Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. vs Rafael Marquez set for Aug. 4.!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
http://www.boxingscene.com/vazquez-jr-vs-m...rto-rico--53974

Cant wait for this one! Yet again, another Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry! I'm not sure of the last time Marquez fought (maybe it was a Japanese guy), but this one should be good. Maybe Wilfredo can get some "get-back" for Juanma as he sits on his thumbs waiting to be eligible to fight again. laugh.gif

Vasquez has been pretty active, but Marquez is without a doubt, a warrior. How do you guys have this one?
daprofessor
i can't count this as a p.r. vs mexico bout for the simple fact that marquez is past it. the kid is not bad, he should win this one...but i wouldn't be surprised if marquez wins.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2012, 01:31 PM) *
i can't count this as a p.r. vs mexico bout for the simple fact that marquez is past it. the kid is not bad, he should win this one...but i wouldn't be surprised if marquez wins.

Im sure most of us thought Salido/Lopez wasn't going to end up being what it is today. Besides, Salido has just been beaten by Gamboa, so he was fed to Lopez in order to compare the performances between the two. Sadly enough, Lopez came up short..both times. I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez took this one...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Im sure most of us thought Salido/Lopez wasn't going to end up being what it is today. Besides, Salido has just been beaten by Gamboa, so he was fed to Lopez in order to compare the performances between the two. Sadly enough, Lopez came up short..both times. I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez took this one...

i didn't think salido was going to win the first time...i knew he would win the rematch. marquez is more worn than lopez. vasquez isn't as good as salido.
BoxingEinstein

WV2 takes it. This will be a good fight and to see if Rafa still has some left in the tank.
Franchize
Regardless of your prediction, can we all agree that this is one of the few fights that you can feel confident will be devoid of dull moments? I can't wait for this one. Is this on HBO or Showtime? I'd love to hear Gus call this one!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 15 2012, 02:22 PM) *
I can't wait for this one. Is this on HBO or Showtime?

Actually its supposed to be on an independent PPV telecast, which doesn't really spell HBO or Showtime. Thank God for streams though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.