Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO PPV@09:00(ET)/6:00(PT)- Pacquiao vs Bradley-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ks1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 10 2012, 01:07 AM) *
no the ufc isnt perfect, but decisions like this are common place in boxing when they are not in mma

Stop it with the MMA stuff. Even in boxing's current state, MMA is just treading water at best.
Plah
Thhis shit is scripted anyways,already talking about a Nov 10 match. I fucking hate Arum but he has made me laugh a lot tonight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 01:10 AM) *
lmao show me where Pacquiao was dominating the fight. Bradley was dodging and blocking most his shit. Pacquiao landed the hardest punches in the fight, but Bradley was outworking him. It was a very close fight and I had Bradley edging it out. HBO is full of it.

Agreed. Only slight disagreement is that it could've gone either way, but a robbery it wasn't.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:07 AM) *
I LOVE IT!!! I WANT ALL OF THE HBO NUTHUGGERS TO ROLL OVER IN THEIR SLEEP AND CRY IN THEIR PILLOW!!!

We've been saying this for a while...Bob was gonna keep Manny's ass honest. Listen to me...no way in hell Arum was going to allow Manny to win this fight and ask for more money in his next fight...ESPECIALLY when they find out how much money Floyd really made in his last fight. This is Arum's way of keeping Manny honest.

NOW, Manny has NO WAY of asking for money in his next fight, whoever that may be. Again, Arum is keeping him honest.

Oh Bobfather, why hast thou forsaken me?
pimpfighterROQ
unbelievable...absolutely speechless right now. I can't believe they gave it to Bradley...no fucking way.
ks1
Arum's pimp hand is legendary!
Run and Gun Game Calls
After the fight, well-known trainer and commentator Teddy Atlas tweeted that "boxing is a corrupt sport."

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:17 AM) *
Oh Bobfather, why hast thou forsaken me?

I LOVE TO HEAR THE PACQUIAO NUTHUGGERS ROLLING OVER IN THEIR SLEEP IN PAIN AND AGONY! Not only was Pac kept honest, but the public was kept honest as well. I love it!

Im sure Floyd has a big ass Rent-A-Center television at the Clark County Detention Center right now, laughing...
Cheesey1
Teddy's my main man, but he's just angry because he predicted a K.O.
iKeNjiro
I'm surprised how no one has mentioned what's really going on.

Allow me to;

They had this planned to be a trilogy people.
There will be no Floyd fight unless Manny Pacquiao leaves Bob Arum.
Manny clearly won the fight, Arum took it from him because I believe he
wants one of two things.

1. Trilogy = cash cash cash for Arum
Or
2. If Pacquiao continues to disobey, then expect another loss in Nov. with Pacquiao retiring.

Either way no Floyd fight and Bradley becomes Arum's new project.

And fuck no, will there be any Floyd vs Bradley match, Floyd is on his way out leaving
Bradley to take his place as Arum tries to build him through weak competition and good exposure/promotion

Beautiful...
mgrover
Funny thing was what Bradley did in the last 3 rounds worked, wonder if he'll do the same for the rematch, I kinda see this as a good thing for Pac to lose, it put some fire in his belly again.
ks1
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 10 2012, 01:28 AM) *

Allow me to;

wants one of two things.

Or
2. If Pacquiao continues to disobey, then expect another loss in Nov. with Pacquiao retiring.

And fuck no, will there be any Floyd vs Bradley match, Floyd is on his way out leaving
Bradley to take his place as Arum tries to build him through weak competition and good exposure/promotion

Beautiful...

100% You and Cshel are on point.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 10 2012, 01:28 AM) *

Allow me to;

wants one of two things.

Or

Beautiful...

Where was Arum anyway? I did not see his greasy ass in the crowd
sduck
I've been saying it from the start that the only way Bradley wins on the scorecards is if Bob Arum was trying to pass the torch. There's gonna be a Pac-Bradley II, if not, Pac retires, and Bradley is now the new fighter Floyd is "scared" to fight.
ks1
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 01:33 AM) *
I've been saying it from the start that the only way Bradley wins on the scorecards is if Bob Arum was trying to pass the torch. There's gonna be a Pac-Bradley II, if not, Pac retires, and Bradley is now the new fighter Floyd is "scared" to fight.

Already scheduled for Nov. 10. LOL!
mgrover
i heard from someone, no idea if its true, if Manny Pacs contract with Arum finished this fight? And he was to renew?
pacco_diablo
Manny won the fight. Clearly IMO. Boxing has, yet again, lost more potential fans tonight. The entire bar I was at was like WTF!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:26 AM) *
I LOVE TO HEAR THE PACQUIAO NUTHUGGERS ROLLING OVER IN THEIR SLEEP IN PAIN AND AGONY! Not only was Pac kept honest, but the public was kept honest as well. I love it!

Im sure Floyd has a big ass Rent-A-Center television at the Clark County Detention Center right now, laughing...

Ha!!!
Cheesey1
Whichever fans leave boxing because of this...peace out. Boxing definitely won't miss them.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 10 2012, 01:29 AM) *
Funny thing was what Bradley did in the last 3 rounds worked, wonder if he'll do the same for the rematch, I kinda see this as a good thing for Pac to lose, it put some fire in his belly again.

Agreed! Manny fucked up because, as the "champion" you're supposed to maintain effective aggression in the championship rounds, which are 10-12. I gave Bradley the rounds 1 and 2, and he took the last 3...that's 5 rounds. No way in hell Manny was supposed to let that happen...anytime you get to a "7-5 round situation", there's always potential for fuckery on the cards.

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 10 2012, 01:33 AM) *
Where was Arum anyway? I did not see his greasy ass in the crowd

Oh trust me, his ass was there. I was hoping that they gave him a chance to speak afterwards, but that may have been the worst moment for him to speak.

Again...no way in hell Manny was supposed to allow Timmy to get the last 3 rounds, which were based more so off of inactivity or obvious missed punches on Manny's part.
ks1
I think Manny won but Dan Rafael needs to shut up! His 119-109 card in favor of Manny was ridiculous.
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:44 AM) *
Whichever fans leave boxing because of this...peace out. Boxing definitely won't miss them.

Boxing is a dying sport because of decisions like tonights. The only boxing fans left are the die hards, and I hate UFC. If it wasnt for HBO then professional boxing would have a fork hanging from it right now.
pimpfighterROQ
This is Pacquiao's parting gift from Bob Arum and Top Rank... Now that his contract is up...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jun 10 2012, 01:53 AM) *
Boxing is a dying sport because of decisions like tonights. The only boxing fans left are the die hards, and I hate UFC. If it wasnt for HBO then professional boxing would have a fork hanging from it right now.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure that the average per match revenue generated by professional boxing matches compared to MMA says otherwise. Boxing has a presence wherever you go on this planet.

Anyway, to each their own.
mrchitown
Another black eye for Boxing this year. Terrible decision, in all actuality Arum is the only winner here. He's going to make a shit load of money in the rematch while ripping off the 2 boxers. Business as usual I guess
Jack 1000
Sup all?

I heard that AT BEST, Bradley won four rounds. I wonder if this is Arum's way of trying to stop the Mayweather fight from happening? Since Arum promotes both Manny and Tim, he does not lose if either fighter loses. I have heard of protecting a guys undefeated record. But in this way? Arum will have trouble selling a rematch, when the world saw Manny dominate the first time. Tim doesn't bring money to the table. There is little gained by Bradley's controversial win.

Jack
bnoles4life
LOL...this thread is blowing up!!!!!

I treated Bradley like I was playing spades, I gave him 2 and a possible. I had it 118-110, but won't argue w/ 117-111. Bob Arum just put the world on notice: I will NOT put Pac in the ring w/ Floyd.
Hotsauce
hold the fuck up!!!!

this was manny last fight on his contract?
ks1
"This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch," Arum said.

Arum's quote via Yahoo. Hahahahaha....
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 10 2012, 02:06 AM) *
LOL...this thread is blowing up!!!!!

I treated Bradley like I was playing spades, I gave him 2 and a possible. I had it 118-110, but won't argue w/ 117-111. Bob Arum just put the world on notice: I will NOT put Pac in the ring w/ Floyd.

I gave him the 1 and 2, and Manny pissed away 10-12. Now, Im not saying that Tim won decisively, but again, anytime the "champ" gets in a "7-5 round situation"...there's ALWAYS room for fuckery. It just happens that he gave Arum too much room to conduct the fuckery, so to speak.

I LOVE watching the ESPN announcers with this sad look on their faces, as if the Queen of England just died. :lol:Manny's still alive and $26M+ dollars richer, it cant hurt that bad...
Hotsauce
QUOTE (ks1 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:14 AM) *
"This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch," Arum said.

Arum's quote via Yahoo. Hahahahaha....

smh @ the bolded
pimpfighterROQ
Pacquiao better just retire after this whole bullshit. At least fans will defend that he got robbed in his last fight. Mayweather fight is off for good. No point to keep fighting nor a rematch with Tim.
Cshel86
Man, Im smackin' the shit outta people on Facebook with this boxing "k-nowlegde", lol. Most of those motherfuckers are talking about "boxing is dead", when they dont even watch the shit to begin with. laugh.gif
mrchitown
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Mann...decision-060912

Arum is such a bitch and I've lost a lil bit of respect for Bradley
iKeNjiro
Whoa Pacquiao's contract is up with Arum? What source?

If this is true, and with everyone seeing how Arum just fucked Pacquiao over + Arum's bold statement to
Yahoo sports. Shit people, We might get Floyd vs Pacquiao.

Floyd's team needs to be reaching out to Pacquiao, like now!
I believe we are closer then we think.

The audience won't count the loss to Bradley as most believe Pacquiao won.
And yes Pacquiao didn't look great tonight, but he did however look better then his last two
fights tonight.

Damn lets hope Ellarbe or Haymon is making that call to Pacquiao's
team.
ks1
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 10 2012, 02:35 AM) *

If this is true, and with everyone seeing how Arum fucked just fucked Pacquiao over + Arum's bold statement to

Floyd's team needs to be reaching out to Pacquiao, like now!
I believe we are closer then we think.

The audience won't count the loss to Bradley as most believe Pacquiao won.
And yes Pacquiao didn't look great tonight, but he did however look better then his last two
fights tonight.

Damn lets hope Ellarbe or Haymon is making that call to Pacquiao's
team.

No, this fight had an automatic rematch clause - Nov 10th. Arum's something else.
checkleft
Good thing I gave up on TR!!! What a Fucking robbery again! Im not even a pac fan to begin with! Bradley was all hype, he wasn't even close to being in the fight. I gave him two rounds. Can't believe people bought into this shit. He was wild sloppy and got caught and looked like the B+ maybe B class fighter he is.

The biggest robbery I've ever seen, nearly a shutout
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:31 AM) *
Man, Im smackin' the shit outta people on Facebook with this boxing "k-nowlegde", lol. Most of those motherfuckers are talking about "boxing is dead", when they dont even watch the shit to begin with. laugh.gif

Casual fans are irritating. This other board I'm on called Tim, Avery Bradley lol. Saying Avery schooled Pacquiao all night. Some comment just for the sake of talking
pimpfighterROQ
Its alright...people know who really won. Like how Marquez is still regarded as someone who truly won all fights with Pac regardless of what the records say. Maan I'd hate to be Tim Bradley right now...to have won this way...
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 10 2012, 02:35 AM) *

If this is true, and with everyone seeing how Arum just fucked Pacquiao over + Arum's bold statement to

Settle down Ken, this IS boxing that we're talking about. laugh.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2012, 02:43 AM) *
Casual fans are irritating. This other board I'm on called Tim, Avery Bradley lol. Saying Avery schooled Pacquiao all night. Some comment just for the sake of talking

Sick of that shit! There are motherfuckers talking about "boxing is dead", and they dont even watch the shit. That's like me saying that the NBA is dead, and I hardly watch the shit.
sduck
I'm not one to start a bad argument, but it baffles me how shocked everyone is. I saw a very close fight, how was it a clear robbery? I have yet seen anyone explain how Pacquiao clearly dominated and won the fight. Most the rounds were tough to score, don't believe me? Watch it again. I'm one of the rare people that had Bradley winning, I don't care if people scored it for Pacquiao, could of went either way, but robbery? How? Explain.

And people acting like the only people that think Bradley won are Manny haters. I hoped Bradley won, but I thought Pacquiao would win givin Bradley's style. He fought a smart fight, but at some points did agitate me with some wild sloppy fighting.

Also, HBO was being VERY biased. I usually don't pay attention to it, but that was clear to me. They praised Manny the entire fight, even counting shots he didn't land that were blocked. And I think it's having a effect on most people's judgements. The crowd cheering when Bradley was dodging, blocking, slipping punches. Lederman's card, the clear biased commentary. I was shocked that even Max Kellerman was riding Pacman's nuts so hard.
dre98
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 02:47 AM) *
I'm not one to start a bad argument, but it baffles me how shocked everyone is. I saw a very close fight, how was it a clear robbery? I have yet seen anyone explain how Pacquiao clearly dominated and won the fight. Most the rounds were tough to score, don't believe me? Watch it again. I'm one of the rare people that had Bradley winning, I don't care if people scored it for Pacquiao, could of went either way, but robbery? How? Explain.

And people acting like the only people that think Bradley won are Manny haters. I hoped Bradley won, but I thought Pacquiao would win givin Bradley's style. He fought a smart fight, but at some points did agitate me with some wild sloppy fighting.

I dont usually comment but. I thought bradley won everybody in my house thought bradley won. Pacquiao didnt win more then 5 rounds and thats being generous. the Last 6 to 5 rounds Bradley was dominating. If there was a mayweather vs Pacquiao it would be skills vs wild punches. Some of the broadcasting was bias. On stream I had was skysports and there werent bias but the stream amir khan was on was totally in favor for pac. Watch the fight again with no distractions Bradley's jab and his defense and his combinations won the fight. He has tremendous will and heart. I'm happy for kid.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (ks1 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:37 AM) *
No, this fight had an automatic rematch clause - Nov 10th. Arum's something else.

thats if manny lost
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:46 AM) *
Settle down Ken, this IS boxing that we're talking about. laugh.gif

Sick of that shit! There are motherfuckers talking about "boxing is dead", and they dont even watch the shit. That's like me saying that the NBA is dead, and I hardly watch the shit.

You are absolutely right. These people only know the fighters who the media force feed the public. Based on this, they assume they know what the sport of boxing is all about. When in truth they don't even know a championship fight is 12 rounds lol. But start talking about their favorite sport, say MLB or NHL and you a hater. Straight BS
checkleft
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 01:47 AM) *

I am not even the biggest pac fan bro. Bradley was gassed since round three, tagged time after time looked sloppy barley landed a clean punch and looked like he was about to go down on multiple occasions. Gave him two rounds tops. Arum is on his a game
sduck
He did make me want to question that he was tired, Manny looked tired to me too, but when I payed attention to Bradley, he was just relaxed... and sloppy at some points. He wasn't staggered at all, he lost his balance a few times and was surprised sometimes by the Pacman's power. But I felt like Bradley outworked Pacquiao. Better defense, dodging and blocking most his punches, constantly working the jab and landing the right. He wasn't entirely hurting Manny, but he was definitely outworking him. Pacquiao was answering back though, it was very close, not a dominate performance at all, what the heck are people watching.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 10 2012, 02:01 AM) *
I am not even the biggest pac fan bro. Bradley was gassed since round three, tagged time after time looked sloppy barley landed a clean punch and looked like he was about to go down on multiple occasions. Gave him two rounds tops. Arum is on his a game

This is true. Bradley was hurt a few times in the early rounds, I agree he came on late but he was clearly tired in the early stages of the fight, and he was just competitive in the fight. he was the aggressor and he got beat clearly in my opinion. He had the loom of discouragement on his face in the fight and after the final bell, he showed no signs of belief that he won the fight until that "gift" decision he got. He deserves credit for not getting KO'd and nothing more. He showed up to the press conference in a wheel chair lol. Manny's left hand>>>>EVERYTHING Bradley did in the fight
mrchitown
http://www.easymemes.com/uploads/memes/138...m4Aq832lUtJ.jpg

The new WBO welterweight champ lol
checkleft
He didn't hurt manny at all, cmon he didn't win that fight. Not even close. And I don't even like pac like that, I actually like Bradley though but I knew this was too much for him. At least he didn't get kod like I thought. I guess pac had it coming though, after he robbed marquez.
sduck
lol oh well, I don't know what the fuck the world was watching, thinking Pacquiao clearly dominated the fight. I even hear people saying he boxed so beautifully, best they ever seen... like what? Lol too bad, he lost. Robbery... well Karma is a bitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.