Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would u still support boxing ppv? [poll question]
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Plain and simple straight answer.
mitukczuk
I'll always gladly pay for Money Mayweather's fight, no matter who he fights.
Kratza
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jun 11 2012, 07:52 PM) *

+1
mrwigi
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jun 11 2012, 02:52 PM) *

+10

A coworker asked me if i ordered the fight and my response was a quick hell no.. But, once Floyd steps back into that squared circle and i will gladly call comcast and tell them to add an additional 60 bucks to my bill
checkleft
Yes, no TR though.
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 11 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Yes, no TR though.

This! Even though it seems like it, every fight isn't Top Prank. I'l continue to watch but I'll never buy a Top Prank fight!
un01
i'll still buy ppvs as long as it isnt a top rank fight
Cshel86
Thanks to chopping it up with you guys every damn day, it always leads me to order fights, even against my will. laugh.gif What's up with this "Mayweather exclusivity"? I must admit, this past TR card last weekend wasn't bad at all. It's always a gamble, but I actually enjoyed this one more than the Mayweather/Cotto card.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2012, 10:58 PM) *
Thanks to chopping it up with you guys every damn day, it always leads me to order fights, even against my will. laugh.gif What's up with this "Mayweather exclusivity"? I must admit, this past TR card last weekend wasn't bad at all. It's always a gamble, but I actually enjoyed this one more than the Mayweather/Cotto card.

For all the talk from casual fans how "Mayweather is so boring", his last few fights have been very entertaining and action packed. It's been Manny with the absolute snoozefest lately.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 12 2012, 09:20 AM) *
For all the talk from casual fans how "Mayweather is so boring", his last few fights have been very entertaining and action packed. It's been Manny with the absolute snoozefest lately.

Yes I enjoyed last weekend's card more than the Mayweather/Cotto card. I like how Floyd stacks his cards with names (so to speak), because that's what people pay for. Oddly enough, Mayweather's "star studded" cards usually shift about 3 or 4 times before the actual fight happens.

NOW, had the Star Power card kept the Matthysse/Morales fight, and the Ring Kings card's fights changed about 4 times, which ultimately sucks the juice out of it. Now, in regards to Floyd's actual fight (the main event), I've had no complaints about the action.

I guess I look at the whole card, rather than just main event, as a hardcore fan would do. When I see guys dropping in "+1ing" the whole "I'll only buy Mayweather's" fights, reeks of "nuthuggery" to me, but that's just my opinion. As a fan, the curiosity and knowledge of the fact that a fight can go either way, regardless of the match-up, leads me to buy these fights.

Again, Im not saying that people have to buy every PPV card, just to justify the fact that they're a "hardcore fan", not true at all. When guys dont even spend their money on a card, then have the nerve to critique it, that's what blows me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.