QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 5 2012, 12:00 AM)
must need money badly for him to go to fucking Poland to fight some dude we've never heard of.
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jun 5 2012, 04:06 AM)
I don't think the money is the reason here as he must be getting like 5k for these fights + he has not been throwing away the money for cars and mansions.
Both of these posts tie into my response about money. More than likely, he does need the money. Im not sure if you guys have seen him on MTV Cribs, but he has a nice house, and more than likely, he has more than one property. Now, his spot wasn't super luxurious, but it was a nice mansion, so to speak.
Im sure he has cars, and family members that he still takes care of (outside of his wife and children), and I heard it in his voice and statements when he called the Broner/Perez fight. People think that just because guys have houses and cars that are paid off, that that's the end of the story.
Sadly, this isn't the case. This is how it goes...
1. Mansions - luxury tax and high property taxes
2. High end cars - maintenance, maintenance, maintenance...insurance, insurance, insurance
3. Wife - nuff said
4. Baby mama - better stay on her good side, or she'll be asking for $65k a month in child support (ask Floyd)
5. Children - costs money, but it's costs money at your discretion...when they're in your possession
6. Children - better hope that you're in situation #5, if not, then bend over....here comes CHILD SUPPORT
7. Greedy/needy family members who suddenly become financially incapable of taking care of themselves when you make big money - nuff said
8. Investments - Hmmm...that DOES cost money as well
9. Taxes - n explanation needed...especially when you're in the tax bracket that these guys are in.
10. Utilities - go ahead and buy that multi million dollar mansion buddy...get ready for those high as gas, power, and water bills. These 3 bills for me are about $250 (without a wife and kids), and worse case scenario, it gets to about $400. I have a 3 bedroom house, now imagine if I had a 10 bedroom house with acres on top of acres. Hmmm...
Anybody still wondering why Roy is still fighting? Im sure can make more money off of these middle school gym fights, than commentating, though commentating is a steady check. The word to sum up this post....MAINTENANCE!