Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBC Sports- Adamek vs. Chambers@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's clash on NBC Sports (Formerlly Verses) of the Chambers-Adamek fight.

Jack

Administrator
Cheesey1
First Poland gets knocked out of the Euros and now will we see one of her most famous sons knocked out tonight as well?
Unlikely, it'll probably go the distance.

I'm picking Fast Eddie, but it could go either way.

Bryant Jennings should win his bout, but it could be close.
mgrover
first time ive seen jennings fight hopefully is a decent fight
Cshel86
Gotta respect Jennings for keeping his day job! Good body work by Collins.

PS: I love these Go Daddy commercials good.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 16 2012, 09:15 PM) *
first time ive seen jennings fight hopefully is a decent fight

He's obviously up and coming, but is very promising.

The first round is the usual 'feeling out' round, so should not carry too much weight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2012, 09:21 PM) *
Gotta respect Jennings for keeping his day job!

Definitely.
Cheesey1
I do score rounds as draws. That first round was either a draw or Jennings' round.

I think that Jennings can pull off the KO. The jab is starting to look better (on and off). The combos will start landing as the rounds progress.
mgrover
the first round the jab seemed a bit lazy, but now its very quick and snappy
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 16 2012, 09:27 PM) *
the first round the jab seemed a bit lazy, but now its very quick and snappy

Yup.

When he commits to it, it can land nicely and it's snapping Collins head back a bit. I've got him winning every round since the first. Collins had some moments in the third, but Jennings is still more effective.

The bruising under Jennings right eye is from that accidental elbow of Collins'.
Cshel86
Whoa! Nasty uppercut by Jennings! He tried to send him to the moon with that shit! laugh.gif
mgrover
great uppercut, terrible way to finish him though, he just started throwing anything and everything like an excited puppy, granted he didn't have enough time, but if he'd stuck to some straight rights and simply out manoeuvring Collins
Cshel86
I have it a shut out...5 rounds to nothing. One could give the first to Collins for body shots and Jennings didn't do much in the first.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 16 2012, 09:36 PM) *
great uppercut, terrible way to finish him though, he just started throwing anything and everything like an excited puppy, granted he didn't have enough time, but if he'd stuck to some straight rights and simply out manoeuvring Collins

True. Jennings is still a bit unpolished, but I see a great foundation. Needs to be a bit more active tonight though and move more defensively.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2012, 09:40 PM) *
I have it a shut out...5 rounds to nothing. One could give the first to Collins for body shots and Jennings didn't do much in the first.

I agree. Except I thought that the first was either a draw, or a Jennings round.
BigFightFan
Jennings looks like a small heavyweight
Cheesey1
Jennings should work the body for the next round. He's landed some nice ones.

Get Collin's arms down and then hit 'im with the crisp jabs and combos.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 16 2012, 09:50 PM) *
Jennings looks like a small heavyweight

Yup. He is and that's been a criticism of his so far.
mgrover
i might get some sleep after this round to be a bit more awake for the lee chavez fight
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 16 2012, 09:52 PM) *
i might get some sleep after this round to be a bit more awake for the lee chavez fight

I can dig it. With the time difference. Understandable. I'm looking forward to the other HW match on NBCSports.

I'm still enjoying this one though. Nice accuracy from Jennings. Just more activity would've been nice.
mgrover
Collins has some chin though, hes been taking quite a few clean punches and still standing
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 16 2012, 09:56 PM) *
Collins has some chin though, hes been taking quite a few clean punches and still standing

Yup. I would've been KTFO by any of those bombs.
BigFightFan
Jennings have a habbit of leaning to the left when he throws the straight right. He needs to work on that in the gym
Cshel86
What tha hell? These two have a total 27 fuckin' losses??? This should be a barnburner, judging by their record and total disregard for defense no2.gif
Cshel86
Carasquillo has landed a few shots in this round, but his style is weird as hell. He just looks a zombie and walks you down. He does nothing significant to close the distance, he just walks towards you.

Davis has landed the majority of the shots, but it seems like Carasquillo has something up his sleeve, with his non-impressive ass.
Cshel86
What in the hell is wrong with the clock??? These dudes have fought for damn near 2 mins after the closing of the 2nd was "supposed" to come. That was a 6 minute round...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 16 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Jennings have a habbit of leaning to the left when he throws the straight right. He needs to work on that in the gym

Yeah. Maybe it's sort of a winding up motion? Interesting question is whether he might be better off with one of the top trainers at this transitional point in his career?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:27 PM) *
What in the hell is wrong with the clock??? These dudes have fought for damn near 2 mins after the closing of the 2nd was "supposed" to come. That was a 6 minute round...

I stepped out for a bit and missed most of this one.

Davis' trainer is one mean looking short dude....
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Davis' trainer is one mean looking short dude....

Yep...bitch looks like Yoel Judah. I'd hate to see this hoe in the streets though...would have to really put her out of her misery if it came down to a fight.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Yep...bitch looks like Yoel Judah. I'd hate to see this hoe in the streets though...would have to really put her out of her misery if it came down to a fight.

She makes Ann Wolf look sexy
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:44 PM) *

Ha!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 16 2012, 10:59 PM) *

Damn. That's what's known in fancy circles as a "zero sum game."
Cheesey1
Fast Eddie Chambers vs. Dirty Jerz's own Tomasz 'Goral' Adamek!!!
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 16 2012, 11:07 PM) *
Damn. That's what's known in fancy circles as a "zero sum game."

Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 16 2012, 10:59 PM) *

Yep, lol. She looks that terrible...
mrchitown
Chambers looks good, nice 1st Rd
Cheesey1
Close first round, but Chamber's accuracy won him that round.

I can't help it, but using the Manny Pacquaio principle, since Adamek threw but didn't connect, he won the second round....(joking).
mrchitown
A couple of nice right hands by Chambers in the 4th
Cheesey1
This round is Adamek's best so far.

It really looks like Chambers injured his left hand.

If Chambers could use both hands as he was earlier, he'd start wearing down Adamek (in combination with all of the missing that Adamek is doing).
mrchitown
Chambers should just keep doing what he's doing and he can win the fight. He has to counter and keep throwing that right hand
Cheesey1
Nice. Crisp right by Chambers!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 16 2012, 11:42 PM) *
Chambers should just keep doing what he's doing and he can win the fight. He has to counter and keep throwing that right hand

Yup. If he could use both, he'd win in better fashion.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 16 2012, 10:44 PM) *
Yup. If he could use both, he'd win in better fashion.

Indeed he would. He'd be up by a wider margin if he could pump out the jab
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 16 2012, 11:52 PM) *
Indeed he would. He'd be up by a wider margin if he could pump out the jab

Yup and his counter punching would become more of a factor.
mrchitown
This is a good fight!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 17 2012, 12:00 AM) *
This is a good fight!

Yeah. Too bad that Chambers noticeably lessened the use of his left.

Close one, but Chambers definitely took it. As the commentator said, it might be a draw because of some home cooking for Adamek, but no way in hell did Adamek win.
Cheesey1
Ha!!! That was some lame scoring. Whatever.

Chambers beat Adamek with one arm.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 16 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Yeah. Too bad that Chambers noticeably lessened the use of his left.

Close one, but Chambers definitely took it. As the commentator said, it might be a draw because of some home cooking for Adamek, but no way in hell did Adamek win.

I agree but it looks like yet again the judges didn't see what we saw lol. He didn't win that fight, 8-4 Adamek? The best I thought he could do was a draw. Chambers looks pissed and rightfully so
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 17 2012, 12:06 AM) *
I agree but it looks like yet again the judges didn't see what we saw lol. He didn't win that fight, 8-4 Adamek? The best I thought he could do was a draw. Chambers looks pissed and rightfully so

Yeah man. Adamek should give him a rematch, or hopefully Chambers can get a fight with someone with a name like Arreola.
daprofessor
adamek was schooled by a one-armed fighter. brilliant performance by chambers. too bad that fight was in new jersey.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 17 2012, 08:40 PM) *
adamek was schooled by a one-armed fighter. brilliant performance by chambers. too bad that fight was in new jersey.

Tha Dirty Jerz!!! The land of people that drive like complete idiots, yet say that New Yorkers don't know how to drive. I have yet to see a NJ driver that understands that a double yellow line means that you can't overtake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.