Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHypeUK Blog - Better than a gin and tonic
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
FightHypeUK's got several articles that really are better than a gin and tonic.

Or you could read them while drinking a gin and tonic (I'm a gin and club soda man myself).

http://uk.fighthype.com/ (if you're on the Front Page of FH, it's under the 'EXTRA' tab)

Here's a listing of the most recent cold refreshment:

20th June - 'HAYE COLLECTS LUXEMBOURG LICENCE' - Update on Haye/Chisora. We're getting closer to rumble time.

20th June - 'VIDEO - A DETAILED LOOK AT THE COMMENTARY FOR PACQUIO VS. BRADLEY' - Actions speak louder than words, let's go back to the tape.

20th June -'CHISORA'S SPARRING PARTNER SAYS HAYE WILL BE STOPPED' - According to Chisora's American sparring partner, it won't go the distance.

20th June -'IS BRITISH BOXING ON THE RISE?' - Is U.K boxing moving in the right direction and if it is, who's responsible?

19th June -'FANS TO STEP IN THE RING WITH KLITSHCKO' - So which fans are going to be forced into the ring with one of the heavyweight champions? Well not literally, but kind of.

18th June- 'HAYE VS. CHISORA...FIGHT OPINIONS' - Predictions from a nice cross-section of British boxing trainers, fighters, managers and promoters.

18th June -'5 REASONS WHY PACQUIAO VS. BRADLEY CONTROVERSY BENEFITS BOB ARUM' - The title sums it up and the article explains why. Can't keep a good Bobfather down.

17th June -'CHAVEZ JR. STOPS LEE IN 7...BUT WHY THE CONTROVERSY?' - What has 'life in the fast lane' JCC Jr. done now?

In addition to the above there are round by round recaps of the action in the U.K this past weekend. Matches included Rendall Munroe vs. Scott Quigg, Martin Murray vs. Karim Achour and Ryan Rodes vs. Sergey Rabchenko.

Starting on Thursday morning, the international boxing summary, 'WEEKEND IN BOXING,' will be featured as a regular column on FightHypeUK.

http://uk.fighthype.com/

FightHypeUK, like Benny Hill chasing a bunch of appropriately dressed ladies. It doesn't stop!
Cshel86
I've kept my eye on this UK blog, and read some of it when I've had the chance. The front page is a nightmare for my attention deficit disorder (a slight touch of it), a beautiful nightmare, might I add. I will catch myself reading something, then see a tweet suddenly pop up, then I'm lost. laugh.gif

Scott has some good stuff up there, and I saw his footage from the recent Khan presser earlier this month. There's another name that I noticed on one of the columns...somebody that told me that they're pursuing a writing career of some sort. Hmm...I wonder who that person could be, I think I have a concrete idea, and the column was great sir! cool.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 20 2012, 10:10 AM) *
I've kept my eye on this UK blog, and read some of it when I've had the chance. The front page is a nightmare for my attention deficit disorder (a slight touch of it), a beautiful nightmare, might I add. I will catch myself reading something, then see a tweet suddenly pop up, then I'm lost. laugh.gif

Scott has some good stuff up there, and I saw his footage from the recent Khan presser earlier this month. There's another name that I noticed on one of the columns...somebody that told me that they're pursuing a writing career of some sort. Hmm...I wonder who that person could be, I think I have a concrete idea, and the column was great sir! cool.gif

Yeah, Scott's a man with a plan.

Ha, yeah thanks. There's a lot going on and I'm pretty sure that the blog's going to reflect that. It's just a shame that I couldn't sign the article as Cheesey1. Talk about compromising one's artistic integrity or what.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 20 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Yeah, Scott's a man with a plan.

Ha, yeah thanks. There's a lot going on and I'm pretty sure that the blog's going to reflect that. It's just a shame that I couldn't sign the article as Cheesey1. Talk about compromising one's artistic integrity or what.

Either way it goes, it's great work my man! I cant knock it! I hope Scott's work will bring more UK fans to the board, but hell, maybe that's up to us too. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 20 2012, 08:10 PM) *
Either way it goes, it's great work my man! I cant knock it! I hope Scott's work will bring more UK fans to the board, but hell, maybe that's up to us too. laugh.gif

Thanks a lot.

I have some family and friends in the U.K, so hopefully they can spread the word. I'm going to open a twitter account either today, or tomorrow too (haha, I resisted as long as I could).
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 21 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Thanks a lot.

I have some family and friends in the U.K, so hopefully they can spread the word. I'm going to open a twitter account either today, or tomorrow too (haha, I resisted as long as I could).

Im seriously considering the twitter stuff as well, and I must admit, I've held out for as long as I could. Lol. Facebook was enough for me, especially some of the idiots looming around on there.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 21 2012, 09:58 AM) *
Im seriously considering the twitter stuff as well, and I must admit, I've held out for as long as I could. Lol. Facebook was enough for me, especially some of the idiots looming around on there.

Yup. Twitter's apparently a neccessary evil. The shame, the shame....
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 21 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Yup. Twitter's apparently a neccessary evil. The shame, the shame....

I'll be part of the evil by the end of the day. I've been talked into it numerous times, so I'll give it a shot.
daprofessor
how soon before we open the Puerto Rican blog?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2012, 04:32 PM) *
how soon before we open the Puerto Rican blog?

Not sure - but if it happened, would it be better than a bacardi and coke? (I couldn't think of another "typical" Puerto Rican drink).
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 22 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Not sure - but if it happened, would it be better than a bacardi and coke? (I couldn't think of another "typical" Puerto Rican drink).

laugh.gif that's a hard one to beat.
Cshel86
If there is a PR boxing blog, then there needs to be at least 2 pictures of PR women in the body part of the column, so my eyes wont start wandering (just to help my A.D.D.) Lol.

Thats an official request if the idea is in the works. Put it like this, the chicks can have boxing gloves on...it's still boxing, right?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 23 2012, 12:46 AM) *
If there is a PR boxing blog, then there needs to be at least 2 pictures of PR women in the body part of the column, so my eyes wont start wandering (just to help my A.D.D.) Lol.

Thats an official request if the idea is in the works. Put it like this, the chicks can have boxing gloves on...it's still boxing, right?

An inspired suggestion CShel. That blog will probably have more views than all of the boxing sites on the planet, combined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.