Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fighters that you aren't sold on...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Do I really need to explain? Name 'em and explain...
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 3 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Do I really need to explain? Name 'em and explain...

Manny Pacquiao. We are mostly all REAL boxing fans, not sure if an explanation is really necessary.

Ortiz....Great power, good quickness, but I'm not sure if he can keep it all together at the highest level.

Antionio Tarver......haha..just kidding.

Chad Dawson....I want to see him fight someone with a good (doesn't have to be great) work rate and go after him.

After this, start another on who ARE you sold on.
sduck
Brandon Rios (dude needs to learn how to box for one)

Yuriorkis Gamboa (I seen Gamboa fight once or twice. Solid speed and power, physically gifted guy, but I don't trust his boxing IQ. They're trying to blow this guy up as the next big thing, but I want to see some solid performances first)

Lucian Bute (just got exposed hehehe) (I never thought he was that good, and well Froch got em)

Robert Guerrero (Typical southpaw. Any guy with skills can expose this guy)

Devon Alexander (Devon is a good fighter, I just don't think he's THAT good. The boxing media gives him a lot of attention. Hes been given a lot of gift decisions, particularly I think he lost to Matthysse)

Tavoris Cloud (All power no skill)

Austin Trout (He needs to improve on his physical game, like his punching. He throws pretty sloppy, needs to work on his speed and accuracy)

Peter Quillin (Similar to Trout, plus needs to improve on his work rate. The guy is tryin to be a sharp shooter with power, but he dont got the timing, speed, and accuracy to be one)

All I can think of right now
checkleft
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 4 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Brandon Rios

Yuriorkis Gamboa

Lucian Bute (just got exposed hehehe)

Robert Guerrero

Devon Alexander

Tavoris Cloud

Austin Trout

Peter Quillin

All I can think of right now, will post explanations later. Actually I'll post explanations right now, give me a minute.

Good list, maybe add mike Jones and Jesse vargas in there too
The Original MrFactor
Canelo Alvarez - I'd like to see him fight a young tiger in his own division. Lara would be nice. I'll take Trout as a start.

Julio Caesar Chavez jr - Reminds me of Donny Lalonde for some reason. lalonde was manufactured to be a champ until he fought a real guy in Ray Leonard. Same thing will happen when he meets my man Serge...

David Haye at Heavyweight. Great Cruiser, but his Heavyweight resume is lightweight. I think Chisora beats him. Chisora is a crazy colorful character who comes to fight. he's proven himself to be solid in his losses.

Amir Khan - The NEW and improved Zab Judah. This guy is one loss away from being a stepping stone who gets opportunities despite his losses.

Peter Quillen - Great athlete. Probably could have been good at any sport. Doesnt have the footwork or precision to be a great boxer. A good boxer will expose him. Winky almost did. If Winky just had a little bit of power to make Quillen respect him, the fight would have been different. A guy like Felix Sturm will surely beat Quillen.

Felix Trinidad - after his handwrap controversy, he was never the same guy. In fact he retired shortly after. i suspect it was because he was never allowed to wrap his hands the same.

Antonio Margarito - see above...

Abner Mares - nice polite kid. i'm just still pissed that he got away with so many fouls in that 1st Agbeko fight.

Andre Berto - Do I really need to list the reasons?

Lamont Peterson - Surprised and a bit disappointed, cause I really liked the kid.

Andre Dirrell - Sorry, I never bought the fact that the punch from Abraham hurt him that bad that he had to drop out of the super 6. I thought that Abraham was starting to catch him and he took a dive when the opportunity came.

Adrian Broner - Great fighter. I think he's a blue chipper. But, dude!! Be yourself!! Build yourself on who you are. All that Floyd Mayweather schtick has been done already. Talk like a man in your interviews. We need more baskeball player types in boxing, just to show that you guys arent ignorant. Give great interviews and answer all questions even the ones you dont like, like a man and not some spoiled brat ass boy with a damn brush in his hand. Guys like this take us black people back a few decades. Andre Ward is a great example for this kid to look at.

Juan manuel Lopez - i think he was finally exposed for a guy with limited defense who can crack.

ANY cat from Puerto Rico fighting a Mexican. Mexicans own this rivalry. I'd love to see what the W/L is over the last 10 years...

mitukczuk
Victor Ortiz - Furstrated intentional headbutt and still was saying he doesn't feel Floyd is THAT great. What a puppet...and a head case.

Manny Pacquiao - Catchweight. He is 5 or 6 division champ at best. Certainly not 8. Overrated though exciting.

David Haye - HW joke. Great cruiser who likes his cut body probably waaaay too much.

Robert Guerrero - All that Money May bullshit did it for me. Nutcase.

Brandon Rios - Funny ass guy with little or no boxing ability.

Lucian Bute - last saturday.

Amir Khan - Mr. Ducklip needs to start fighting like a pro and stop thinking about stars if he is yet to reach the ground.

There are more, but these are from the top of my head...
Franchize
Timothy Bradley- a very mentally strong guy. very physically strong guy. Imposes his will on people to break them down and win. Skills wise and talent wise, I just don't see it though. Although I don't like him, I think he has potential to become a lot better only because he's one of the most determined fighters in the fight game. I also think Joel Diaz is a VERY underrated trainer.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.- People always talk about Canelo being overrated. I'm way more impressed with Canelo than this kid. If someone would utilize a jab to set up an uppercut, this guys chin would go through the roof of his mouth. He bends low and hunts for body shots so much.

Brandon Rios- I'm really still trying to figure out the hype behind this guy. I mean he hits hard but he has very little skill. He consistently struggles to make weight. I'm just not impressed.

Wladimir Klinch-ko- (He clinches...and KO's people lmao) This may come as a surprise but I've never been sold on him. His brilliance is fueled by his lack of competition. Unlike others, I think there is a distinct difference in skill level between him and Vitali. Also, his chin is suspect. I also don't think "domianted" Haye like a lot of analyst were saying. Both fighters looked like shit IMO. Haye just looked worse.

Devon Alexander- I was impressed by his performance against Maidana. Other than that, I never really cared for him. The constant noise he makes when he punches; unnecessary wasted energy and reeks of a B-class fighter at best.

Chris Arreola- Sure, he punches really hard. Show me something new.I can't trust a guy as a top prospect when even tomato cans can drop him. He is a fundamental nightmare. I respect him because unlike a guy like Rios, he finally decided to tackle his weight issues but c'mon. This guy is a waste of great punching power if you ask me.

Tavoris Cloud- I've NEVER been impressed with this dude. Arguably the most overrated fighter in boxing IMO. I thought Glen Johnson beat him or at least drawed with him. That last Campillo robbery...don't even get me started. I think, unless he gets lucky and lands something big, that Pascal is going to beat the breaks off of him.

Cornelius Bundrage- 1st of all, his name is Cornelius lol j/k. 2nd of all, he was getting schooled by guys on the Contender. Now I'm supposed to recognize you as a champion? Sorry...not sold.

Lamont Peterson- He gutted out a tough victory against a more talented Amir Khan. However, I think it was the home crowd that willed him to that victory. Lamont throws very nice body shots and hooks, but his jab and straight are suspect. More importantly, his footwork is absolutely atrocious. I don't even blame it entirely on him. I'm sure most of you guys know about my beef with neighborhood trainers at this point lol.

Robert Guerrero- In his mind, he's the best and most popular Mexican American since De La Hoya. In everyone else's, he's a nobody. I very rarely form personal opinions about athletes because I don't know them, but I really don't liek this guy lol Hands down, he overtook Bradley for the most annoying fighter in boxing IMO.As Sduck said, typical southpaw. Very run of the mill. As a fighter, if you know how to fight a sout paw, you know how to fight him. He's not going to present and wrinkles.
daprofessor
wow. u guys are a tough crowd. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2012, 04:27 PM) *
wow. u guys are a tough crowd. laugh.gif

Tell me about it! laugh.gif

I was expecting a name or two, followed by an explanation, but these lists are funny as hell! Franchize always kills me with his lists of ANYTHING! Lol

Im still not sold on Donaire, sorry. He's athletic and all, but the only reason he's been knocking these guys silly is because they're dwarfs and he's able to get to the target quick enough to land those punches. The real reason is because these guys are smaller than him.

When he gets in there with somebody who has the balls enough to fight a disciplined technical fight, he tends to look a bit shitty. Guys hung on to that Montiel knockout (which was impressive), and I believe Nonito got spoiled after that as well.
mrchitown
Most of you guys have named fighters on my list but I'll name a few anyway

Chad Dawson-This guy is the biggest waste of talent in boxing to me. He has all the skills to be a P4P guy but his lack of intensity and will is really disturbing. I believe that if/when he fights Ward, he's going to get his ass handed to him. He shows up for fights not even half the time. He wins on his boxing ability most of the time. He won't have his usual advantages against Ward. And his voice is one of the worst in sports history. He's #2 in sports right now for worse voice, right next to that sack of shit Evan Turner from the 76ers lol

JCC jr-This big bum is getting by on his father's name. He balloons up over 2 weight classes past his opponents and thinks that he's supposed to be celebrated as some great champ when in fact his promoter and the WBC protect him like he's the golden child. he has gotten better each time he fights, but the problem is that his level of fighting is still nowhere near where it needs to be to beat Martinez. Hence the reason why their running from him. JCC jr will eventually have to move up and it'll be ass whoop central from there. Who he beating at 168? Dirrel? No. Froch? No. Bute? Shit, my bad lol. Ward? Hell no.

Canelo Alvarez-He finally fought a "name guy" but it's unfortunate that guy hasn't seen a sunny day in the ring in over 3yrs now. I think Canelo will eventually be something to like in the sport but right now, the way GB and HBO are promoting him as some world beater is laughable. Obviously they are trying to pair him with Mayweather some day. And when that day happens I'll bet the farm against him. I might use the my winnings to put my daughter thru college. Him and JCC jr need to fight soon, the over rated fight of the decade

Brandon Rios-This guy hasn't done shit since he won the belt. He's a brawler, fan friendly as well, and he talks cash shit, which I like. But let's be real, he is shaming his self with his lack of dedication to making weight. He should re-do 50's first album and name it "Got title, stopped tryin".

Andre Berto-Al Haymon has done a great job with him, until the Ortiz fight. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well, he's been matched too soft

Devon Alexander-Fights amateurish to me like Khan, those noises are annoying when he punches. When he fights it's the only time I want a 1st round ko lol.

Amir Khan-This dude talks so much shit but he hasn't earned the right. I read his statement saying he didn't give Ariza permission to leave. He must've forgot that Pacquiao is Durant and he's Westbrook lol. He's not the man. He doesn't fight well with pressure, he backs up and runs all the time and his punches really have no steam to them in the 2nd half of fights. He's another anoyying little shit

There's more but I'll spare those fighters. These are the ones who completely baffle me the most
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Most of you guys have named fighters on my list but I'll name a few anyway

Chad Dawson-This guy is the biggest waste of talent in boxing to me. He has all the skills to be a P4P guy but his lack of intensity and will is really disturbing. I believe that if/when he fights Ward, he's going to get his ass handed to him. He shows up for fights not even half the time. He wins on his boxing ability most of the time. He won't have his usual advantages against Ward. And his voice is one of the worst in sports history. He's #2 in sports right now for worse voice, right next to that sack of shit Evan Turner from the 76ers lol

JCC jr-This big bum is getting by on his father's name. He balloons up over 2 weight classes past his opponents and thinks that he's supposed to be celebrated as some great champ when in fact his promoter and the WBC protect him like he's the golden child. he has gotten better each time he fights, but the problem is that his level of fighting is still nowhere near where it needs to be to beat Martinez. Hence the reason why their running from him. JCC jr will eventually have to move up and it'll be ass whoop central from there. Who he beating at 168? Dirrel? No. Froch? No. Bute? Shit, my bad lol. Ward? Hell no.

Canelo Alvarez-He finally fought a "name guy" but it's unfortunate that guy hasn't seen a sunny day in the ring in over 3yrs now. I think Canelo will eventually be something to like in the sport but right now, the way GB and HBO are promoting him as some world beater is laughable. Obviously they are trying to pair him with Mayweather some day. And when that day happens I'll bet the farm against him. I might use the my winnings to put my daughter thru college. Him and JCC jr need to fight soon, the over rated fight of the decade

Brandon Rios-This guy hasn't done shit since he won the belt. He's a brawler, fan friendly as well, and he talks cash shit, which I like. But let's be real, he is shaming his self with his lack of dedication to making weight. He should re-do 50's first album and name it "Got title, stopped tryin".

Andre Berto-Al Haymon has done a great job with him, until the Ortiz fight. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well, he's been matched too soft

Devon Alexander-Fights amateurish to me like Khan, those noises are annoying when he punches. When he fights it's the only time I want a 1st round ko lol.

Amir Khan-This dude talks so much shit but he hasn't earned the right. I read his statement saying he didn't give Ariza permission to leave. He must've forgot that Pacquiao is Durant and he's Westbrook lol. He's not the man. He doesn't fight well with pressure, he backs up and runs all the time and his punches really have no steam to them in the 2nd half of fights. He's another anoyying little shit

There's more but I'll spare those fighters. These are the ones who completely baffle me the most

Im like "... damn.. do you even like boxing?"..

Imo opinion its hard to say right now, a lot of these fighters listed are fighters who are still in the process of making a name for themselves .. I think the thread was more directed towards fighters who the media and people EXPECT to win and look good doing so...

But to give a quick list cuz Im at work,.. Im not sold on

Martinez.. (likely known if yall read my previous post in recent thread)... This guy has the talent, and has the draw.. But I will want to see him really taken into deep waters... both mentally and physically ..I respect him, but I just wann see more..

Ummmmm.. I gotta get back to yall.. a lil busy

(Side note) despite his last loss.. im completey SOLD ON ANDY LEE....and fully expect him to him in this upcomming fighte....this guy can box his ass off.... problem is, from what Ive seen, isnt a grit typa fihhter.. not fan friendly ..bhe needs to stick to his fundamentals. And not get into heavy exchanges ...
daprofessor
all the above fighters mentioned are what they are....fighters.

some are better than others...all are beatable. most are still developing.
flazi
canelo alvarez
jcc jr
cloud

all these guys are tough but i am suspect on them reaching the elite level. they all can but i just doubt it.
Franchize
I don't get the Canelo Alvarez overrated label. He's like 12 years old. Cut him some slack lol

Plus he's banging a former Miss Mexico... I'd say he's pretty accomplished lol
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 4 2012, 09:46 AM) *
Timothy Bradley- a very mentally strong guy. very physically strong guy. Imposes his will on people to break them down and win. Skills wise and talent wise, I just don't see it though. Although I don't like him, I think he has potential to become a lot better only because he's one of the most determined fighters in the fight game. I also think Joel Diaz is a VERY underrated trainer.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.- People always talk about Canelo being overrated. I'm way more impressed with Canelo than this kid. If someone would utilize a jab to set up an uppercut, this guys chin would go through the roof of his mouth. He bends low and hunts for body shots so much.

Brandon Rios- I'm really still trying to figure out the hype behind this guy. I mean he hits hard but he has very little skill. He consistently struggles to make weight. I'm just not impressed.

Wladimir Klinch-ko- (He clinches...and KO's people lmao) This may come as a surprise but I've never been sold on him. His brilliance is fueled by his lack of competition. Unlike others, I think there is a distinct difference in skill level between him and Vitali. Also, his chin is suspect. I also don't think "domianted" Haye like a lot of analyst were saying. Both fighters looked like shit IMO. Haye just looked worse.

Devon Alexander- I was impressed by his performance against Maidana. Other than that, I never really cared for him. The constant noise he makes when he punches; unnecessary wasted energy and reeks of a B-class fighter at best.

Chris Arreola- Sure, he punches really hard. Show me something new.I can't trust a guy as a top prospect when even tomato cans can drop him. He is a fundamental nightmare. I respect him because unlike a guy like Rios, he finally decided to tackle his weight issues but c'mon. This guy is a waste of great punching power if you ask me.

Tavoris Cloud- I've NEVER been impressed with this dude. Arguably the most overrated fighter in boxing IMO. I thought Glen Johnson beat him or at least drawed with him. That last Campillo robbery...don't even get me started. I think, unless he gets lucky and lands something big, that Pascal is going to beat the breaks off of him.

Cornelius Bundrage- 1st of all, his name is Cornelius lol j/k. 2nd of all, he was getting schooled by guys on the Contender. Now I'm supposed to recognize you as a champion? Sorry...not sold.

Lamont Peterson- He gutted out a tough victory against a more talented Amir Khan. However, I think it was the home crowd that willed him to that victory. Lamont throws very nice body shots and hooks, but his jab and straight are suspect. More importantly, his footwork is absolutely atrocious. I don't even blame it entirely on him. I'm sure most of you guys know about my beef with neighborhood trainers at this point lol.

Robert Guerrero- In his mind, he's the best and most popular Mexican American since De La Hoya. In everyone else's, he's a nobody. I very rarely form personal opinions about athletes because I don't know them, but I really don't liek this guy lol Hands down, he overtook Bradley for the most annoying fighter in boxing IMO.As Sduck said, typical southpaw. Very run of the mill. As a fighter, if you know how to fight a sout paw, you know how to fight him. He's not going to present and wrinkles.

This is a strong list too

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Tell me about it! laugh.gif

I was expecting a name or two, followed by an explanation, but these lists are funny as hell! Franchize always kills me with his lists of ANYTHING! Lol

Im still not sold on Donaire, sorry. He's athletic and all, but the only reason he's been knocking these guys silly is because they're dwarfs and he's able to get to the target quick enough to land those punches. The real reason is because these guys are smaller than him.

When he gets in there with somebody who has the balls enough to fight a disciplined technical fight, he tends to look a bit shitty. Guys hung on to that Montiel knockout (which was impressive), and I believe Nonito got spoiled after that as well.

Plus one on donaire

Would have been nice to see him fight anselmo moreno
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 6 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Would have been nice to see him fight anselmo moreno

+1000 I'd LOVE to see him fight Moreno! That would be a good fight! Correction, a GREAT BOXING MATCH!!! It wouldn't just be a slug fest. There would be some good tactical and mental wars going on in that one.
Cshel86
I believe the HBO announcers play a HUGE part in us NOT being sold on these fighters, agree? All of excessive praising and nuthugging, has trained us to look for more than what's actually there. Either that, or the fighters themselves, began to play into their own hype.

For instance, Nonito knocked Montiel out his socks, and Sergio knocked Paul into next week...from those points to now, HBO wanted us to believe that EVERY one of their fights will go in that manner. So, when they experience difficulty in the ring (against a solid guy) or have an off night, the announcers start making excuses for them.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:23 PM) *
I believe the HBO announcers play a HUGE part in us NOT being sold on these fighters, agree? All of excessive praising and nuthugging, has trained us to look for more than what's actually there. Either that, or the fighters themselves, began to play into their own hype.

For instance, Nonito knocked Montiel out his socks, and Sergio knocked Paul into next week...from those points to now, HBO wanted us to believe that EVERY one of their fights will go in that manner. So, when they experience difficulty in the ring (against a solid guy) or have an off night, the announcers start making excuses for them.

I think it brings up another point in that HBO announcers have kinda pissed on competitiveness. It's like they hate on a guy for not fighting top competition, but they want the big name guys to blow everyone out of the water. If you want the sport to last, then why wouldn't you embrace fights being tough? It's like they only want to see competitive fights if it's a marquee event. If a guy is fighting an up and comig fighter, then it better be a landslide. I personally like to see guys win tough fights. It lets me know that when the going gets tough; when things don't come easily said fighter won't cave in from the pressure. I thik it's part of the reason why guys don't take on rematches immediately after closely contested fights. I think they feel like if they don't blow the guy out of the water in the remath, then it's not even worth it. Some of the greatest rivalries in boxing were built on nail biters. You eliminate that when you put a guy down for having a tough battle with an opponent even if that guy isn't as well known.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 11:23 AM) *

this is why i don't like hbo commentators. they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. jim and larry constantly shit on fighters and match ups. not every match up is going to produce fireworks. they miss all the subtle stuff that takes place during a match and if the fighters aren't pummeling each other like rock 'em sock 'em robots...they aren't happy. u add steward to that mix and they sound like grumpy old men. steward who knows more than all the commentators combined often follows suit with whatever larry and jim have to say when he knows better.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 01:30 PM) *
I think it brings up another point in that HBO announcers have kinda pissed on competitiveness. It's like they hate on a guy for not fighting top competition, but they want the big name guys to blow everyone out of the water. If you want the sport to last, then why wouldn't you embrace fights being tough? It's like they only want to see competitive fights if it's a marquee event. If a guy is fighting an up and comig fighter, then it better be a landslide. I personally like to see guys win tough fights. It lets me know that when the going gets tough; when things don't come easily said fighter won't cave in from the pressure. I thik it's part of the reason why guys don't take on rematches immediately after closely contested fights. I think they feel like if they don't blow the guy out of the water in the remath, then it's not even worth it. Some of the greatest rivalries in boxing were built on nail biters. You eliminate that when you put a guy down for having a tough battle with an opponent even if that guy isn't as well known.

i think the main problem with hbo is that they always have an agenda. if the opponent isn't cooperating with that agenda they undermine his efforts with bullshit comments or just piss on him outright. they manufacture situations and outcomes with their bullshit compubox and bullshit lederman. it's all spin. i know what it is i am seeing...i don't need jim lampley's "bang, bang, bang...." to let me know what's really happening. they often create controversy where there is none with their bullshit comments alone. it always makes me laugh when i go to boards and hear ppl regurgitate their bullshit verbatim.
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2012, 02:40 PM) *
i think the main problem with hbo is that they always have an agenda. if the opponent isn't cooperating with that agenda they undermine his efforts with bullshit comments or just piss on him outright. they manufacture situations and outcomes with their bullshit compubox and bullshit lederman. it's all spin. i know what it is i am seeing...i don't need jim lampley's "bang, bang, bang...." to let me know what's really happening. they often create controversy where there is none with their bullshit comments alone. it always makes me laugh when i go to boards and hear ppl regurgitate their bullshit verbatim.

It mirrors all of sports though. The other day I heard Steve Kerr say Kendrick Perkins was the best low post defender in the NBA. Then people began repeating that bullshit. I heard people comparing Rondo to Magic Johnson. Then people started repeating that BS too.
Kratza
It seems peoples are forgetting Canelo Alvarez is only 22, and look what he's acclomplished already, mush more than any other 22 year old in the sport, alot more than broner...

But fighters im not sold on:

Amir Khan: Hes fast but thats about it, always back pedalling unless he's fighting a bum, not seen him knock out anyone who is quite high level, and he fights like an amateur

Brandon Rios: I was starting to think he was the real deal until he thought Abril, Abril clearly won 8 rounds to 4 at most. Rios has power but isnt a boxer, hes a brawler

Victor Ortiz: Who has a beaten? Berto. wow nice job. He's a quitter and a dirty fighter.

Both klitschko's: Again, Who have they beaten except a old man in Shannon Briggs.

More but im busy atm.

checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 09:51 AM) *
+1000 I'd LOVE to see him fight Moreno! That would be a good fight! Correction, a GREAT BOXING MATCH!!! It wouldn't just be a slug fest. There would be some good tactical and mental wars going on in that one.

Definitely. It's funny cause everyone seems to forget about him when they talk about people they would like to see fight mares and donaire
Thickback
I think everyone except for Floyd and Cotto have been named here.... laugh.gif
Thickback
QUOTE (Kratza @ Jun 6 2012, 04:33 PM) *
It seems peoples are forgetting Canelo Alvarez is only 22, and look what he's acclomplished already, mush more than any other 22 year old in the sport, alot more than broner...

But fighters im not sold on:

Amir Khan: Hes fast but thats about it, always back pedalling unless he's fighting a bum, not seen him knock out anyone who is quite high level, and he fights like an amateur

Brandon Rios: I was starting to think he was the real deal until he thought Abril, Abril clearly won 8 rounds to 4 at most. Rios has power but isnt a boxer, hes a brawler

Victor Ortiz: Who has a beaten? Berto. wow nice job. He's a quitter and a dirty fighter.

Both klitschko's: Again, Who have they beaten except a old man in Shannon Briggs.

More but im busy atm.

IMO, Canelo hasn't done much at all besides beat up undersized WWs and was handed a title. Good fighter but he has a lot to prove. Young or not, when you have a belt and that many wins, its time to fight someone in the top 20 at least....

Agree about Ortiz being dirty....Floyd was not the first time he excessively used his head.
JayU
I joined the forum just to get in on this. I agree with most if not all of the fighters mentioned. I'm going to throw one out there that I'm sure folk ain't gone like.

Sergio Martinez. Don't get me wrong. I think Serge is a bad dude and all but I'm definitely not sold on him as top 3 p4p. He gets thrust into that conversation based on knocking out PW but is that enough to merit top 3 P4P. Before the PW fights how much was known about him not to mention he lost the first bout.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 6 2012, 02:30 PM) *
It mirrors all of sports though. The other day I heard Steve Kerr say Kendrick Perkins was the best low post defender in the NBA. Then people began repeating that bullshit. I heard people comparing Rondo to Magic Johnson. Then people started repeating that BS too.

wtf.gif !!!!!!!!!! They said that!?!

QUOTE (Thickback @ Jun 7 2012, 01:50 PM) *
IMO, Canelo hasn't done much at all besides beat up undersized WWs and was handed a title. Good fighter but he has a lot to prove. Young or not, when you have a belt and that many wins, its time to fight someone in the top 20 at least....

Agree about Ortiz being dirty....Floyd was not the first time he excessively used his head.

idk about going as far to say Ortiz is a dirty fighter. He just has one of those styles where he rubs his head on the clinch and on the ropes, a lot of boxers do it. In the mayweather fight it was blatant though he was frustrated and he did it on the advice from his corner. In a sense it was a smart move, minus all the hugging though, he was trying to rough up mayweather and if he didnt give mayweather that chance to hit him and got back to roughing him up maybe it would have taken its toll if the fight had gone on.
daprofessor
i'm not sold on pac or the klitschkos. there. i said it.
mgrover
from the time pac fought De La Hoya to now am not sold on, the rest he beat and did it in style.

most of the heavyweight division, probably because ive hardly seen any nowadays

bute = self explanatory

bradley = why the fuck didnt he fight khan? sure he landed a fight with MP but he pretty much sold his soul to the devil to do that (bob arum)

kell brooks = i want to see him fight better competition he looked good against hatton because hatton was slower than my nan while shes on her medicine

nathan cleverly = fight anybody, anybody thats in the top ten for fucks sake, am not saying fight hopkins because it seems thats whats next, but anybody thats an actual contender

tyson fury = still young and am not 100% sure how he'd do against the klits, and while his last opponent did come to fight, i think he was a taxi driver was he not?

i agree with most the stuff already been posted tbh

mayweather = this is kinda in a different league to the other fighters ive listed, am not sure were he stacks up against the all time greats, probably will make some sort of decision after he retires for good.
Cshel86
Bumped...

Just thought I'd add Jessie Vargas to the list. Dude just fights stupid to me and there's nothing about him that stands out...other than his skull always seems to bleed in almost every one of his fights.

Im sure we'll see him fighting Manny in less than a year, believe it or not. I saw his last fight live at the Hard Rock, and I want my $28 back. I'll send my letter to Top Rank, certified, return, receipt...let's see how this goes. cool.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2012, 01:46 PM) *
Bumped...

Just thought I'd add Jessie Vargas to the list. Dude just fights stupid to me and there's nothing about him that stands out...other than his skull always seems to bleed in almost every one of his fights.

Im sure we'll see him fighting Manny in less than a year, believe it or not. I saw his last fight live at the Hard Rock, and I want my $28 back. I'll send my letter to Top Rank, certified, return, receipt...let's see how this goes. cool.gif

Top rank stable mate rios should definitely be here too
daprofessor
QUOTE (JayU @ Jun 7 2012, 03:13 PM) *
I joined the forum just to get in on this. I agree with most if not all of the fighters mentioned. I'm going to throw one out there that I'm sure folk ain't gone like.

Sergio Martinez. Don't get me wrong. I think Serge is a bad dude and all but I'm definitely not sold on him as top 3 p4p. He gets thrust into that conversation based on knocking out PW but is that enough to merit top 3 P4P. Before the PW fights how much was known about him not to mention he lost the first bout.

i think sergio has proven to be legit. his string of wins since cintron is very impressive. his loss to pw is respectable. that fight was pretty damn close and ko'ing paul was no small feat. for him to be where he is when he started boxing at the age of 20 is impressive. i take nothing away from him.
Franchize
Tavaris Cloud- everytime I see him, he loses...but he wins :-/

Brandon Rios- OK...so you can punch and your a tough guy who brings it. Wheres the skill though?

Tim Bradley- Props for making Manny look very ordinary, but he also looked like trash. I think Holt beat him IMO. Ill still never forgive him n Alexander for that horrific fight. I respect him because he is relentless, but skill wise, he just isnt that good IMO. He is like a more disciplined Sakio Bika at times. I just cant accept that as a top tier talent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.