Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Chavez vs Lee fight was close at time of stoppage
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
fightscoreollector
i was able to collect 70 scores for this fight for the fightscorecollector blog (in the signature below).

31 had chavez winning, 11 lee and 28 draw

thanks to eveybody who posted scores...i had it 57-57 when fight stopped which went along with the scores i got.

Most had it 58-56 chavez or lee and as you see 28 a draw at 57-57

press score totals 18 chavez , 3 lee , 7 draw

cheers
daprofessor
this fight went exactly as i knew it would. smile.gif i knew it all along.
BoxingStill#1
Clos?... can be argued I guess..

Lee was landing.. but like bee bee's offa battleship..

Lets face it, Lee is a solid boxer.. but he cannot deal with a pressure fighter with power.. proven twice now..

Chavez is obviously there to be hit, thing is can he stand in there with a slick, fast, boxer WITH power.. aka Martinez... yet to be seen..

Anyway, I had Lee ahead into the third,.. once Chavez lost all respect for Lee's power (or lack of) it was all downhill..
Franchize
I had it even but you could tell Lee's psyche was being destroyed.
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 18 2012, 09:09 PM) *

this is my emmanuel steward impersonation. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 19 2012, 01:50 PM) *
this is my emmanuel steward impersonation. laugh.gif

I peeped that in the last line of your post, lol. "Yeah, I knew the fight was gonna end like this, by the way he walked to the ring." laugh.gif
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 18 2012, 09:09 PM) *

Me too. Could've wrote that down on paper when the fight was announced.
BigDDatHomey
The judges could've saved the pens, paper, compubox, scores.....blah blah...who ever had it close at the time of the stoppage....none of it matters. I knew his ass was getting stopped on a beat down. He's a good boxer, but if you don't have the power with Chavez to literally go head to head....because he's literally going to put his head on your forehead and make you bang, even the boxers.

Chavez doesn't come to box and don't give a damn about score cards...he's coming to beat you down even if he has to eat gloves all night in the process.
BigDDatHomey
By the way. I think Martinez can whoop that ass.
daprofessor
steward likes knock outs. chavez was just trying to make him happy. smile.gif
Jack 1000
I had it 3-2-1 Chavez.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 19 2012, 06:14 PM) *
steward likes knock outs. chavez was just trying to make him happy. smile.gif

Did a great job of it too! Totally left his ass out there to get kicked. Did anybody peep how red Lee's right rib cage area was? The prognosis was there...he kept protecting the body by keeping his elbows down, which left his head more open for hooks...and a counter right ended it.

Oh yeah, I agree with Jack's scorecard...I cant remember which round I scored even, but there a couple of close rounds.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 19 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Did a great job of it too! Totally left his ass out there to get kicked. Did anybody peep how red Lee's right rib cage area was? The prognosis was there...he kept protecting the body by keeping his elbows down, which left his head more open for hooks...and a counter right ended it.

Oh yeah, I agree with Jack's scorecard...I cant remember which round I scored even, but there a couple of close rounds.

lee's game plan was all wrong which leads me to question the great emmanuel stewards effectiveness as a coach and a strategist. it is clear that chavez is a guy who loves to come foward...likes to bang at close quarters...and throws big looping body shots. shane mosley showed the formula for beating guys like that in the margarito fight.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 19 2012, 09:20 PM) *

No doubt about it... Lee was cringing in about round 5... I saw the obvious pain on his face
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.