Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO PPV@09:00(ET)/6:00(PT)- Pacquiao vs Bradley-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 02:06 AM) *
He did make me want to question that he was tired, Manny looked tired to me too, but when I payed attention to Bradley, he was just relaxed... and sloppy at some points. He wasn't staggered at all, he lost his balance a few times and was surprised sometimes by the Pacman's power. But I felt like Bradley outworked Pacquiao. Better defense, dodging and blocking most his punches, constantly working the jab and landing the right. He wasn't entirely hurting Manny, but he was definitely outworking him. Pacquiao was answering back though, it was very close, not a dominate performance at all, what the heck are people watching.

PAC looked tired too. I saw Bradley try to come back when Manny was tagging him. And I agree it wasnt a dominating performance but it was a 9-3 fight. Bradley was competitive but I dont think he did enough to takeover the fight and earn the win. But the ass kissing by the HBO crew was nauseating, I wish they'd call a fight straight for once. I do believe Manny won the fight, but some of the punches werent landing and they missed some that did land.
MaxPayne
Anyone who gave Bradley more than 4 rounds doesn't know shit about boxing.
sduck
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 10 2012, 03:22 AM) *
He didn't hurt manny at all, cmon he didn't win that fight. Not even close. And I don't even like pac like that, I actually like Bradley though but I knew this was too much for him. At least he didn't get kod like I thought. I guess pac had it coming though, after he robbed marquez.

He didn't make Pac squeal or nothin, but he did land some good shots... does someone need to make a highlight?
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 02:23 AM) *
lol oh well, I don't know what the fuck the world was watching, thinking Pacquiao clearly dominated the fight. I even hear people saying he boxed so beautifully, best they ever seen... like what? Lol too bad, he lost. Robbery... well Karma is a bitch.

Where they say that at? Lol
sduck
Youtube and other chat places I been to.
MaxPayne
For those of you referencing the JMM fight, that one was legitimately close. I've watched it 8 or so times and each time, I've had either a draw or a very close victory for Marquez. It's gotten to a point where I can live with a Pacquiao victory in that fight, given how close it was and how JMM let a golden opportunity to finish strong slip through his grasp.

Bradley looked completely outclassed in this fight. If his tactic was to break Manny's hands with his face, then yes, it was working. Manny was faster, stronger, much more accurate and took Bradley's punches easily, whereas the Desert Worm was getting his head snapped the fuck back by this straight left hands.

Once again, it is inconceivable that anyone could have scored this fight a victory for Bradley.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 02:06 AM) *
He did make me want to question that he was tired, Manny looked tired to me too, but when I payed attention to Bradley, he was just relaxed... and sloppy at some points. He wasn't staggered at all, he lost his balance a few times and was surprised sometimes by the Pacman's power. But I felt like Bradley outworked Pacquiao. Better defense, dodging and blocking most his punches, constantly working the jab and landing the right. He wasn't entirely hurting Manny, but he was definitely outworking him. Pacquiao was answering back though, it was very close, not a dominate performance at all, what the heck are people watching.

Interesting that you saw the close fight that nobody else say. Could the commentary had been so biased in favor of Pacquiao that it swayed even the most objective people into thinking that Tim wasn't doing anything, when he might have been doing things that people did not see? You are our first poster that had Tim winning. I have seen maybe a few close verdicts for Pacquio, and overwhelming near shut-out cards for Manny.

Jack
sduck
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 10 2012, 03:38 AM) *
Interesting that you saw the close fight that nobody else say. Could the commentary had been so biased in favor of Pacquiao that it swayed even the most objective people into thinking that Tim wasn't doing anything, when he might have been doing things that people did not see? You are our first poster that had Tim winning. I have seen maybe a few close verdicts for Pacquio, and overwhelming near shut-out cards for Manny.

Jack

I think HBO is definitely swaying most people's opinions, even the most noble people. That was some of the most biased commentary, compubox, crowd, unofficial scoring I ever seen. I mean people are literally acting like Pacquiao dominated this fight. You got people saying they didn't give Bradley more than 1 round. Me personally don't care if people had Pacquiao winning, I thought he'd win, but I HONESTLY had Bradley winning by 2 rounds. I saw a very close competitive fight, like the Pacquiao-Marquez III fight, but that was more clear who won imo.
checkleft
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 10 2012, 02:33 AM) *
For those of you referencing the JMM fight, that one was legitimately close. I've watched it 8 or so times and each time, I've had either a draw or a very close victory for Marquez. It's gotten to a point where I can live with a Pacquiao victory in that fight, given how close it was and how JMM let a golden opportunity to finish strong slip through his grasp.

Bradley looked completely outclassed in this fight. If his tactic was to break Manny's hands with his face, then yes, it was working. Manny was faster, stronger, much more accurate and took Bradley's punches easily, whereas the Desert Worm was getting his head snapped the fuck back by this straight left hands.

Once again, it is inconceivable that anyone could have scored this fight a victory for Bradley.

+too much to state

Seriously anybody who had it for Bradley had too many drinks. I couldn't even hear the commentary over the people talking but I was watching the fight so no way I was swayed by hbo. It was a messy sparring session. That's it
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 02:44 AM) *
I think HBO is definitely swaying most people's opinions, even the most noble people. That was some of the most biased commentary, compubox, crowd, unofficial scoring I ever seen. I mean people are literally acting like Pacquiao dominated this fight. You got people saying they didn't give Bradley more than 1 round. Me personally don't care if people had Pacquiao winning, I thought he'd win, but I HONESTLY had Bradley winning by 2 rounds. I saw a very close competitive fight, like the Pacquiao-Marquez III fight, but that was more clear who won imo.

Amazing. I'd like for you to break down the fight round by round so I can see the reasoning of the Bradley winning by two rounds. I scored the fight 116-112 Pacquiao. Hell even Floyd Sr thought Pacquiao won the fight...
sduck
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jun 10 2012, 03:52 AM) *
Amazing. I'd like for you to break down the fight round by round so I can see the reasoning of the Bradley winning by two rounds. I scored the fight 116-112 Pacquiao. Hell even Floyd Sr thought Pacquiao won the fight...

Will do.... Probably tomorrow (its already tomorrow so like later today). Hell my scoring could change, it usually does when I rewatch fights. I even had a friend who just watched the fight not too long ago and was shocked how people thought it was a robbery. But who is he? smile.gif

Also, I want to see what Daprofessor has to say, cuz he was like one of the only people on here that actually thought Bradley would win. I won't be surprised if he thought Pacquiao won, since everyone seems to think so.
checkleft
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jun 10 2012, 02:52 AM) *

I second that.
sduck
Should I do video or text? Video might be taken for copyright.
mitukczuk
Daaaaaaamn ! I HAVE to watch the fight now...I fell asleep during the undercard and slept thrugh the main card without even bothering to start recording that shit biggrin.gif I hope Youtube hooks me up with the fight soon...

The fact ,that Pac ''lost'' is hilarious, nevermind the circumstances biggrin.gif Can't wait to see the fight now...
Aware
Why is every website blaming the judges? Obviously this had nothing to do with the judges, it was a blatant inside job. Did so many bet on Pac that Vegas would have lost millions if Pac won? This is the most ridiculous decision I have ever encountered.
un01
this shit wasnt even close for anyone to debate, especially so called skilled judges. manny won 9-3. it was clear as day... that just shows you that the fix was in and it was gonna happen no matter what.

someone give bob arum an imodium a.d. the man continues to shit all over the sport.
ROME
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 01:49 AM) *
Agreed! Manny fucked up because, as the "champion" you're supposed to maintain effective aggression in the championship rounds, which are 10-12. I gave Bradley the rounds 1 and 2, and he took the last 3...that's 5 rounds. No way in hell Manny was supposed to let that happen...anytime you get to a "7-5 round situation", there's always potential for fuckery on the cards.

Oh trust me, his ass was there. I was hoping that they gave him a chance to speak afterwards, but that may have been the worst moment for him to speak.

Again...no way in hell Manny was supposed to allow Timmy to get the last 3 rounds, which were based more so off of inactivity or obvious missed punches on Manny's part.

Okay I believe this is this 17th page I read in succession, but I'm so amped to respond that I'm gonna shed some light on a couple theories I have and just hope that I'm not repeating something already said by one of my fellow posters. Cschel you're absolutely right; Manny, as the champion, did not maintain his aggression in the championship rounds. The thing is, he did not maintain his aggression in ANY of the rounds! I'll break it down like this: the whole thing looked predetermined. Manny very clearly chose not to fight 2 out of the 3 minutes of each round, almost as if he agreed to. The man through 1200 punches against a defensively sound (and primarily defensive) Joshua Clottley, but appeared to throw well below his average punches thrown in any of his fights EVER. Even though his punch output was low, it did not appear to impact his punches landed vs Bradleys as he still landed more. This to me suggests that he COULD HAVE done so much more but chose not to. Pay particular attention to the occasions in which he had Bradley hurt. It appeared to me that he would deliberately let him off the hook; as though he was not supposed to stop him. The first 2 minutes of each round all Manny did was tap give gloves together in an effort to encourage Bradley to fight, or perhaps to SELL THE WIN. I think in that regard Manny did his job, however the talent disparity was so clear that is was it was a tough sell for both of them. Bradley IMO clearly wasnt good enough and Manny performed slightly better than he needed to in order to sell the loss. Though he only fought for 1 minute each round, at times he was so effective in that time that it was enough to win the round. Remember, this is just a theory, and it might be a bit far fetched for some, but I feel like at times Bradley didn't want to engage--not so much because he feared Manny's power, but more so because he FELT Manny's power and realized that there was a great possibility that he may have gotten knocked down or even knocked out "by accident", ruining the script as it should play out. I saw no shock in Manny's eyes after the winner was announced and ironically, he appeared more surprised by the Marquez decision he was "awarded" for a fight that in the eyes of many he legitimately lost. I see it as no coincidence that Bradley was parading around with a fight poster of the purposed rematch November 10, a fight for which he presented his wife with a giant novelty ticket. The powers that be will have you believe that he was simply promoting the fight, and attempting to get in Manny's head, but due to the peculiar turn of events does it not appear as though he just knew? Now obviously we know that it was in the contract that Manny was to be granted a rematch potentially on November 10th in the event that he lost the bout should he wish to exercise the clause at that point, but now that we're talking about that very rematch on that very same date after a clearly controversial loss, I seriously think some funny business is going on. That much, I think quite a few of us agree on, but the angle I'm seeing differs in that I almost feel Manny was aware of what would come to pass as well. Bob must have promised him something more than just half an hour to finish watching his basketball game lol
Viewing the footage of the lead up to the fight, did anyone else notice how disinterested Manny looked about the fight? He then comes in at a visibly soft 147lbs (heaviest of his career), seems more interested in the outcome of the basketball game (the one outcome he wasn't sure of) than that of his fight, fights 1/3 of every round even ecouraging Bradley to control the first 2 minutes and still clearly does more than Bradley, again possibly "by accident", and the receives a loss that he was a little too comfortable with considering the nature of he fight. Sorry for the long read but I just want to touch on Bradley lastly. This guy began this promotion talking about "IF I can take his punch", and a lot of "I hope"s and "maybe"s, then all of a sudden "I'm gonna destroy Manny", "I'm gonna kill him", and Manny's "easy work"? It almost seems as though once he was certain of victory on the cards, he was told to act the part and sell the win. I admit he did a better job of talking it up than I expected but there was no transition. He went from fearing, praising and hugging to belittling, disrespecting and mean mugging in what seemed to be overnight. While I usually do more observing than posting, these ideas pretty much kept me up last night, and I very much respect the opinions of the strong posters on this forum so I'd love to hear if anyone shares this idea or what you think of the possibility of it.
gbh32001
QUOTE (ROME @ Jun 10 2012, 05:50 PM) *
Okay I believe this is this 17th page I read in succession, but I'm so amped to respond that I gonna shed some light on a couple theories I have and just hope that I'm not repeating something already said by my fellow posters. Cschel you're absolutely right; Manny, as the champion, did not maintain his aggression in the championship rounds. The thing is, he did not maintain his aggression in ANY of the rounds! I'll break like this: the whole thing looked predetermined. Manny very clearly chose not to fight 2 out of the 3 minutes of each round, almost as if he agreed to. The man through 1200 punches against a defensively sound (and primarily defensive) Joshua Clottley, but appeared to throw well below his average punches thrown in any of his fights EVER. Even though his punch output was low, it did not appear to impact his punches landed vs Bradleys. This to me suggest that he COULD HAVE done so muh more but chose not to. Pay particular attention to the occasions in which he had Bradley hurt. It appeared to me that he would deliberately let him off the hook; as though he was not supposed to stop him. The first 2 minutes of each round all Manny did was tap give gloves together in an effort to encourage Bradley to fight, or perhaps SELL THE WIN. I think in that regard Manny did his job, however he talent disparity was so clear that is was it was a tough sell for both of them. Bradley IMO clearly wasnt good enough and Manny performed slightly better than he need to to sell that loss. Though he only fought for 1 minute each round, at times he was so effective in that time that it was enough to win the round. Remember, this is just a theory, and it might be a bit far fetched for some, but I feel like at times Bradley didn't want to engage--not so much because he feared Manny's power, but more so because he FELT Manny's power and realized that there was a great possibility that he may have gotten knocked down or even knocked "by accident", ruining the script as it should play out. I saw no shock in Manny's after the winner was announced and ironically, he appear more surprised by the Marquez decision he was "awarded" for a fight that in the eyes of many he legitimately lost. I see as no coincidence that Bradley was parading around with a fight poster of the purposed rematch November 10. Did it not appear as though he just knew? Now obviously we know that it was in the contract that Manny was to be granted a rematch potentially on November 10th in the event that he lost the bout should be wish to exercise the clause at that point, but now that we're talking about that very rematch on that very same date after a clearly controversial loss, I seriously think some funny business is going on. That much I think quite a few of us agree on, but the angle I'm seeing differs in that I almost feel Manny was aware of what would come to pass. Bob must have promised him something more than just half an hour to finish watching his basketball game lol
Viewing the footage of the lead up to the fight, did anyone else notice how disinterested Manny looked about he fight? He then comes in at a visibly soft 147lbs (heaviest of his career) seems more interested in the outcome of the basketball game (the one outcome he wasn't sure of) than that of his fight, fights 1/3 of every round even ecouraging Bradley to control the first 2 minute and still clearly does more than Bradley, again possibly "by accident", and the receives a loss that he was a little too comfortable with considering the nature of he fight. Sorry for the long read but I just want to touch on Bradley lastly. This guy began this promotion talking about "IF I can take his punch", and a lot of "I hope"s and "maybe"s, then all of a sudden "I gonna destroy Manny", "I'm gonna kill him", and Manny's "easy work"? It almost seems as though once he was certain of victory on the cards, he was told to act the part and sell the win. I admit he did a better job of talking it up than I expected but there was no transition. He went from fearing, praising and hugging to belittling, disrespecting and mean mugging in what seemed to be overnight. While I usually do more observing than posting, these ideas pretty much kept me up last night, and I very much respect the opinions of the strong posters on this forum so I'd love to hear if anyone shares this idea or what you think of the possibility of it.

I've been preaching this to one boxing website prior and nobody believe me except haters.
ROME
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Jun 10 2012, 06:20 AM) *
I've been preaching this to one boxing website prior and nobody believe me except haters.

Well I'm on board with you bro. I may still be a bit taken aback by what I witnessed and may be speaking out of emotion so I'll give it a couple days to settle down, but I'm doubtful that my opinion will change. Bob Arum did an interview just prior to the fight in which he apparently said he felt it was going to be "Bradley's night", suggesting Bradley would win. I just read a post fight interview where now he's claiming to be outraged and that he went to Bradley just before the decision was read at which point Bradley said something to the effect of "I really tried but I just couldn't beat him". Bob knows acting any different would suggests his involvement in the the trickery, so his opinion must reflect that of the visually able general public in order to save face. Bradley's post fight interview and press conference comment were riddled with inconsistencies. First he claimed that PAC hurt him a couple times, the he says he never felt pac's power. Then he says he'll have to go back watch the fight to see IF he won, then he says he definitely won the fight. It's like he's falling in and out of character. Like he's having difficultly repressing his honesty...
haqtiq
I had Tim winning this fight by 2 rounds. Me and the GF watched it live from www.toprank.tv, and you know whats REALLY funny, THEY (the TR announcers) had Bradley winning as well. I am so happy I didn't watch this on HBO PPV. 11-1 is total BS.

Manny did not look like Manny in this fight, those body shots from Bradley were fading Pac. He got outworked by the younger hungrier man, watch the fight again with no volume, or watch the toprank.tv fight, these guys saw what was going on, Manny waited until the last 15 seconds in most rounds to try and steal it, yet getting outworked in the earlier phases.

It was a close fight, true. But Manny winning no.

What I love, is how people think Manny just dominated Bradley... people were saying Bradley was going to get Murdered. What I saw was a flabby pacman, waiting on the younger guy to make the mistake he never made. Manny's fault. I am so fuckin happy the Mayweather fight is off now, because this Pac would get DESTROYED by Mayweather, no question.

If you think this was a robbery and will never watch boxing again, adios, I surely wont miss you at all.

Again, if you disagree... watch the fight again, count how many big shots Manny landed per round, it was about 6-7 big shots the whole fight man, Timmy was blocking and ducking most everything, he did get clipped, but most importantly he survived and fought back.

People seriously need to get yall boxing IQ up man.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Jun 10 2012, 07:19 AM) *
I had Tim winning this fight by 2 rounds. Me and the GF watched it live from www.toprank.tv, and you know whats REALLY funny, THEY (the TR announcers) had Bradley winning as well. I am so happy I didn't watch this on HBO PPV. 11-1 is total BS.

Manny did not look like Manny in this fight, those body shots from Bradley were fading Pac. He got outworked by the younger hungrier man, watch the fight again with no volume, or watch the toprank.tv fight, these guys saw what was going on, Manny waited until the last 15 seconds in most rounds to try and steal it, yet getting outworked in the earlier phases.

It was a close fight, true. But Manny winning no.

What I love, is how people think Manny just dominated Bradley... people were saying Bradley was going to get Murdered. What I saw was a flabby pacman, waiting on the younger guy to make the mistake he never made. Manny's fault. I am so fuckin happy the Mayweather fight is off now, because this Pac would get DESTROYED by Mayweather, no question.

If you think this was a robbery and will never watch boxing again, adios, I surely wont miss you at all.

Again, if you disagree... watch the fight again, count how many big shots Manny landed per round, it was about 6-7 big shots the whole fight man, Timmy was blocking and ducking most everything, he did get clipped, but most importantly he survived and fought back.

People seriously need to get yall boxing IQ up man.

Take a chill pill, man. Having an opinion doesn't mean you can throw IQ shit all over the place.
checkleft
Seriously?.. of course TR announcers are gonna have Bradley up.. now the hype job torch is getting passed on too?

Bradley is a hard worker with tremendous confidence and a decent skill set but he is not even with in his class now ill praise him because he stayed up and didn't go down in what seemingly looked like a rough sparring sesh for manny but that's it. He didn't outbox manny, he didn't outslug manny he barley managed to rough him up and when he was trying to rough him up he was getting more than he was giving..

This is the worst decision I've ever watched, worse than Williams Lara worse than Paulie Diaz even worse than Campillo Cloud. And anyone on here will tell you I've done my fair share of dumping on pac
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2012, 02:34 AM) *
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Mann...decision-060912

Arum is such a bitch and I've lost a lil bit of respect for Bradley

Why have you lost respect for Bradley? He fought his ass off, took early punishment, and finished the fight strong. I had him down 2 rounds in the fight but he gained a fan in me.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 10 2012, 07:41 AM) *
Why have you lost respect for Bradley? He fought his ass off, took early punishment, and finished the fight strong. I had him down 2 rounds in the fight but he gained a fan in me.

+1

I havent seen the fight yet - my buddy is on his way with it. But Bradley acts really humble and speaks well in the after-fight interviews and I doubt that he is sitting in the chair just because he wants. If he fought with his ankle all fkd up 10 rounds, that does show a lot of determination and heart. Not saying it affected his performance or he would have won more deicisively if he was ok, but still. He gained a fan in me as well no matter the result.
Hotsauce
haqtiq
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 10 2012, 08:40 AM) *
Seriously?.. of course TR announcers are gonna have Bradley up.. now the hype job torch is getting passed on too?

Bradley is a hard worker with tremendous confidence and a decent skill set but he is not even with in his class now ill praise him because he stayed up and didn't go down in what seemingly looked like a rough sparring sesh for manny but that's it. He didn't outbox manny, he didn't outslug manny he barley managed to rough him up and when he was trying to rough him up he was getting more than he was giving..

This is the worst decision I've ever watched, worse than Williams Lara worse than Paulie Diaz even worse than Campillo Cloud. And anyone on here will tell you I've done my fair share of dumping on pac

You make me happy. Just an FYI. Worst decision... REALLY? Did you watch this fight with blinders on that only had Pac winning or what? Pac LOST that fight, plain and simple... if he won, what exactly did he DO to win? Please explain that, was he dominating 3 mins of every round? No, was he behind a jab and boxing Bradley's ears off? No... What he did was put his hands up, and wait.. took alot of shots while waiting, thus losing alot of rounds, those late flurries do NOT sell me on a fight. It's not enough. You telling me, if I pop you with 18 shots, clean shots to head and body, and you land 7 at the end, do you win the round? In the words of my daughter...PUH-LEEZE. Haha

I don't care who bashes who... 3 judges saw this fight close.. a whole Pac nation saw their idol fall to the so called "lesser" man. As a boxing fan I am just on top of the world right now, I think the man who deserved the victory got it, by fighting his heart out and out working Pac. We are all entitled to opinion, true... but like I said in my last post, watch the fight again, I am watching it right now for the 2nd time. If I change my mind, I will gladly eat my words and come back and say HIGHWAY ROBBERY! But considering I wasn't drunk last night.. I know who won the fight and his last name didn't start with a P.
Franchize
Let me preface this by saying these quick points:
#1 I'm not a Manny Pacquiao fan
#2 I think HBO GREATLY exaggerated Manny's "tremendous performance".
#3 I watched the fight with my boys; both of which couldn't stay awake passed the 5th round because it was such a boring fight.

*sigh*

Now, with that said, that was an absolutely disgusting decision and I feel absolutely terrible for Manny. Bradley tried to mimic Marquez (as Diaz said he would in the Face Off). I thought that was a terrible idea. He's not a cerebral fighter. His hands looked slow. He wasn't aggressive. He never really landed many clean shots. Manny was laughing at him the entire fight almost as if he was saying " thanks for making me look like I regained my mojo." Bradley's confidence was completely sapped by the 3rd round. He was in survival mode. He looked like a long distance runner who was in dead last but determined to finish the race. I had Bradley winning rounds 2,10 and 12. 2 was a gift because nothing really happed but Bradley used his jab a little. Manny was peppering him early on with left hand. Bradley's big ass head had zero movement. I will say, Bradley did start moving his dome more and made Manny miss a lot. I will also say that I thought the Compubox numbers were inaccurate. I'll also say Manny did an awful job cutting off the ring yet again. However, this was an absolute joke. I hope my fellow Mayweather fans aren't applauding this decision because you'll just come off as a hater. End of the day, if you love the sport, right is right and wrong is wrong. This was flat out wrong and yet another black eye on the sweet science that has looked like a tomato can fighter against a P4P great this year. I never thought I'd say this, but I feel bad for Pacquaio, Roach and Ariza.

I totally think Bob Arum set Manny up. He wanted to see a rematch from the start. He immediately jumped all over and hugged Bradley after the scores were announced and all reports indicated that all he was doing was talking rematch. Then, after the fact, he puts out a report that Bradley said " I tied hard but I couldn't beat the guy" before the scores were announced. Whatever dude! End of the day, we aren't going to see the end of Bob's reign unless we stop buying Top Prank fights. I saw this at a friends house because I refused to purchase this bullshit with my hard earned money. Manny didn't do himself any favors though by not being totally outraged afterwards. Maybe he was privy to the entire situation before hand and was cool with it.I have ZERO desire to see this lame ass rematch. If anything, I'm streaming the fuck outta this one.

Another thought: Even if the fight was scored as it SHOULD have been, this did nothing to help Manny's 50/50 case. This was yet another snoozer for a guy who was supposed to be so much more exciting than Floyd.
checkleft
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Jun 10 2012, 08:09 AM) *
You make me happy. Just an FYI. Worst decision... REALLY? Did you watch this fight with blinders on that only had Pac winning or what? Pac LOST that fight, plain and simple... if he won, what exactly did he DO to win? Please explain that, was he dominating 3 mins of every round? No, was he behind a jab and boxing Bradley's ears off? No... What he did was put his hands up, and wait.. took alot of shots while waiting, thus losing alot of rounds, those late flurries do NOT sell me on a fight. It's not enough. You telling me, if I pop you with 18 shots, clean shots to head and body, and you land 7 at the end, do you win the round? In the words of my daughter...PUH-LEEZE. Haha

When did Bradley do anything you just mentioned pac didn't do? You might not have been drunk but you could have been high. I think there was maybe one point in the fight where Bradley landed 18+ "clean" shots lol

I'm no club member to any pac nation by any means. But I am a fan of boxing, and even though I'm glad the pac hype is over to some extent I wish it would have been done the right way. Like I said before TR is full of shit! How are you gonna put an Abril Rios judge back on the Fucking panel, ill tell you how because the fix was in. So glad I didbt pay for this shit.
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 10 2012, 08:33 AM) *
Let me preface this by saying these quick points:
#1 I'm not a Manny Pacquiao fan
#2 I think HBO GREATLY exaggerated Manny's "tremendous performance".
#3 I watched the fight with my boys; both of which couldn't stay awake passed the 5th round because it was such a boring fight.

*sigh*

Now, with that said, that was an absolutely disgusting decision and I feel absolutely terrible for Manny. Bradley tried to mimic Marquez (as Diaz said he would in the Face Off). I thought that was a terrible idea. He's not a cerebral fighter. His hands looked slow. He wasn't aggressive. He never really landed many clean shots. Manny was laughing at him the entire fight almost as if he was saying " thanks for making me look like I regained my mojo." Bradley's confidence was completely sapped by the 3rd round. He was in survival mode. He looked like a long distance runner who was in dead last but determined to finish the race. I had Bradley winning rounds 2,10 and 12. 2 was a gift because nothing really happed but Bradley used his jab a little. Manny was peppering him early on with left hand. Bradley's big ass head had zero movement. I will say, Bradley did start moving his dome more and made Manny miss a lot. I will also say that I thought the Compubox numbers were inaccurate. I'll also say Manny did an awful job cutting off the ring yet again. However, this was an absolute joke. I hope my fellow Mayweather fans aren't applauding this decision because you'll just come off as a hater. End of the day, if you love the sport, right is right and wrong is wrong. This was flat out wrong and yet another black eye on the sweet science that has looked like a tomato can fighter against a P4P great this year. I never thought I'd say this, but I feel bad for Pacquaio, Roach and Ariza.

I totally think Bob Arum set Manny up. He wanted to see a rematch from the start. He immediately jumped all over and hugged Bradley after the scores were announced and all reports indicated that all he was doing was talking rematch. Then, after the fact, he puts out a report that Bradley said " I tied hard but I couldn't beat the guy" before the scores were announced. Whatever dude! End of the day, we aren't going to see the end of Bob's reign unless we stop buying Top Prank fights. I saw this at a friends house because I refused to purchase this bullshit with my hard earned money. Manny didn't do himself any favors though by not being totally outraged afterwards. Maybe he was privy to the entire situation before hand and was cool with it.I have ZERO desire to see this lame ass rematch. If anything, I'm streaming the fuck outta this one.

Another thought: Even if the fight was scored as it SHOULD have been, this did nothing to help Manny's 50/50 case. This was yet another snoozer for a guy who was supposed to be so much more exciting than Floyd.

Could not have been put better.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 10 2012, 03:57 AM) *
Will do.... Probably tomorrow (its already tomorrow so like later today). Hell my scoring could change, it usually does when I rewatch fights. I even had a friend who just watched the fight not too long ago and was shocked how people thought it was a robbery. But who is he? smile.gif

Also, I want to see what Daprofessor has to say, cuz he was like one of the only people on here that actually thought Bradley would win. I won't be surprised if he thought Pacquiao won, since everyone seems to think so.

I didn't do a rbr score. However, I also saw it as a close fight. I thought that Pacquiao fought the last minute of most rounds and in some cases, just the last 10 seconds. Bradleys output was much more consistent per round. I also believe the HBO guys were very biased in their commentary which may have swayed many people watching. I also think that compubox was way off. Just a lot of anomalies in this fight. The 1st round was really a prelude to how the fight ultimately played out. Bradley's consistent output vs Pacquiao's surge in the last 30 seconds of the round. Did those 3 shots Manny landed count for more than all Bradley had done the rest of the round? Thats pretty much the way i saw most of the fight.
BigFightFan
Pacquiao laid back in rounds 10-12

Did the early body work by Bradley wear him down?
Did he lose focus?
Was he disinterested?
Was he apart of the fix?
Did he believe he was up by a wide margin?
Cheesey1
To paraphrase the great Johnny Nash:

"I can see see clearly now"
"the Pactards are gone.."

haqtiq
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 10 2012, 10:12 AM) *
I didn't do a rbr score. However, I also saw it as a close fight. I thought that Pacquiao fought the last minute of most rounds and in some cases, just the last 10 seconds. Bradleys output was much more consistent per round. I also believe the HBO guys were very biased in their commentary which may have swayed many people watching. I also think that compubox was way off. Just a lot of anomalies in this fight. The 1st round was really a prelude to how the fight ultimately played out. Bradley's consistent output vs Pacquiao's surge in the last 30 seconds of the round. Did those 3 shots Manny landed count for more than all Bradley had done the rest of the round? Thats pretty much the way i saw most of the fight.

Thank you, Manny was on that Leonard, attempting to STEAL rounds.. the judges were having no part of it. If you only fight for 10 seconds of 12 rounds you're technically only winning 1:20, and without a doubt Bradley had Pac's head rocking back, pop or no pop.. he was touching Pac for most of the fight, enough for me to give him rounds 1, 2, 3, 7, 10, 11, 12. Before the bell in round 12 did everybody miss Pac's corner IMPLORING him to do something?!?

Theres only one reason for that... to close the show because you're losing. There's no need for a KO if you are supposedly winning on the score cards, and going into 12 I had it dead even. So it all makes sense to me, and obviously one can point the finger in a million directions, but if you want to blame someone blame Pac.. The fighter of the decade, his power pellets, and his unmatched power couldn't get a guy that shouldn't have been in there with him out, and to top that off, he got outworked by that man.

Mayweather vs. Pac DO NOT SIGN THIS CONTRACT unless you want to see Pacman hurt badly. If Bradley can outbox Manny (He did exactly that imho), what do you think Money will do?

Enough said.
bnoles4life
These are some interesting perspectives. While I was watching this fight, I noticed Manny missed far more than he connected and was off balanced like a mug. Bradley's movement (when he had the energy to do it) threw him off.

That being said, I'm trippin' how ANYONE had this fight a "close" one, much less Bradley up. Then again, there were 3 judges and all three had it w/n 2 rounds either way. **Personally, the foundation behind this fight will, no doubt, be placed in the Kennedy files**
haqtiq
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 10 2012, 10:54 AM) *
To paraphrase the great Johnny Nash:

"I can see see clearly now"
"the Pactards are gone.."

I keep hearing Justin Timberlake - Cry me a river

Ohh and how many PacFan's committed suicide last night... bet those numbers are as high as the PPV numbers.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Jun 10 2012, 11:19 AM) *
I keep hearing Justin Timberlake - Cry me a river

Ohh and how many PacFan's committed suicide last night... bet those numbers are as high as the PPV numbers.

Ha!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 10 2012, 11:13 AM) *
These are some interesting perspectives. While I was watching this fight, I noticed Manny missed far more than he connected and was off balanced like a mug. Bradley's movement (when he had the energy to do it) threw him off.

That being said, I'm trippin' how ANYONE had this fight a "close" one, much less Bradley up. Then again, there were 3 judges and all three had it w/n 2 rounds either way. **Personally, the foundation behind this fight will, no doubt, be placed in the Kennedy files**

With all of those comely sea hags walking around, I'm surprised that you were able to pay attention to the boxing...
mgrover
meh, i get that pac hardly did much in those mod rounds, but seriously the fuck did Bradley do? The majority of his shots were either missing or landing on Pacs guard, seems like there doing it on the effective aggression bullshit, and it wasn't that effective since he was getting his ass backed up
haqtiq
Ok, ok... I have to modify my inital scores!

And no, it's not highway robbery it's actually one round different.

I had initally gave round 7 to Bradley, I was wrong, Pac won that round.. now I didn't initally give round 8 to Bradley, but he CLEARLY won that round.

So my 2x final scores..

1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 11, 12

115-113 Bradley.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 10 2012, 10:23 AM) *
With all of those comely sea hags walking around, I'm surprised that you were able to pay attention to the boxing...

HA! HA! fuck.gif

Maaaaaan, there were a couple of respectable ones out there last night, but all in all, S.H.C. Ha Ha. Regardless of the obvious copyright this bar has w/ UGLY ASS chicks, it wasn't the biggest irritant in the room. No, that honor belonged to the oxymoron that frequented the bar: the knowledgable "casual" boxing fan.
I was chattin' w/ 3 guys:

1, told me that Pac will destroy Mayweather b/c he's a better boxer
1, told me that if May had such a hard time w/ Cotto, Pac will destroy him
1, told me that Pac has fought tougher fighters

After the fight, in their outrage, I asked them, "So, do you see the irony in all of this? I mean, the Marquez trilogy and this bad decision?" Their answer: "Huh? Marquez? Which guy was that, again?"

**Alright, fellas, it's been real, have a safe ride home**
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 10 2012, 03:24 AM) *
Anyone who gave Pacquiao more than 4 rounds doesn't know shit about boxing.

Do you mean Bradley? Lol

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 10 2012, 03:33 AM) *

It's sad that Manny didn't press those championship rounds, and we've seen decisions like this before, due to a guy taking it easy in the later rounds.

Now i have to go back and read the rest of these responses...I couldn't quote everybody. laugh.gif
pacco_diablo
As a judge this is what I'm looking for, and I know that some people will not agree with my style:

1. Who is getting hit the most. I'm more of an Olympic scoring type guy. It makes scoring simpler without the use of subjective opinions about how hard or effective a punch was. BTW, I think compubox is garbage but Manny did land more punches. Manny was killing Bradley with straights.

2. Who is the aggressor. Who's the one noticably or constantly bringing the fight. In many fights this is more obvious than others. I'd give a very slight egde to Bradley but in no was was Manny running. In fact Manny was moving forward quite a bit, to the point where I'd move this scoring factor further down the list for this fight.

3. Defense and counter shots. This is where the beauty of the sport is to me. To see a guy backed into the ropes and block or dodge many of the shots thrown while landing counter shots. Roy Jones was great at this and it was always extentuated by the tounge coming out in the middle of a barrage. Though there wasnt a lot of rope action I'd still give Manny the edge because he simply countered better and landed more shots after being fired upon.

4. Clean and effective punching. This is usually towards the bottom of my scoring because of, as I mentioned above, its subjectivity. I can see this being higher if the head is obviously being snapped back, but it can honestly be difficult to judge when I guy is TRULY hurt. I'll always give the fighter who lands 20 more punches vs. being rocked twice in a round. That being said, Manny still had the more clean and effective punches, and was NEVER rocked in this fight. Bradleys best punch, which probably went unnoticed was a soild uppercut while they were working inside.

That brings up another thing that casual fans will always miss, inside work. Because the fighters are at such close quarters it can be very difficult to see what's happening or judge for the matter. Manny and Bradley didnt do a whole lot of fighting at really close range so it's not like Bradley could have been cut some slack here.

Lastly, and this is completely my opinion, but to me you have to beat the man to be the man. Every round can't be a draw so for the most part I'm going to lead toward the Champ if he isnt running.

All of that being said, it appears that Bradley won because he threw more punches. Which is a horrible way to score. What else did he do?

When scoring fights there often comes a point where you want to go back and change a score from a previous round, this is definitely the case in very close rounds. IMO, since most of scoring is subjective, there should be an extra point allowed by each judge to give to one fighter or the other after the fight is complete. It would probably be more trouble than what it's worth, because of the corrupt nature of this sport, but it could lend a chance to make up for close rounds that were difficult to score.

To me Manny clearly won the fight. Bradley looked hesitant, robotic, frustrated and at times defeated. There were several opportunites for him to dish out some serious counters (Manny left himself open a lot ) yet he seemed to miss them all. We've all definitely seen worse decisions but that doenst change the "fact" that this was also a bad decision.
Franchize
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 10 2012, 11:30 AM) *
meh, i get that pac hardly did much in those mod rounds, but seriously the fuck did Bradley do? The majority of his shots were either missing or landing on Pacs guard, seems like there doing it on the effective aggression bullshit, and it wasn't that effective since he was getting his ass backed up

This this and more this! Did Pacquiao fight in spurts? Yes...but it was all he needed to do. This fight mirrored the Mosley vs Alvarez fight somewhat. If fact, Mosley actually landed more than Bradley IMO. Bradley's punches were mostly guard punches. His confidence was completely shot. He was making Mosley-esque excuses. His will was broken and he was throwing light punches that were meaningless in the middle rounds as if he were shadow boxing. I think the very most you can give Bradley was 3 rounds. I kinda wanted Bradley to rough Manny up so this 50/50 nonsense can get laid to rest but let's be real, that didn't happen. Bradley looked like a B class fighter just trying to survive and say I went 12 rounds with Manny Pacquiao. To say this fight was either close OR exciting is absolutely baffling. If it was a close fight #1 Diaz wouldnt have been pleading to Bradley to not quit. In fact, he asked Bradley at one point if he wanted to continue. #2 If it was a close fight, the fans wouldnt have been booing, Manny wouldn't have been laughing and coasting and Bradley's head wouldn't have been down every time a round ended. This was an awful decision. It wasn't as bad as Lara/Williams and certainly not as bad as Cloud/Campillo but it was up there. Once again, I am NOT a Pacquaio fan at all! I'm a Mayweather fan actually but fair is fair. This was a robbery and a travesty. Pacquiao toyed with Bradley like he was an amateur.Bradley's performance wasn't even close to Marquez' yet he tried to do the same things.
Cshel86
QUOTE (ROME @ Jun 10 2012, 05:50 AM) *
Okay I believe this is this 17th page I read in succession, but I'm so amped to respond that I'm gonna shed some light on a couple theories I have and just hope that I'm not repeating something already said by one of my fellow posters. Cschel you're absolutely right; Manny, as the champion, did not maintain his aggression in the championship rounds. The thing is, he did not maintain his aggression in ANY of the rounds! I'll break it down like this: the whole thing looked predetermined. Manny very clearly chose not to fight 2 out of the 3 minutes of each round, almost as if he agreed to. The man through 1200 punches against a defensively sound (and primarily defensive) Joshua Clottley, but appeared to throw well below his average punches thrown in any of his fights EVER. Even though his punch output was low, it did not appear to impact his punches landed vs Bradleys as he still landed more. This to me suggests that he COULD HAVE done so much more but chose not to. Pay particular attention to the occasions in which he had Bradley hurt. It appeared to me that he would deliberately let him off the hook; as though he was not supposed to stop him. The first 2 minutes of each round all Manny did was tap give gloves together in an effort to encourage Bradley to fight, or perhaps to SELL THE WIN. I think in that regard Manny did his job, however the talent disparity was so clear that is was it was a tough sell for both of them. Bradley IMO clearly wasnt good enough and Manny performed slightly better than he needed to in order to sell the loss. Though he only fought for 1 minute each round, at times he was so effective in that time that it was enough to win the round. Remember, this is just a theory, and it might be a bit far fetched for some, but I feel like at times Bradley didn't want to engage--not so much because he feared Manny's power, but more so because he FELT Manny's power and realized that there was a great possibility that he may have gotten knocked down or even knocked out "by accident", ruining the script as it should play out. I saw no shock in Manny's eyes after the winner was announced and ironically, he appeared more surprised by the Marquez decision he was "awarded" for a fight that in the eyes of many he legitimately lost. I see it as no coincidence that Bradley was parading around with a fight poster of the purposed rematch November 10, a fight for which he presented his wife with a giant novelty ticket. The powers that be will have you believe that he was simply promoting the fight, and attempting to get in Manny's head, but due to the peculiar turn of events does it not appear as though he just knew? Now obviously we know that it was in the contract that Manny was to be granted a rematch potentially on November 10th in the event that he lost the bout should he wish to exercise the clause at that point, but now that we're talking about that very rematch on that very same date after a clearly controversial loss, I seriously think some funny business is going on. That much, I think quite a few of us agree on, but the angle I'm seeing differs in that I almost feel Manny was aware of what would come to pass as well. Bob must have promised him something more than just half an hour to finish watching his basketball game lol
Viewing the footage of the lead up to the fight, did anyone else notice how disinterested Manny looked about the fight? He then comes in at a visibly soft 147lbs (heaviest of his career), seems more interested in the outcome of the basketball game (the one outcome he wasn't sure of) than that of his fight, fights 1/3 of every round even ecouraging Bradley to control the first 2 minutes and still clearly does more than Bradley, again possibly "by accident", and the receives a loss that he was a little too comfortable with considering the nature of he fight. Sorry for the long read but I just want to touch on Bradley lastly. This guy began this promotion talking about "IF I can take his punch", and a lot of "I hope"s and "maybe"s, then all of a sudden "I'm gonna destroy Manny", "I'm gonna kill him", and Manny's "easy work"? It almost seems as though once he was certain of victory on the cards, he was told to act the part and sell the win. I admit he did a better job of talking it up than I expected but there was no transition. He went from fearing, praising and hugging to belittling, disrespecting and mean mugging in what seemed to be overnight. While I usually do more observing than posting, these ideas pretty much kept me up last night, and I very much respect the opinions of the strong posters on this forum so I'd love to hear if anyone shares this idea or what you think of the possibility of it.

I have NO objections to this post...excellent stuff! I will add though...does anybody find it funny that Arum and Team Pacquiao knew over a year ago before Timmy even signed with TR, that they were going to be fighting him? Kinda scary to me, kinda scary...

I like you analysis on how the fight played out (round by round). You're right, Manny only seemed interested in fighting for the last minute of each round. Even when he had Timmy hurt, he did seem disinterested in finishing. The fact that Bradley finished the fight on his feet, already spelled trouble. I didn't think Tim was going to win, had it gone to the cards, but shit happens (as we saw last night).

I noticed that Manny didn't catch Tim with that sneaky left hand that dropped Mosley, put Cotto on queer street twice, and almost killed Diaz. laugh.gif Anyhow, I still like him as a fighter, but no way in hell should've taken rounds off like he did last night, and fight in spurts (as they both did). Again, great post!

MaxPayne
At the end of the day, people can claim all they want about Manny coasting in rounds 10 through 12, or fighting in spurts/in the last portion of several rounds.

It doesn't change a thing. Bradley's accuracy was terrible, and you didn't need Compubox to tell that. He threw a lot, and the vast majority of his shots were landing on gloves or straight up missing.

Manny was way more accurate and his punches had a lot more power than the feather fisted shit Bradley was throwing, even the ones that did land.

I'm too disgusted to do a round by round, but I stand by what I've said before.

117-111 for Manny is about the most fair result that I can think of in this fight.

Anyone who thinks the fight was won by Bradley probably had Brandon Rios' fuck ass winning against Richard Abril.

I watched the fight with 25 buddies, several of whom like myself, are huge boxing fans and follow the sport closely.

This fight wasn't even close, and we all agreed.

Having said all of that, Manny was a little bit too nonchalant about the loss in the post fight interview. It does make you think about something fishy going on. After all, even with a reduced paycheck, he nets a much greater overall number from 2 more Bradley fights. He didn't have anyone else to fight, when you think about it. He won't take a 4th fight with JMM and Rios got exposed big time.

It is what it is. I'm going back to sleep.
Aware
We should not even be discussing who won the fight. That was clear. Instead we should be discussing corruption involved in this fight.
pacco_diablo
"Everybody sound the same, commercialize the game
Reminiscin' when it wasn't all business
If it got where it started
So we all gather here for the dearly departed" - Nas

And she's dead... she's dead...

Judging itself has become the Margarito of boxing. This sport will have a difficult time attracting new fans. The respect for it is dying. Until the sanctioning bodies decide to work together, at least from a promotional standpoint, and the judging somehow gets better, we will all continue to witness this once great, well known and respected sport continue to swirl down the camode.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 10 2012, 08:40 AM) *
This is the worst decision I've ever watched, worse than Williams Lara worse than Paulie Diaz even worse than Campillo Cloud.

I agree!

QUOTE (haqtiq @ Jun 10 2012, 11:06 AM) *
If Bradley can outbox Manny (He did exactly that imho), what do you think Money will do?

Enough said.

Wow, I think I need a new set of eyes, if Bradley outboxed Manny. Honestly, there wasn't much boxing going on in this fight. I agree, Timmy boxed in the middle rounds instead of going into survival mode, but again...not much boxing went on in this fight. Where were you throughout the build-up of this fight? I was expecting you to stick around.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 10 2012, 11:13 AM) *
**Personally, the foundation behind this fight will, no doubt, be placed in the Kennedy files**

I love when you drop these gems sir! I just put my hand on my chin and looked to the sky, hmmm...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2012, 11:34 AM) *
I agree!

Wow, I think I need a new set of eyes, if Bradley outboxed Manny. Honestly, there wasn't much boxing going on in this fight. I agree, Timmy boxed in the middle rounds instead of going into survival mode, but again...not much boxing went on in this fight. Where were you throughout the build-up of this fight? I was expecting you to stick around.

I love when you drop these gems sir! I just put my hand on my chin and looked to the sky, hmmm...

Ha Ha...my pleasure. That was an ignorant @$$ decision...seriously. If this doesn't put the world on notice that Floyd/Pac is NOT happening under the TR banner, I don't know what will
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 10 2012, 11:39 AM) *
HA! HA! fuck.gif

Maaaaaan, there were a couple of respectable ones out there last night, but all in all, S.H.C. Ha Ha. Regardless of the obvious copyright this bar has w/ UGLY ASS chicks, it wasn't the biggest irritant in the room. No, that honor belonged to the oxymoron that frequented the bar: the knowledgable "casual" boxing fan.

After the fight, in their outrage, I asked them, "So, do you see the irony in all of this? I mean, the Marquez trilogy and this bad decision?" Their answer: "Huh? Marquez? Which guy was that, again?"

If I was there, the phrase "ploughing the seas" would have taken on a whole new meaning. Sea hags FTW!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 10 2012, 11:39 AM) *
No, that honor belonged to the oxymoron that frequented the bar: the knowledgable "casual" boxing fan.

Wow, those were 3 ignorant points. Your next move should've been the 3-point bottle stance. Drink half of your beer, and on cue, crack one them across the head with the bottle, stab the other, and posture the 3rd guy if you're going to stab him too (MJ "Beat It" video style).

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 10 2012, 12:41 PM) *
Ha Ha...my pleasure. That was an ignorant @$$ decision...seriously. If this doesn't put the world on notice that Floyd/Pac is NOT happening under the TR banner, I don't know what will

I HATE CASUAL FANS! I was reposting this long ass response on about4 ppl's statuses last night...hopefully they understand the storyline after the long read.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.