Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Chavez-Lee (SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Lee was ahead on all cards at the stoppage. WOW!

58-54 Fightnews said. I had Chavez ahead 3-2-1.

Jack
fightscoreollector
how did you all have the fight at the time of stoppage , i had it 57-57
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 17 2012, 12:27 AM) *
Apparently, Chavez refused to take a pre-fight urine test.

Hmmm....

I said the same thing. This is the 2nd fight where I've heard that Chavez was not forced to take a urine test. Lee's purse must have been pretty damn good for this fight. At some point you've got to put your foot down and say how much shit are you gonna let this guy get away with. I don't walk out unless they weigh his gloves and test him prior to the fight. They let the glove issue slide and now the piss test slide and it looks like Chavez got away with some more bullshit...
Hotsauce
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 16 2012, 11:20 PM) *
Do you guys think Chavez vs Martinez will be on PPV?

that fight and ortiz/canelo will be on sept 15 on ppv
Thickback
A few things here

1. Chavez, is a big sumbitch!!!! The fight was very entertaining to say the least. In the eyes of the average or "casual" boxing fan, this was a great night for boxing. The fight was entertaining, Manny was in the corner instead of commentating, showing off his multiple hats and its always better to see Roy with a mic instead of gloves on. Anywho, manny gave Lee a good gameplan with his typical "my fighter is taller than yours so he is just gonna jab until your fighter gets close and throw a straight Right/Left". It worked for a couple rounds but then Lee abandoned it and let Chavez have his way. Chavez was open for whatever Lee wanted to throw but after feeling Chavez' Cruiser weight punches, Lee became hesitant. NOW, wtf is up with this urine sample shit. HBO annonces it as if its no big deal, just like they thought it was funny that Manny "dissappeared" before his fight. FOH....that shit shady.

2. Manny Steward, has to be livid with Lee but at the same time, he knows Chavez would be a HW come fight nite and Lee is so scrawny..lol..anywho, what really surprised me is that Steward didn't push for a different location other than Texas. Also, the glove weights was a simple task that was denied. And finally, how do you allow a guy known for weight issues and diuretic abuse (lol) to get away with not giving a piss sample????

3. Martinez vs Chavez....IF it happens will be a hell of a fight!!!! Martinez might wanna bulk up for this one though. I still favor Martinez but Chavez is showing that he will come to fight. But if Freddie Roach doesn't miraculously teach Chavez defense, Martinez will hit him with Left hand bombs all night. Also, Martinez' gas tank is much better than Lee's and he is faster and moves WAY better. All that said, Chavez will eat Martinez' punches much better than Paul Williams and if he gets to lay on Martinez like he did Rubio and Lee then Marti Mar will have a bad night.

4. Lastly....Chavez at 168 will be his demise....Froch, Ward, Dirrell, Dawson(175) will beat the shit out of Chavez. Chavez vs Pavlik will be a good one. Pavlik's body work in his last fight was surprisingly impressive.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 12:18 AM) *
That would be the saddest day that we see. The "smart pick" would be Sergio because of his track record, but the "shit your pants" pick would be Julio...and he's more than likely win you some money.

The more I see Martinez fight, the more ordinary he looks. The more I see Chavez fight, he looks more and more unbeatable due to his massive frame at MW. Now, if he didn't rehydrate to 180+, then he wouldn't be able to take punches the way he does.

Fair enough, but if Martinez looks ordinary, then Chavez looks downright pedestrian. Not to oversimplify it, but if he doesn't get you on the ropes then Chaves is absolutely beatable. I was paying more attention to the NBC action, but from what I saw, Lee stopped moving away from the ropes. His limitations and fatigue probably caused that, but Maravilla will not make that mistake. It'll be a good fight, but Maravilla wins that one in the latter rounds.

JCC Jr.,TR's and TX' apparent complete disregard for drug testing should really be a criminal offence.
Franchize
Everyone left the fight talking about Chavez walking through Lees best punches. If Lee was more disciplined, this wouldnt have mattered. His bravado got him KOd. Chavez spent the first half of each round chasing Lee, showing off to the crowd and eating punches. The problems came when Chavez decided to finally throw punches. Thats when Andy Lee abandoned his boxing principles. Your hitting the guy with the kitchen sink for half of the round. When he starts tryna turn it on, jab him to death. If he gets passed that, tie him up. Freddy Roach fighters suck at cutting the ring off and struggle with counter punching.

As for Martinez, I dont want it to be mistaken that Im a fan of his. I just dont think he will go in the fight like Lee looking to hurt Chavez. I think he will be content on outpointing Chavez n giving him a boxing lesson. Like Manny, Chavez benefits from having opponents who want to come forward and bang with him. I want to see him against a solid boxer with movement.
mgrover
i fell asleep lol, will probably try and watch it later
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Everyone left the fight talking about Chavez walking through Lees best punches. If Lee was more disciplined, this wouldnt have mattered. His bravado got him KOd. Chavez spent the first half of each round chasing Lee, showing off to the crowd and eating punches. The problems came when Chavez decided to finally throw punches. Thats when Andy Lee abandoned his boxing principles. Your hitting the guy with the kitchen sink for half of the round. When he starts tryna turn it on, jab him to death. If he gets passed that, tie him up. Freddy Roach fighters suck at cutting the ring off and struggle with counter punching.

As for Martinez, I dont want it to be mistaken that Im a fan of his. I just dont think he will go in the fight like Lee looking to hurt Chavez. I think he will be content on outpointing Chavez n giving him a boxing lesson. Like Manny, Chavez benefits from having opponents who want to come forward and bang with him. I want to see him against a solid boxer with movement.

Yeah and if both guys are jacked up on EPO, then the playing field will be even. No piss tests for Martinez!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2012, 10:11 AM) *

Yeah and if both guys are jacked up on EPO, then the playing field will be even. No piss tests for Martinez!
Plah
Only advantage Chavez has is weight, Sergio will TKO him by round 9 or 10
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 17 2012, 03:43 AM) *
I am so sick of Lamply's pom-pom cheerleading! Why can't he go back to the great announcer he was ten to fifteen years ago?

Damn Jack, dont you think going back 10-15 years is a bit of a stretch? Lampley's too far gone, I tell ya! Toooo far goooone!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Plah @ Jun 17 2012, 12:23 PM) *
Only advantage Chavez has is weight, Sergio will TKO him by round 9 or 10

If Chavez has the weight advantage to stay on his feet after taking a punch (which he has shown), then how do you have Sergio by TKO? If people could stop comparing Julio's chin to P. Williams', Macklin's, Dzinzurik's, and Barker's (which Sergio couldn't get to), then their predictions would make sense.

These guys that Sergio has fought, either felt that they had a good chin, or felt that they NEEDED to take his punch to get something done. In Julio's case, he has both...he knows his chin is good, and he WILL take Sergio's punches.

From what I've seen over the past year with Chavez, is that his opponents are dumb enough to go in there and try to hurt this guy or knock him out with every punch...stupid. Then they get to the "I just shit my pants" checkpoint in the fight, and ultimately start to fold when they're power doesn't do the trick. This "David vs Goliath" mindset has fucked all of his opponents.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Damn Jack, dont you think going back 10-15 years is a bit of a stretch? Lampley's too far gone, I tell ya! Toooo far goooone!!! laugh.gif

If Chavez has the weight advantage to stay on his feet after taking a punch (which he has shown), then how do you have Sergio by TKO? If people could stop comparing Julio's chin to P. Williams', Macklin's, Dzinzurik's, and Barker's (which Sergio couldn't get to), then their predictions would make sense.

These guys that Sergio has fought, either felt that they had a good chin, or felt that they NEEDED to take his punch to get something done. In Julio's case, he has both...he knows his chin is good, and he WILL take Sergio's punches.

From what I've seen over the past year with Chavez, is that his opponents are dumb enough to go in there and try to hurt this guy or knock him out with every punch...stupid. Then they get to the "I just shit my pants" checkpoint in the fight, and ultimately start to fold when they're power doesn't do the trick. This "David vs Goliath" mindset has fucked all of his opponents.

I think that a TKO is possible because the accumulation of movement and effective offence by Martinez will wear JCC Jr's caveman ass down. If it gets to that point, then I think that Martinez will slice and dice.
It could go the distance and it won't be a cake walk for Sergio, but I really do think that he has all of the tools to beat JCC Jr. His age is a factor that can't be overlooked though.
Franchize
I dont think there will be a KO. i think it will go to the scorecards. I think there will b a lot of flash but very little action. I think both guys will resort to showboating. I think it will look like Jones vs Calzaghe minus Jones suspect chin. A lot of meaningless flurries and bravado.
BigFightFan
It seemed like Chavez would never face Martinez. Why are they fighting now? Because Bob Arum doesn't give a shit anymore. Chavez didn't sign and extension and most likely he will leave top rank when his contract is up.
checkleft
I think there could be a ko. But im more curious in how the conditions will be leading up to the fight, if Martinez will battle to make the fight fair via drug testing same day weigh in stuff like that, or if he will let himself get bullied because he got his big money fight and would be scared to lose it.
mgrover
if he doesn't give a shit and fights under any conditions and wins well what can I say? The mans a beast, but does anybody think Freddie Roach would let his fighter be at any sort of disadvantage, whether it be weight or otherwise?
Plah
Thats why I said 9-10 instead of 4 or 5.
sduck
I watched the fight drunk at someone else crib, so bare with me. Andy Lee outboxed Chavez the first 2-3 rounds. If he had kept that pace he could of won the fight. But he couldn't hold it, so he decided to stand in there and bang with Chavez. That was his mistake which is why he lost.

I don't think Chavez can beat Sergio, but he can prove us wrong. I was actually kind of surprised this fight was officially announced. It's the Mayweather-Pacquiao of Middleweights.
Franchize
QUOTE (sduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:54 AM) *
I watched the fight drunk at someone else crib, so bare with me. Andy Lee outboxed Chavez the first 2-3 rounds. If he had kept that pace he could of won the fight. But he couldn't hold it, so he decided to stand in there and bang with Chavez. That was his mistake which is why he lost.

I don't think Chavez can beat Sergio, but he can prove us wrong. I was actually kind of surprised this fight was officially announced. It's the Mayweather-Pacquiao of Middleweights.

I can only imagine that either A.) A bunch of stipulations have been placed on this fight in Chavez' favor. B.) Sergio is getting the short end of the stick revenue wise. Probably both.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 17 2012, 08:25 PM) *
I think there could be a ko. But im more curious in how the conditions will be leading up to the fight, if Martinez will battle to make the fight fair via drug testing same day weigh in stuff like that, or if he will let himself get bullied because he got his big money fight and would be scared to lose it.

It looks like Sergio wants the fight so badly that he's not asking for a single bloody thing apart from it has to be in Nevada and the weight of the gloves. Haha, while I won't call him desperate, it's a shame that he has no negotiating leverage to at least have random testing.
His being confident enough to know that he can beat '8-ball tha Caveman' even if the Caveman is juiced, is nice to see, but it's a shame that there won't be random testing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:57 PM) *
it's a shame that he has no negotiating leverage to at least have random testing.

He DOES have leverage. If he requests this very thing (OSDT), then he has the utmost power to have the fight called off. laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:28 PM) *
He DOES have leverage. If he requests this very thing (OSDT), then he has the utmost power to have the fight called off. laugh.gif

I beleive Sergio uses PEDs too. Thus, the playing field will be even as long as the glove size and Nevada are in the contract. With that said, I hope he stops Jr via an uglier KO than the Paul Williams KO.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 19 2012, 12:54 AM) *
I beleive Sergio uses PEDs too. Thus, the playing field will be even as long as the glove size and Nevada are in the contract. With that said, I hope he stops Jr via an uglier KO than the Paul Williams KO.

What makes you think Martinez is on peds? Just curious, not like I can vouch for him everyone is getting caught now.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 19 2012, 01:33 AM) *
What makes you think Martinez is on peds? Just curious, not like I can vouch for him everyone is getting caught now.

he shows the same stamina and punch resistance that Pacquiao and Chavez do. he's moved up and is beating the brakes off bigger guys. I had seen him a few times before and he's a much better fighter than he was about 6 years ago. He's also fighting young guys, while he's like 37. If he's not using, then he's incredible. The latter is always possible, but in this day and age, I'll always suspect a guy cheats until he takes blood tests that show otherwise.
Franchize
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 19 2012, 02:41 AM) *
he shows the same stamina and punch resistance that Pacquiao and Chavez do. he's moved up and is beating the brakes off bigger guys. I had seen him a few times before and he's a much better fighter than he was about 6 years ago. He's also fighting young guys, while he's like 37. If he's not using, then he's incredible. The latter is always possible, but in this day and age, I'll always suspect a guy cheats until he takes blood tests that show otherwise.

I get what your saying but he also did start VERY late in the game. Punishment wise, he's only about 30 tops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.