Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When Carl Froch won his 3 World Titles
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
vs Pascal
vs Abraham
vs Bute

Now that is some list to win 3 world titles against especially when in 2 of them Froch was the underdog (Abraham , Bute). I think even against Pascal both were around even money.

Froch is a credit to the sport but especially here in the UK where finally he is getting the widespread recognition.

To also think that Froch could potentially fight Kessler again then if he wins Bute in Canada just shows that Froch is the type of fighter that IF many were like him....the sport would be in a better place.

I personally think he will win a close decision vs Kessler and will again KO Bute in Canada although later in the fight. After that i know it would be hard to retire at the top of his game BUT Froch really even right now has nothing to prove...ONLY a fight for a title at 175 could be the swansong that this warrior bows out as a 4 time 2 weight world champion.

How do you rate Froch's 3 title winning efforts

1. Pascal - excellent war with 2 young up and coming world class fighters teeing off for 12 rounds , the fact that Pascal has went to to win a world title makes Froch win look better.

2. Abraham - Froch was not expected to win especially as he was AWAY in Finland for this fight , Totally dominated Abraham basically winning every round , the nature of this beating was shocking to many.

3. Bute - i dont think i read anybody saying that Froch would destroy this undefeated champion early , but that what he did. I tought Froch would win on points as Bute was untested against the elite of 168..i did think it would be close though 116-112 or 115-113 like scores. To destroy him in 5 was i think Froch best performance of his career.

Thoughts
Franchize
Never was a fan of Froch. I think his skills are overrated but he has the heart of a lion. Furthermore, he has more balls than any other English fighter maybe ever. He fights whoever, whenever....something that isn't exactly a prominent trait among English world champions. More than anything, I respect the hell our of Froch.
Cshel86
I've always liked Froch, and he became more of factor during the Super 6 tournament. I really noticed him around the time of the Taylor fight, and I also remember Gus Johnson losing his shit during the fight because he was so excited.

I will piggyback off of what Franchize said about Froch having more balls than any recent English fighter. I will add to that, he not only has the balls, but he also has exceptional skills the strength to impose his fight during the fight. Win, lose, or draw, he's a game fighter.

I had to go back a while ago and watch the Pascal fight, and that's when I first noticed Pascal's lack of stamina. As for the Abraham fight, I was most impressed because Abraham the guy to beat around that time that Froch beat him.

As for the Bute fight, I was impressed with his effort for redemption. He could've easily went in there and got rocked, but he imposed his will and brought the "12th round Andrade nightmare" out Bute EARLY in the fight. As its been discussed over the past couple of weeks, we cant have it both ways...if people call Bute a bum and overrated, then that quickly cancels out Froch's effort and victory.
mgrover
funny to think that a man like froch was the norm 30-40 years back
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2012, 09:02 AM) *
I've always liked Froch, and he became more of factor during the Super 6 tournament. I really noticed him around the time of the Taylor fight, and I also remember Gus Johnson losing his shit during the fight because he was so excited.

Not saying much, as Gus Johnson would lose his shit at his kid's "Field Day".
Cheesey1
The Cobra deserves his due and I'm glad to see him get it.

Froch is definitely up there in that division, but we all know who's the man in super middle.

Speaking of the super middles, Pavlik's fighting tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.