Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBC Sports (Formerly Verses)@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Rosado-Powell/Cruz-Brewer
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the action and post-fight reaction to this fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cheesey1
Before the live broadcast, they're currently showing a repeat of Judah vs. Paris and Zab looks as impressive now as he did then. The only thing that I didn't pay as much attention to the first time around is how underwhelming Vernon Paris' foot movement was (at least for the round that they just showed)
daprofessor
anyone have a link for this?
Cheesey1
Your cable system should have it. As Jack mentioned in the title, it used to be the 'Versus' channel.

If you still can't find it, let me know.
Cshel86
Checking in! Im loving these NBC cards. Keep 'em comin'!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:09 PM) *
Checking in! Im loving these NBC cards. Keep 'em comin'!

Definitely. Great job by Main Events and NBC!
Cshel86
Well Cruz obviously won the first. Dude found the formula and executed quickly. If Brewer doesn't adjust and make himself less "hittable", then we know how the fight will go.
Cshel86
Cruz damn near had his way in the second round as well. Man those body shots are telling the story. Soon, we'll Brewer's elbows down by his sides to avoid those body shots, then the head shots will respectfully follow. Hell, its not like Cruz hasn't landed some good shots thus far.
Cshel86
Brewer clearly has on the wrong trunks. He's wearing zebra trunks, but he's running like a cheetah...
Cheesey1
The obvious comment is that the guy in the Zebra trunks is getting hunted like a Zebra.

Although, he did catch Cruz when he was jumping in. I think that it was a left. Cruz is winning, but Brewer can do something if he uses his reach advantage and commits to his punches and of course stops running.

This is obviously Cruz' match to lose.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:23 PM) *
Brewer clearly has on the wrong trunks. He's wearing zebra trunks, but he's running like a cheetah...

Ha!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:25 PM) *
The obvious comment is that the guy in the Zebra trunks is getting hunted like a Zebra.

Although, he did catch Cruz when he was jumping in. I think that it was a left. Cruz is winning, but Brewer can do something if he uses his reach advantage and commits to his punches and of course stops running.

Lmao! Brewer is between a rock and a hard place. This reminds me of Williams/Lara when that same punch kept landing. At least Paul made his mark in the fight, unlike Brewer.

30 - 27 Cruz
Cshel86
Damn! This 5th round started similar to the 6th round of Maidana/Ortiz! Dude didn't waste any time...

Brewer's dazed and throwing arm punches...
Cheesey1
Cruz is definitely winning, but he might have gotten a bit tired in that round.

If Brewer just throws some nice jabs down the pipe (pike) then he could do something, otherwise he's probably getting K.Od.

Brewer should stop f'ing running!!! Cruz is there to be hit.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:34 PM) *
If Brewer just throws some nice jabs down the pipe then he could do something

Translation: Survive
Cheesey1
If it stays like this, then Cruz wins and deservedly so, but he'll get K.Od by any of the top WWs.
Cshel86
You were right Cheesey, and Freddie verified that. Cruz may have tired himself out in the 5th and took a break in the 6th, but he started the 7th in the same fashion that he did the 5th.

Honestly, at the closing second of the 7th, Brewer threw some hard shots as if his legs were still some good. Maybe he's waiting for Cruz to slow down, though he has been getting beat up the whole time.

Uh oh...Brewer's pulling a Mosley in the 8th round (like he did in the Pacquiao fight). no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:42 PM) *
You were right Cheesey, and Freddie verified that. Cruz may have tired himself out in the 5th and took a break in the 6th, but he started the 7th in the same fashion that he did the 5th.

Honestly, at the closing second of the 7th, Brewer threw some hard shots as if his legs were still some good. Maybe he's waiting for Cruz to slow down, though he has been getting beat up the whole time.

Yup. Cruz is winning so big that Charlie Sheen is jealous.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:45 PM) *
Yup. Cruz is winning so big that Charlie Sheen is jealous.

laugh.gif

This running shit is killing me. Seriously dude, just throw in the towel or take the ass whoopin', but dont make us watch you run for your life.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:47 PM) *
laugh.gif

This running shit is killing me. Seriously dude, just throw in the towel or take the ass whoopin', but dont make us watch you run for your life.

Yup.
Cshel86
Flabby Larry in the building! laugh.gif
Cshel86
Cruz is going back to the body. Thank God!
Cheesey1
Brewer, why didn't you do that 7 rounds ago?

Brewer, punch the guy, not your own chest.
Cshel86
Suddenly Brewer has his legs back and has all of this power in the 11th, after being beat around the ring and running for a total of 3 or 4 rounds. Wonder what his blood and urine samples will look like after this fight. Hmmm.....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Suddenly Brewer has his legs back and has all of this power in the 11th, after being beat around the ring and running for a total of 3 or 4 rounds. Wonder what his blood and urine samples will look like after this fight. Hmmm.....

Ha!

If Brewer had just realized that Cruz was extremely hittable earlier on, I think that this might have ended up differently. He didn't. Cruz beat the shit out of him.
Cheesey1
Brewer was completely wrong. He lost, but DAMN, WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT PACQUAIO!!! Hahahahaha!!! Hilarious!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Brewer, why didn't you do that 7 rounds ago?

Brewer, punch the guy, not your own chest.

Agreed!

Okay guys, I will say this because it needs to be said. *CShel gets ready to pay the race card*

Brewer pissed me off to say the least. This dude got punched around for the first 5 rounds and almost got stopped on SEVERAL occasions. THEN, he resorts to just blatantly runs for a few rounds, throws pitty-pat punches, THEN commences to taunting the guy.

I mean seriously, it seems like African American fighters nowadays, will NOT go out on their shield. Yet, they feel that going out in their shield makes them a bitch...so they fuck us out of a possibly great fight when things get rough.

I guess I just got pissed when he decided to taunt the guy for the last few rounds and pound his chest like he was really doing something. Yet, he was really running and surviving (which isn't always the worse thing to do since his health is on the line), but dammit dude, dont do sissy stuff like pound your chest and take away from the guy's performance.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:09 PM) *
Agreed!

Okay guys, I will say this because it needs to be said. *CShel gets ready to pay the race card*

Brewer pissed me off to say the least. This dude got punched around for the first 5 rounds and almost got stopped on SEVERAL occasions. THEN, he resorts to just blatantly runs for a few rounds, throws pitty-pat punches, THEN commences to taunting the guy.

I mean seriously, it seems like African American fighters nowadays, will NOT go out on their shield. Yet, they feel that going out in their shield makes them a bitch...so they fuck us out of a possibly great fight when things get rough.

I guess I just got pissed when he decided to taunt the guy for the last few rounds and pound his chest like he was really doing something. Yet, he was really running and surviving (which isn't always the worse thing to do since his health is on the line), but dammit dude, dont do sissy stuff like pound your chest and take away from the guy's performance.

I wouldn't go that far about African American boxers. Brewster's corner were telling him to be more active. He's just a moron.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:11 PM) *
I wouldn't go that far. Brewster's corner were telling him to be more active. He's just a moron.

Man, I JUST posted that response and then the interview came. He was worse than Lopez after his second loss to Salido. WTF was that? What a bitter little bitch Brewer is. Dude successfully set black fighters back another 50 years because of those stupid comments after getting his ass kicked.

Just how in the hell did he think won that fight? He got his ass kicked and almost got stopped for the first 5 rounds, ran in the 6th, got whooped in the 7th, ran for 8-10, and got some work done in the last two rounds.

Im sick of sour puss losers. Never want to see this dude fight again...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:17 PM) *
Man, I JUST posted that response and then the interview came. He was worse than Lopez after his second loss to Salido. WTF was that? What a bitter little bitch Brewer is. Dude successfully set black fighters back another 50 years because of those stupid comments after getting his ass kicked.

Just how in the hell did he think won that fight? He got his ass kicked and almost got stopped for the first 5 rounds, ran in the 6th, got whooped in the 7th, ran for 8-10, and got some work done in the last two rounds.

Im sick of sour puss losers. Never want to see this dude fight again...

True.

Did you catch what he was saying to Freddie Roach about Pacquaio? Haha, it makes me laugh just remembering it! I forgive him for his shameful buffoonery after hearing what he said. Hilarious!!
Cheesey1
Yeah, I thought that Powell was from BK. Not sure why the espn boxing writer said that he's from Philly, in the article that I glanced at.

This is more like it, no running.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:20 PM) *
True.

Did you catch what he was saying to Freddie Roach about Pacquaio? Haha, it makes me laugh just remembering it! I forgive him for his shameful buffoonery after hearing what he said. Hilarious!!

Hahahaha!!! Yeah that was terrible. Funny at best though...well, comically shameful.
Cheesey1
Nice defensive movement on the ropes by Powell.

Close round, but I'd say Powell took that one.

Powell definitely took the second.
Cshel86
I like Powell's left hand, and Rosado's possible uppercut that he's trying to load up...he must be careful with that punch though.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:37 PM) *
I like Powell's left hand, and Rosado's possible uppercut that he's trying to load up...he must be careful with that punch though.

Yeah. Both guys are trying to do damage.
Cshel86
That was a great 4th round...I think Powell edged it a bit with those left hands. He wasn't in a position to punch in the center of the ring, but his stance made him a smaller target so Rosado couldn't hit him with any and everything. I like Rosado's right hand.

Got damn Larry Holmes sounds terrible...sounds just like a heavyset southern man.
Cshel86
Would I be wrong if I had the fight even? (3-3)

Rosado's imposing his straight right and does good on the inside. Powell tends to get ruffed up on the inside, but does great when he keeps the distance.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:46 PM) *
That was a great 4th round...I think Powell edged it a bit with those left hands. He wasn't in a position to punch in the center of the ring, but his stance made him a smaller target so Rosado couldn't hit him with any and everything. I like Rosado's right hand.

Got damn Larry Holmes sounds terrible...sounds just like a heavyset southern man.

Yeah, nice match so far. Not spectacular, but both guys know what they're doing and are definitely upper mid level guys (I mean that in a good way).

Larry wasn't slurring his words. Always nice to hear an older boxer speak sans the slur.
Cshel86
I gave the 7th to Rosado because of the right hand and increased movement.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Larry wasn't slurring his words. Always nice to hear an older boxer speak sans the slur.

Gotcha! He wasn't slurring, he just sounds country as hell. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Take a fuckin' knee Powell!!! I dont see how a guy has so much experience, but refuses to take a knee. no2.gif

Had that not been Smoger, this shit would've been called off already...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 10:58 PM) *
I gave the 7th to Rosado because of the right hand.

After this round, Rosado's probably got one round in the bag.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 11:00 PM) *
Take a fuckin' knee Powell!!! I dont see how a guy has so much experience, but refuses to take a knee. no2.gif

Had that not been Smoger, this shit would've been called off already...

I was thinking that bout the knee, but he did tie him up. You're right though, the knee would've been the smartest thing.
Cshel86
Powell's so fuckin' stupid! He's been against the ropes when he didn't have to. What a douche.
Cheesey1
Very nice win by Rosado. Solid K.O!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 11:05 PM) *
Powell's so fuckin' stupid! He's been against the ropes when he didn't have to. What a douche.

Yeah, but Rosado's aggression paid off and he also had some decent movement to lessen Powell's ability to pick him off at will.

That was a nice main event from Main Event.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 1 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Yeah, but Rosado's aggression paid off and he also had some decent movement to lessen Powell's ability to pick him off at will.

His aggression played against him when he kept walking into those lefts, but Powell didn't have much to follow up afterwards. You're right though, Rosado's increased movement throughout the later stages of the fight, played a big part.

NOW, we see how why Powell will never get past that K-9, "past-it" Cory Spinks, low-lit and cheap Don King cards whirlwind. I like Rosado though...real cool dude! He is a pretty good finisher, and maybe he's learned a bit from those 5 losses, which were more than likely "on the job training" losses.

Powell can now be inducted into T.W.O.L.O cool.gif

laugh.gif

That post-fight interview was funny.

Hey Powell, let's have a "dont say 'um'" contest! laugh.gif
BigFightFan
Dude straight up dissed Roach and Manny, while picking his fro.
Hopefully he will take that loss as a learning lesson
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 1 2012, 11:12 PM) *
His aggression played against him when he kept walking into those lefts, but Powell didn't have much to follow up afterwards. You're right though, Rosado's increased movement throughout the later stages of the fight, played a big part.

NOW, we see how why Powell will never get past that K-9, "past-it" Cory Spinks, low-lit and cheap Don King cards whirlwind. I like Rosado though...real cool dude! He is a pretty good finisher, and maybe he's learned a bit from those 5 losses, which were more than likely "on the job training" losses.

Powell can now be inducted into T.W.O.L.O cool.gif

laugh.gif

That post-fight interview was funny.

Hey Powell, let's have a "dont say 'um'" contest! laugh.gif

Those lefts by Powell were nice. It won't happen, but if they ever had a rematch, Powell would have a legitimate chance. Rosado would have to be the clear favourite, but Powell was definitely in there.
Jack 1000
It was very close at the stoppage for either guy.

Jack
mrchitown
The Powell-Rosado fight was a good one. I thought down the stretch that Powell would put it all together and pull away but that wasn't the case. He kept getting pinned against the ropes and that's where Rosado did his best work. If they were to rematch I'd definitely tune in.

I love what Main Events and NBC sports are doing with this fight night series. Boxing needs more stuff like this. But the highlight of the night for me was when Brewer went for Freddie Roach's jugular and said Pacquiao is on steroids lmao. You can feel the bitterness and anger in his statement lmao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.