
I removed Showtime and HBO from my direct tv package. I will probably have them added back so I can see that Showtime card this weekend. When trying to save money goes wrong
daprofessor
bradley/witter put him on the map but i believe that was on showtime. they'll probably show bradley/casa.

they can skip pac's "classics"

mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 31 2012, 01:58 PM) *
How jacked up is that? I mean they could at least show the Alexander, Abregu (sp), or his recent bout with Casamayor. Were these bouts considered classic? Not really, but damn, at least act like Manny has an opponent for the 9th.

Agreed!!

I don't how can be Marquez 3 a classic. A good fight. But classic ? No, no for me.

As for Bradley, I am with professor on that one. Bradley/Witter would be a good fight to show, but it's not possible. Casamayor doesn't really tell much about Bradley, so I would vote for Alexander fight. Headbutts all over, but he would have won either way.
bnoles4life
I've been watching some previous Pac bouts on T.V today and they showed Marquez/Pac II. AGAIN, Marquez won that bout....crazy, crazy, crazy.
hitman
if they show any of bradley's hbo fights they would risk losing buyers biggrin.gif

tim's best fight was against lamont peterson but that was on showtime.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 31 2012, 06:40 PM) *
I've been watching some previous Pac bouts on T.V today and they showed Marquez/Pac II. AGAIN, Marquez won that bout....crazy, crazy, crazy.

yeah. jmm should be up 2-1 in those matches.
checkleft
Bradley holt would be good and the witter fight.
Thickback
They did the same for Mayweather/Cotto. They showed Mayweather vs Corales but nothing for Cotto who has plenty of classics. But they did at least have a Cotto's greatest hits....Bradley was on showtime for his best fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ May 31 2012, 03:16 PM) *
I removed Showtime and HBO from my direct tv package. I will probably have them added back so I can see that Showtime card this weekend. When trying to save money goes wrong

When trying to save a customer goes wrong, should be DirecTV's issue. I have no problem with them, in fact, its the best cable I've ever had. No way in the world they should've allowed you to get off the phone before offering you something and not letting you drop those premiums.

When all else fails and you want to get your money's worth...just attempt to cancel their services. Trust me, it ALWAYS works. That's how I STILL have all of my premium channels...I tried to drop all but two of them (HBO & Showtime), and they ended up giving me two more premiums for the price of one, for another 6 months. Try it...

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 31 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Casamayor doesn't really tell much about Bradley, so I would vote for Alexander fight. Headbutts all over, but he would have won either way.

I think they should show his bout with Alexander, though it wasn't all that great. I mean seriously, they'll get to see him rough up a southpaw and make him quit. They showed this guy no respect with this though.

QUOTE (Thickback @ Jun 1 2012, 10:18 AM) *
They did the same for Mayweather/Cotto. They showed Mayweather vs Corales but nothing for Cotto who has plenty of classics.

They actually showed Cotto vs Mosley, which was Miguel's only notable win up the Mayweather fight.
Franchize
I have no idea what Bradley fight they'd show. All his notable ones were on Showtime lol

When all else fails and you want to get your money's worth...just attempt to cancel their services. Trust me, it ALWAYS works. That's how I STILL have all of my premium channels...I tried to drop all but two of them (HBO & Showtime), and they ended up giving me two more premiums for the price of one, for another 6 months. Try it...

My wife got a year worth of premium channels for free once. Started off a 3 free months as an apology for an erroneous. When it was up, we both complained and threatened to switch from Comcast to Fios. They extended it for the the rest of the year. When the year was up, we switched to Fios anyway lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 1 2012, 01:16 PM) *
My wife got a year worth of premium channels for free once. Started off a 3 free months as an apology for an erroneous. When it was up, we both complained and threatened to switch from Comcast to Fios. They extended it for the the rest of the year. When the year was up, we switched to Fios anyway lol

Damn! I may need her to call on behalf...maybe I can get half off of this NFL package this year, and they've dropped the price from $350 to $200! laugh.gif
Franchize
So the only classic fight for Bradley theyre showin is the Holt fight. Its not even available in HD. I watched it for shits n giggles. I had Holt winning. I forgot he had TWO knockdowns. Completely forgot about the one in the last round. Props to Bradley for getting up in the fist so fast because that was a wicked hook. Almost took his head off lol.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 3 2012, 07:54 PM) *
So the only classic fight for Bradley theyre showin is the Holt fight. Its not even available in HD. I watched it for shits n giggles. I had Holt winning. I forgot he had TWO knockdowns. Completely forgot about the one in the last round. Props to Bradley for getting up in the fist so fast because that was a wicked hook. Almost took his head off lol.

Yes big props to him. One of his better performances, his fight against abregu is good too he showed he could kind of sort of box a little
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.